PDA

View Full Version : The highways are a crumblin'.....

OklahomaTuba
1/30/2006, 11:08 PM
A year and a half ago the same thing happened on this road, but on the other side!!!!

It sure would be nice if the 1.1 Billion the state collects for roads would actually go to the roads, instead of just 100 Million of it.

One of Tulsa's major highways was reduced to one lane Monday after someone reported a large hole in a bridge.

It's the second time in a year-and-a-half, the Oklahoma Department of Transportation has had to do major repair work on the Broken Arrow Expressway bridge over 15th Street between the Lewis and Peoria exits.

http://www.kotv.com/main/home/stories.asp?whichpage=1&id=97950

SoonerInKCMO
1/30/2006, 11:24 PM
That's just Tulsa roads. The ones that the important people drive on in OKC are in great shape. ;)

BoomerJack
1/31/2006, 12:11 AM
The BA crosses 15th between Harvard and Lewis.

And you have to remember, the contracts for the construction and repair on those roads go to the low bidder. Just like all those contracts that the DoD granted in Iraq. No wait. Never mind.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/31/2006, 12:38 AM

And you have to remember, the contracts for the construction and repair on those roads go to the low bidder. Just like all those contracts that the DoD granted in Iraq. No wait. Never mind.Yeah, let's pay jacked-up prices on defense contracts, to give the people actual reasons to complain. Then, someone might accuse Bush of cronyism. No wait. Never mind.

OklahomaTuba
1/31/2006, 12:42 AM
I only wish we had KBR doing the roads in this state. Those people do damn fine work.

OklahomaTuba
1/31/2006, 12:43 AM

And you have to remember, the contracts for the construction and repair on those roads go to the low bidder. Just like all those contracts that the DoD granted in Iraq. No wait. Never mind.

And of course just about every other war we have fought, but never mind that fact either...

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/31/2006, 12:44 AM
Damm William the defend Bush thread isn't this one ;) This is the thread where we bash Democratic state leadership ;)

Jimminy Crimson
1/31/2006, 12:54 AM
One of Tulsa's major highways was reduced to one lane Monday after someone reported a large hole in a bridge.

It's the second time in a year-and-a-half, the Oklahoma Department of Transportation has had to do major repair work on the Broken Arrow Expressway bridge over 15th Street between the Lewis and Peoria exits.

That's almost a weekly occurance on the crosstown in OKC. The highway looks like a quilt my grandmother sewed. They're patching holes about once a week on that bad boy.

1/31/2006, 01:10 AM
Damm William the defend Bush thread isn't this one ;) This is the thread where we bash Democratic state leadership ;)Is that avatar an actual photo of you?

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/31/2006, 01:26 AM
Why? you interested

1/31/2006, 01:58 AM
Why? you interestedFirst, please answer my question.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/31/2006, 02:14 AM
Nah it is Lucy Pinder

jk the sooner fan
1/31/2006, 07:41 AM
Just like all those contracts that the DoD granted in Iraq. No wait. Never mind.

do tell, what other companies would bid on that contract? would love to hear your list.....

Sooner_Bob
1/31/2006, 08:39 AM
I only wish we had KBR doing the roads in this state. Those people do damn fine work. Flinto Co. kicks major road construction booty. They finished the complete reconstruction of the "Big I" in Albuquerque (I-40 and I-25) in under two years and a month or so ahead of schedule. You should see that intersection now, it's 100 times easier to navigate than it was before.

Sooner_Bob
1/31/2006, 08:40 AM
Nah it is Lucy Pinder Hey what's that? Oh, it's william's sf.com fantasy going out the window. :P

Harry Beanbag
1/31/2006, 09:04 AM
Flinto Co. kicks major road construction booty. They finished the complete reconstruction of the "Big I" in Albuquerque (I-40 and I-25) in under two years and a month or so ahead of schedule. You should see that intersection now, it's 100 times easier to navigate than it was before.

Here in the Phoenix metro area, they've started and will complete in about 6 months an inner and outer loop around the entire valley in about 7 years. It would take 50 years to do that in Oklahoma.

1stTimeCaller
1/31/2006, 09:36 AM
Here in the Phoenix metro area, they've started and will complete in about 6 months an inner and outer loop around the entire valley in about 7 years. It would take 50 years to do that in Oklahoma.

FlintCo or PCL?

Harry Beanbag
1/31/2006, 09:46 AM
FlintCo or PCL?

I think Flintco was one of them, but they contract out sections, usually less than 5 miles, to different companies. Never heard of PCL.

1stTimeCaller
1/31/2006, 09:51 AM
Oh. I used to work for PCL in Denver and SE Missouri. Their two best divisions are the Civil Constructors in Arizona and Florida. PCL Civil Florida should be about finished up with the Lucious Selmon elevated highway in the Tampa area. If it isn't Lucious it's one of the other brothers.
I worked for a buildings division so I'm not sure where in Arizona they did all of their highway work.

They have yellow trucks with green hoods.

Harry Beanbag
1/31/2006, 10:05 AM
Oh. I used to work for PCL in Denver and SE Missouri. Their two best divisions are the Civil Constructors in Arizona and Florida. PCL Civil Florida should be about finished up with the Lucious Selmon elevated highway in the Tampa area. If it isn't Lucious it's one of the other brothers.
I worked for a buildings division so I'm not sure where in Arizona they did all of their highway work.

They have yellow trucks with green hoods.

I was bored and did a little research on freeway contractors out here. Here are a few of the companies if you're interested: Pulice, FNF, Sundt, Kraemer, DH Blattner, Herzog, and a few others. Pulice seems to be the major one, and it looks like I was wrong about Flintco, they aren't listed anywhere.

1/31/2006, 10:58 AM
Nah it is Lucy PinderWell, she IS pretty good looking.:)

Rhino
1/31/2006, 11:48 AM
That's almost a weekly occurance on the crosstown in OKC. The highway looks like a quilt my grandmother sewed. They're patching holes about once a week on that bad boy. That ain't no joke.

Sooner_Bob
1/31/2006, 01:50 PM
Here in the Phoenix metro area, they've started and will complete in about 6 months an inner and outer loop around the entire valley in about 7 years. It would take 50 years to do that in Oklahoma. You guys definitely need that . . . traffic in Phoenix is the succ.

Harry Beanbag
1/31/2006, 02:24 PM
You guys definitely need that . . . traffic in Phoenix is the succ.

Yeah, they're about 10 years too late. They've already started widening one of the freeways they just got through widening 3 years ago.