PDA

View Full Version : Is There Really Any Difference In The 2 Political Parties?

FaninAma
1/30/2006, 05:18 PM
I say not only no but hell no.

Given the chance politicians from both parties, if unchecked, devolve into corrupt, greedy, wasteful leeches.

Both parties attract the same ineffective, inefficient, unmotivated, syncophatic opportunists that fill the massive beaurocracies at the local, state and federal levels.

Carry on.

SoonerInKCMO
1/30/2006, 05:20 PM
Someone had an extra bowl of 'Bitter Cynicflakes' this morning. ;)

Oldnslo
1/30/2006, 05:21 PM
Of course there's a difference.

You vote Democratic when you want to have sex scandals.

You vote Republican when you want to have financial scandals.

You're welcome.

yermom
1/30/2006, 05:23 PM
i have to say, the sex scandals bother me less

(of course the Clintons had a little of both, i guess)

TexasLidig8r
1/30/2006, 05:26 PM
The only difference is the special interest groups to which each party panders.

FaninAma
1/30/2006, 05:36 PM

You vote Democratic when you want to have sex scandals.

You vote Republican when you want to have financial scandals.

You're welcome.

Very astute.

I live in a one party county and it sucks because the local government officials are totally unresponsive and even hostile to any challenge of their "authority". They know they don't have to answer to anyone. The voter turnout is never above 25% for local elections and most of the voters are totally apathetic because they know it doesn't matter who they vote for. BTW, I live in the most GOP leaning county in Texas.

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 05:39 PM
Pretty much the same except for the "hot" issues:

Guns, Gays, Abortion, Capital Punishment, Health Care.

Those are the issues that make you vote D or R depending on your take. Unless, of course, you're a mindless buffoon who votes only because MTV told you to.

IBTT
1/30/2006, 05:39 PM
Holy ****. This is the mother load.

crawfish
1/30/2006, 05:40 PM

You vote Democratic when you want to get distracted by sex scandals.

You vote Republican when you want to get distracted by financial scandals.

You're welcome.

I fixed it for you. :)

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 05:40 PM
Holy ****. This is the mother load.

Meh. Not really.

OklahomaTuba
1/30/2006, 05:50 PM
One big difference, the biggest IMO...

Dimz don't seem to give two ****s about fighting terror. (repeal patriot act, end "domestic spying" on AQ, withdraw from war on terror, give terrorists the rights of US citizens, blame the US for 9/11, appease, cut'n run, etc)

Also, the banning of the public expression of religion, primarily the Christian religion, seems to be a big deal to them as well. Must be why the ACLU contributes so heavily to them as a group.

proud gonzo
1/30/2006, 05:51 PM
I just wanted to post in this thread before it gets too tubafied.

carry on.

Hatfield
1/30/2006, 05:52 PM
Meh. Not really.

see the post directly below yours.

you're welcome.

OklahomaTuba
1/30/2006, 05:55 PM
I just wanted to post in this thread before it gets too tubafied.

carry on.

:D

proud gonzo
1/30/2006, 06:01 PM

Dimz don't seem to give two ****s about fighting terror. (repeal patriot act, end "domestic spying" on AQ, withdraw from war on terror, give terrorists the rights of US citizens, blame the US for 9/11, appease, cut'n run, etc)

Also, the banning of the public expression of religion, primarily the Christian religion, seems to be a big deal to them as well. Must be why the ACLU contributes so heavily to them as a group.

WIDESPREAD GENERALIZATIONS!!!
SWEEPING ASSUMPTIONS!!!
UNJUSTIFIED CLAIMS!!!!
F*CK YEAH!!!

GottaHavePride
1/30/2006, 06:02 PM
Pretty much the same except for the "hot" issues:

Guns, Gays, Abortion, Capital Punishment, Health Care.

Those are the issues that make you vote D or R depending on your take. Unless, of course, you're a mindless buffoon who votes only because MTV told you to.

Yeah, but even then I would say that the parties are only opposing views on those issues as a way to keep score. Politics seems like it stopped being about what a person believes is best for the country a long time ago. Now it seems like a "my team is better than your team" game, and they have to have different views somewhere or they won't be able to tell who's "winning".

FaninAma
1/30/2006, 06:15 PM
The problem is that government, at all levels, has become too large and the representatives of the government most people deal with are the party apparatchiks who obtain appointed positions and who have no firm principles. These individuals identify themselves as Democrats if the Democrats are in power and as Republicans if the Republicans are in power.

JohnnyMack
1/30/2006, 06:40 PM

Complete and utter bull****. I for one am a liberal (I'm not a Democrat, just so ya know) and I'm all about the war on terror. I would have no problem *** raping Al Qaida into the ground, ****ing into their skulls and then turning their lairs into a sheet of glass. Not one problem would I have with that. Then, after it was all over we could carpet bomb the **** out of whatever microbe survived.

What I take issue with, and have always taken issue with is W's effort to link his invasion of Iraq with the Al Qaida terrorists who carried out 09/11. I do not believe there is a link between the two and would challenge you to show me the smoking gun.

If W would have fought against Al Qaida the way he went after Hussein, he'd have Bin Laden's head stuffed and mounted on the wall of the oval office by now.