PDA

View Full Version : Correct Email Protocol

KABOOKIE
1/30/2006, 02:19 PM
What's considered good protocol when receiving an email that has mistakenly made it to your inbox? Working in a company that is one of many in the "enterprise", I get these emails from time to time;

Re: Hydraulic Actuator #45-XX-H100.

Team,
We've completed design verification testing and all procedures will be released later this week. I expect to have the draft before lunch for release signatures.

Ted, (not my name but, apparent typing error in MS Outlook entered my name instead)
Can you take a look at the High/Low VDC, High/Low temperature, and side load performance testing? I assume you can do this today and report back when you've entered the data in the test notebook.

The above two items MUST be completed before any further testing.

SN007 is currently being assembled.

Thanks for your help!!!
The Boss.

Now, do I respond back and say;

1) You got the wrong feller.....
2) Yeah, I'll get right on it!
3) Look you dumb****!!!! For the umpteenth time STOP EMAILING ME!!!

How do you guys handle these types of emails?

Scott D
1/30/2006, 02:19 PM
I forward them to you.

Ike
1/30/2006, 02:22 PM
I reply that I can't perform those tests because we are fresh out of flux capacitors, and while an order has been placed, that product typically has a 6 week lead time.

Beef
1/30/2006, 02:24 PM
I hit the report bad post button.

Sooner_Bob
1/30/2006, 02:25 PM
I've given up trying to get people to drop me off of internal email lists. After about the 10th time of telling them that I no longer work in their area it became pointless.

MojoRisen
1/30/2006, 02:30 PM
Give him a heads up it didn't where it was supposed too- on the other hand if you need any Load Runner Testers at your company let me know,

GrapevineSooner
1/30/2006, 02:54 PM
If it's the first time, simply forward it to the appropriate recipient.

If it's happened multiple times, kindly send a note to the sender letting them know that this email inadvertently found it's way to your inbox.

Resort to option 3 if you've already tried this strategy in vain.