PDA

View Full Version : Worst Academy Awards nominations evar?

Widescreen
1/31/2006, 08:46 AM
This just proves that the academy awards continues to be the world's biggest circle jerk.

Best Picture
1. Syriana
2. Bareback Mountain
3. Good Night and Good Luck
4. Capote
5. Munich

:confused:

Okla-homey
1/31/2006, 08:55 AM
This just proves that the academy awards continues to be the world's biggest circle jerk.

Best Picture
1. Syriana
2. Bareback Mountain
4. Capote
5. Munich

Absolutely no spek for "Cinderella Man" or "Walk the Line." Those AMPAS people are completely out of touch with most folks in this country and yet they wonder why box office receipts continue to decline. heh.

jeremy885
1/31/2006, 08:57 AM

Best Picture

4. Capote

I haven't even heard of those two movies. Kind of shocked that Walk the line didn't make.

Pieces Hit
1/31/2006, 09:06 AM
What, no King Kong?
But it was good.
I guess Jackson will have to make it a 3 parter before it gets noticed.

mrowl
1/31/2006, 09:30 AM
Syriana, and Good Night and Good Luck are awesome movies

crawfish
1/31/2006, 09:36 AM
Fortunately, I won't have to waste my time watching them.

sooneron
1/31/2006, 10:14 AM
I saw Good Night and Good Luck - it was really friggin good
Munich was pretty solid, as well.

JohnnyMack
1/31/2006, 10:34 AM
Absolutely no spek for "Cinderella Man" or "Walk the Line." Those AMPAS people are completely out of touch with most folks in this country and yet they wonder why box office receipts continue to decline. heh.

I saw Walk the Line and while I think Joaquin was awesome I didn't think the film itself was worthy of a best picture nod. Just my .02.

Cinderella Man has Russell Crowe in it. Russell Crowe peaked with Gladiator/A Beautiful Mind and has headed towards succ town ever since.

Harry Beanbag
1/31/2006, 10:39 AM
Brokeback Mountain has Heath Ledger in it. Heath Ledger peaked with 10 Things I Hate About You/The Patriot and has headed towards suck town ever since.

Couldn't resist. :)

sooneron
1/31/2006, 10:43 AM
The Patriot? It was Braveheart in SC!

picasso
1/31/2006, 10:46 AM
Capote was most excellent.

I read a pretty harsh review of Munich. Said Speilberg was making the case for the terrorists more or less. I still want to see it, big Bana fan here.

sooneron
1/31/2006, 10:54 AM
Capote was most excellent.

I read a pretty harsh review of Munich. Said Speilberg was making the case for the terrorists more or less. I still want to see it, big Bana fan here.
I think he makes a case for both sides. Basically, by saying that violence begats violence and it's a cycle.

Was it hard to take Hoffman talking in that affected lispy voice for an entire movie?
I heard he's awesome.

Rush is really good in Munich, btw

BeetDigger
1/31/2006, 10:59 AM
Ever since we had kids, we rarely see movies at the theater. I guess I will just have to see them vicariously through you all.

Oh, and tell me who I should be rooting for in the various categories. It's not the Oscar's if you can't root for the awards. Not seeing the movies makes it more difficult however.

picasso
1/31/2006, 11:00 AM
naw the voice wasn't bad. he is what he is, a fragile intelligent person with a powerful gift.
I was interested in seeing it just from the things I've read about Warhol and Capote and their heated arguments in the Manhattan social scene.

fadada1
1/31/2006, 11:04 AM
Those AMPAS people are completely out of touch with most folks in this country and yet they wonder why box office receipts continue to decline. heh.
true dat.

but me thinks that $11 tickets to see shi**y movies plays an important role as well.

sooneron
1/31/2006, 11:05 AM
I plan to see it when work slows down.

I would have to say that the worst oscar nominations had to be the ones that produced so many wins for ****ing English Patient!

fadada1
1/31/2006, 11:06 AM
The Patriot? It was Braveheart in SC!
patriot = BAD movie.

and by "bad", i mean NOT GOOD.

sooneron
1/31/2006, 11:07 AM
I would say that Heath peaked with that rock n roll knight movie.

picasso
1/31/2006, 11:07 AM
patriot = BAD movie.

and by "bad", i mean NOT GOOD.
but what if Mel's son in the flick was a gay patriot martyr?;)

BeetDigger
1/31/2006, 11:09 AM
I would say that Heath packed with that Brokeback movie.

:eek:

sooneron
1/31/2006, 11:12 AM
We should have an award for who is the best editor of reply with quote material...

I'm awaiting this one to be done, it's too easy.

Soonrboy
1/31/2006, 11:29 AM
I'm awaiting to be done, I'm too easy.

heh

fadada1
1/31/2006, 11:30 AM
but what if Mel's son in the flick was a gay patriot martyr?;)
then it would've been nominated for an academy award.:texan: