PDA

View Full Version : 2006 defense...

goingoneight
1/31/2006, 11:27 PM
So I read, It looks like OUr 2006 D could be 'tha bomb', or 'A bomb.' We already saw this season what inexperience does on the offensive side of the ball, and other than Rufus Alexander, no other names really stick out at me as far as stopping the rush next year. Help me Sooner fans!!! I'm falling way behind on my D-info!!!

2006 offense looking better with every update, though... I still see some weakness along the OL. Those guys are really gonna have to bulk up or something, last few games I watched, they looked like little kids blocking a freight train... Even Aggie-orange got to our QB a few times. And didn't they have perhaps the worst rush-D in the conference, country???

OUGreg723
1/31/2006, 11:40 PM
We are gonna have the best D-line in College Football(my opinion), great LB's, hopefully a good secondary too. We are going to be strong to very strong defensivley. Don't worry about it!

Desert Sapper
1/31/2006, 11:43 PM
We lose DD, Eric Bassey, and Clint Ingram. We get Larry Birdine, CJ Ah You, Carl Pendleton, and Calvin Thibodeaux (maybe) back. If a few underclassmen step up, this will be the strength of the defense (which is saying a lot if you look at our LBs). We get Ruuuufus and Zach Lattimer (Middle Backer) back. I'm going to bet Ryan Reynolds steps up and takes Ingram's old spot. We get Reggie Smith, Darien Williams, DJ Wolfe, and Marcus Walker back in the secondary. If Walker is 100%, it could be our best secondary since 2003.

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/31/2006, 11:44 PM
The D should be pretty salty this upcoming season. Supposedly Bobby Jack is somewhat pleased with OUr secondary, and the D line will be something to be proud of IMO. True, losing Dusty doesn't help, but Demarcus Granger being healthy and Gerald McCoy will be an unstoppable duo. However these kids are just that "kids" so expecting them to play like 5th year seniors might be a little too much to ask. LB's will be the best in the nation this upcoming season I think.

Egeo
1/31/2006, 11:59 PM
de is great with birdine and ah you with good depth too
dt... well, with the athletes we have recruited, we should be ok
lb's, we return 2 of 3 starters and id like to see us play more nickel anyway

so our front 6/7 will be excellent easily as good as this past year and very possibly better
getting birdine back is like replacing one great dl with another

now for the secondary
if walker is healthy, him and wolfe will be a good pair of corners
depth is a concern here though

for safeties, reggie smith will be a solid starter but im not sure who will play the other spot
personally, i like jason carter better than darien williams - but im not the coach (nic harris will be in teh mix too)
and id like to see lewis baker play a nickel type roy williams style close to the LoS

anyway, with health this defense will be very good

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/1/2006, 12:01 AM
Bobby Jack said Brian Jackson was just about as good as any they have ever had at corner, so maybe he will be ready to play.