OklahomaTuba
2/1/2006, 11:49 AM
w00T!

OUthunder
2/1/2006, 11:50 AM
SWEEEEET!

Sooner in Tampa
2/1/2006, 11:51 AM
Very nice...it is a great day to be a Sooner.

boomersooner28
2/1/2006, 11:51 AM
WOOOO F'ING HOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Thank You Lord!

BOOOOOMER SOOOONER!!!!!!

Boomer.....
2/1/2006, 11:52 AM
He's finally OUrs! Gotta love him throwing up the down longhorn hand gesture. :D

#1 SOONER FAN
2/1/2006, 11:52 AM
GREAT DAY TO BE A SOONER, CAN'T WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR. GOT EVERYONE WE WANTED DIDN'T WE.

SoonerAcesUp
2/1/2006, 11:55 AM
Whew! I was gettin' a little worried. Sitting here at my computer hitting refresh every minute to hear the latest news. Great day in Sooner Land!

Crimson Kid
2/1/2006, 11:55 AM
Sweet!!

Our D is going to be awsome.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/1/2006, 11:57 AM
Man are we going to be tough to run the ball on or what!

SoonerObsession
2/1/2006, 12:00 PM
Thank you Jesus!

crawfish
2/1/2006, 12:01 PM
It's like Christmas morning. :)

Soonerus
2/1/2006, 12:03 PM
impact player from day one - AWESOME !!!!!

william_brasky
2/1/2006, 12:04 PM
out-f'ing-standing!!!!!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/1/2006, 12:05 PM
Thank you Jesus!:P No surprise, there, since He announced for the Sooners back in the year 33AD.

oumartin
2/1/2006, 12:06 PM
Gresham and McCoy have known where each other was going for two weeks. I'm guessing Stoops did too.

jdsooner
2/1/2006, 12:07 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

That is a trifecta for us: McCoy, Gresham, and Walker.

SouthFortySooner
2/1/2006, 12:10 PM
Oh Yeah! After seeing him in the All-Star game my excitment was peaked!

RiddlerOK
2/1/2006, 12:11 PM
Gotta love it. Looks like we should be able to rotate our DT's with success next year. :)

bigdsooner
2/1/2006, 12:24 PM
AWESOME!!!

Soonermagik
2/1/2006, 12:43 PM
Our D is going to be scary next year!!!!

Herr Scholz
2/1/2006, 12:52 PM
Congrats. He's a great player. OU has two studs at DT going forward. UT's and OU's continued recruiting efforts will keep our game in the national forefront for years to come. That's how I like it.

Blitzkrieg
2/1/2006, 12:55 PM
Congrats. He's a great player. OU has two studs at DT going forward. UT's and OU's continued recruiting efforts will keep our game in the national forefront for years to come. That's how I like it.

You like it 1 outta 6 don't you?

bigdsooner
2/1/2006, 12:55 PM

:D

Herr Scholz
2/1/2006, 12:59 PM
We have a nice little top 5 class of our own if you haven't noticed. We'll be fine. The last class we had rated this high in 2002 just won us a crystal football.

CatfishSooner
2/1/2006, 01:15 PM
...i wish it was Tuesday.

Big Red Ron
2/1/2006, 01:17 PM
We have a nice little top 5 class of our own if you haven't noticed. We'll be fine. The last class we had rated this high in 2002 just won us a crystal football.But the offense just left for the pro's. That mean Sneed will be Vince like in three years and maybe you'll get another shot?:mack:

Herr Scholz
2/1/2006, 01:22 PM
But the offense just left for the pro's. That mean Sneed will be Vince like in three years and maybe you'll get another shot?:mack:
I think we'll score a little bit with the following skill players back: Jamaal Charles, Ramonce Taylor, Selvin Young, Henry Melton, Billy Pittman, Limas Sweed, Nate Jones, Quan Cosby, Neal Tweedie, etc. (all of whome scored this season) Throw in Jermichael Finley and Jordan Shipley for good measure.

Will our offense change? Yes. Will our QB still be spreading the ball around to an abundance of talent? Yes.

OUinFLA
2/1/2006, 01:28 PM
Will our QB still be spreading the ball around to an abundance of talent? .

You mean like Fumbles McScramble did for a couple of years?
Sreading it around to a few defensive players as well?

william_brasky
2/1/2006, 01:30 PM
Jermichael?

Any relation to Joe John?

badger
2/1/2006, 01:32 PM
zing!

this board wouldn't be the same without resident whorns.

this is the announcement I've been waiting for since that h.s. all-star game when mccoy would beat his defender everytime. taking him away from usc makes it even better.

boomer!

Herr Scholz
2/1/2006, 01:46 PM
You mean like Fumbles McScramble did for a couple of years?
Sreading it around to a few defensive players as well?
I haven't heard the consensus All American, National Champion, two time Rose Bowl MVP, Maxwell winning, O'brien winning, first ever college QB to throw for 3K yards and run for 1K yards in a season, top 5 NFL draft pick called F.M. in a while. Thanks for the laugh. :D How did he do last October BTW?

Anyway, congrats on picking up McCoy.

Herr Scholz
2/1/2006, 01:46 PM
Jermichael?

Any relation to Joe John?
No, Jermichael's the one who verballed to Arizona last year and then we took him away from Mike Stoops.

NormanPride
2/1/2006, 01:47 PM
http://davidmixrealtor.com/files/426856/mccoy1.jpg

Big Red Ron
2/1/2006, 01:48 PM
I think we'll score a little bit with the following skill players back: Jamaal Charles, Ramonce Taylor, Selvin Young, Henry Melton, Billy Pittman, Limas Sweed, Nate Jones, Quan Cosby, Neal Tweedie, etc. (all of whome scored this season) Throw in Jermichael Finley and Jordan Shipley for good measure.

Will our offense change? Yes. Will our QB still be spreading the ball around to an abundance of talent? Yes.Ya know, that group isn't even the most talented group UT has had in the last five years. We'll see how "talented" they are when the don't have a guy that saves every broken play with a long run.

Their effectiveness was very much related to VY's ability to tuck and run it all the way, every play. Defenses won't have to keep a spy anymore.

NormanPride
I haven't heard the consensus All American, National Champion, two time Rose Bowl MVP, Maxwell winning, O'brien winning, first ever college QB to throw for 3K yards and run for 1K yards in a season, top 5 NFL draft pick called F.M. in a while. Thanks for the laugh. :D How did he do last October BTW?

Anyway, congrats on picking up McCoy.

He fumbled a couple times... scrambled a bit... ;)

Herr Scholz
I see he chose the University of I Hate Texas. ;)

BillyBall
2/1/2006, 01:52 PM
Jermichael

We as humans have got to be close to running out of names...........

Big Red Ron
2/1/2006, 01:57 PM
How did he do last October BTW?He had three fumbles in the first half actually. If we had a healthy AD and an experienced QB we would have been up by 14-21 points early but he did win the game.

Herr Scholz
2/1/2006, 02:11 PM
He had three fumbles in the first half actually. If we had a healthy AD and an experienced QB we would have been up by 14-21 points early but he did win the game.
Funny that you would paint a 300 yard, 3 TD performance in a 45-12 win that way.

BTW, Vince didn't turn the ball over. He fumbled once (we got it back) and he threw one pick (the refs got it back for us ;) ).

william_brasky
2/1/2006, 02:17 PM
I'll say this again, Ronnie Lott is stupid. :les:

BillyBall
2/1/2006, 02:20 PM
This sucks.... Can we please keep all of the whorn bull**** out of this thread?

stoopified
2/1/2006, 02:21 PM
Gresham and McCoy have known where each other was going for two weeks. I'm guessing Stoops did too.So true brother.

Herr Scholz
2/1/2006, 02:23 PM
This sucks.... Can we please keep all of the whorn bull**** out of this thread?
Sorry, didn't mean to highjack the thread. I'm just inately good at it. ;) Congrats on McCoy and a good class again.

BlackwellSooner
2/1/2006, 02:34 PM
Funny that you would paint a 300 yard, 3 TD performance in a 45-12 win that way.

BTW, Vince didn't turn the ball over. He fumbled once (we got it back) and he threw one pick (the refs got it back for us ;) ).

Herr Scholz, you seem like a relatively nice guy for a Horn, not over here to flame, so I will answer in kind:

First of all, props to Texas for a great year (and YES, without VY, you would have had a GOOD YEAR, maybe even a VERY good year, but you would NOT have a crystal football!) No doubt in my mind, VY was a difference-maker in 2005, just as I see AD being a difference-maker in 2006.

Having said all that, even with VY, the Horns were the beneficiary of mucho luck last year. Not flaming, just stating fact, any champion HAS to have some luck to go along with everything else.

The luck to which I refer is this: all year long, (and especially in the Rose Bowl), Texas fumbled the ball. I don't have statistics, but just from my recollection, it seemed that every time that the ball came loose (offensively, for Texas), it either magically bounced under a Horn player or the opposition successfully fought themselves away from the ball until a Texas player could recover it.

You probably know where to go to find the stats, but I would be surprised if the Horns did not have an abnormally high "fumbles recovered" stat....

Like I said, ya gotta be lucky sometimes.....

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/1/2006, 02:37 PM
http://davidmixrealtor.com/files/426856/mccoy1.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'll have to use that one on an OU-Tex DVD in couple years. Great!

CtheB
2/1/2006, 02:40 PM

Will our offense change? Yes. Will our QB still be spreading the ball around to an abundance of talent? Yes.

We thought the same thing when White left.

Collier11
2/1/2006, 02:56 PM

Actually if you remember, the game should have only been 17-6 at the half and if we would have had the real AD we probably should have been winning, but thats all shoulda woulda coulda and you won fair and square, I just wanted to point that out...;)

Big Red Ron
2/1/2006, 02:56 PM
We thought the same thing when White left.Then we realized how often Jason saved Chuck Long's ***. I think ut will be in the same boat with their OC.

Collier11
2/1/2006, 03:00 PM
Possible Starting Defense in 06'....Keep them away from me, im already scared!
Birdine, Thibedeaux, Ah You...DE
Pendleton, Granger, McCoy, Bennett...DT
Latimer, Rufus, Reynolds, Lofton...LB
Wolfe, Walker, Jackson, Smith, Baker, Williams, Harris...DB

Could be one of the best at OU...IF they continue to progress

Herr Scholz
2/1/2006, 03:27 PM
Herr Scholz, you seem like a relatively nice guy for a Horn, not over here to flame, so I will answer in kind:

First of all, props to Texas for a great year (and YES, without VY, you would have had a GOOD YEAR, maybe even a VERY good year, but you would NOT have a crystal football!) No doubt in my mind, VY was a difference-maker in 2005, just as I see AD being a difference-maker in 2006.

Having said all that, even with VY, the Horns were the beneficiary of mucho luck last year. Not flaming, just stating fact, any champion HAS to have some luck to go along with everything else.

The luck to which I refer is this: all year long, (and especially in the Rose Bowl), Texas fumbled the ball. I don't have statistics, but just from my recollection, it seemed that every time that the ball came loose (offensively, for Texas), it either magically bounced under a Horn player or the opposition successfully fought themselves away from the ball until a Texas player could recover it.

You probably know where to go to find the stats, but I would be surprised if the Horns did not have an abnormally high "fumbles recovered" stat....

Like I said, ya gotta be lucky sometimes.....
I agree with all of that. We needed some luck to win, we wouldn't have won without VY and we recovered most of our fumbles.

Herr Scholz
2/1/2006, 03:29 PM
We thought the same thing when White left.
I would submit your main problem wasn't a newbie QB but rather injuries and a porous OL. I like our OL situation going into this year more than yours going into last year. You were just depleted there.

Herr Scholz
2/1/2006, 03:30 PM

That'll be a tough D for sure.

GDC
2/1/2006, 03:57 PM
Damn herr, you seriously need to get a life, or at least find a texass message board. WTF could you possibly have to add in a thread about McCoy and OU? Jesus h christ, since you suck up so much bandwidth why don't you at least sponsor like ATX does?

sooneron
2/1/2006, 03:58 PM

You left out J Williams. If he returns to form, he will be solid in the rotation at DE.

Herr Scholz
2/1/2006, 04:42 PM
Damn herr, you seriously need to get a life, or at least find a texass message board. WTF could you possibly have to add in a thread about McCoy and OU? Jesus h christ, since you suck up so much bandwidth why don't you at least sponsor like ATX does?
And you need to get a life and quit stalking/worrying about me.

I have friends over here and wanted to say congrats on the McCoy pickup (like I wanted to say congrats on the basketball game from last Saturday). You see, I like Sooners and respect the rivalry. Don't know why you feel the need to crap on every thread a Longhorn posts in.

GDC
2/1/2006, 04:45 PM
Don't know why you feel the need to crap on every thread a Longhorn posts in.

I don't crap on the ones whorns post in on their own freaking boards, retard.

BillyBall
2/1/2006, 04:52 PM
The problem is that even when Herr makes a complimentary post, it turns threads into the standard "5 out of the last 6" rhetoric.

Herr, you are in a no win situation.

Jay C. Upchurch
2/1/2006, 05:00 PM
Why, if a guy who happens to be a fan of an OU rival, comes onto this board and posts a legitimate note or thought, does he get kicked around for no apparent reason?

Please show some respect. This isn't "No Longhorn Tuesday," so at least try to be civil.

sooneron
2/1/2006, 05:03 PM
I'm sure that Herr would admit that UTerus was an acl or high ankle sprain away from mediocrity this year.

Collier11
2/1/2006, 05:07 PM
You left out J Williams. If he returns to form, he will be solid in the rotation at DE.

good call, hopefully he can get back

Phil
2/1/2006, 05:08 PM
I don't crap on the ones whorns post in on their own freaking boards, retard.

5 days, no parole.

Collier11
2/1/2006, 05:08 PM
Why, if a guy who happens to be a fan of an OU rival, comes onto this board and posts a legitimate note or thought, does he get kicked around for no apparent reason?

Please show some respect. This isn't "No Longhorn Tuesday," so at least try to be civil.

THankyou, why be a ****-head just for the case of being a ****-head

MiccoMacey
2/1/2006, 05:17 PM
I think we'll score a little bit with the following skill players back: Jamaal Charles, Ramonce Taylor, Selvin Young, Henry Melton, Billy Pittman, Limas Sweed, Nate Jones, Quan Cosby, Neal Tweedie, etc. (all of whome scored this season) Throw in Jermichael Finley and Jordan Shipley for good measure...

I'm usually pretty unbiased about Longhorn talent, so I'll continue trying to keep my crimson colored glasses out of this, but...

Your QB will be a redshirt freshman who isn't all that good and who has zero experience. Colt McCoy is not a legitimate top ten DI QB.

You could have the Dallas Cowboys for the rest of your roster and your QB will still be the main reason you lose at least two games next year.

Longhorn next year: 10-2 at best before a bowl game.

MiccoMacey
2/1/2006, 05:19 PM
Oh, and BTW...Yea for us getting McCoy!!

colleyvillesooner
2/1/2006, 05:25 PM
Finally, and I'm not talking about McCoy.

TexasLidig8r
2/1/2006, 05:25 PM
I'm sure that Herr would admit that UTerus was an acl or high ankle sprain away from mediocrity this year.

Mediocrity? Do you define 6 - 7 wins as mediocre? That is pretty reasonable isn't it?

8 - 9 wins as good.

10 -11 wins as very good.

12+ Probably champion.

Texas hasn't been mediocre under Mack.. well.. at all.

sooneron
2/1/2006, 05:31 PM
Mediocrity? Do you define 6 - 7 wins as mediocre? That is pretty reasonable isn't it?

8 - 9 wins as good.

10 -11 wins as very good.

12+ Probably champion.

Texas hasn't been mediocre under Mack.. well.. at all.
I consider 8-9 being mediocre for a major program.
We had a mediocre year.

Herr Scholz
2/1/2006, 05:57 PM
Your QB will be a redshirt freshman who isn't all that good and who has zero experience. Colt McCoy is not a legitimate top ten DI QB.
I could definitely see us losing 2-3 next season, but I think you'll be surprised about McCoy's game (just going on what I've heard - haven't seen him myself yet). However, I will say that he was going against our D in practice all season running the scout team. He also led our 2nd team offense in practice a lot. He's had a year of practice as well as training. Our players and coaches say he's smart and can make all the throws and is more athletic than you would think. Snead's going to be the more physical of the two but we'll see how it plays out this spring and summer.

colleyvillesooner
2/1/2006, 06:04 PM
I could definitely see us losing 2-3 next season, but I think you'll be surprised about McCoy's game (just going on what I've heard - haven't seen him myself yet). However, I will say that he was going against our D in practice all season running the scout team. He also led our 2nd team offense in practice a lot. He's had a year of practice as well as training. Our players and coaches say he's smart and can make all the throws and is more athletic than you would think. Snead's going to be the more physical of the two but we'll see how it plays out this spring and summer.

True, but they really have know idea of what will happen to him in a real game. Once the defenses are flying at him and actually start hitting the **** out of him, things could change.

MiccoMacey
2/1/2006, 06:52 PM
Snead's going to be the more physical of the two but we'll see how it plays out this spring and summer.

I agree. I can see why people are optimistic about their recruits (heck this thread is about one of ours). But I'm never ready to say player X, who has no college level game experience, is ready to step in and lead a team to greatness.

Bomar's a great example for us. We got out of Bomar what I thought we'd get out of him. We just didn't get enough out of some others to cover up his weaknesses early on.

This rule, of course, does not apply to Ramonce Taylor. Ramonce was ready to win Division I college football games single handedly as a junior in high school.

Man, I wish we had gotten him. :sad:

Oh, and BTW, 2000 posts beyonces!!!! :D

47straight
2/1/2006, 07:19 PM

Herr, it's going to be (like it was this year) all about your OL. Gold Toof Taylor and Quan Longball Cosby are not what its about. That was the difference this year.

AzianSooner
2/1/2006, 07:19 PM
We get McCoy great. We celebrate this. But why the hell are those texass players names appearing here?

Tuck Fexas.

tulsaoilerfan
2/1/2006, 07:24 PM
Who is this McCoy dude you guys speak so highly of? I thought Matt McCoy was already done at OU? :D

SanDiegoSoonerGal
2/1/2006, 07:28 PM
We get McCoy great. We celebrate this. But why the hell are those texass players names appearing here?

Tuck Fexas.

http://members.cox.net/dogmatix/Thread%20Hijacked.JPG

wishbonesooner
2/1/2006, 07:44 PM
Is anybody but me a little worried about all the stuff that went on at his signing? I'd prefer he was a little less about getting all the attention. Probably a good kid, I just prefer a little humility to go along with talent.

BillyBall
2/1/2006, 07:48 PM
Is anybody but me a little worried about all the stuff that went on at his signing? I'd prefer he was a little less about getting all the attention. Probably a good kid, I just prefer a little humility to go along with talent.

Not worried a bit. He was having fun with what has probably been an extremely stressful year.

On a side note, he is going to leave children fatherless across Texas for the next 3-4.

GottaHavePride
2/1/2006, 10:34 PM

Wait, wouldn't we get a penalty or three for playing 18 guys on defense?

And I think McCoy was just unwinding after the stress of being recruited. He seems like a solid kid from what I've read and heard. I can't imagine the pressure of having dozens of schools calling you every day, coaches camping out at your school for weeks...

proud gonzo
2/1/2006, 10:45 PM

sometimes this looks like a texas message board since that's your favorite conversation topic. :O

OUinFLA
2/2/2006, 07:31 AM
...he was going against our D in practice all season running the scout team. He also led our 2nd team offense in practice a lot. He's had a year of practice as well as training. Our players and coaches say he's smart and can make all the throws and is more athletic than you would think. Snead's going to be the more physical of the two but we'll see how it plays out this spring and summer.

wow, last year we were saying about the same thing regarding P Thompson.