2/1/2006, 06:35 PM
nice post, martin.

(jackazz)

OU-HSV
2/1/2006, 06:36 PM
I vote this link GHEY!

the_ouskull
2/1/2006, 06:38 PM
First of all, I HIGHLY doubt it... He probably didn't even watch the game. Second, if he DID, it's because he has a vested interest... unlike your average fan, he actually KNOWS the people involved between the two teams... If he knows more people on Tejas than on USC, which it would stand to reason that he does, then it only makes sense...

...but I doubt it, and your link is bogus too. Stop trying to use an iconic figure to help you deal with your own guilt for doing the wrong thing, oumartin.

the_ouskull

snp
2/1/2006, 06:45 PM
Hey skull, check the other thread related to this.

(psssst, you're missing a joke)

Beano's Fourth Chin
2/1/2006, 06:47 PM
First of all, I HIGHLY doubt it... He probably didn't even watch the game. Second, if he DID, it's because he has a vested interest... unlike your average fan, he actually KNOWS the people involved between the two teams... If he knows more people on Tejas than on USC, which it would stand to reason that he does, then it only makes sense...

...but I doubt it, and your link is bogus too. Stop trying to use an iconic figure to help you deal with your own guilt for doing the wrong thing, oumartin.

the_ouskull

http://www.fishing-boating.com/basscoach/rlbclient9.jpg

Hey Martin, you going to mount this one on your wall?

I know a guy that does taxidermy cheap.

sanantoniosooner
2/1/2006, 06:47 PM
interesting.

OU-HSV
2/1/2006, 06:51 PM

the_ouskull
It took me a minute to figure it out too skull

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61492

oumartin
2/1/2006, 07:41 PM
yeah beano i think i need that number.

BillyBall
2/1/2006, 07:44 PM
Thread of the day nominee

Since71ASooner4Life
2/1/2006, 08:32 PM
Why wouldn't Bob Stoops root for the Shorthorns in the Rose Bowl? One could argue that a Texas championship makes it harder to recruit against them, but so do three straight (even with the first tainted) national championships by USC. Was McCoy 100% committed to OU, or would a different outcome in that game have changed his decision? We'll never know, but I'm glad we didn't get a chance to find out. I'd also argue that a Big 12 National Championship is better for OU recruiting than another conference winning, regardless who the Big 12 winner is.

I hope Bob isn't rooting for Texas next year, he's gonna be disappointed :D

Duke o Brewery
2/1/2006, 08:45 PM
On WWLS Traber, Eshbach and Mildren said that every OU coach they spoke to prior to the OB were naturally hoping that Mack Brown and texas would get crushed by USC. Take it for what it's worth, but they do have inside access.

As for myself, I think it's really sad when what used to be a bitter rivalry has devolved into some Sooner fans hoping our nemesis will win titles so that we can ride their coattails and snatch some excess hype.

sanantoniosooner
2/1/2006, 08:51 PM
As for myself, I think it's really sad when what used to be a bitter rivalry has devolved into some Sooner fans hoping our nemesis will win titles so that we can ride their coattails and snatch some excess hype.
yeah......that's why people rooted for UT.

You really should run Dr. Phil out of business.

1991SOONER
2/1/2006, 08:59 PM
cannot WAIT until next October!!!

Since71ASooner4Life
2/1/2006, 09:08 PM
On WWLS Traber, Eshbach and Mildren said that every OU coach they spoke to prior to the OB were naturally hoping that Mack Brown and texas would get crushed by USC. Take it for what it's worth, but they do have inside access.

So had McCoy's decision been different by USC winning that game, by your reasoning a Texas loss would have made that worthwhile? They must have been looking at one on your ancestors when they coined the phrase "cut off one's nose despite their face"

Duke o Brewery
2/1/2006, 09:08 PM
yeah......that's why people rooted for UT.

You really should run Dr. Phil out of business.

Is there a counter-point here?

Duke o Brewery
2/1/2006, 09:10 PM
So had McCoy's decision been different by USC winning that game, by your reasoning a Texas loss would have made that worthwhile? They must have been looking at one on your ancestors when they coined the phrase "cut off one's nose despite their face"

You're basing your argument on recruiting hypotheticals?
I'm basing mine on the state of the OU/TX rivalry.

sanantoniosooner
2/1/2006, 09:10 PM
Is there a counter-point here?
You really believe that people rooted for UT because they wanted to "ride the coat-tails" of the horns?

If so, no counterpoint needed. You wouldn't get it.

Octavian
2/1/2006, 09:13 PM

wow....two hours after ninja told skull it was all a joke...

one hour, 58 minutes after the beano's fisherman picture....

you really shouldn't be allowed to neg anyone else for awhile...

Octavian
2/1/2006, 09:13 PM

You're not basing yours on anything at all....thats the problem.

Duke o Brewery
2/1/2006, 09:14 PM
You really believe that people rooted for UT because they wanted to "ride the coat-tails" of the horns?

SAS, I'd estimate that at least half of the people on these boards who cheered texas in the title game were saying that it was because UT winning the championship "makes us look better". Do you disagree? Thats all I'm sayin'.

sanantoniosooner
2/1/2006, 09:17 PM
SAS, I'd estimate that at least half of the people on these boards who cheered texas in the title game were saying that it was because UT winning the championship "makes us look better". Do you disagree? Thats all I'm sayin'.
I disagree. I read legitimate posts from many people on this board and I don't recall "It makes us look better" being mentioned at all. If it was, it wasn't by enough people to be memorable.

Why don't you respond to what people DID SAY, not what you suspect they really meant deep down in their hearts.

Duke o Brewery
2/1/2006, 09:19 PM
You're not basing yours on anything at all....thats the problem.

Et tu, Octavian? Why did you want the texans to win?

Octavian
2/1/2006, 09:28 PM
Et tu, Octavian? Why did you want the texans to win?

NO ONE HERE wanted to see tejas win a MNC. NO ONE! (resident crackheads excluded)

There were several credible reasons to root against SUC. This was sort of a big argument on this board for a few months....I know you missed it but you could still check some post histories before you go off.

Let me help ya:
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58963

The vote was pretty close, Duke. It wasn't an easy choice and NO ONE wanted either team to do anything except crash on the way to the game.

Since71ASooner4Life
2/1/2006, 09:31 PM

Hey kid, I've been following OU since 10 years before you were born, so you don't need to teach me on Sooner etiquette. I posted an opinion of what could be a reason Bob Stoops and others might want to see a Texas win. A USC loss was more important to me than a Texas loss. You saw it as your duty to attack me with your childish remark. Maybe you should call Bob Stoops and tell him not to shake hands or congratulate any opponents that win a game because it's unSoonerlike.

sanantoniosooner
2/1/2006, 09:32 PM
I know you missed it but you could still check some post histories before you go off.
He didn't miss it. He's already banged that drum.

Duke o Brewery
2/1/2006, 09:35 PM
You saw it as your duty to attack me with your childish remark. Maybe you should call Bob Stoops and tell him not to shake hands or congratulate any opponents that win a game because it's unSoonerlike.

Excuse me?! I saw fit to attack you?

Let's refresh:
"They must have been looking at one on your ancestors when they coined the phrase "cut off one's nose despite their face" - Since71ASooner4Life

Who's attacking who here, pal?

Duke o Brewery
2/1/2006, 09:48 PM
Hey kid, I've been following OU since 10 years before you were born, so you don't need to teach me on Sooner etiquette.

How many of those years were spent wearing the uniform of the Pride of Oklahoma? How many were spent busting your butt at practice every afternoon? How many of those were spent at 6am gameday practice looking up at the banners of the Everest Center or looking down at the turf of the Sooners practice field outside the Switzer center? Or marching down the field at Pregame, belting out the strains of OKLAHOMA? Or literally having to fight in the stands against drunken texas and Ksu fans who were charging into the Pride with fists swinging to celebrate their victory? Or shaking hands with the players, while they tell you how much they needed and appreciated your energy, support, dedication and hard work? How many of those 10 years were spent pouring your heart and soul into something that close to the program?

No SIR, I'm not on here to teach you a single thing about Sooner etiquette, but I damn sure have the right to voice an opinion about what it means to be a Sooner.

sanantoniosooner
2/1/2006, 09:52 PM
How many of those years were spent wearing the uniform of the Pride of Oklahoma? How many were spent busting your butt at practice every afternoon? How many of those were spent at 6am practice looking up at the banners of the Everest Center or looking down at the turf of the Sooners practice field outside the Switzer center? Or literally having to fight in the stands against drunken texas and Ksu fans who were charging into the Pride with fists swinging to celebrate their victory? Or shaking hands with the players, while they tell you how much they needed and appreciated your energy, support, dedication and hard work? How many of those 10 years were spent pouring your heart and soul into something that close to the program?

No SIR, I'm not on here to teach you a single thing about Sooner etiquette, but I damn sure have the right to voice an opinion about what it means to be a Sooner.
I'd say people aren't sooner fans if they didn't do all that.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_balance.gifteehee

Duke o Brewery
2/1/2006, 09:57 PM
Touche' ;)

Sonner magic923
2/1/2006, 10:40 PM
whew its deep in here...deep