PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother's Pizza

TUSooner
1/30/2006, 03:45 PM
This link may be so last month, but I just saw it today, so I'm posting it, OK?!?
Of course, you folks who don't mind random suspicionless urine and hair testing for evidence of illicit drug use probably wouldn't mind this stuff either.

http://www.aclu.org/pizza/images/screen.swf

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 03:49 PM
That's funny. Ridiculously over-the-top, but funny.

TUSooner
1/30/2006, 04:01 PM
Yeah it is kind-of funny.

But gradually, ever so gradually.....

NormanPride
1/30/2006, 04:09 PM
What's the saying about boiling a frog?

Really, I don't know.

TUSooner
1/30/2006, 04:29 PM
What's the saying about boiling a frog?

Really, I don't know.
There's an old folk warning that if you throw a frog in boiling water he will quickly jump out. But if you put a frog in a pan of cold water and raise the temperature ever so slowly, the gradual warming will make the frog doze happily . . . in fact, the frog will eventually cook to death, without ever waking up.

But it is literally true? Not according to Dr. Victor Hutchison, a Research Professor Emeritus from the University of Oklahoma's Department of Zoology [anybody know him?], whose research interests include "the physiological ecology of thermal relations of amphibians and reptiles [etc.]":

The legend is entirely incorrect! The 'critical thermal maxima' of many species of frogs have been determined by several investigators. In this procedure, the water in which a frog is submerged is heated gradually at about 2 degrees Fahrenheit per minute. As the temperature of the water is gradually increased, the frog will eventually become more and more active in attempts to escape the heated water. If the container size and opening allow the frog to jump out, it will do so.

But you get the point, today we give our phone number and they ask us if we want what we ordered last time.... Tomorrow, THE SKY WILL FALL!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 04:34 PM
I ain't skeered.

StoopTroup
1/30/2006, 04:35 PM
The tofu sticks are pretty good.

RacerX
1/30/2006, 05:03 PM
mmmmmm....froglegs