PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know anything about

CatfishSooner
2/1/2006, 07:18 PM
the freshman catcher Brandon Moss? I heard he is supposed to be good, but I was wondering about his chances of playing early...?

BoomerJack
2/2/2006, 10:11 AM
Here's a quote about the catcher's position from the baseball preview articles posted to soonersports.com a couple weeks ago.

CATCHING
Returning: J. Shackelford and J. Williams
Newcomers: B. Moss

One of several strengths for the Sooners in 2006 because of returning experience is the catching position. Last year, Jackson Williams, then a freshman, started 57 games and is ready to have a breakout season in 2006. A highly recruited high school catcher, Williams receives plenty of praise from Coach Golloway.

“Jackson is truly one of the most talented athletes behind the plate in collegiate baseball,” said Golloway. “He has amazing pure-arm strength, probably the best that I have ever seen or even heard about. He is also solid offensively.”

Backing up Williams behind the plate is freshman Brandon Moss and senior Jon Shackelford. Moss is another talented recruit at the catcher position and is probably too talented to redshirt this season, while Shackelford vastly improved his skills behind the plate in the last year.

“We have two talented guys backing up Jackson, both of which were pleasant surprises offensively in the fall,” added Golloway. “Brandon and Jon have a chance to help this club offensively and provide great depth to the position.”

CatfishSooner
2/2/2006, 07:30 PM
Thanks...looks like we're pretty loaded @ catcher!

BoomerJack
2/3/2006, 11:26 AM
Thanks...looks like we're pretty loaded @ catcher!

Yeah, for this season anyway. Hopefully, the Willilams kid and Moss will stick around for the full four years.

I saw a few OU games on TV last year and was very impressed with Williams' play as a frosh.

RFH Shakes
2/3/2006, 12:46 PM
He's starting today vs Texas St. 1st ab is a single up the middle. good start for him.

trey
2/3/2006, 12:52 PM
anyone know the score

RFH Shakes
2/3/2006, 03:26 PM
7-6 OU wins. McCutchen gets the win and Savage the save.