PDA

View Full Version : My Credit Report

soonerbrat
1/31/2006, 03:27 PM
I have one bad mark on my credit report and I can't make it go away. It's so stupid. It's a credit card I had several years ago. I got behind on the payments and made a deal with them to close the account for half the original amount. I paid it and all was good until about 6 months later when I started getting collection calls about it again. I called them and thought I had it straightened out because they told me they saw on my account where it was paid and closed.

So now, it's on my credit report as a delinquent account. Depending on which report you look at, it says I either owe $7 or $0 and that it is 90 days late over 50 times. it says the last activity is in 10/98 which is over 7 years ago, yet they still won't remove it..i've tried and tried.

I called the company (Providian) and they show the account as paid and closed, yet when I dispute the account through the credit reporting agencies, they won't allow it to be removed.

I need for it to be removed because I plan on buying a house when i get a job.

any suggestions?

JohnnyMack
1/31/2006, 03:29 PM
Tactical Nuclear Strike on Providian HQ.

Over.

Fugue
pay cash for the house.

Jimminy Crimson
Plane ticket to Providian HDQ.

Match.

Lighter fluid.

:texan:

Skysooner
1/31/2006, 03:30 PM
Document it with letters and when you apply for a mortgage send in the documentation with your application. I had a similar case back in college. I had an account that was closed and paid off, but they still had it listed with a balance. All I had to do was send in the letter showing it was paid off along with a copy of my letter that I sent to the credit reporting agency.

Harry Beanbag
1/31/2006, 03:31 PM
As long as it shows you don't owe any money you should be fine. I had several suprises pop up thanks to my ex-wife when my current wife and I bought our house a few years ago. I had to pay about a $1000 worth of crap that she stuck me with after we had separated just to finish the loan process. As long as the derogatory entries show a balance of $0, it shouldn't be a problem.

soonerbrat
it's actually been taken off of 2 credit reporting agencies...don't know why i can't get it removed from the 3rd

Beef
:dean: Just pay your damn bills and put them in the mail when you get them and you never have to worry about this ****.:dean:

soonerbrat
1/31/2006, 03:34 PM
As long as it shows you don't owe any money you should be fine. I had several suprises pop up thanks to my ex-wife when my current wife and I bought our house a few years ago. I had to pay about a $1000 worth of crap that she stuck me with after we had separated just to finish the loan process. As long as the derogatory entries show a balance of $0, it shouldn't be a problem.

yep..it shows i owe a balance of $0 past due over 90 days 50+ times..it's stupid

on the 2 credit reports where i actually did have it removed it said $7

soonerbrat
1/31/2006, 03:34 PM
:dean: Just pay your damn bills and put them in the mail when you get them and you never have to worry about this ****.:dean:

heh..thanks dean.

Penguin
1/31/2006, 03:35 PM
A credit card from 7 years ago? I thought that **** dropped off after 3 years.

Harry Beanbag
1/31/2006, 03:36 PM
yep..it shows i owe a balance of $0 past due over 90 days 50+ times..it's stupid

on the 2 credit reports where i actually did have it removed it said $7

You shouldn't have anything to worry about then.

soonerbrat
1/31/2006, 03:37 PM
A credit card from 7 years ago? I thought that **** dropped off after 3 years.

nope. 7 years

which is why it should be removed, but the company still has the account open, apparently.

maybe i should send them a check for $0

TexasLidig8r
1/31/2006, 03:39 PM
Write to Providian.. send it certified mail return receipt requested. Tell them the resolved debt is still being erroneously reported on your credit report. Make demand that they immediately inform the three credit reporting agencies the debt has been fully resolved, that the seven year statutory period for reporting debts on your credit report has lapsed and demand that they immediately contact all three credit reporting agencies to clarify the matter.

Then, send copies to all three major credit reporting agencies with a cover letter demanding that they note the communication on your report and that they immediately correct the erroneous reporting.

Their addresses are:

Equifax Credit Information Services, Inc.,
P.O. Box 740241,
Atlanta, Georgia 30374

Experian (TRW),
P.O. Box 2002,
Allen, Texas 75013

Transunion LLC,
Consumer Disclosure Center,
P. O. Box 1000,
Chester, PA 19022

It should be cleared up.

Jimminy Crimson
1/31/2006, 03:39 PM
Is that damn credit report song in anyone elses head?

DAMN YOU, BRAT! ;)

1stTimeCaller
1/31/2006, 03:40 PM
doesn't Lid own a credit collection company? He could probably help out.

Harry Beanbag
nope. 7 years

which is why it should be removed, but the company still has the account open, apparently.

maybe i should send them a check for $0

Does it show on the report when the entry was last updated to the agency by Providian?

I have an entry on my report from some furniture store in Florida that I bought some furniture from about 13 years ago. For some reason they update that I owe $0 every year or two which keeps it on my report.

OklahomaTuba
I called the company (Providian) and they show the account as paid and closed, yet when I dispute the account through the credit reporting agencies, they won't allow it to be removed.

I need for it to be removed because I plan on buying a house when i get a job.

any suggestions?

When you disputed this with the reporting agency, did they send you anything to prove this is correct?

If they didn't, and you have a copy of your dispute I believe you can make them make remove it from your credit report.

www.creditboards.com is a great resource for disputing and stuff.

Mjcpr

DAMN YOU, BRAT! ;)

freeeee credit report dot com!

Harry Beanbag
1/31/2006, 03:41 PM

DAMN YOU, BRAT! ;)

Free credit report dot com...

soonerbrat
1/31/2006, 03:43 PM
Does it show on the report when the entry was last updated to the agency by Providian?

I have an entry on my report from some furniture store in Florida that I bought some furniture from about 13 years ago. For some reason they update that I owe $0 every year or two which keeps it on my report.

Providian updates it every month.

oumartin
1/31/2006, 03:53 PM
so, whats yer score?

GrapevineSooner
1/31/2006, 04:00 PM
Art of Credit is also a good board, too.

Speaking of credit cards, I'm about to have a Battle Royale because they've jacked my interest rate up to 31% because they claim that I didn't try to pay my bill for January. I've checked my bank statement online and sure enough, no money was taken out to pay for it.

I'll see if I have a verification number for this but even if it's true that I forgot, it burns me up that they'd jack my rate up so damn much when this is the first missed payment in more than a year. :mad:

Credit card companies succ.