PDA

View Full Version : So now that recruiting season is over...

SelmaBamaFan
2/1/2006, 04:26 PM
How do you guys like your class? What was heavily targetted? I'd like to hear jkm's opinion as well ;).

As for Bama, we targetted OL really hard, and some say we got the best class in the SEC. We also targetted DB (??) pretty hard, which is a mystery to me since it seemed we have decent depth there. We got a few fillers at WR, QB, LB, and RB, but I dont think we signed a single DT. That has me a bit worried. We did have a pretty good DT/DE class last year, but I am of the opinion that you should get atleast ONE protypical DT each year. I am kinda old school and believe that games are won on the LOS on both sides. I know our DC, Kines, loves to put bulk on smaller kids and move them up in position (CB to S, S to LB, LB to DE, and DE to DT, etc) to increase overall team speed. I can only guess that is what the plan is.

We did get Andre Smith, who I thought was more important to this year's class than Tim Tebow considering our needs. We also bounced back after losing Tebow by snatching a late bloomer away from Texas Tech (McElroy).

Overall, I'll give Bama's class an A-, due ONLY to the fact that it was sooooo close to being an outstanding class. We had a ton of guys looking our way, but ended up choosing another school instead.

I havent even glanced at your recruiting class, as I was all wrapped up in Bama's. I would assume that you guys went for OL and DB as well just from looking at how your season went? How would you grade your recruiting class based on overall talent and (most of all) the filling of needs?

Oh, and jkm... did yall get any of those tweeners you want so badly? :D

ultimatesooner1
2/1/2006, 04:36 PM
7 o lineman = good for depth
juco qb to backup bomar = good
3 rbs = good
top dt in the nation = good
various other recruits = good

now we just have to get them all here and keep them here for 3-5 years

SelmaBamaFan
2/1/2006, 04:38 PM
Where there any that you missed that you really wanted ultimatesooner?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/1/2006, 04:53 PM
I wanted Rolle real bad but I'm real satisfied with how things work out.

Scott D
2/1/2006, 05:06 PM
Myron Rolle may have really been the only one, but we've known for months he wasn't coming here. In the end, we broke even by 'stealing' Brandon Walker from Bowden.

sooneron
2/1/2006, 05:23 PM
How do you guys like your class? What was heavily targetted? I'd like to hear jkm's opinion as well ;).

As for Bama, we targetted OL really hard, and some say we got the best class in the SEC.

:D
I'm assuming you mean the best OL class in the sec. Cuz UFla is schooling everyone out there. UGa isn't doing too bad, either.

SelmaBamaFan
2/1/2006, 05:56 PM
Yeah, best OL and DB class in the SEC, prolly highly ranked nationally too.

We were pretty 'average' in other areas, but I like what we got =)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/1/2006, 09:21 PM
honestly, i think we did pretty good. we went heavy after our needs and then we went out and found some diamonds that have some unreal highlight tapes (tabon, beal, crow).

sooneron
2/2/2006, 08:58 AM
honestly, i think we did pretty good. we went heavy after our needs and then we went out and found some diamonds that have some unreal highlight tapes (tabon, beal, crow).
Concurment here. I like the future..

http://duchovny.net/morephotos/conan01/cona011.jpg

oumartin
2/2/2006, 09:59 AM
crow had something like 650 tackles while in high school

NickZeppelin
2/2/2006, 10:13 AM
We filled needs. Probably didn't get as good players as we have as far as stars go. But those stars didn't do a thing for us last year.

MojoRisen
2/2/2006, 10:25 AM
Tennel, Gresham, Mccoy, Brown, Murray are super stars... Come on Not to mention several others who have star potential.

NormanPride
2/2/2006, 11:10 AM
I really like the fact that we got so many Oklahoma kids. We needed a good class like this to get the HS coaches back.

The Consumate Showman
2/2/2006, 01:36 PM
Does FSU really have that awesome of a MD program for Myron Rolle, or did Bobb-o pay him off???

The Consumate Showman
2/2/2006, 01:38 PM
I think the intersting story to follow might be the Goodson kid at aTm...... af riend of mine said he heard Goodson, some friends and his daddy were at oSwho and were asking for the ca$h baby........Maybe Franny will go ahead and bring down the 12th biatch down there..........

Desert Sapper
2/2/2006, 01:53 PM
Does FSU really have that awesome of a MD program for Myron Rolle, or did Bobb-o pay him off???

http://med.fsu.edu/

It is one of the newest Medical Colleges in the country. That may be what peaked his interest. He seems genuinely interested in pursuing a degree. Only time will tell where his priorites are, but I would be surprised to see him jump to the league in 3, even if he does turn out to be a special football talent.

The Consumate Showman
2/2/2006, 04:10 PM
http://med.fsu.edu/

It is one of the newest Medical Colleges in the country. That may be what peaked his interest. He seems genuinely interested in pursuing a degree. Only time will tell where his priorites are, but I would be surprised to see him jump to the league in 3, even if he does turn out to be a special football talent.

I guess it's not everyday that we lose a recruit due to the differences in our medical schools! GEEZ! He seems to be a real smart kid. I still would bet with you Sapper that he goes pro in 3 and MAYBE finishes his degree after about 10 seasons............:D