PDA

View Full Version : Dear Tuba

Scott D
2/1/2006, 05:16 PM
You have disappointed the board for not posting a thread in regards to Natalie Maines today, and her viewpoint and comments made in a recent interview.

No more political threads for you since you are now slipping in your quest for vengeance and 'justice' ;)

critical_phil
2/1/2006, 05:17 PM
jenny craig endorsement deal?

Scott D
2/1/2006, 05:21 PM
tuba's endorsing jenny craig now?

C&CDean
2/1/2006, 05:25 PM
Natalie Maines couldn't get an interview to save her fat ***.

jk the sooner fan
2/1/2006, 05:30 PM
who is natalie maines?

critical_phil
2/1/2006, 05:32 PM
i guess i'll fill in for tuba.

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1154125_4_0_,00.html

she got an interview all right. she doesn't sound bitter at all.

For me as a person, [The Incident has] completely altered the course I was on. For me to be in country music to begin with was not who I was. I liked Martie and Emily's playing, but I did not grow up liking country music. And I guess I was ignorant to the fact that the stereotypes behind country music were true — and it was disappointing. And so at this stage, I can never... I would be cheating myself and not setting a good example for my children to go back to something that I don't wholeheartedly believe in. So I'm pretty much done. They've shown their true colors. I like lots of country music, but as far as the industry and everything that happened... I couldn't want to be farther away from that. And it's easier when you're financially set, because you can be a little more ballsy, and just do what you want to do. I don't want people to think that me not wanting to be a part of country music is any sort of revenge. It is not. It is totally me being who I am, and not wanting to compromise myself and hate my life. All of my anger... I've pretty much gotten past that. Writing the album was therapy.

and nat, the reason we didn't go off on Jennifer Anniston is because she's HAWT, unTexan, and doesn't reek of trailer park chic.

1stTimeCaller
2/1/2006, 05:42 PM
not.

at.

all.

Mjcpr
2/1/2006, 05:47 PM
who is natalie maines?

One of the Dixie Chicks.....the one Toby Keith hates and a hater of Dubya.

C&CDean
2/1/2006, 05:47 PM
Look at Pat. Taking JK seriously or something. Heh.

Tear Down This Wall
2/1/2006, 05:49 PM
Well, let's see...

She says that she doesn't want to play country music anymore because (a) due to Nashville's reaction to her Bush statement she thinks they are stereotypical rednecks, and (b) she never liked country music anyway. Then, later, she laments Bush's re-election and says she's disappointed because corporations run America.

Excuse me, honey, but how do you think you got rich? It's because you pretended to be a country singer and some corporation that sells CDs put millions of their money out for you and your two friends to record, be advertised, and to travel around the world.

Typical hypocritical bullcrap celebrities put out these days. Corporations that sell and push entertainment make then rich, and all they can do is prattle on about how unfair corporations are. What a bunch of crap.

You look at all the fake country music put out these days and it's no wonder people like the Dixie Chicks made it and were ungrateful about it. At least the real country outlaws, like Waylon Jennings, who bucked the establishment in the 70s were grateful for being given the opportunity to play.

Give me the Lynyrd Skynyd "Workin' For MCA" attitude over these whiners anyday.

Mjcpr
2/1/2006, 05:49 PM

Whaaa??

Why I oughta....

jk the sooner fan
2/1/2006, 07:31 PM

heh, totally ruined my "who are the dixie chicks" response ;)

Okieflyer
2/1/2006, 07:38 PM
Well that's good news for all country fans.

soonerscuba
2/1/2006, 07:40 PM
Am I still allowed to hate the Dixie Chicks because they plain suck ***?

BajaOklahoma
2/1/2006, 08:18 PM
Years ago, before politics fame & fortune, the Dixie Chicks played at a couple of our town Picnics in the Park. They were cute, full of energy, pulled lots of kids up on stage for different songs - generally provided a great evening of entertainment. We looked forward to their Picnic performance.
The good old days.

Scott D
2/1/2006, 09:54 PM
man....I thought Tuba'd be all up in this thread hatin' on a 'merica hatin' hussy...I'm still very disappointed. ;)

BudSooner
2/1/2006, 10:07 PM
I would be cheating myself and not setting a good example for my children

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit, thanks for that mental image.

GottaHavePride
2/1/2006, 10:22 PM

I think... wait, let me check. Yes, I'm being told that is allowable.

Scott D
2/1/2006, 10:29 PM

Why do you try to act like you like America?

BeetDigger
2/2/2006, 12:06 AM
And it's easier when you're financially set, because you can be a little more ballsy, ...

I always kind of suspected she was a guy.

She's probably just ****ed that she wasn't taken seriously for the lead in Brokeback.

Ike
2/2/2006, 12:14 AM
yes, you are (it's a free country and all), but it doesn't 'count' unless you liked them to begin with.

if you hated em from the start, you prolly hate 'merica too.

just sayin.

critical_phil
2/2/2006, 12:16 AM
i think that one dixie chick is kind of hott.

not the fat one or the cross-eyed one, the other one........

soonerscuba
yes, you are (it's a free country and all), but it doesn't 'count' unless you liked them to begin with.

if you hated em from the start, you prolly hate 'merica too.

just sayin.

damn it, I never win.

LoyalFan
IMHO the other 66.666666666666666666% of the Dicksie Chunks look OK.
Miss Maines, on the other hand, looks like a frog staring through a block of ice. And that's on a good day.
G'day,

LF

0U#1FAN
2/2/2006, 12:29 AM
I all was like the cross-eyed one, thought she was HOT HOT hehe

Sooner's for ever

critical_phil
2/2/2006, 12:30 AM
:dolemite:

yermom
2/2/2006, 12:39 AM
IBTT?

LoyalFan
2/2/2006, 12:50 AM
I all was like the cross-eyed one, thought she was HOT HOT hehe

Sooner's for ever

English major, right?

critical_phil
2/2/2006, 12:53 AM
either that or he's from the dolemitican republiC.

GottaHavePride
2/2/2006, 12:56 AM
either that or he's from the dolemitican republiC.

New location for me.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/2/2006, 12:59 AM
I don't think anyone needs a Tublicist to realize Maines doggies aren't all barking!!

olevetonahill
2/2/2006, 01:12 AM
So who or what is this dixie chicks you speak of ?:confused:

critical_phil
2/2/2006, 01:13 AM
So who or what is this dixie chicks you speak of ?:confused:

vet, it's not what you're thinking.............