PDA

View Full Version : Assuming we get both Gresham and McCoy. Where will OU be ranked...

Big Red Ron
1/31/2006, 09:57 PM
this season in recruiting nationally?

Okieflyer
1/31/2006, 09:58 PM
Pretty high I'll bet!

Rhino
1/31/2006, 10:00 PM
8, 9.

Big Red Ron
1/31/2006, 10:04 PM
8, 9.Heck of a year for an 8-5 team, wouldn't you say?

Sooner_Bob
1/31/2006, 10:05 PM
8-4 :D

Desert Sapper
1/31/2006, 10:30 PM
I'd say we take home the crystal football...oh, you mean the bogus recruiting rankings...I'd say 8 on rivals, 5 on scout. Rivals dropped Murray to a 4-star after his 'lackluster performance' this season. Heh.

MojoRisen
2/1/2006, 09:56 AM
To me just if all things stayed equal- looks like 5 - we shall see!

sooneron
2/1/2006, 09:57 AM
7,8th

47straight
2/1/2006, 10:19 AM
I'd say we take home the crystal football...oh, you mean the bogus recruiting rankings...I'd say 8 on rivals, 5 on scout. Rivals dropped Murray to a 4-star after his 'lackluster performance' this season. Heh.

I wonder if they will drop McCoy's 5-star rating just for signing with us.

starclassic tama
2/1/2006, 02:53 PM
8-4 :D

9-3 :)

Scott D
2/1/2006, 04:37 PM
Anywhere from 8th to 10th in recruiting...if you mean pre-season polls we'll be top 10, even if it's not that deserving.

Big John
2/1/2006, 05:41 PM
Rivals Rankings:
1 Florida
2 Southern Cal
3 Florida State
4 Georgia
5 Texas
6 Penn State
7 LSU
8 Notre Dame
9 Oklahoma
10 Auburn

BillyBall
2/1/2006, 05:43 PM
OU would be 3-4 spots higher if Murray hadn't been reevaluated after his TERRIBLE 2 touches at the AA game....:rolleyes:

RacerX
2/1/2006, 05:44 PM
220, 221

Scott D
2/1/2006, 09:43 PM
OU would be 3-4 spots higher if Murray hadn't been reevaluated after his TERRIBLE 2 touches at the AA game....:rolleyes:

nah, that's more a reflection of the lower rankings for everyone outside of Murray, McCoy, Gresham, and Tennell

Desert Sapper
2/1/2006, 10:59 PM
Recruiting rankings are BS. I agree with McCoy's position as Rivals' #1 DT, especially after the way he owned the Army AA game. I agree with ESPN's ranking of DeMarco Murray as the #1 RB in the country after watching his film (can anybody say Reggie Bush?). I don't know yet what to think about Gresham. He has the potential, and with the right work ethic, could be very good. Adron Tennell looks big, fast, and has good hands. I like the size in the OL that we recruited. We got a longsnapper in Eric Mensik, and that's good. We should have more depth at QB for next year, and that's great. Chris Patterson, if he qualifies, could start right away. Overall, I think we pulled off an excellent class, and got the two guys that we needed most (Murray and McCoy). I rate us as 5th. We had a better class than Notre Dame, Penn State, LSU, and Texas. Georgia's scores of Reshad Jones and Matt Stafford were big, so I leave them above us. Myron Rolle will be big for FSU. Florida and USC have hands down the best classes. That isn't surprising.

Scott D
2/1/2006, 11:13 PM
The flaw in ranking recruiting classes was pointed out by someone at Scout.com today no less.

1. You can't really evaluate the 2006 signing class until December of 2008 at the earliest, personally I'd throw another season in first making it Dec. of 2009.

2. In some player cases is a high ranking indicative of them being a big fish in a small pond in high school, conversely is a low * rating related to them appearing to be a medium sized fish in a big pond?

3. Do you then rank schools in terms of how they recruited on 'who they recruited' or on the terms of 'did they do a good job of filling the needs of their roster'?

going back to the 3rd point, is the 'who' based upon part 1 or part 2 of the second point when they get rated?

and is the whole recruiting thing shady when Tom Lemming tends to give everyone that signed with USC or ND a 4 or 5 star rating? ;)

BASSooner
2/1/2006, 11:35 PM
interesting how a team can move up or down in the rankings by ONE player who performed horribly or really good:rolleyes: in a week of practice or in just one game

Desert Sapper
2/2/2006, 01:36 PM
interesting how a team can move up or down in the rankings by ONE player who performed horribly or really good:rolleyes: in a week of practice or in just one game

Even more interesting is that a player can be lauded for an entire week of practice (Murray), then not get enough touches to do anything in the game, because the coach wants to showcase Mullet-headed saxet recruit QB (Snead), and said player (Murray) drops a star in the rankings. hmmm.

I still agree that McCoy's performance warranted the upgrade, but why would Murray drop a star if he stayed in the same position (#2 APB)?

MojoRisen
2/2/2006, 01:48 PM
"Murray" They didn't give him the ball- I just watched his film along with Gresham, Tennell and Chris Brown. You can't say he played bad since they didn't give him a chance...

Those guys are damn good- super stars in my book.. Gresham can take it to the house anytime he touches it- let alone possesion etc etc- no linebackers will be able to match up with 6-7 250 pound reciever/tight end with 4.6 spead and a vertical.

Murray is slippery and has a 10 yard burst that is absolutely Sick- even if he strides out at a 4.48- his 10 yard burst is sick...

Brown: is a Little guy- but very quick and he packs a punch... and can take it to the house... Shifty and runs a legit 4.4-

Tennell: is Fast, Big and has a 37 inch Vertical leap... he has great hands and will be awesome... I am thinking Corner routes in the Endzone with Kelly Hudgins and Tennell- who do you guard- they are all 6-5 and Gresham 6-7..

Bomar should win the hiesman in a couple of years.

Any how that is my two cents...