StoopTroup
2/2/2006, 10:30 AM
I've heard that...

yermom
2/2/2006, 10:49 AM
i've always heard it was a ****hole

critical_phil
2/2/2006, 10:50 AM
but it's a smaller ****hole than tulsa........

soonerbrat
2/2/2006, 11:04 AM
i went to lawton once.

frankensooner
2/2/2006, 11:16 AM
I lived there for 18 months and it was the longest three years of my life.

jeremy885
2/2/2006, 11:59 AM
i've always heard it was a ****hole

I think SW OKC and probably most of Tulsa is a bigger ****hole than Lawton.

Howzit
2/2/2006, 12:07 PM
I bet there is a two- or three-block area somewhere in Lawton that is ****holer than SW OKC.

jeremy885
2/2/2006, 12:12 PM
could be, but not nearly on the scale of OKC or Tulsa where the ****hole areas of either could equal the size of Lawton.

Howzit
2/2/2006, 12:13 PM
Well, do we have a bet or not?

soonerbrat
2/2/2006, 12:20 PM
if you lost the bet will you send kearu san away?

Howzit
2/2/2006, 12:27 PM
Too many posters would miss him.

jeremy885
2/2/2006, 12:38 PM
Well, do we have a bet or not?

So whats the bet, that one area of Lawton is a bigger ****hole than SW OKC as a whole or that one area of Lawton is a bigger ****hole than any one area of SW OKC?

Howzit
2/2/2006, 01:06 PM
Well, it sounds silly when you put it that way.

How 'bout if we start a pool on how much DC will have to pay for black market beer in Eye-rack?

yermom
2/2/2006, 01:09 PM
black market beer?

sounds like he's going to have a few snot bubels of his own

critical_phil
2/2/2006, 01:19 PM
i love the SW OKC smack - as i post from my (nearly) Bruce-size house in SW OKC. i was part of the great white migration of '97.

some people don't get out that much..........

Taxman71
2/2/2006, 01:23 PM
i love the SW OKC smack - as i post from my (nearly) Bruce-size house in SW OKC. i was part of the great white migration of '97.

I hear that smack alot and always think they are referring the area north of I-240 and south of I-40. If so, they are right. However, the zip code in SW OKC/Westmoore area that has the Rivendell addition has the highest per capita income in the state. It used to be teh 73072 zip code in west Norman (note: also south of NW OKC).

I actually know people who publicly swear they would never live south of NW 50th in OKC.

critical_phil
2/2/2006, 01:32 PM
the zip code in SW OKC/Westmoore area that has the Rivendell addition has the highest per capita income in the state.

i used to have the link for that statistic, and was digging for it for my post.

i think it's second in the state to one of the tulsa burbs.

while i love it in the 73170, the growth has been a little too much. i'll probably be moving in a couple of years. everywhere there's 3500 sq ft to spare, a house is going up.......

Mjcpr
2/2/2006, 01:51 PM
i think it's second in the state to one of the tulsa burbs.

Suck on that, OKC snobs.

:D

critical_phil
2/2/2006, 01:58 PM
Suck on that, nichols hills/PC/NWOKC snobs.

:D

assist.....

Taxman71
2/2/2006, 02:00 PM
That is one reason I live in Norman. It is a separate town which has not (yet) been divided based on direction (NW, SW, SE, NE) like OKC. If that changes, I will just have to move further south to Purcell or Paul's Valley and drive an hour into work every day.

I get sick of every insecure trailer kid getting their first job over minimum wage, getting an apartment at NW 104th & Penn and thumbing their nose at southside trash. On second thought, I am glad those people are in NW OKC so Norman can stay the way it is.

Besides, don't people realize the northside is closer to Stillwater?

jeremy885
2/2/2006, 02:06 PM

The last time I was in SW OKC all the signs were in Spanish, so I guess it's been awhile.

critical_phil
2/2/2006, 02:09 PM
taxman, i hate to rant about it but the northside/southside deal really gets to me.

it's not just about where you live either. in both of our business ventures, we actually made a conscious decision to put our offices in NW OKC - even though it is inconvenient for us (and there is brand new, open space in the Rivendell area). there is still a negative perception among a lot of people about SW OKC.

critical_phil
2/2/2006, 02:13 PM
The last time I was in SW OKC all the signs were in Spanish, so I guess it's been awhile.

well, there's a difference between S.W. 28th and Agnew and S.W. 149th and May just like there's a difference between N.W. 10th and Council and Nichols Hills.

personally, i think i'd feel safer at 28th and Agnew (even though i don't speak spanish) than i would at 10th and council (cause i definitely don't speak Crip or Blood)......

Jimminy Crimson
2/2/2006, 02:23 PM
SOUTHSIIIIIIIIIIDE!

Taxman71
2/2/2006, 02:26 PM
I have never understood how someone gets instant "uppidy" status solely by moving to a new zip code (other than 90210 obviously) regardless of what kind of person you are, education, etc. I moved from SE OKC to Norman to SW OKC to Norman to NW OKC to Downtown OKC and finally to Norman (hopefully permanently). I really don't think I have acquired or lost any status during those moves. I do know which areas I enjoyed the least (NW OKC and Downtown).

Then again, I live within minutes of Bob Stoops, Toby Keith, Barry Switzer, and Owen Field, maybe I should start feeling uppidy.

Taxman71
2/2/2006, 02:30 PM
SOUTHSIIIIIIIIIIDE!

True story....
I was at a business lunch at the Petroleum Club when some guy starting bitching about how the roads were icy in his neighborhood (NW OKC). I said they were fine coming in from Norman. He said that was because all the city workers live on the southside and clean their own neighborhoods first.

Now I just laugh at the resale value of my Norman neighborhood versus his old, stale Brady Bunch style house. NTTAWWT.

jeremy885
2/2/2006, 02:39 PM
well, there's a difference between S.W. 28th and Agnew and S.W. 149th and May just like there's a difference between N.W. 10th and Council and Nichols Hills.

personally, i think i'd feel safer at 28th and Agnew (even though i don't speak spanish) than i would at 10th and council (cause i definitely don't speak Crip or Blood)......

Try living around ST Anthony's for a year. Now that place is a **** hole south of 13th ST.

OhU1
2/2/2006, 02:44 PM
I much prefer living in Norman where I grew up but I've lived in Lawton for the past 4 years. Better job sitution here for me.

When I moved down here I took an apartment without looking around much as I only had 1 day to get a place. I hate moving and my rent is cheap so I still live in the same place. 1 block away you can see prostitutes walking the streets. However, the area is otherwise peaceful.

Obviously I am not in the good area of town (not that there are many good areas in Lawton). I will say that it is much more peaceful renting an apartment in the bad part of Lawton than it was east of campus in Norman. Give me prostitutes plying their trade a block away over 20 year olds with nothing better to do than make noise at 3:00 AM every night any time. People actually have jobs and go to work in the morning in Lawton.

Taxman71
2/2/2006, 04:38 PM
I wouldn't mind living in the addition of houses on the north edge of Lawton along Rogers Lane (by the house on the hill with the golden dome).

jeremy885
2/2/2006, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't mind living in the addition of houses on the north edge of Lawton along Rogers Lane (by the house on the hill with the golden dome).

I was kind of shocked that they built a the new Wal-Mart next to that addition though.

Taxman71
2/2/2006, 04:55 PM
All this talk about hookers living nearby reminds me....Earl is on tonight at 8.

critical_phil
2/2/2006, 05:01 PM
or, as i call it, that show that comes on before the Office....

homerSimpsonsBrain
2/3/2006, 02:06 AM
The real uppity people live in Agwam