PDA

View Full Version : Things that show up in your dreams

royalfan5
1/30/2006, 12:55 PM
I had a dream last night that included me stopping in a self-service McDonalds. Do other people have weird things like self-serve McDonalds show up in your dreams on a regular basis?

Mjcpr
1/30/2006, 12:59 PM
Teeth falling out.

royalfan5
1/30/2006, 01:00 PM
Teeth falling out.
I read once that teeth falling out and crumbling in dreams signal sexual frustration.

IronSooner
1/30/2006, 01:00 PM
My bike showed up locked to a balcony similar to, but not mine. One of my old college professors was in the same dream. Completely random.

Mjcpr
1/30/2006, 01:02 PM
I read once that teeth falling out and crumbling in dreams signal sexual frustration.

See if I try to help out one of your sad threads again.

:D

critical_phil
1/30/2006, 01:08 PM
the convertible jag-camino shows up at least once/month.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43914&highlight=jaguar

VeeJay
1/30/2006, 01:14 PM
When I was a little kid I kept dreaming I was in a loud factory on the floor and my first grade classmates and teacher were way up, three or four floors above me, leaving me. I'd be begging them not to leave me and would wake up shouting.

MamaMia
1/30/2006, 01:14 PM
I too had a wierd dream last night. I dreamed I was at the river fishing for trout and listening to Toby Keith. Off in the distance there was girl with crimson hair chasing off a coyote and a wild hog. I didnt catch anything because some guy wearing a purple shirt with a grey pin striped suit was playing with a radio controlled truck, so we went to Billy Simms for a sandwich.

Pricetag
1/30/2006, 01:15 PM
If I ever happen to look up into the sky and see a plane during a dream, it always crashes.

yermom
1/30/2006, 01:17 PM
Teeth falling out.

those dreams succ

picasso
1/30/2006, 01:22 PM
I taught at my old high school in a dream the other morning. I was helping an old buddy of mine teach the class who in real life he's a member of the school board.
There was a group 5 girls who said they needed to go to the principal's office (old trick to go goof off). We let 'em go but I told my buddy after 5 minutes they were in big time trouble. They never came back of course.
Also, a in recent dream I saw an old artist friend of mine jogging along side the highway near an exit to my new pad. Of course it was in the desert.:confused:

KABOOKIE
1/30/2006, 01:36 PM
I can't read any text in my dreams. it doesn't matter how close I put the book, paper, etc... to my nose it all looks like a jumble mess of letters. I've even had dreams where I recognized this fact. Oddly though if the text is Russian I can translate it.

soonerscuba
1/30/2006, 01:41 PM
My dreams are not board appropriate.

Flagstaffsooner
1/30/2006, 01:52 PM
I always have tornado dreams before a good OU season.

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 02:59 PM
I have taken several "dream therapy" courses. I have done extensive research on dreams, and what they "mean." I can tell you about Incubus Nightmares, REM sleep, when/how often we dream (everybody dreams BTW, even you people who claim to never dream), tell you about flying in your dreams, sexual dreams, dreams where you can't breath, dreams where you feel like you're running in quicksand, dreams where you show up at school/work/church in your undies - or less, and even how to control your dreams.

If you're having an especially good dream, you can actually go back to sleep and finish the dream.

And a little PSA: If you're ever having sex with your brother's wife or sister's husband or anybody else that's "taboo" my advice is to rock on. The sex will always be better than in real life, and you won't get in trouble.

KABOOKIE
1/30/2006, 03:03 PM
And a little PSA: If you're ever having sex with your brother's wife or sister's husband or anybody else that's "taboo" my advice is to rock on. The sex will always be better than in real life, and you won't get in trouble.

You dream about your sister's husband? :D

Howzit
1/30/2006, 03:06 PM
tell you about flying in your dreams

Tell me what those mean and I'll tell if I have them, like, all the time.

JohnnyMack
1/30/2006, 03:08 PM
You dream about your sister's husband? :D

We don't call him Brokeback for nothin'.

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 03:17 PM
Tell me what those mean and I'll tell if I have them, like, all the time.

Higher intelligence, and a sense of imagination that has not been ruined/degraded by your perception of "reality."

Mjcpr
1/30/2006, 03:18 PM
Higher intelligence, and a sense of imagination that has not been ruined/degraded by your perception of "reality."
Nope, he's never had one.

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 03:19 PM
We don't call him Brokeback for nothin'.

Heh. And next time when you're blowing me, ease up on the suction. I had a sexual dream, and one where I couldn't breath - simultaneously - cause you were sucking the life outta me through my ernie. Ease up Mr. Hoover.

soonerbrat
1/30/2006, 03:20 PM
Teeth falling out.

i think that happens when you grind your teeth at night

do you get headaches? you should get a night guard

Howzit
1/30/2006, 03:22 PM

Yep. All the time.

NormanPride
1/30/2006, 03:23 PM

Man, I never get those. I always die, and not the kind where you wake up just as you do. No, I die and then sit there thinking "this sucks".

Oh, btw, being crushed by boulders was the most painful way to die, evar. But drowning was the most scary. I'd have to say getting shot was okay. And at least I got to fight back a bit when I was stabbed... I'm sorry, was that tmi?

Viking Kitten

I thought it signaled lack of control. In any case, I am either extremely frustrated or completely out of control because I have the crumbling teeth dream like four nights a week.

soonerbrat
I have taken several "dream therapy" courses. I have done extensive research on dreams, and what they "mean." I can tell you about Incubus Nightmares, REM sleep, when/how often we dream (everybody dreams BTW, even you people who claim to never dream), tell you about flying in your dreams, sexual dreams, dreams where you can't breath, dreams where you feel like you're running in quicksand, dreams where you show up at school/work/church in your undies - or less, and even how to control your dreams.

If you're having an especially good dream, you can actually go back to sleep and finish the dream.

I dreamed my ex husband gave me a hug and i got a rash with boils afterward...can you analyze that for me?

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 03:29 PM
I dreamed my ex husband gave me a hug and i got a rash with boils afterward...can you analyze that for me?

Uh that was no dream missy. They've got antibiotics for it though.

KABOOKIE
1/30/2006, 03:30 PM
You guys ever have those dreams where you wake up and your underoos are all soaked but the bed isn't. It's kinda like you pee'd your bed but, didn't. Huh. Weird.

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 03:31 PM
I thought it signaled lack of control. In any case, I am either extremely frustrated or completely out of control because I have the crumbling teeth dream like four nights a week.

Self-esteem issues. Also, if you're kind of choking/gagging on the pieces of "teeth" it can actually signal some health issues. Maybe sleep apnea.

soonerbrat
1/30/2006, 03:31 PM
i'm being serious..i really dreamed that

does it mean he's toxic to me? or what?

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 03:34 PM
i'm being serious..i really dreamed that

does it mean he's toxic to me? or what?

I'd have to know a lot more about the whole dream. Also, what's your history of dreams involving him? One dream of a hug and boils doesn't really tell me much.

Mjcpr
1/30/2006, 03:35 PM
One of the last things I would've expected Dean to be would be a "dream interpreter".

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 03:41 PM
One of the last things I would've expected Dean to be would be a "dream interpreter".

I dreamed you were a crappy little golfer who chainsmokes. I was right, huh?

Pricetag
1/30/2006, 03:42 PM
I must be a little bit of that stuff, then. I have dreams where I fly, but it's more like jumping, but hanging in the air. After that, I'm able to kinda swim around. It's not as exciting as the real thing, but it's nothing to sneeze at, either.

Penguin
1/30/2006, 03:43 PM
I dream about my teeth falling out all of the time. I also dream that I levitate, but not really flying. I'll just be walking down a sidewalk and decide to kick off the ground and float down the street. I'm usually floating about 6 feet off the ground and I need to grab a lightpost or something to get back on the ground.

All the while I'm spitting out my loose teeth.

NormanPride
So, uh... what about the dying? That's not good, right? At least I don't get that as much any more...

Mjcpr
I dreamed you were a crappy little golfer who chainsmokes. I was right, huh?

You suck at interpreting....I quit smoking.

:D

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 03:44 PM
So, uh... what about the dying? That's not good, right? At least I don't get that as much any more...

Dude, you're pretty much just ****ed.

NormanPride
1/30/2006, 03:47 PM
Dude, you're pretty much just ****ed.

:mad: I suck at life.

Viking Kitten
1/30/2006, 03:47 PM
Self-esteem issues. Also, if you're kind of choking/gagging on the pieces of "teeth" it can actually signal some health issues. Maybe sleep apnea.

No choking or gagging. (Watch your smart-*** tongue, Mjcpr.)

Usually, in the dreams, I am chewing gum, and the gum is sticking to my teeth really bad, and when I try to pry the gum out of my teeth, my teeth come right out with the gum. I almost never chew gum in real life because this dream makes me so nervous. In fact, sometimes I dream I am awake and afraid to chew gum because of the dream, but in my dream I say, "oh that's only a dream," and then I chew the gum, then there go the teeth.

Is that self esteem issues or am I just really wierd?

soonerbrat
1/30/2006, 03:50 PM

Usually, in the dreams, I am chewing gum, and the gum is sticking to my teeth really bad, and when I try to pry the gum out of my teeth, my teeth come right out with the gum. I almost never chew gum in real life because this dream makes me so nervous. In fact, sometimes I dream I am awake and afraid to chew gum because of the dream, but in my dream I say, "oh that's only a dream," and then I chew the gum, then there go the teeth.

they may not be mutually exclusive :D

Mjcpr
1/30/2006, 03:50 PM

Has Czar ever considred becoming a Judge?

Oldnslo
1/30/2006, 04:03 PM
I've dreamed that I woke up and started my day.

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 04:05 PM

Uh, yes?

Seriously, lots of people have teeth-crumbling dreams. Also, dreams where they've got a mouthful of chewing tobacco that they can't seem to get out no matter how hard they try. My advice? Tell yourself "there's lots of people with no teeth. They've got implants. Ain't no biggy. Besides, the implants will be straighter, whiter, etc. When you accept that losing your teeth isn't anything to worry about, you'll stop dreaming about it. Besides, Czar might dig it......:mack:

Fish
1/30/2006, 04:21 PM
last night I dreamt that I had gotten a ticket for pulling money out of the storm drain, then for checking my mail, and then the cops were following me everywhere just to write more tickets and to arrest me for mail fraud...kind woke up ****ed at the man after that!

soonerbrat
1/30/2006, 04:23 PM
i heard the teeth crumbling thing was related to teeth grinding

i have those dreams a lot, but not so much since i got my braces off.

Viking Kitten
1/30/2006, 04:40 PM
i heard the teeth crumbling thing was related to teeth grinding

i have those dreams a lot, but not so much since i got my braces off.

Yep. I grind. Loudly. Czar will attest to that.

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 04:42 PM

Poor bastage. Do we call him "Czar Bobbit" now?

soonerbrat
1/30/2006, 04:42 PM

you should get a night guard from your dentist.

it will change your life!

IB4OU2
1/30/2006, 05:10 PM
Wierd, I keep having dreams where I'm chewing Terri Hatcher....:eek:

picasso
1/30/2006, 05:17 PM
last night I dreamt that I had gotten a ticket for pulling money out of the storm drain, then for checking my mail, and then the cops were following me everywhere just to write more tickets and to arrest me for mail fraud...kind woke up ****ed at the man after that!
you're a terrorist aren't you?;)

how about dreams you have that are repeating? I've had many like that, and I'm not talking dirty ones.

FaninAma
1/30/2006, 05:28 PM
I have a recurring dream where I am back in high school although I am aware I have already graduated high school, college and medical school. And I keep missing classes because I can't remember where they are or what time they're at. And I keep asking myself "Why am I here?"

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 05:32 PM
I have a recurring dream where I am back in high school although I am aware I have already graduated high school, college and medical school. And I keep missing classes because I can't remember where they are or what time they're at. And I keep asking myself "Why am I here?"

This is the fourth and final sign of closet homosexuality.:eddie: