PDA

View Full Version : Our daughter is reading this...

Okla-homey
2/1/2006, 07:46 PM
and is all fired-up about what it teaches.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. Any of you chickies ever read it?

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9427/97064259em.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Mjcpr
2/1/2006, 07:47 PM
http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/5787/weirddaddy7eo.jpg

jk the sooner fan
2/1/2006, 07:50 PM
why do some women feel that the term "bitch" is a character quality they should wear like a badge of honor.....as if "hey i'm a bitch and really proud of it"....do they think this is endearing to others?

2/1/2006, 07:58 PM
I thought she was already in a sorority.;)

royalfan5
2/1/2006, 08:00 PM
Personally, I'm down with the strong willed, opinionated ladies. But I'm fullblooded German too, I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Okla-homey
2/1/2006, 08:15 PM
I understand the central theme of the book is us guys don't want compliant women who want to please, we're 'sposed to want strong-willed, demanding women who dont give a crap what we say, want or need.

Seems that a d00d who was like that would be kinda masochistic :eek:

Speaking just for me, I just wanted a woman who would love me for who I really was. i gots me one too!

ack. its all psycho-babble anyway.

IronSooner
2/1/2006, 08:25 PM
To some degree I think guys do need girls who put up a little resistance and have to be won over. Guys get lazy and complacent after a while when they sense their girl's already been won for good, then sometimes feel the need to chase again. At least that's how it often seems to me. Helps if the girl's challenging and a little opinionated...after all you have to talk sometimes. Full-on bitch might be a little overdoing it. Unless you're my dad.

ChickSoonerFan
2/1/2006, 08:38 PM
I would never want to be called that. I know women that are proud of it and I don't get it either. Really.

How old is your daughter anyway?

Tailwind
2/1/2006, 08:42 PM
Every woman who is strong-willed or stands up for herself will be refered to as such at some point or another. I can be a bitch when the occasion calls for it. :D

ChickSoonerFan
2/1/2006, 08:59 PM
Every woman who is strong-willed or stands up for herself will be refered to as such at some point or another. I can be a bitch when the occasion calls for it. :D

I can be strong willed and stand up for myself plenty. Does not mean I want to be called that. I don't think doing one automatically makes you the other.

Not a big deal...I just don't like it.

Scott D
2/1/2006, 10:01 PM
So ladies
We ain't just talkin' bout you
Cause some of you fellas
Is bitches too!

:D

That book should just be one sentence that says 'See Dean's Wife for how to act' ;)

BeetDigger
2/1/2006, 10:11 PM
why do some women feel that the term "bitch" is a character quality they should wear like a badge of honor.....as if "hey i'm a bitch and really proud of it"....do they think this is endearing to others?

Pipe down bitch.

:D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/1/2006, 10:13 PM
To some degree I think guys do need girls who put up a little resistance and have to be won over. Guys get lazy and complacent after a while when they sense their girl's already been won for good, then sometimes feel the need to chase again. At least that's how it often seems to me. Helps if the girl's challenging and a little opinionated...after all you have to talk sometimes. Full-on bitch might be a little overdoing it. Unless you're my dad.His new woman seems nice enough. :confused:

I haven't read this book, but I think the premise is not to be a doormat for some guy. There has to be give and take in a good relationship, so the key is not letting the other party walk all over you.

StoopTroup
2/1/2006, 10:14 PM
Was that on Oprah's book club?

Scott D
2/1/2006, 10:16 PM
His new woman seems nice enough. :confused:

I haven't read this book, but I think the premise is not to be a doormat for some guy. There has to be give and take in a good relationship, so the key is not letting the other party walk all over you.

in most relationships give would be a guy giving his money and the woman taking it...actually the guy doesn't even have to be giving it for her to be taking it :mad:

TUSooner
2/1/2006, 10:40 PM
I guess my 17yo has it made!

I JEST!!!

bitch = a**hole; and nobody likes an a**hole

GottaHavePride
2/1/2006, 10:50 PM
I guess my 17yo has it made!

I JEST!!!

bitch = a**hole; and nobody likes an a**hole

there's three types of people in this world: p***ies, d*cks, and a**holes...[/Team America]

jk the sooner fan
2/1/2006, 11:05 PM
Was that on Oprah's book club?

yes but she later found out the author wasnt a bitch nearly as often as claimed.......

Okla-homey
2/1/2006, 11:06 PM

I think you're right. Girls need to be able to stand up to a feller at times. I think the book is probably mostly about not being a doormat.
Anyway, all her friends at school are reading it.

Just my opinion, but I really don't think she needs it anyway. I've seen her put a guy in a full Nelson with just a turn of her head and an angry scowl...me included.;)

soonerscuba
2/1/2006, 11:07 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/soonerscuba/ironmyshirtbitch.jpg

PrideTrombone
2/1/2006, 11:07 PM
I'd rather have a bitch than a completely reliant, indecisive woman who needs my help and validation before choosing a pair of socks in the morning.

Then again, I've been single for a damn long time, so maybe I should be less selective overall. :)

GottaHavePride
2/1/2006, 11:12 PM
I'd rather have a bitch than a completely reliant, indecisive woman who needs my help and validation before choosing a pair of socks in the morning.

Then again, I've been single for a damn long time, so maybe I should be less selective overall. :)

High standards are a bitch. Wait a minute, what was this thread about again?

BeetDigger
2/1/2006, 11:57 PM

Actually you should just go for one with big jumblies and a fun attitude and forget all the rest of that stuff. :mack:

Stoop Dawg
2/2/2006, 12:05 AM
All I know is - BITCH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY! :mad:

homerSimpsonsBrain
2/2/2006, 01:46 AM
<andrewDiceClay>
Lil miss muffet
sat on her tuffet
eating her curds and whey
along came a spider
and sat down beside her
and said "whats in the bowl bitch!!"
</andrewDiceClay>

TUSooner
2/2/2006, 07:10 AM
I think you're right. Girls need to be able to stand up to a feller at times. I think the book is probably mostly about not being a doormat.
Anyway, all her friends at school are reading it.

Just my opinion, but I really don't think she needs it anyway. I've seen her put a guy in a full Nelson with just a turn of her head and an angry scowl...me included.;)
Woid, bruh.

Mjcpr
2/2/2006, 09:46 AM
http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/5787/weirddaddy7eo.jpg

Nothing, huh?

JohnnyMack
2/2/2006, 10:11 AM
Nothing, huh?

Pity giggle.

Mjcpr
2/2/2006, 10:12 AM
Pity giggle.