PDA

View Full Version : Is there a rule against standing up in Lloyd Noble?

achiro
2/1/2006, 09:59 PM
Sitting here watching the game 1 minute left and OU only up by 5. The crowd looks like they suck from here! It also seems pretty empty???

sanantoniosooner
2/1/2006, 10:00 PM
Is there a rule against staning up in Lloyd Noble?
Why do you hate Stan?

sooner518
2/1/2006, 10:09 PM
when you give up most of a 14 point lead, its kind of hard to get excited.

StoopTroup
2/1/2006, 10:09 PM
Some of them were leaving before the game was over.

william_brasky
2/1/2006, 10:20 PM
Move the games back to the Fieldhouse baby!!!!!

GottaHavePride
2/1/2006, 10:27 PM
Sitting here watching the game 1 minute left and OU only up by 5. The crowd looks like they suck from here! It also seems pretty empty???

that may be partly from our new "pack every timeout with advertisements to numb the crowd's brains" policy. ;)

Jay C. Upchurch
2/1/2006, 10:28 PM
There was actually a really good crowd tonight, around 9,500 on a Wednesday for A&M. And for the most part, they were into the game.

Just one note about one of the above posts. These always make me wonder...

"when you give up most of a 14 point lead, its kind of hard to get excited."

In my opinion, that's total bull. So fans should only get excited and cheer when the team is playing well?

Just me, but I believe a team playing off its game is lifted up by the crowd, which should be cheering extra loud in an effort to get their team back on the right track.

Yes, I realize that's difficult to do. But home fans should cheer the good play and do their best to energize their team when all is not going well.

william_brasky
2/1/2006, 10:34 PM
Shoulda woulda coulda Churchy. :les:

I've had a few beers this evening

StoopTroup
2/1/2006, 10:47 PM
Jay...

I just can't stand folks who leave early when the game is close.

If Kelvin was playing the bench and there was five minutes left maybe I'd understand.

Basketball has changed so much in the last decade.

Division I has so many teams who can get to the tourney.

The Big XII teams have just been executing each other.

The folks that just sit there and never cheer and then leave early, really upset me. I don't know why I let it bother me...but...it does. The level of play anymore doesn't really one to leave early IMO.

King Crimson
2/1/2006, 11:16 PM
crowd sounded pretty good on the radio stream. JMO.

Paperclip
2/1/2006, 11:17 PM
I stayed until the end tonight and there is an odd feeling when you're standing and cheering and you realize nobody behind you is. You almost feel a little obligated to sit down so you don't block someone's view. I just took my cue from Karen Sampson. If she stood so did I. :)

NUSooner
2/1/2006, 11:31 PM
I stood up the whole game

william_brasky
2/1/2006, 11:31 PM
Lloyd Noble is the most laid-back College hoops venue at which I've ever attended a game. I don't know if it's the mood lighting, the seats, the distance away from the floor, the fact that the place is off campus, etc., but it's just laid back. I don't buy into all the "OU's a football school" business either. Lloyd Noble is simply not conducive to a "rocking" crowd.

Soonerus
2/1/2006, 11:53 PM
OU and the Hornets need to quit playing home games on the same night...lots of OU fans at the Hornets game tonight (including Bomar)....it is just a bad conflict right now...

Sooner04
2/2/2006, 09:34 AM
OU and the Hornets need to quit playing home games on the same night...lots of OU fans at the Hornets game tonight (including Bomar)....it is just a bad conflict right now...
F*** the Hornets.

oumartin
2/2/2006, 09:57 AM
Find the Hornets?
Food the hornets?
Funk the hornets?

OUstud
2/2/2006, 04:43 PM
I try my best to cheer when I'm sitting in a sit down area, in my case, LE2. The worst place, where I sat for the Saxet game, is E4, the small section above the east entrance. Those people rarely clapped and never wore their white T-shirts, the thing that pi$$es me off the most. :mad: .

oumartin
2/2/2006, 04:47 PM
actually, alot of nights there must be a rule against playing entertaining basketball :D

ucosooner
2/2/2006, 06:26 PM
When I was at the Tech game, some old dude behind me asked if me and my pops could sit down. I hate it when people say stuff like that. If I wanted to sit down, I woulda stayed at home. I hear at the football games, now at the basketball games. And this guy shows up late to the game, then leaves early. Arrive early, cheer and stand all game (I understand a little break during a timeout or something), then stay till the end. Please.

Soonerus
2/2/2006, 08:58 PM
F*** the Hornets.

I love the Sooners...and one year ago I couldn't stomach to watch even a 15 second highlight on NBA basketball...now after experiencing NBA basketball first hand I love the Hornets too...you, as usual, are showing your close-mindedness...but a least if you are close-minded you are close-minded in favor of the Sooners , so you have that going for you...You should go experience the Hornets and find out for yourself...basketball exists outside the confines of the LNC...Hornets and Sooners can and will co-exist so stop being so defensive everytime someone mentions the Hornets...

Big Red Ron
2/2/2006, 09:16 PM
I admit it, I was at the Hornets game last night. I was torn. Seriously, I was.

Anyone who doesn't think that the Hornets are going to hurt OU and OSU Basketabll attendence hasn't seen the Ford Center, sold out (19,000+)on a Wed. night (also "church night" to most Oklahomans).

Man, it was awsome. Rhett threw a nerf ball to the top section from center court.

Soonerus
2/2/2006, 09:21 PM
Anybody in denial about the Hornets (e.g. Sooner 04) better pull out of it, it is great basketball and entertainment...

BudsBoy
2/2/2006, 10:48 PM
When you discover that your clap switch does not turn on when you stand up and works very well when seated you will enjoy the game as much as I do, and you won't be rude and stand infront of folks who are actually watching the game. Believe me your *** does not have a thing to do with getting loud and cheering, it works just fine when you make a lap. No shut the hell up about people standing up.

Paperclip
2/2/2006, 11:47 PM
Congratulations on being part of the problem.

Ardmore_Sooner
2/2/2006, 11:50 PM
When you discover that your clap switch does not turn on when you stand up and works very well when seated you will enjoy the game as much as I do, and you won't be rude and stand infront of folks who are actually watching the game. Believe me your *** does not have a thing to do with getting loud and cheering, it works just fine when you make a lap. No shut the hell up about people standing up.

Go home and watch the game goon, you are the reason that LNC doesn't get national recognition. Watch it on TV or listen to Bob Barry Sr., it doesn't make a lick of difference if you are there!:mad:

GottaHavePride
2/3/2006, 01:42 AM
I think LNC should have all benches, with no chairbacks. Those are much easier to stand on than armrests. It also encourages people packing in as close to the court as possible.

Collier11
2/3/2006, 02:44 AM

These type of fans are the reason that OU home games are boring, you dont go to a game to sit on your F'n' hands, you go to be rowdy and cheer and support your team. If you want to sit down then get tickets in the upperdeck or watch at home so someone who gives a **** about the team can put your tickets to good use

Collier11
2/3/2006, 02:46 AM
I think LNC should have all benches, with no chairbacks. Those are much easier to stand on than armrests. It also encourages people packing in as close to the court as possible.

great idea, atleast for the first several rows surrounding the court for the students.

Jay C. Upchurch
2/3/2006, 09:21 AM
I believe that anybody who goes to a game and thinks it's rude for someone to continually stand up in the row in front of them has no business being at the game. That's why you are supposed to be there — to stand up and cheer. Not sit on your arse and clap. That's what they do at tennis matches.

I understand the arguement about senior citizens and the fact they really want to support the team, but can't continually stand up. So maybe there should be one entire section devoted to older folks who, for one reason or another, can't stand up for long periods of time.

You'd have to put an "over 60" age limit on it, however, because too many other OU fans would want to sit in that section.

Sooner04
2/3/2006, 10:06 AM
I love the Sooners...and one year ago I couldn't stomach to watch even a 15 second highlight on NBA basketball...now after experiencing NBA basketball first hand I love the Hornets too...you, as usual, are showing your close-mindedness...but a least if you are close-minded you are close-minded in favor of the Sooners , so you have that going for you...You should go experience the Hornets and find out for yourself...basketball exists outside the confines of the LNC...Hornets and Sooners can and will co-exist so stop being so defensive everytime someone mentions the Hornets...
I'd go watch the Hornets if they'd put Hybl at shooting guard.

william_brasky
2/3/2006, 11:06 AM
I believe that anybody who goes to a game and thinks it's rude for someone to continually stand up in the row in front of them has no business being at the game. That's why you are supposed to be there — to stand up and cheer. Not sit on your arse and clap. That's what they do at tennis matches.

I understand the arguement about senior citizens and the fact they really want to support the team, but can't continually stand up. So maybe there should be one entire section devoted to older folks who, for one reason or another, can't stand up for long periods of time.

You'd have to put an "over 60" age limit on it, however, because too many other OU fans would want to sit in that section.

The place is too comfortable. Spending one's money to stand when there's a perfectly comfortable seat awaiting the hiney is unintelligent.

Again, Lloyd Noble Center is the main culprit.

NormanPride
2/3/2006, 11:33 AM
I dunno, I kind of agree with the sitting person. I can be just as loud sitting as I am standing, and sitting doesn't keep me from clapping or shouting almost the whole time. I just understand that I'm 6'5" and if I stood, two to three rows behind me wouldn't be able to see.

Also, I've always loved the effect of a huge dunk bringing the crowd to its feet. THAT's a huge boost for the team.

OUstud
2/3/2006, 04:59 PM
At least have an excuse if you don't want to stand. Like at the Saxet game, I was told to sit down, and I was mad until the woman behind me said she just had shoulder surgery and couldn't get up and down that well...so I relied on the people in front of me to stand a lot to have an excuse to stand, the strategy I use at most OU games.

I agree what was said earlier about taking out chairbacks, that was one of the first things Bruce Pearl did at Tennessee, taking out the seats from the student section. That or we could just replace all of the seats to one color, and change the styles to one kind, instead of the random maroon, cushioned east side.

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 05:20 PM
The Ford Center's seats are very uncomfortable (even in the Club Seats).

Just sayin...

ucosooner
2/3/2006, 05:36 PM

I'll second that.
It's like at Memorial. There is a bench, with a number, to hold your place at the game. It's not a seat. If they wanted you to sit, it wouldn't be made out of some hard uncomfortable metal, or plastic.
Stadiums and arena's are supposed to be hoppin'. Loud and crazy. Just think, if you stand the whole time, it's a lot easier on your body. Not so much up and down.

Soonerus
2/3/2006, 09:59 PM
I'd go watch the Hornets if they'd put Hybl at shooting guard.

spek.....

BudsBoy
2/3/2006, 11:53 PM
My point is that you can cheer on the team and clap and raise hell all while sitting. At times we all stand for a particular emotional moment during the game, but sit down when that moment is gone. I have been doing it at OU games since Bruce Drake was the coach. So don't tell me about OU games and what I can or can't should or shouldn't do. You have not been around long enough to lecture many of us.

Paperclip
2/4/2006, 12:06 AM
I'm just trying to picture Duke with the same home court advantage if the "Crazies" just sat and cheered.

Scotty
2/4/2006, 04:55 PM
My point is that you can cheer on the team and clap and raise hell all while sitting.

I dont think you quite understand the concept

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/duke/galleries/mbb-20031206/DUKE_ST_JOHN_5-lg.jpg

GottaHavePride
2/4/2006, 05:20 PM
http://www.truthaboutduke.com/photo_realstu_54.jpg

Another good example from Duke.

And as for "bringing a crowd to its feet" - that's what jumping up and down is for. Also - you've got better lung capacity when you're standing so you actually are louder while standing, if you're doing it right.

william_brasky
2/4/2006, 05:49 PM
You need binoculars to see the nearest spectator from the floor at LNC.

Again, LNC sucks for bball. Good for concerts though.

Ardmore_Sooner
2/4/2006, 11:44 PM
My point is that you can cheer on the team and clap and raise hell all while sitting. At times we all stand for a particular emotional moment during the game, but sit down when that moment is gone. I have been doing it at OU games since Bruce Drake was the coach. So don't tell me about OU games and what I can or can't should or shouldn't do. You have not been around long enough to lecture many of us.

I'm 19 and I've been probably more OU sporting events ranging from Women's Volleyball to Football to Softball. I'll stand up at a game whether the people behind me like it or not and you won't stop me!

IronSooner
2/5/2006, 12:23 AM
You need binoculars to see the nearest spectator from the floor at LNC.

Again, LNC sucks for bball. Good for concerts though.

Very true.

I bitched about this for years when I was a student there and nothing changed. I argued with people behind me that they could stand up as easily as I could sit (able-bodied students). Sadly it's not going to change. LNC sucks as a venue, people only care when OU's doing well, and there are just too many lazy people who go and like to sit.

Collier11
2/5/2006, 03:41 AM
typical, budsboy says something stupid and then cant reply, what ever bro...you are the apittamy of whats wrong iwth ou basketball