PDA

View Full Version : A Female serial killer, not often you see that...

TheHumanAlphabet
1/31/2006, 02:41 PM
Postal worker goes postal (http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/31/postal.shooting.ap/index.html)

Tiptonsooner
1/31/2006, 04:25 PM
But, was she hawt???:D

DCSooner
1/31/2006, 04:29 PM
Hardly serial, but rare.

Skysooner
1/31/2006, 04:33 PM
http://members.cox.net/dcy/04_muse_killer.jpg

C&CDean
1/31/2006, 04:56 PM
Ex-postal worker. And wasting 5 people at one time does not = "serial" killer.

Of course if they found her with an empty bowl on her head, and a spoon up her *** then she could probably be one........

I happen to know one of these people. So tread lightly with your humor. I'm all about gallows humor, but keep it above the knee please.

jk the sooner fan
1/31/2006, 05:03 PM
yeah i think serial applies to one who kills repeatedly over time

sorry to hear about your friend Dean........everybody in the OKC area should remember the tragedy at the Edmond post office

BeetDigger
1/31/2006, 05:12 PM
I happen to know one of these people. So tread lightly with your humor. I'm all about gallows humor, but keep it above the knee please.

Dude, you told me to lighten up once when I was offended by a reference you made to something involving my son. I have since, lightened up. :D

C&CDean
1/31/2006, 05:20 PM
Dude, you told me to lighten up once when I was offended by a reference you made to something involving my son. I have since, lightened up. :D

I said to rock on with the gallows humor. Even added one of my own. It's what makes Americans unique.

I just asked that folks take it semi-easy since she just quit breathing less than 24-hours ago. And a couple of the victims were at least quasi-hot. Pretty weird really. A chick wasting chicks. All the victims were female except one.

1stTimeCaller
1/31/2006, 05:20 PM
yeah i think serial applies to one who kills repeatedly over time

sorry to hear about your friend Dean........everybody in the OKC area should remember the tragedy at the Edmond post office

wasn't that the first of the post office shootings?

jk the sooner fan
1/31/2006, 05:21 PM
i think there was one elsewhere first......but Edmond had the highest casualty count if i remember right

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/31/2006, 05:25 PM
I thought this was about that Charlize Theron movie, Monster.

Carry on.

(PS--Sorry about your loss Deaner)

Skysooner
1/31/2006, 05:39 PM
I lived next door to one of the AP people who covered the Edmond massacre. She said it was horrific.

jk the sooner fan
1/31/2006, 05:40 PM
i got to walk thru the Luby's scene in Killeen the day after (we had some soldiers family members killed).......talk about horrific

more like "war zone"

Mjcpr
1/31/2006, 05:40 PM
I lived next door to one of the AP people who covered the Edmond massacre. She said it was horrific.

A lot of times, massacres are horrific.

DCSooner
1/31/2006, 05:41 PM
60% of the time they are horrible everytime.

Mjcpr
1/31/2006, 05:43 PM
If they're not horrific, odds are they're going to be horrible.

BeetDigger
1/31/2006, 05:53 PM
I said to rock on with the gallows humor. Even added one of my own. It's what makes Americans unique.

I just asked that folks take it semi-easy since she just quit breathing less than 24-hours ago. And a couple of the victims were at least quasi-hot. Pretty weird really. A chick wasting chicks. All the victims were female except one.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Everytime I think about a postal worker going postal, I think about Newman.

Skysooner
1/31/2006, 07:52 PM
What I basically meant was she got to see it before they had cleaned a bunch of it up. All massacres are horrific. We just aren't always exposed to the real scene.

Cam
1/31/2006, 09:01 PM
What is it that makes the postal system have the higher rate of these types of incidents? I have a hard time believing it's that much stressful than other jobs.

jk the sooner fan
1/31/2006, 09:02 PM
its a thankless job in a high stress environment.....

OUinFLA
1/31/2006, 09:08 PM

so is my job, but you don't hear about farmers going Agricultural and killing farm hands.

and I dont get 200 paid national holidays a year.

tulsaoilerfan
1/31/2006, 10:23 PM
Hell the ones that work here don't seem that stressed to me; plus, don't they get Holidays about 3x a month even when the holidays fall on a Sunday?:D

John

Cam
1/31/2006, 10:34 PM
Aren't most jobs? Otherwise, it wouldn't be work, it'd be fun.

Okla-homey
1/31/2006, 11:06 PM
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
-- Bill Shakespeare

jk the sooner fan
1/31/2006, 11:14 PM
sorry, farmers are held in a much more high regard than postal workers

yes, all jobs are considered "work"

everybody that has a job in america has the exact same work environment.......we're silly to even consider that maybe something at the post office causes this......its all pure coincidence......

Okla-homey
1/31/2006, 11:21 PM
The article said she was on medical leave. Think that means she was still on the PO payroll?

From the names of the victims, looks like they were all black or latinas. A racist postal whackjob indeed.

jk the sooner fan
1/31/2006, 11:24 PM
without knowing the ethnicity of the surviving employees, kind of hard to make that assumption......maybe they're all minorities and those 5 were the unlucky ones......

Okla-homey
1/31/2006, 11:29 PM
without knowing the ethnicity of the surviving employees, kind of hard to make that assumption......maybe they're all minorities and those 5 were the unlucky ones......

well the article also said she tried to publish a newspaper called "The Racist News" or some such dreck.

jk the sooner fan
1/31/2006, 11:29 PM
ok that piece of evidence is more compelling

DCSooner
2/1/2006, 12:03 AM
ok that piece of evidence is more compelling

Heh. Oops!

Cam
2/1/2006, 08:09 PM
Sarcastic much? :eek:

Point is this, you don't see this happening at multi-billion dollar companies. The jobs are just as stressful and for most of us underlings, just as thankless. It's not like the USPS has the corner on stressful jobs.

I would be very curious to see the answers to the test that they take. I'd be interested to see if there's a pattern to the ones who lost it versus those that don't. I've never taken it so I don't know what's on it. You've got to figure that there's quite a bit of psychological questions that would give a clue.

sorry, farmers are held in a much more high regard than postal workers

yes, all jobs are considered "work"

everybody that has a job in america has the exact same work environment.......we're silly to even consider that maybe something at the post office causes this......its all pure coincidence......

jk the sooner fan
2/1/2006, 09:00 PM
sarcastic always......

corporate america is NOT a public service job.........postal workers, whether you think or not, ARE public servants......they work under extreme scrutiny and tedious regulations, you asked a question, i offered a possible answer......

there has to be something that sets it apart, it is a bit of a phenomenom....you cant think that "they're just like us"......not if you want to find the answer to your question anyway

just my opinion

lexsooner
2/1/2006, 09:55 PM
What is it that makes the postal system have the higher rate of these types of incidents? I have a hard time believing it's that much stressful than other jobs.

The vast majority of postal workers are military veterans. Combine the baggage many veterans carry with a high stress job, along with the frustratingly bureaucratic policies and management in government = going postal.

jk the sooner fan
2/1/2006, 09:58 PM
but what if none of those who have "gone postal" actually had served in the military?

then what say you?

maybe its more an issue that the post office attracts that kind of person, the one who is a ticking time bomb......perhaps there's something there that is inviting to those types.....i dont think i've met more than a handful of postal workers in my life that had "pleasant" personalities....

Okla-homey
2/1/2006, 11:25 PM
The vast majority of postal workers are military veterans. Combine the baggage many veterans carry with a high stress job, along with the frustratingly bureaucratic policies and management in government = going postal.

Naw, its processing and delivering all that bulk rate third-class postal equivalent of spam. How would you like it if you spent all morning sorting and delivering Target, Wal-mart, Albertsons and Dollar General mailings only to know most of it goes straight from folks' mailbox to the circular filing cabinet in the backyard?

It would be like pushing a big boulder up a mountainside, only to have it roll back down again, repeating indefinitely. A regular mythic Greek tragedy I tell ya. Maybe enough to make you wanna pop a cap in somebody.;)

Tiptonsooner
2/1/2006, 11:32 PM
I never thought of it that way Homey, that is depressing as hell. But, hey they can stand in the welfare line with everyone else if that is too depressing.

soonerscuba
2/1/2006, 11:34 PM
My mailman wears whatever the hell he wants, listens to his i-pod, and only collects outgoing mail if we have incoming mail. because walking the extra ten feet to the mail that we have to hang on the outside of the mailbox just isn't enough. bastard.

OULOVE
2/1/2006, 11:48 PM
The article said she was on medical leave. Think that means she was still on the PO payroll?

From the names of the victims, looks like they were all black or latinas. A racist postal whackjob indeed.

"She gained entry to the building by taking an employee's identification badge at gunpoint. That worker was not hurt".

The lady had a list. She knew who she was after, hell she even capped an old neighbor.

Jerk
2/2/2006, 06:04 AM
Too bad concealed carry in California is only available to the elite in Hollywood and certain politicians, like Senator Feinstein. If one of those poor
"plebians" would have had a gun to fight back, *maybe* the psycho lady would have been stopped sooner before she killed more people.