PDA

View Full Version : I present the Moron of the Day:

proud gonzo
1/30/2006, 10:05 PM
a guy from high school IM'ed me a moment ago. He is a moron. He's a senior in high school now and he just asked if I ever had to read a book called "Darwin, Marx, Vogner".

I said no, and it's probably "Wagner" which is pronounced "Vogner" because it's german.

:rolleyes:

Then he explains he has to report over Marx for the class and asks me if I know anything about him.

I asked if he has to talk about his brothers. (ba-dum CHING!)

HE DIDN'T GET IT. I had to explain who the Marx Brothers are. Oh. My. God.

Okieflyer
1/30/2006, 10:10 PM
A bigger moron than this guy?
http://static.flickr.com/8/11201438_0808c0c917_m.jpg

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/30/2006, 10:14 PM
Seriously though....what can you tell me

Stanley1
1/30/2006, 10:27 PM
Then he explains he has to report over Marx for the class and asks me if I know anything about him.

I don't get it. :confused: :D

KaiserSooner
1/30/2006, 10:28 PM
Vogner :D

I think I mentioned this in a thread a few days back, but my mom showed me one of her student's papers, in which they meant to say "occurred," but spelled it "a curd." ;)

Octavian
1/30/2006, 10:30 PM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2355/marxes4sl.th.png (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marxes4sl.png)

Bama/OU
1/30/2006, 10:39 PM
A bigger moron than this guy?
http://static.flickr.com/8/11201438_0808c0c917_m.jpg

Yeah, but that guy dances on command.

:)

Tiptonsooner
1/30/2006, 10:41 PM
Yeah, but that guy creeps me the **** out.

SoonerWood
1/30/2006, 10:43 PM
Did you ask him back if he read Godel, Escher, & Bach?

SoonerInKCMO
1/30/2006, 10:44 PM
The other day, I went to Target with my 20 y/o neighbor and we ended up in the novelty t-shirt section. She was looking at two t-shirts and asked me "which should I buy - AC/DC or The Doors?" "Which band do you like the best?", I asked? :confused: "Band?", she replied.

BajaOklahoma
1/30/2006, 10:52 PM
I am just thrilled that this thread isn't about me.
And I know the rest of you are too.

King Crimson
1/30/2006, 11:10 PM
near as i can tell, competition for that title is pretty fierce.

GottaHavePride
1/30/2006, 11:12 PM
The other day, I went to Target with my 20 y/o neighbor and we ended up in the novelty t-shirt section. She was looking at two t-shirts and asked me "which should I buy - AC/DC or The Doors?" "Which band do you like the best?", I asked? :confused: "Band?", she replied.

You should get her a "The Band" t-shirt. That would be totally aweosme.

sanantoniosooner
1/30/2006, 11:13 PM
He should have known Richard Marx doesn't have brothers.

Idiot.

Tailwind
1/30/2006, 11:17 PM
I am just thrilled that this thread isn't about me.
And I know the rest of you are too.
Whew! that was a close one.:O

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/30/2006, 11:17 PM
Who's on first???

BajaOklahoma
1/30/2006, 11:20 PM
Who's on first???

Abbott & Costello. :O

sanantoniosooner
1/30/2006, 11:22 PM
Abbott & Costello. :O
They can't both be on first.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/30/2006, 11:24 PM
Maybe ummm Abbott is like the first baseman holding on Costello...remember logic!!!

Oldnslo
1/30/2006, 11:25 PM
Several years ago, I called the TCC newspaper to advise of a correction. See, the dude's last name was Buonarroti. Not Angelo.

Michael Angelo. still makes me chuckle.

SoonerInKCMO
2/1/2006, 12:01 AM

In addition to being my neighbor, she is the leasing agent where I live. Today, I was in the office picking up all the 'moving away' paperwork (I'll be SoonerInKCK pretty soon)... anyway, she was wanting to leave right away because it was only two minutes until closing... but the boss lady said it was ten minutes before closing time. Young girl says "the clock on the phone in the other room said 5:28". Manager lady gets up to look at the big clock in the office and says it's only 5:20. Young girl then says "I never look at that clock because I. CAN'T. TELL. TIME." Me and manager lady: :eek:

Apparently, she's never had to use an analog clock and they don't teach kids that kind of stuff anymore.

On a different but not that different note, I've never seen her do even the simplest of math without using a calculator.

DAMN THESE IGNERNT KIDS TODAY!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

proud gonzo
2/1/2006, 12:04 AM
even without being taught to tell time, if you understand the concept of how the numbers work how difficult is it really to read a clock????

SoonerInKCMO
2/1/2006, 12:06 AM
I dunno. :confused:

Hard for me to judge though since I'm all 'gifted' and ****. :)

OklahomaTrombone
2/1/2006, 12:06 AM
In addition to being my neighbor, she is the leasing agent where I live. Today, I was in the office picking up all the 'moving away' paperwork (I'll be SoonerInKCK pretty soon)... anyway, she was wanting to leave right away because it was only two minutes until closing... but the boss lady said it was ten minutes before closing time. Young girl says "the clock on the phone in the other room said 5:28". Manager lady gets up to look at the big clock in the office and says it's only 5:20. Young girl then says "I never look at that clock because I. CAN'T. TELL. TIME." Me and manager lady: :eek:

Apparently, she's never had to use an analog clock and they don't teach kids that kind of stuff anymore.

On a different but not that different note, I've never seen her do even the simplest of math without using a calculator.

You should invite her over so she can "learn to tell time"

SoonerInKCMO
2/1/2006, 12:08 AM
Oh, believe me, there are a few things I could teach her. :D

SoonerInKCMO
2/1/2006, 12:09 AM
Sorry to dirty up your thread with the perv talk PG. :(

proud gonzo
2/1/2006, 12:12 AM
heh--that's ok, i'm used to ignoring you guys ;)

GottaHavePride
2/1/2006, 12:19 AM
Oh, believe me, there are a few things I could teach her. :D

Cut to The Daily Show: Have you ever given anyone a "helicopter"?

TUSooner
2/1/2006, 09:58 AM
....Young girl then says "I never look at that clock because I. CAN'T. TELL. TIME." Me and manager lady: :eek:

Apparently she needs to be sent to New Orleans so we can restore the City to its full pre-K status as some suggest. :rolleyes:

A history teacher (GA) at Tulane was really thorough and smart (and from India, btw). But she insisted on pronouncing Richard Wagner like, well, Richard Wagner, instead if REEkard VOGner. It took me a minute to figure out who she was talking about. Even when the correct pronunciation was politely suggested to her after a class, she continued with the Americanized pronunciation.

colleyvillesooner
2/1/2006, 10:01 AM
You should have mailed it to the Marx brothers.

BeetDigger
2/1/2006, 10:50 AM

I hate it when I have to explain jokes.

I asked a clerk where something in the store is located. She said it is in aisle 3, near the shampoo. I asked her if that is the aisle where they keep the real poo. She didn't get it.

handcrafted
2/1/2006, 01:29 PM
I hate it when I have to explain jokes.

I asked a clerk where something in the store is located. She said it is in aisle 3, near the shampoo. I asked her if that is the aisle where they keep the real poo. She didn't get it.

Now *that* is quality. :D

Beano's Fourth Chin
2/1/2006, 02:25 PM
Cut to The Daily Show: Have you ever given anyone a "helicopter"?

I keep telling myself I'm never looking at the urban dictionary again.

This time I mean it.

Mjcpr
2/1/2006, 02:48 PM
I keep telling myself I'm never looking at the urban dictionary again.

This time I mean it.

That was very strange.

Jimminy Crimson
2/1/2006, 03:15 PM
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/nfl/2000/0608/photo/s_steveyoung.jpg

Harry Beanbag
2/1/2006, 03:15 PM
Did you ask him back if he read Godel, Escher, & Bach?

I remember studying that in my spare time in college. Can't say I remember anything about it now though.

SoonerWood
2/1/2006, 03:44 PM
I remember studying that in my spare time in college. Can't say I remember anything about it now though.

Do Achilles, Tortoise and Crab Canon ring any bells?