PDA

View Full Version : So Fred Phelps crew is going to be protesting at another funeral in OK tom.

Hatfield
2/2/2006, 12:24 AM
these people are just sick. They are going to be at the funeral of a young man who was killed when the tank he was in hit a roadside bomb.

i can't even fathom the pain of losing a child/sibling/etc. to war....much less the horror of having someone protest at his funeral for something not even related to the war.

GottaHavePride
2/2/2006, 12:26 AM
There's a special place reserved for people like Fred Phelps. It's called Compton.

Jimminy Crimson
2/2/2006, 12:33 AM
When that effer dies, I might make an effort to go protest his funeral.

He's an old sumbitch, so it might be sooner than later.

:mad:

Jimminy Crimson
2/2/2006, 12:35 AM
...the VFW/POW/MIA crowd has done a nice job of turning out for his 'protests' to drown out the protesters with their salutes and revving their bikes.

Kudos to them for that!

Ike
2/2/2006, 12:41 AM
I'd be very tempted to apply for a demonstration permit for the area just around Phelps and his crew...and then as my 'demonstration' erect a sound-proof wall that encircles the protestors for the duration of the funeral.

RacerX
2/2/2006, 12:43 AM
The shame is that the news continues to cover that jackass and his jackasses.

He'd fade away if they didn't get any attention.

bigdsooner
2/2/2006, 01:00 AM
how the hell could someone not know that was fuc*ed up. he's just a bastard who needs to die

picasso
2/2/2006, 01:37 AM
I saw on tv where legislation is being pushed to make it illegal for wankers like this to protest at funerals.
big big fine for doing so.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/2/2006, 01:51 AM
I bet people would donate to bail money if someone were to say put him through a table...I am just saying ;)

StoopTroup
2/2/2006, 06:41 AM
I saw on tv where legislation is being pushed to make it illegal for wankers like this to protest at funerals.
The sooner the better IMO.

"It's called respect for the dead."

Same as not pulling over for a Funeral procession.

47straight
2/2/2006, 10:40 AM
I'm still convinced that Fred Phelps is a moveon.org/ACLU/A.N.S.W.E.R operative in deep cover to make bible-believin hillbillies look bad :eddie:

JohnnyMack
2/2/2006, 10:43 AM

Much as I disagree with their message, you have to allow them to assemble. Kinda like the Klan or Neo-Nazis.

OklahomaTuba
2/2/2006, 10:45 AM
I'm still convinced that Fred Phelps is a moveon.org/ACLU/A.N.S.W.E.R operative in deep cover to make bible-believin hillbillies look bad :eddie:Might not be that far off, considering how close he was to Al Gore. (campaign manager!)

http://www.lcrga.com/images/gore-with-phelps2.jpg

If I ever see this POS in person, I might have a word with him myself I dislike him so. He is sick.

OklahomaTuba
2/2/2006, 10:47 AM
Much as I disagree with their message, you have to allow them to assemble. Kinda like the Klan or Neo-Nazis.
Not at a funeral for a fallen soldier.

Thats not right, and I am betting new laws will end this very quickly Thank God.

yermom
2/2/2006, 10:49 AM
that will just mean he pays fines/goes to jail

that will just get him more press and more of a hardon from this crap

i think they should just turn the sprinklers on them or something

OklahomaTuba
2/2/2006, 10:50 AM
that will just mean he pays fines/goes to jail

that will just get him more press and more of a hardon from this crap

i think they should just turn the sprinklers on them or something
Anything. But the government better do something before people start going after those folks. Anyday now I expect that to happen.

Hatfield
2/2/2006, 10:54 AM
the proposed legislation puts distance restraints (i think 300 yards) and time restraints (can't be there an hour before or 2 hours after).

and phelps is nuts. not an "undercover" blah blah blah....and by your picture sleuthing tuba one could then say the same thing about bush/abramoff....but this isn't at all what this thread is about.

so back to the non-partisan hatred of all things phelps.

OklahomaTuba
2/2/2006, 10:59 AM
the proposed legislation puts distance restraints (i think 300 yards) and time restraints (can't be there an hour before or 2 hours after).

and phelps is nuts. not an "undercover" blah blah blah....and by your picture sleuthing tuba one could then say the same thing about bush/abramoff....but this isn't at all what this thread is about.

so back to the non-partisan hatred of all things phelps.

Unfortunatly, Gore was hooked up with this jackass, and that is undisputed fact. The picture is only part of that relationship.

Tear Down This Wall
2/2/2006, 11:01 AM
Fred Phelps and Muhammad are going to have a tough go of it on judgement day.

yermom
2/2/2006, 11:01 AM
Anything. But the government better do something before people start going after those folks. Anyday now I expect that to happen.

i wouldn't really shed any tears for them ;)

in their sick minds they probably want the martyr status or something anyway

Dio
2/2/2006, 11:09 AM
Where might this protest be, and which grocery store in the area has the cheapest eggs?

imjebus
2/2/2006, 11:24 AM
Not at a funeral for a fallen soldier.

Thats not right, and I am betting new laws will end this very quickly Thank God.

Do you think it is ok for him to protest at gay people's funerals who have been beaten to death my homophobes?

usmc-sooner
2/2/2006, 11:32 AM
Do you think it is ok for him to protest at gay people's funerals who have been beaten to death my homophobes?

do you ever just stick to the point of the thread. Nobody said anything about it being OK to protest gay's funeral. You're schtick is not really clever or witty, just old and annoying.

JohnnyMack
2/2/2006, 11:38 AM
Fred Phelps and Muhammad are going to have a tough go of it on judgement day.

Like a cage match duel or what do you mean?

Hatfield
2/2/2006, 11:40 AM
do you ever just stick to the point of the thread. Nobody said anything about it being OK to protest gay's funeral. You're schtick is not really clever or witty, just old and annoying.

usmcsooner to be consistent are you now going to chide tuba for his diversion?

Tear Down This Wall
2/2/2006, 11:41 AM
Like a cage match duel or what do you mean?

No, in trying to explain to Christ their rejection of Him and His teachings:

""Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." - Jesus from the Sermon on the Mount.

usmc-sooner
2/2/2006, 11:47 AM
usmcsooner to be consistent are you now going to chide tuba for his diversion?

If he diverts which I know he does but I didn't see it in this thread.

Hatfield
2/2/2006, 11:49 AM
look for a post with a picture and chide away. ;)

usmc-sooner
2/2/2006, 11:51 AM
look for a post with a picture and chide away. ;)

well the thread was about Fred Phelps and he's talking about Fred Phelps yes he could have left the politics out but it was still about Phelps. Nobody in this thread said it was ok to protest gay's funerals. That is all I'm saying.

yermom
2/2/2006, 11:52 AM
i'm not sure either one is that diverted... Tuba was responding to the ACLU/moveon.org thing

did they actually protest at a gay hate crime funeral?

i'm not sure it really requires qualification that it's a soldier's funeral that makes this ridiculous

usmc-sooner
2/2/2006, 11:55 AM

to be honest I don't know. I can't stand Phelps. If he did I can see imjebus point a little better, I just didn't see anyone saying it was acceptable to protest any funeral whether it was a gay person's funeral or a Soldier.

yermom
2/2/2006, 11:59 AM
i'm sure jebus was stirring the pot a bit ;)

but i'm not thinking it was that off-topic

JohnnyMack
2/2/2006, 12:01 PM
No, in trying to explain to Christ their rejection of Him and His teachings:

""Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." - Jesus from the Sermon on the Mount.

Man am I screwed.

My hell will be watching :mack: run it up on our boys while listening to Stevie Nicks and Ashlee Simpson sing duets.

Hatfield
2/2/2006, 12:18 PM
Man am I screwed.

My hell will be watching :mack: run it up on our boys while listening to Stevie Nicks and Ashlee Simpson sing duets...while Bob Barry does the color commentary

fixed

JohnnyMack
2/2/2006, 12:19 PM
fixed

Oh, I see, you're one of those old testament vengeful types. ;)

Hatfield
2/2/2006, 04:22 PM
so word is that a whopping 8 people showed up from the phelps crew.....and they were placed a ways away.

and for some reason a fire truck was parked right in front of them.

and left running so nobody could hear anything coming from the army of 8.

nice job fire truck.

OklahomaTuba
2/2/2006, 04:58 PM

Nope.

And the inventor of the internet isn't welcome either.

opksooner
2/2/2006, 05:50 PM
Part of a larger article found on WikiPedia:

Fred's position at Eastside was shortlived; as some congregants would recall years later, he was a "reverend from Hell." Almost immediately his sermons exhibited the hate-filled spirit which would later characterize his ministry. For example, as a means of encouraging the wives and children to "submit to the father's authority in the home," Phelps began encouraging his congregants to beat them if necessary; he was once forced to bail one of his parishioners out of jail after counseling the man to punch his wife in the face until she became "subjugated." Parishioners of Eastside recall one of Phelps' sermons in particular (which ironically references his high-school boxing talent):

A good left hook makes for a right fine wife. Brethren, they can lock us up, but we'll still do what the Bible tells us to do. Either our wives are going to obey, or we're going to beat them! [22]
The congregants, when asked by the Topeka Capital-Journal in interviews years later, recalled an incident one Sunday morning when Phelps' infant son, Mark, began to squirm during a sermon; Phelps responded by repeatedly punching the baby in the face. Afterwards, several men of the congregation confronted Phelps about the attack. [23]

Phelps' dismissal from the church came when a female congregant admitted that she had committed adultery. The next Sunday, Phelps' sermon revolved around the woman, repeatedly referring to her as a whore and encouraging the congregation to draw up an official "form" declaring her to be damned to Hell and excommunicated from the church (a tactic he would later adopt at Westboro). Instead, the congregants voted to kick Phelps out of the church.

Today, Phelps maintains that he left willingly because Cavin was not staunch enough of a Baptist. However, at least one Eastside congregant remembers it differently:

Theological differences? Brother Cavin was a very staunch Baptist. I don't know if there ever was a man more strict than Leaford Cavin. Really, it was the anger in Fred, not doctrine, that caused him to act the way he did. [24]
Several congregants chose to stand by Phelps and left Eastside with him. However, following an incident in which a stoned and drunken Phelps shotgunned to death a German Shepherd in front of a six-year-old because the dog had defecated on his lawn, the majority of Phelps' initial supporters left and returned to Eastside. Those who remained with Phelps included George Stutzman, the Davis family and the Hockenbarger family, the patriarch of which, Charles William (called Bill by fellow congregants), was a member of the Christian Identity sect of the Ku Klux Klan and a long-time friend of Phelps; these would become the founding members of Westboro Baptist Church in 1955.
Now, who wouldn't want to be led by a good, God-fearing man like that? [/sarcasm]

Fugue
2/3/2006, 12:17 PM
Channel 10 up here in 'Tittay interviewed him last night. Why does he do his antigay protesting? Out of Love.

"I'm the only one who loves these fags."

:eek:

yermom
2/3/2006, 12:29 PM
Part of a larger article found on WikiPedia:

Now, who wouldn't want to be led by a good, God-fearing man like that? [/sarcasm]

new sig :D

skycat
2/3/2006, 01:51 PM

The whole funeral protest thing started with gay AIDS victims, if I remember correctly. They also went to Wyoming to protest the funeral of the young man killed for being gay (can't recall the name).

I don't think even this thread really gets through how big of a ****** this guy is. And this thread makes him look like a pretty damn big ******.

HoserSooner
2/3/2006, 02:09 PM
Has anyone ever taken a swing, or god forbid a shot at him? I would think that someone by now would have burried some lead in that backwards brain of his?

(Not that I'm advocating violence or anything....;) )

Salt City Sooner
2/3/2006, 02:10 PM
The local ABC station did an interview with him last night. Talk about one very messed up individual. (video included)

"I'm the only one that loves these fags."

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/2252792.html

yermom
2/3/2006, 02:22 PM
The whole funeral protest thing started with gay AIDS victims, if I remember correctly. They also went to Wyoming to protest the funeral of the young man killed for being gay (can't recall the name).

I don't think even this thread really gets through how big of a ****** this guy is. And this thread makes him look like a pretty damn big ******.

i was just curious... it didn't sound out of character or anything

it probably didn't create enough of an outrage with the average American TV viewer or something

this way he gets the libz AND the Tubas

skycat
2/3/2006, 02:31 PM
this way he gets the libz AND the Tubas

Exactly.

skycat
2/3/2006, 02:35 PM
Has anyone ever taken a swing, or god forbid a shot at him? I would think that someone by now would have burried some lead in that backwards brain of his?

(Not that I'm advocating violence or anything....;) )

He got maced in San Francisco one time.

It made 20/20, he loved it.

A young woman hopped a curb in her car, coming close to hitting some of the protestors.

More publicity for this fruitcake.

Seriously, you want to hurt this guy? As hard as it is, don't pay attention to him.

2/3/2006, 03:14 PM
He likes publicity. Too bad he gets it.

Cam
2/3/2006, 06:45 PM
The shame is that the news continues to cover that jackass and his jackasses.

He'd fade away if they didn't get any attention.
Exactly.

Al Gore
2/3/2006, 06:59 PM
He travels to get attention........After 20 years, we don't pay attention to him here.........