PDA

View Full Version : Well... now what?

NormanPride
2/2/2006, 11:02 AM
I hate this. Football is over now, and I'm too far away to watch spring practices. No spring game until April. No football after that until the fall.

And once BBall ends, the dark times are truly upon us.

So what do you do? What soothing rituals do you invoke to calm your tortured soul?

Jason White's Third Knee
2/2/2006, 11:51 AM
Actually work.

Brush up on new photoshop chops.

Watch dvds of last season.

Spend time with family.

Think about next season.

Wait for preseason mags to come out.

Brew beer.

Garden? In my beer garden, of course.

Rock out.

Lift heavy things.

boomersooner28
2/2/2006, 12:27 PM
Time to go re-watch the Holiday Bowl.

Tear Down This Wall
2/2/2006, 12:41 PM
Arthur: What happens now?

Bedevere: Well, now, Lancelot, Galahad and I wait until nightfall, and then leap out of the rabbit, taking the French by surprise. Not only by surprise, but totally unarmed!

Arthur: Who leaps out?

Bedevere: Uh, Lancelot, Galahad, and I... leap out of the rabbit... and...er... uh... oh...Look, uh, if we built this large wooden badger...

http://www.foreverblueskies.com/img/trojan-rabbit.gif

snp
2/2/2006, 12:43 PM
Pitchers and catchers report real soon.

OUinFLA
2/2/2006, 01:10 PM
Post on South Oval and irritate Norm and Dean.

Crimson Kid
2/2/2006, 01:19 PM
Watch more hockey, play more hockey, and relax, im allways uptight during game time lol, time to relax a bit. :)

SouthFortySooner
2/2/2006, 10:55 PM
Just my magination, runnin away with me.

Things like, no matter how talented The texis QB is, Mr. Ruuuufus will track him down like a lazer beam.

And an offensive line that gives Adrian the corner or the safety to play with.

Bomar, straight passes to sure hands. Oh my.

Granger and McCoy tryin to outdo each other and Pendelton who's taller than either lookin down on'em like their leader.

Birdine the sack leader... ALL Season... waving to those in the stands who thought he was second fiddle.

The secondary getting an interception...Ooops.

Are we there yet?

sanantoniosooner
2/2/2006, 10:59 PM
Pitchers and catchers report real soon.
That increases horn traffic.

NickZeppelin
2/2/2006, 11:01 PM
Spring Football is about a month away I think.

handcrafted
2/3/2006, 11:01 AM
Simply watch the greatness that is international soccer. World Cup this summer, and USA warm-up games between now and then. We got a shot this time to at least match what we did in 2002 (quarterfinals).

Also, Winter Olympics start soon!

NickZeppelin
2/3/2006, 11:07 AM
No one watches soccer.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/3/2006, 11:47 AM
I don't know about no one, I enjoy the Female USA Soccer Team....but other than that...yeah you are right ;)

JohnnyMack
2/3/2006, 11:50 AM
Simply watch the greatness that is international soccer. World Cup this summer, and USA warm-up games between now and then. We got a shot this time to at least match what we did in 2002 (quarterfinals).

Neg spek jihad to commence in 5......4......3......2......1......

snp
2/3/2006, 12:24 PM
SAS, I meant MLB. Although college baseball is a blast as well. Heading to the opening game next weekend. Gonna get drunk on the hill and heckle. Boo yea.

Not sure about that one. We're in a really tough group :(

NormanPride
2/3/2006, 12:33 PM
Baseball sucks. Whiny fat guys injecting steroids and getting into fights. At least hockey players are fit and don't whine.

soonerdave79
2/3/2006, 02:18 PM
I hybernate during off season. Sometimes I wake up to check out the recruiting board.

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 02:24 PM
Pitchers and catchers report real soon.bleh...1.7 million games. Wake me for the playoffs, then I might watch a game or two. Never forget the strike!

Flagstaffsooner
2/3/2006, 02:51 PM
I hybernate during off season. Sometimes I wake up to check out the recruiting board.I may try that. I need to sleep off some of my bear fat.

OUGreg723
2/3/2006, 03:06 PM
Play NCAA Football 2006 and win the MNC EVERY YEAR!

Sooner Born & Sooner Bred
2/3/2006, 03:09 PM
That increases horn traffic.

Just spit water all over my monitor on that one... :D thanks for the good laugh! SS! :P

Herr Scholz
2/3/2006, 03:38 PM
My advice to you is to drink heavily. [/Blutarski]

After March Madness, it is definitely the dark times. I could at least occupy myself pulling for Lance in the Tour in the summertime in years past. Don't even have that this year. Hopefully my Cubs make a run this year.

JohnnyMack
2/3/2006, 03:40 PM
Every year I tell myself I'm gonna be a bigger baseball fan when spring rolls around. Hasn't ever really taken hold for me.

Scott D
2/3/2006, 03:44 PM
Spring Football is about a month away I think.

less than 3 weeks.

soonerdave79
2/3/2006, 03:48 PM
watching baseball = nap time

FlatheadSooner
2/3/2006, 03:55 PM
Fix broken things around the house.

Drink beer.

Play golf.

Drink more beer.

snp
2/3/2006, 07:01 PM
bleh...1.7 million games. Wake me for the playoffs, then I might watch a game or two. Never forget the strike!

Baseball is just not a sport people in Oklahoma care for. I've met a few Cardinal fans, mostly from Tulsa, a few Ranger fans, and a couple Astro fans. Most people just don't care from this state just don't care.

Then you always have your bandwagon Red Sox and Cub fans :rolleyes:

And I won't forget that strike year. Jeff Bagwell had one of the most incredible seasons ever that year :(

Games: 110 AB: 400 Runs: 104 Hits: 147 Doubles: 32 HR: 39 RBI: 116 SB: 15 BA: .368 OBP: .451 SLG: .750 TB: 300

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 08:36 PM
Baseball is just not a sport people in Oklahoma care for. I've met a few Cardinal fans, mostly from Tulsa, a few Ranger fans, and a couple Astro fans. Most people just don't care from this state just don't care.

Then you always have your bandwagon Red Sox and Cub fans :rolleyes:

And I won't forget that strike year. Jeff Bagwell had one of the most incredible seasons ever that year :(

Games: 110 AB: 400 Runs: 104 Hits: 147 Doubles: 32 HR: 39 RBI: 116 SB: 15 BA: .368 OBP: .451 SLG: .750 TB: 300I actually LOVE OU/College baseball. It's the MLB attitude and business that I don't like.

OU-HSV
2/3/2006, 09:07 PM
Sorry guys..IMHO Baseball = boring azz sh*t. At least we'll have the lakes to hit once it warms up enough. Fishing, cruising the lake, etc. (i.e. beer drinking) always helps pass the time between now and the first football game.

OUinFLA
2/3/2006, 09:18 PM
just admit it, we are football junkies and nothing helps.

GottaHavePride
2/3/2006, 09:23 PM
I like playing baseball, just not watching it.

sanantoniosooner
2/3/2006, 10:40 PM
SAS, I meant MLB. Although college baseball is a blast as well. Heading to the opening game next weekend. Gonna get drunk on the hill and heckle. Boo yea.

Not sure about that one. We're in a really tough group :(
I was referring to another type of "pitching and catching" that longhorns enjoy.

Jason White's Third Knee
2/4/2006, 08:35 AM
Soccer, hockey, baseball, dodgeball, kickball... who gives a ****?

Nothing compares to OU football.