PDA

View Full Version : Sheehan arrested at State of Union

royalfan5
1/31/2006, 09:08 PM
They just announced that on ABC. She had a seat but tried to sneak in something and was arrested.

GDC
1/31/2006, 09:13 PM
That's what's going to happen to me when I show up at one of the Dallas lunches.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/31/2006, 09:15 PM
That Rocks haha

Jimminy Crimson
1/31/2006, 09:20 PM
HELL YEAH. F SHEEHAN! :D

Too bad they didn't use lethal force on her.

soonerscuba
1/31/2006, 09:26 PM
I hate that woman more with each passing day.

Sooner_Bob
1/31/2006, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm watchin' Overhaulin' . . . :D

OUthunder
1/31/2006, 09:29 PM
SHE'S A TOOL!

Penguin
1/31/2006, 09:33 PM
Who cares? I'm watching Seconds from Disaster, i.e., the State of the Union address! <rimshot> HIYO!!!!

OU-HSV
1/31/2006, 09:34 PM
SHE'S A TOOL!
SHE'S A FOOL!

LoyalFan
1/31/2006, 09:39 PM
Hang the beyotch!
Better yet, 'cause you get a discount for groups, hang Pelosi, Boxer, Waters, Feinstein, Clinton (H.), Jeanine GaBuffalo, Fonda, etc, with her.

LF

Rhino
1/31/2006, 09:50 PM
Pretty stupid, but is it that big of a surprise? You knew she was going to do something.

That's why the Bush administration invited her. They knew she'd get herself thrown out / arrested, making her look even more crazy. Brilliant move on their part.

Okieflyer
1/31/2006, 09:53 PM
SHE'S A FOOL!
Yes!

SCOUT
1/31/2006, 09:55 PM
Pretty stupid, but is it that big of a surprise? You knew she was going to do something.

That's why the Bush administration invited her. They knew she'd get herself thrown out / arrested, making her look even more crazy. Brilliant move on their part.

She was the guest of Lynn Woolsey.

Rhino
1/31/2006, 09:59 PM
She was the guest of Lynn Woolsey. My bad, I thought the breaking news I saw earlier said she was invited by President Bush.

Brilliant move by Woolsey then. Only not.

SCOUT
1/31/2006, 10:06 PM
My bad, I thought the breaking news I saw earlier said she was invited by President Bush.

Brilliant move by Woolsey then. Only not.

I saw a link on another board. It is hard to believe any initial reporting these days so who knows. Either way, whoever invited her had to know she would not just sit quietly and listen.
http://www.nbc11.com/news/6634368/detail.html

soonerscuba
1/31/2006, 10:07 PM
Hang the beyotch!
Better yet, 'cause you get a discount for groups, hang Pelosi, Boxer, Waters, Feinstein, Clinton (H.), Jeanine GaBuffalo, Fonda, etc, with her.

LF

I hope you are joking.

BeetDigger
1/31/2006, 10:10 PM
Must be nice to have enough money to not work and to go around and do this full time.

JohnnyMack
1/31/2006, 10:12 PM
Looks like she wore an anti-war t-shirt, was asked to remove it, refused and was arrested.

LoyalFan
1/31/2006, 10:17 PM
I hope you are joking.

Well, one can always hope, however futilely.
Oops! Forgot to add Lynn Woolsey! Thanks for the reminder.

LF

VeeJay
1/31/2006, 10:17 PM
I'm glad she kept her shirt on.

http://www.breitbart.com/images/2006/1/31/D8FG23S8G/D8FG23S8G_preview.jpg

Keep 'em covered up, Cindy!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/31/2006, 10:22 PM
I hope you are joking.:P You know darn well he's not. You shouldn't act surprised that I'm not the only one opposed to your political views, since people elected by us knuckle-draggers are in the majority in congress.(granted, many of the elected elephants are now acting too much like guys they beat out.)

LoyalFan
1/31/2006, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=VeeJay]I'm glad she kept her shirt on.

I just wish she'd kept her mask on!

LF

soonerscuba
1/31/2006, 10:25 PM
Looks like she wore an anti-war t-shirt, was asked to remove it, refused and was arrested.

Look quite honestly, I feel that Bush is a reckless policy driver, that in many ways is simply dangerous. It stems from the historical reality that suicide statesmanship nine times out of 10 ends in utter disaster. Whether it be deciding that Moscow is ripe for the pickens in January or deciding the millennium of empires digging their graves in the Mid-East does not apply to you, it just doesn't work.

Now despite my objections to the known historical ramifications of what the president is doing to our country via foreign policy, why in God's name would you ever wear a t-shirt into the halls of the greatest democracy on earth?

Okla-homey
1/31/2006, 10:35 PM
Now despite my objections to the known historical ramifications of what the president is doing to our country via foreign policy, why in God's name would you ever where a t-shirt into the halls of the greatest democracy on earth?

The guys on Fox reported she had some wacky banner she was trying to unfurl over the gallery rail. Whatever. If anyone still takes her seriously, they are certifiably delusional.

soonerscuba
1/31/2006, 10:43 PM
very true.

jk the sooner fan
1/31/2006, 11:07 PM
she could learn a thing about class and respect from the family of the dead marine that the President mentioned.....

Okla-homey
1/31/2006, 11:08 PM
she could learn a thing about class and respect from the family of the dead Marine that the President mentioned.....

fixed it.;)

Hatfield
1/31/2006, 11:10 PM
she should just go all out and wear wings and a tin foil hat.

jk the sooner fan
1/31/2006, 11:11 PM
sorry, my keyboard only capitalizes Army

doesnt work when I type navy, marine and certainly not air force ;)

Okla-homey
1/31/2006, 11:16 PM
she should just go all out and wear wings and a tin foil hat.

...or a black dress and a pointy hat. "I'll get you my prezzy, and your little veep too!"

MiccoMacey
1/31/2006, 11:45 PM
I think he ought to send her to Iraq as an ambassador. Without armed security, since they will all come home once she's there.

OU-HSV
1/31/2006, 11:48 PM
she could learn a thing about class and respect from the family of the dead marine that the President mentioned.....
Exactly

usmc-sooner
2/1/2006, 02:49 AM
fixed it.;)

thank you

Sooner in Tampa
2/1/2006, 06:27 AM
fixed it.;)Semper Fi

Sooner in Tampa
2/1/2006, 06:29 AM
Must be nice to have enough money to not work and to go around and do this full time.Well, she has nothing else to do. Her husband has left her and her other kids have dis-owned her as a loon. She might as well run around the world and disgrace the memory of her son.

Rhino
2/1/2006, 11:22 AM
To be fair, she and her husband were separated before their son died.

jk the sooner fan
2/1/2006, 11:25 AM
To be fair, she and her husband were separated before their son died.

i believe you are correct,......i think i also read somewhere that their son lived with his dad and wasnt really all that close to his mother........however that could be propaganda.....there's alot of that involving this family

imjebus
2/1/2006, 11:48 AM
You know I really feel sorry for her. She did lose her son you know... I don't think it's right that she goes around acting like a complete loon but she deserves just as much respect as any other mother who lost their son in this war.

jk the sooner fan
2/1/2006, 11:50 AM
i think most feel sorry for her, hell she DID lose a son......but she has dishonored his memory (in my opinion, and many others) and turned him from a hero to a number....she's become a pawn and lost all sense of reality

jeremy885
2/1/2006, 11:50 AM
You know I really feel sorry for her. She did lose her son you know... I don't think it's right that she goes around acting like a complete loon but she deserves just as much respect as any other mother who lost their son in this war.

Agreed, but without the 24-7 press coverage.

jk the sooner fan
2/1/2006, 11:54 AM
she's turned his death into something about her......you dont ever hear his name, just hers.....he's become a faceless/nameless - "son of cindy sheehan"....

Hot Rod
2/1/2006, 11:57 AM
she's turned his death into something about her......you dont ever hear his name, just hers.....he's become a faceless/nameless - "son of cindy sheehan"....

Classy...isn't she?

C&CDean
2/1/2006, 12:07 PM

I agree. Well at least I agree that she DID deserve respect - until the day she turned her own personal, selfish grief into a crusade against the exact thing her son was fighting FOR.

Hundreds of thousands of mothers have lost sons in wars. Many are bitter. Many are disillusioned. However, they also understand and respect what their child died for. This **** has just gone over the edge. She doesn't deserve my pity anymore. And she doesn't have it.

Sooner in Tampa
2/1/2006, 12:14 PM
I feel sorry for any parent who has lost a child. I cannot fathom the pain that it must cause. However, she lost all respect and pity that she once had by her actions and deeds. She has become a sad and pitiful woman who is being used by every anti war movement out there...and she is going along with it. She is old enough to be held accountable for her actioni.
Her husband also lost his son, he is not running around acting an ***...not to mention all of the other parents who do not agree with the war and have lost children.

GrapevineSooner
2/1/2006, 12:25 PM
What Dean said.

Losing a child in a war might give you some latitude. But it certainly doesn't give you carte blanche to spout whatever the hell you want and be immune from criticism.

She used up her latitude a long time ago.

imjebus
2/1/2006, 12:27 PM
I agree. Well at least I agree that she DID deserve respect - until the day she turned her own personal, selfish grief into a crusade against the exact thing her son was fighting FOR.

Hundreds of thousands of mothers have lost sons in wars. Many are bitter. Many are disillusioned. However, they also understand and respect what their child died for. This **** has just gone over the edge. She doesn't deserve my pity anymore. And she doesn't have it.

I agree she has gone over the edge. The media needs to quit giving her a voice. It makes it to easy for her to go over the edge. And who is the idiot that invited her to the speech. :rolleyes:

C&CDean
2/1/2006, 12:36 PM
Lynn Woolsey, whoever the **** that is.

Sooner in Tampa
2/1/2006, 12:39 PM
Lynn Woolsey, whoever the **** that is.A liberal bitch from California

http://www.mgmbill.org/Rep.%20Lynn%20Woolsey,%20D,%20CA-6crop.jpg

C&CDean
2/1/2006, 12:52 PM
Question: What is the saddest thing in this world?

Answer: Old liberals.

You see them sometimes at the trendy little coffee shops and sammich joints. Ordering their tofu and sprouts, sipping their decaffeinated latte frappe vagina juice blend, wearing their corduroy trousers, baggy sweaters, sandals with thick socks, and half-glass reading glasses. Their skin usually has that gray/translucent palor from avoiding the evil sun, and they're typically reading some rag like the Washington Post. Out front, they've got their hybrid fagmobile parked in 2 spots so no neocon can scratch it with their evil SUV or pickup truck.

In their minds they're "hip" and "accepted" by their liberal children. They think marching in a protest - hell, any protest - is a noble, righteous, groovy thing. They hate capitalism - although they peruse the financial page regularly. They believe killing a killer is a greater offense than killing a baby. They believe that guns are capable of pointing theirself at somebody and pulling their own trigger. They think that the government should make all decisions for all people. They think that if we love and coddle terrorists, they'll just love us back.

In reality, they're just pathetic losers who failed to grow up like normal people. They somehow failed to make the transition to adulthood.

The "D" side of the aisle in DC is full of them. Like this bitch.

Big Red Ron
2/1/2006, 01:08 PM
She does a disservice to her son's reputation and is making the Democratic party look like to ant-war peaceniks that got us in trouble in the first place (see Bill Clinton's lack of initiative regarding terrorism).

picasso
2/1/2006, 01:28 PM
A liberal bitch from California

http://www.mgmbill.org/Rep.%20Lynn%20Woolsey,%20D,%20CA-6crop.jpg
there was also one other.
it's not right. regardless of what you think of the speaker, you can't intentionally bring someone in to disrupt the speech.:confused:

Big Red Ron
2/1/2006, 01:42 PM
there was also one other.
it's not right. regardless of what you think of the speaker, you can't intentionally bring someone in to disrupt the speech.:confused:Sign waiving is specifically against the law during the State of The Union.

1stTimeCaller
2/1/2006, 01:44 PM
when is her 15 minutes going to be up?

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/1/2006, 02:01 PM
Just wait until she ends up on some reality show...

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/1/2006, 02:02 PM
hopefully the Swan

Big Red Ron
2/1/2006, 02:07 PM
when is her 15 minutes going to be up?Hopefully right after the mid term elections ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/1/2006, 02:14 PM
Hell I went to read her reasons on Michael Moore's webpage and his webpage is like Hornfans.com heh

OklahomaTuba
2/1/2006, 02:33 PM
Anyone hear what she was up to before the speech?

Having a mock impeachment of Bushhilter with Saddam's attorney Ramsey Clarke.

Gotta love the loons of the left.

Ike
2/1/2006, 04:04 PM
in other news, Sheehan wasn't the only one removed from the chamber for wearing a t-shirt:
http://www.sptimes.com/2006/02/01/Worldandnation/T_shirt_earns_exit_fr.shtml

but she was the only one arrested it appears.

1stTimeCaller
2/1/2006, 04:12 PM
in other news, Sheehan wasn't the only one removed from the chamber for wearing a t-shirt:
http://www.sptimes.com/2006/02/01/Worldandnation/T_shirt_earns_exit_fr.shtml

but she was the only one arrested it appears.

what a bitch. her husband too. Really, who wears a freaking tshirt to the State of the Union speech? Have some class and be respectful of the Institution.

walkoffsooner
2/1/2006, 04:20 PM
The news media dosen't have a clue.They keep asking why she would were a t-shirt to the state of union address?Because she wanted to get on camera in the news on chat lines ect.Gee I guess she won again.She sure is smart to be so dumb.

OklahomaTuba
2/1/2006, 04:32 PM
She is dumb.

She has made the "anti-war" movement a joke (which wasn't hard really, considering the types of people involved in it)

She will probably do way more damage to the dimz as a political party than anything the GOP could do.

If she really believes in what she stands for (retreat, isolation, country not being worth dying for) than she is those ideals worst enemy.

BajaOklahoma
2/1/2006, 05:14 PM
Lynn Woolsey, whoever the **** that is.

With California as her home state, she will probably be re-elected forever. If inviting the loonlady was done with the approval of the Democratic Party, Lynn will soon be put in an important committee position. If not, she will be put on the back burner.

VeeJay
2/1/2006, 07:46 PM
Question: What is the saddest thing in this world?

Answer: Old liberals.

You see them sometimes at the trendy little coffee shops and sammich joints. Ordering their tofu and sprouts, sipping their decaffeinated latte frappe vagina juice blend, wearing their corduroy trousers, baggy sweaters, sandals with thick socks, and half-glass reading glasses. Their skin usually has that gray/translucent palor from avoiding the evil sun, and they're typically reading some rag like the Washington Post. Out front, they've got their hybrid fagmobile parked in 2 spots so no neocon can scratch it with their evil SUV or pickup truck.

In their minds they're "hip" and "accepted" by their liberal children. They think marching in a protest - hell, any protest - is a noble, righteous, groovy thing. They hate capitalism - although they peruse the financial page regularly. They believe killing a killer is a greater offense than killing a baby. They believe that guns are capable of pointing theirself at somebody and pulling their own trigger. They think that the government should make all decisions for all people. They think that if we love and coddle terrorists, they'll just love us back.

In reality, they're just pathetic losers who failed to grow up like normal people. They somehow failed to make the transition to adulthood.

The "D" side of the aisle in DC is full of them. Like this bitch.

I may have to change my sig. :)

VeeJay
2/1/2006, 07:47 PM
Just wait until she ends up on some reality show...

Dancing With The Stars comes to mind.

"Yo, Lady Asshat II, may I have this dance?"

StoopTroup
2/1/2006, 10:35 PM
I wish they would let the First Lady and her duke it out.

Cam
2/1/2006, 10:56 PM
i think most feel sorry for her, hell she DID lose a son......but she has dishonored his memory (in my opinion, and many others) and turned him from a hero to a number....she's become a pawn and lost all sense of reality
Yep. Sad in many respects.

Okla-homey
2/1/2006, 11:16 PM
I wish they would let the First Lady and her duke it out.

Laura would mop the floor with Sheehan's loopy arse. Behind that school librarian First Lady veneer, is a full-on, old school, oilpatch hellcat. Grrrrrrr.

She tamed Dubya too. Cleaned him up, sobered him up, peeled the rich playboy off him, pushed him to the texass governors house, and all the way to the White House. Libs hate Rove and Cheney because they think those guys are in charge. heh. I bet Laura rules the First Roost.

soonerscuba
2/1/2006, 11:19 PM
To be totally crass the First Lady also has a decent set of knockers. They try to hide them though.

Okla-homey
2/1/2006, 11:28 PM
To be totally crass the First Lady also has a decent set of knockers. They try to hide them though.

Yes-sir-ee-bob! I bet they have pet names for them too.

soonerscuba
2/1/2006, 11:30 PM
I guess there is more than one set of frist twins.

Tiptonsooner
2/1/2006, 11:45 PM

I'm thinking that isn't something you want to google.

Hatfield
2/2/2006, 12:22 AM
so the Capitol Police have dropped the charges against Sheehan (due in large part to her doing nothing illegal).

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/2/2006, 12:24 AM
Umm what part of Protesting is Illegal in here didn't cover her shirt????

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/2/2006, 12:25 AM
It's like Yes I have freedom of speech but I can't walk into open court and start a comedy routine because the Courthouse has slightly different rules

Hatfield
2/2/2006, 12:26 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/01/D8FGKS480.html

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/2/2006, 12:57 AM
Well whew she didn't break the law...she is just tacky ;) i guess she can live with that

StoopTroup
2/2/2006, 06:51 AM
I saw where evidently one of the Congressmen's Wife was asked to leave too.

She was wearing a t-shirt tht said "Support Our Troops".

He brought it up yesterday on the floor and was holding it in the air telling them they should all be ashamed.

If your told there is a dress code and that there are some rules to abide by when being allowed to enter the "State of the Union" address and you break those rules...

Out on your *ss IMO.

If you resist...arrest them for trespassing.

There are plenty of days in a year to "Make a Statement".

The State of the Union address is not one of those days IMO.

jk the sooner fan
2/2/2006, 07:06 AM
Yes-sir-ee-bob! I bet they have pet names for them too.

i think "bushie" is taken... ;)

Hatfield
2/2/2006, 09:30 AM
I saw where evidently one of the Congressmen's Wife was asked to leave too.

She was wearing a t-shirt tht said "Support Our Troops".

He brought it up yesterday on the floor and was holding it in the air telling them they should all be ashamed.

If your told there is a dress code and that there are some rules to abide by when being allowed to enter the "State of the Union" address and you break those rules...

Out on your *ss IMO.

If you resist...arrest them for trespassing.

There are plenty of days in a year to "Make a Statement".

The State of the Union address is not one of those days IMO.

agreed.

but i don't think your scenario fits either one of the women...as the apology from the capitol police seemingly indicates.

sitzpinkler
2/2/2006, 10:28 AM
They think that the government should make all decisions for all people.

hypocrisy rears its ugly head