PDA

View Full Version : Senator Sheehan?

VeeJay
1/30/2006, 10:52 AM
I said tongue-in-cheek right here on this board last summer that it looked like Cindy of Camp Casey was settin' up for a U.S. Senate run.

Damn, I wish I could call lottery numbers:

Put her on the Armed Services Committee! (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=1553463&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312)

soonerscuba
1/30/2006, 10:57 AM
You've got Pat Robertson, we have Cindy Sheehan, c'est la vie.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/30/2006, 11:12 AM
You've got Pat Robertson, we have Cindy Sheehan,Teddy Kennedy, Howard the duck, Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, Barbara Boxer, Patrick Leahy, Joe Biden, Michael Moore, George Soros, Edward Asner, Alec Baldwin, B.S. Streisand,Molly Ivins, Katy Kouric, David Letterman, Jon Stewart, Harry Belafonte,Harry Reid, ad nauseum. c'est la vie.Fixed

soonerscuba
1/30/2006, 11:18 AM
Fixed

How is being so very, very clever working out for you? I could make a list of Republicans from the Congress which your party controls and the media, but it would be kinda stupid and hallow, which is totally unlike yours. That is really, really clever, I mean I expect this out of you on a consistent basis. But this time, you've outdone yourself.

VeeJay
1/30/2006, 11:36 AM
"We" have Pat Robertson?

Thanks, for a second there, I thought he was a looney.

JohnnyMack
1/30/2006, 11:37 AM
How is being so very, very clever working out for you? I could make a list of Republicans from the Congress which your party controls and the media, but it would be kinda stupid and hallow, which is totally unlike yours. That is really, really clever, I mean I expect this out of you on a consistent basis. But this time, you've outdone yourself.

Heh.

Scott D
1/30/2006, 11:44 AM
If this isn't a true impetus for revolution in this country, nothing ever will...and that would make me very very sad.

soonerscuba
1/30/2006, 11:45 AM
"We" have Pat Robertson?

Thanks, for a second there, I thought he was a looney.

Sorry, anytime I see someone slamming Sheehan I assume that it is a Republican. Although Democrats should join the action too, because she is bat**** crazy and hurting the party, annonying voice to boot.

1/30/2006, 11:50 AM
How is being so very, very clever working out for you? I could make a list of Republicans from the Congress which your party controls and the media, but it would be kinda stupid and hallow, which is totally unlike yours. That is really, really clever, I mean I expect this out of you on a consistent basis. But this time, you've outdone yourself.Glad you like it.

1/30/2006, 12:03 PM
Sorry, anytime I see someone slamming Sheehan I assume that it is a Republican. Although Democrats should join the action too, because she is bat**** crazy and hurting the party, annonying voice to boot.Agreement here. But, most of those other people I named aren't so far behind her, esp. Belafonte, Streisand, Ivins, and more. Most conservatives, I think, would agree that Pat Robertson is a head case. I think Alan Keys probably is, too. I can't name any others. I don't consider John McCain and Pat Buchanan very conservative; many conservatives have major issues with both those guys.

OklahomaTuba
1/30/2006, 12:50 PM
Oh please make this happen, oh please make this happen, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OklahomaTuba
1/30/2006, 12:54 PM
And even better, seems Howard Scream has spent all the dimz cash.

Those code pinko "I hate the USA" t-shirts must be expensive to hand out to people.

DEAN UNDER FIRE FROM PARTY DEMS; NEARLY ALL CASH SPENT
Mon Jan 30 2006 10:52:31 ET

Democratic leaders on Capitol Hill are privately bristling over Howard Dean’s management of the Democratic National Committee and have made those sentiments clear after new fundraising numbers showed he has spent nearly all the committee’s cash and has little left to support their efforts to gain seats this cycle, ROLL CALL reports.

Congressional leaders were furious last week when they learned the DNC has just $5.5 million in the bank, compared to the Republican National Committee’s $34 million.

Senate and House Minority Leaders Harry Reid (Nev.) and Nancy Pelosi (Calif.), along with the Senate and House campaign committee chairmen Charles Schumer (N.Y.) and Rahm Emanuel (Ill.), have made their concerns -- directly or indirectly -- known to Dean, claims the paper.

Emanuel was particularly upset last week upon seeing the latest DNC numbers.

“A lot of people are scratching their heads as to what’s going on,” said one senior Democratic aide.

Another Democratic source familiar with the party fundraising apparatus said there is “obvious displeasure” among the leaders.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashhd.htm

VeeJay
1/30/2006, 01:08 PM
Sorry, anytime I see someone slamming Sheehan I assume that it is a Republican. Although Democrats should join the action too, because she is bat**** crazy and hurting the party, annonying voice to boot.

I am actually a Republican (even though I'll vote for Bill Neslon against Katherine Harris in FL), but more importantly, I'm a little more to the center than most registered Republicans. Whatever the center is.

I still think Pat's an embarassment, whoever he professes to speak for or take instructions from.

1/30/2006, 01:14 PM
I am actually a Republican (even though I'll vote for Bill Neslon against Katherine Harris in FL), but more importantly, I'm a little more to the center than most registered Republicans. Whatever the center is.

I still think Pat's an embarassment, whoever he professes to speak for or take instructions from.Go ahead and vote for Bill Neslon(clever enough for ya?) Which Pat is the biggest embarrassment?

VeeJay
1/30/2006, 01:28 PM
Sorry - Nelson.

soonerscuba
1/30/2006, 01:35 PM
She won't make it through a primary, the incumbency rate in Congress sits at about 90% overall, and goes above that against incumbent challenges, thus making her chances in a primary, at most 10%, probably more like 2-3%.

Tear Down This Wall
1/30/2006, 02:30 PM
It's always good for the idiots to run so they can see how few people truly support their whack ideas. Cindy Sheehan is nothing more than another David Duke - too extreme to win a major election for a national position.

JohnnyMack
1/30/2006, 02:37 PM
I can't name any others.

Tom DeLay is really making you look good. As is Abramoff.

But in all fairness they're not really whack jobs as much as they are out and out scumbags.

soonerscuba
1/30/2006, 02:45 PM
Uh, Tom DeLay is pretty damn wacky, but the king of power vested unto the insane, is hands down, without a doubt, no contest John Ashcroft. I didn't like his work in DOJ, but it wasn't his work that was out and out crazy so much as his general creepiness. I mean for God's sake he lost an election to a corpse... in Missouri.

GrapevineSooner
1/30/2006, 02:50 PM

But in all fairness they're not really whack jobs as much as they are out and out scumbags.
If Delay's found guilty, I'll push for his ouster. Same goes for any Congressmen who took illegal quid pro quid favors from Abramoff.

John Ashcroft. I didn't like his work in DOJ, but it wasn't his work that was out and out crazy so much as his general creepiness. I mean for God's sake he lost an election to a corpse... in Missouri.
Are you suggesting the voters in Missouri weren't smart enough to figure out that a vote for Mel Carnahan was actually a vote for his widow?

GrapevineSooner
1/30/2006, 02:52 PM
And getting back to the point in hand, the Republican in me would love to see her not only run but actually win the Democratic nomination. The pro-two strong party system in me would probably cry, however, as it would allow the Republican party to remain the big-government Republican party that it is today.

NormanPride
1/30/2006, 03:08 PM
This just in: Most politicians are pretty crazy and/or corrupt. Thank you.

;)

1/30/2006, 03:36 PM

But in all fairness they're not really whack jobs as much as they are out and out scumbags.:D De Lay is the scumbag that drives the dims cuckoo, because he deals with them the way they have always dealt with republicans-HARD BALL. the repubs should have known better than to adopt a policy of resigning leadership positions if indicted. Judge Ronnie Earl was determined to indict DeLay to get him out of the Majority Leader job.
Abramoff has apparently given money to both the dims and the repubs. The mainstream media is aggressively downplaying that fact. I still maintain that Pat Robertson and Alan Keys are the only 2 widely known and outspoken republicans that are whacked out comparable to SO many dims.

BoomerJack
1/30/2006, 03:47 PM
Sorry Tuba. The only way Sheehan is gonna get the Dem. nomination in Calif. is if a lot Repubs. cross over and vote for her in the primary.

She'd have a better chance getting Feinstein out by running as an independent or on some third party party candidancy.

OklahomaTuba
1/30/2006, 03:48 PM
Remember when the #2 Dim in the senate compared some military people to nazis and soviets on the Senate floor??

Or when the guy in charge of the dim party said Bush might have known about 9/11 before it happening?

Thats pretty wacked out.

OklahomaTuba
1/30/2006, 03:52 PM
Sorry Tuba. The only way Sheehan is gonna get the Dem. nomination in Calif. is if a lot Repubs. cross over and vote for her in the primary.

She'd have a better chance getting Feinstein out by running as an independent or on some third party party candidancy.

I think it will cause an even larger rift in that party to tell you the truth.

The leftist wackos are fast becoming the base of the dims, leaving out the middle.

People are crazy if they think Soros and the facist left won't get behind this woman.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/30/2006, 04:03 PM
Pat Robertson = Oral Roberts = Loony as Hell!

"Cinder Calhoun" Sheehan = Hope she runs and gets herself b-slap by Boxer! A high-status Demo Kalifornia family will not suffer this ego-trip flower-babe in the election process. If Cinder thinks she has friends now, just wait to see what they do when she confronts Boxing Barbara. It won't be pretty! Maybe ole Hugo will give her sanctuary and make her a Venezuela citizen after the embarrassment she will get...

1/30/2006, 04:18 PM

She'd have a better chance getting Feinstein out by running as an independent or on some third party party candidancy. The dims are keenly aware that a leftist running as a third party candidate is one that is scorned by the media. They will do everthing possible to deter Sheehan from running on a third party ticket. Look at the Ralph Nader experience. In addition, the republican would have to be a pretty strong candidate to be able to get past Feinstein.

Scott D
1/30/2006, 05:04 PM
Remember when the #2 Dim in the senate compared some military people to nazis and soviets on the Senate floor??

Or when the guy in charge of the dim party said Bush might have known about 9/11 before it happening?

Thats pretty wacked out.

Remember that time when Tuba was informative in a politically charged thread?

Me either.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/30/2006, 05:28 PM
I like how Abramoff is a Republican now...last time I checked, he was playing both sides of the fence Abramoff is what I like to call a Money supporter

soonerscuba
1/30/2006, 06:34 PM
I like how Abramoff is a Republican now...last time I checked, he was playing both sides of the fence Abramoff is what I like to call a Money supporter

True, but when he takes down the House Majority leader with him, it's human nature as to where the chips are gonna fall.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/30/2006, 06:46 PM
Anybody that didn't know Delay was shady is either crazy or wearing some incredibly tinted Tuba Shaded glasses. That fool has been accused to stuff more than Michael Jackson and after a while, you are going to start believing it. Tom would support abortion if I gave him enough money....ole Delay isn't what I would consider a Republican...he is ever crazier than the crazy Republicans. Sheehan and Dean are crazier than the Crazy Democrats though as well....both sides have em

1/30/2006, 06:59 PM
Anybody that didn't know Delay was shady is either crazy or wearing some incredibly tinted Tuba Shaded glasses. That fool has been accused to stuff more than Michael Jackson and after a while, you are going to start believing it. Tom would support abortion if I gave him enough money....ole Delay isn't what I would consider a Republican...he is ever crazier than the crazy Republicans. Sheehan and Dean are crazier than the Crazy Democrats though as well....both sides have em:) I reiterate post #23

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/30/2006, 07:06 PM
You honestly think that Delay isn't a shady SOB???

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/30/2006, 07:13 PM
http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_DeLay

Now that webpage shouldn't have a political affiliation....You can read all about how Tom Delay has never been involved in anything shady...

SoonerProphet
1/30/2006, 07:19 PM
I am also wondering how Pat Buchanan isn't considered conservative either.

soonerscuba
1/30/2006, 07:24 PM
:) I reiterate post #23
From a historical prospective regarding leadership positions in turmoil, you're, well...wrong, but it isn't exactly intuitive as to why.

Leaders in a scandal are rarely removed by the opposition party, they are removed by their own. Take for example Bill Clinton, while he was being taken to task by Ken Starr, he (and the Dems) knew that he was popular among the people and that the Senate didn't have the cajones to convict him, and this was even evidenced by an electoral backlash as the Dems maintained in the 98 elections. Further, the Dems rode the anti-Clinton backlash into a majority (with a bit of luck from Jeffords) in the Senate in 2000. As you can see the Democrats weren't going to change horses mid-stream because they knew Ken Starr didn't have legs among the voting public.

Tom DeLay on the other hand was dangerous to the party, he was polling at 55% against "Candidate B" in his district, which for DeLay is dismal. And the voting public didn't like what the saw, here come more than eager fellow Republicans looking to make a name for themselves on the "reform" platform. I would bet all the money I have that DeLay was quietly asked to step down, or he himself realized that he wasn't walking out of this one without scars and did his party a favor.

Note, there might be some of you who actually believe it when politicians say they don't look at polls, they go on principle. I have some lovely beach property near Ada I can get you on the cheap.

1/30/2006, 07:29 PM
You honestly think that Delay isn't a shady SOB???Yes. You pay attention to too many dims, and believe me, they hate him with a passion, because he's very effective at squelching them, and beating them. He is /was one of their biggest targets, after the administration. They found a way to get him out of his leadership position-just indict him, and stall out the legal proceedings. It worked. I will be quite surprised if he really is found guilty of anything serious.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/30/2006, 07:39 PM
So Michael Jackson has never been convicted of child molesting...do you think he hasn't?

Okla-homey
1/30/2006, 07:42 PM
Sheehan = whack-job

Additionally, she's not attractive, and really unattractive wimmins generally can't be elected to prominent federal offices anymore. Nor can bald guys or guys who look like Steve Forbes. :eek: Not saying its fair or anything, but that's kinda where we've come to in terms of important "elect-ability" qualities

IMHO, the last fugly woman elected to an important federal position was the late Bella Abzug, and those were in the days before color TV.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9441/bella2503fu.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

1/30/2006, 07:45 PM
So Michael Jackson has never been convicted of child molesting...do you think he hasn't? Do you think that bringing charges against someone is always done honestly? Do you think someone is automatically guilty if he is charged?

soonerscuba
1/30/2006, 07:46 PM
OJ!

I just wanted to be the first.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/30/2006, 08:18 PM
I think once or maybe even twice....but after 90 times and then Abramoff now...do you honestly think they have tried 90 times :P

BoomerJack
1/31/2006, 12:55 AM
Yes. You pay attention to too many dims, and believe me, they hate him with a passion, because he's very effective at squelching them, and beating them. He is /was one of their biggest targets, after the administration. They found a way to get him out of his leadership position-just indict him, and stall out the legal proceedings. It worked. I will be quite surprised if he really is found guilty of anything serious.

Before Delay was indicted by the Travis County Texas DA, the Repubs in the US House decided to change rules to allow any member of their leadership to stay in that position after they were indicted. That caused a big stink because the Repubs were the ones that initiated such rules after their takeover of the House in 1994, I believe. (It might have even been before that right after Jim Wright, who was a majority leader for the Dems was indicted in the 1980's.) The instigators of that rule change felt the blowback, rescinded the change and encouraged Delay to formally step aside as House Majority leader. You might say they flip flopped or succumbed to public opinion.

But I do agree with you. I don't think the charges Delay is gonna be convicted of the charges he's facing in Texas. If he gets convicted of anything, it'll be from some yet to be named federal charges arising from all this crap with Abramoff. And I think the chances of that are pretty slim.

1/31/2006, 01:05 AM
I think once or maybe even twice....but after 90 times and then Abramoff now...do you honestly think they have tried 90 times :PYes, their persistence paid off. He might come back, but for now they got rid of him.

usmc-sooner
1/31/2006, 01:22 AM
I honestly wish people on both sides would call BS on their own. Right now politics is more of a bash the guy on the other side. As a Marine Veteran I'm proud to support President Bush. I've served under two Presidents and my honest to God evaluation is Bush was much better.

This is not to say I'd vote Rep over Dem just to tow the party line. Do you guys actually believe I'd support a man, if I thought he was sending out my fellow Marines for some BS purpose?

BoomerJack
1/31/2006, 01:25 AM
To which Bush are you referring? 41 or 43??

usmc-sooner
1/31/2006, 01:37 AM
I served under President Clinton then President Bush

SicEmBaylor
1/31/2006, 01:54 AM
Cindy Sheehan is often inappropriately portrayed as a previously apolitical mother who was inspired by her son's death to become politically active and oppose a war she believes to be unjust to save the lives of American troops. All of which is utter and complete crap. Cindy Sheehan has been an activist for various leftist causes most of her life. She never supported the war or President Bush even before the war started or before her son died.

Now, I can't begin to imagine what it is like for a parent to lose a child in war but I do come from a military family and I would consider it a disgrace to my family's name to have anyone behave the way that Cindy Sheehan has.

I don't understand anyone who has sat down and listend to this woman speak for more than 5 minutes could possibly admire anything about her except be disgusted.

And let me tell you all. Baylor is only a few miles from the President's ranch and I do some volunteering in Crawford when the President is in town and twice went up there during the whole Cindy Sheehan camp-out stunt. Never in my life have I encountered a greater number of social rejects, foul smelling bohemians, and assorted pond scum. They even outdid a day on UT's campus which is impressive.

A little image management and message refinement could go a long way to at least making them appear somewhat more legitimate.

VeeJay
1/31/2006, 09:13 AM
Interesting, Baylor. I fully imagined that as Cindy's little campground mushroomed - er - festered - into something worthy of the CNN news trucks, there'd be a carnival atmosphere taking hold with tie dyed t-shirts for sale, leftie entrepreneurs peddling wife beater "Che Revolucion" logo shirts, rumors of Al Franken being spotted in town, maybe even Starbucks setting up a mobile unit to dispense complimentary lattes to the weary troops.

I'm not sure if that ever happened, but your description sounds exactly what I would have imagined.