PDA

View Full Version : DeMarcus Granger - last years #1 DT

Since71ASooner4Life
1/29/2006, 11:15 PM
Sad to say that living hear in Detroit I don't get to catch too many Sooner games unless they are highly rated and on Nationally televised games. This year I only got to see one game. It's awaful - I've sat in front of my PC hitting the refresh button to "watch" the play-by-play results electronically many times!

I was just looking over defensive statistics from last season, and didn't see Demarcus Granger having recorded a single tackle, so I'm wondering if he was injured and didn't play at all, and I didn't even know it? I thought I had read comments somewhere that he played well this year, but having recorded zero tackles doesn't sound like I heard correctly!

Someone please fill me in .... thanks in advance

NickZeppelin
1/29/2006, 11:17 PM
He came in hurt and redshirted. He'll have a shot at starting next year.

Since71ASooner4Life
1/29/2006, 11:20 PM
Nick,

Can you tell me what type of injury, is 100% recovery expected, etc ... ?

stoopified
1/30/2006, 12:59 AM
Nick, where you at?I'd like the answer too.

NickZeppelin
1/30/2006, 01:08 AM
Blood clot in his leg. He couldn't run for 5 or 6 weeks early in the year. He came in overweight 350+ lbs but has worked hard from day one and is in good shape now He's around 310 now. It'll be between him Bennett and if we get McCoy for the DT spot opposite Pendelton

jreed13
1/30/2006, 01:14 AM
I would love to see a team try to run up the middle on McCoy and Granger....

CatfishSooner
1/30/2006, 11:51 AM
i think they will be go outside...

Seamus
1/30/2006, 12:07 PM
I think they'll have little choice. But we will have excellent speed to the corners, and running on this defense will be very difficult.

I'm hoping Granger and McCoy can consistently collapse the pocket.

NickZeppelin
1/30/2006, 12:17 PM
I think we'll see Pendelton in there more then we'll see Granger and McCoy on the line at the same time. Pendelton is a very good talent and will be a 3 year starter.

starclassic tama
1/30/2006, 12:46 PM
wait i haven't been on the boards in awhile, did mccoy commit?

sooneron
1/30/2006, 12:53 PM
Sad to say that living hear in Detroit I don't get to catch too many Sooner games unless they are highly rated and on Nationally televised games. This year I only got to see one game. It's awaful - I've sat in front of my PC hitting the refresh button to "watch" the play-by-play results electronically many times!

I was just looking over defensive statistics from last season, and didn't see Demarcus Granger having recorded a single tackle, so I'm wondering if he was injured and didn't play at all, and I didn't even know it? I thought I had read comments somewhere that he played well this year, but having recorded zero tackles doesn't sound like I heard correctly!

Someone please fill me in .... thanks in advance
Dood, it's called a sports bar and they have MANY Sooner games on Saturday. I don't think that I missed a single OU game in NYC.

boomersooner28
1/30/2006, 01:25 PM
wait i haven't been on the boards in awhile, did mccoy commit?

not YET! :)

MojoRisen
1/30/2006, 01:51 PM
WE can rotate them the entire game and be fresh every single play it will be absolutely sick what we can do with that. They can all get substantial PT and we can be aggressive on every play- no breaks...

Scott D
1/30/2006, 02:10 PM
Dood, it's called a sports bar and they have MANY Sooner games on Saturday. I don't think that I missed a single OU game in NYC.

trust me...if they can find any excuse to show a big-10/11 game instead of anything else in sports bars up here they do it.

Ruuuuuufus
1/30/2006, 04:25 PM
Reportedly halfway through the year Granger had made enough strides that the coaches were thinking seriously about pulling his redshirt. He really started to tear up the scout team in the 2nd half.

NickZeppelin
1/30/2006, 04:31 PM
Yep I think Granger and Pendelton probably start even if McCoy comes.

RedStripe
1/30/2006, 05:50 PM
The way we rotate the DT position we basically have 4 DT's starting. In crunch time we play the best 2.

Since71ASooner4Life
1/30/2006, 08:45 PM

Believe it or not, some of us Sooner Fans are tired old 45 year olds who work demanding jobs that have us away from our families every week flying around the country (and the world) visiting customers. And some of us tired old people waited until we were too old to have children (mine are 5 and 7), which when young, occasionally want attention when we return home on the weekend. Amazingly, that lifestyle doesn't lend itself to spending too much time hanging in Sports Bars checking out the hotties - can you believe that?!!! I wasn't always the pathetic old guy that I've become .... believe it or not I was once a hip college student with long hair and an earring (even before they were cool) that got drunk and high at frat parties and then took girls home to my place for meaningful one night relationships!

OUGreg723
1/30/2006, 09:24 PM
Believe it or not, some of us Sooner Fans are tired old 45 year olds who work demanding jobs that have us away from our families every week flying around the country (and the world) visiting customers. And some of us tired old people waited until we were too old to have children (mine are 5 and 7), which when young, occasionally want attention when we return home on the weekend. Amazingly, that lifestyle doesn't lend itself to spending too much time hanging in Sports Bars checking out the hotties - can you believe that?!!! I wasn't always the pathetic old guy that I've become .... believe it or not I was once a hip college student with long hair and an earring (even before they were cool) that got drunk and high at frat parties and then took girls home to my place for meaningful one night relationships!

Whoooaaah....I hope I can be that cool some day!;)

MojoRisen
1/30/2006, 09:42 PM
People People, could someone kindly make a recomendation for Fox Sports Network Direct TV, All OU GAMES are on it, you may have to chunck another 125 year for ESPN package- figure it as one nice dinner for the kids and family.

sooneron
1/30/2006, 10:08 PM
What's wrong with taking the family if they serve food!?

TripleOption14
1/31/2006, 08:58 AM
People People, could someone kindly make a recomendation for Fox Sports Network Direct TV, All OU GAMES are on it, you may have to chunck another 125 year for ESPN package- figure it as one nice dinner for the kids and family.

EXACTLY!!! :) Trust me Directv is WELL worth the money! I've been able to see every OU game for the last 2 1/2 years. And unfortunately i live right in the heart of Big 10 country. Switch cable companies TODAY and you'll be happy you did when football time comes.

Seamus
1/31/2006, 09:55 AM

Rrrriiiiiiinnggg! ... It's Mrs. Since71ASooner4Life. She'd like a word with you ...

suncoastsooner7
1/31/2006, 10:34 AM
What's wrong with taking the family if they serve food!?

The two or three games a year I don't make it to (usually road games) I take my famiup to the sports bar to catch the game. Anywhere between 70-200 of us taking up the entire 2nd floor. The best part is that between my wife and the all the other Sooner wives up there I hardly have to hold my daughter... mainly so I don't scare leaving hell out of her as I am screaming profanities. :D

Since71ASooner4Life
1/31/2006, 03:32 PM
EXACTLY!!! :) Trust me Directv is WELL worth the money! I've been able to see every OU game for the last 2 1/2 years. And unfortunately i live right in the heart of Big 10 country. Switch cable companies TODAY and you'll be happy you did when football time comes.

I've got direct TV, but it looked like only one or maybe two Sooner games were televised last year. I thought they have a FOX Sports Southwest channel or another channel that televised Big 12 Games every week, but alternating which teams it showed. Are you seeing these OU games live? What channel? TIA

Since71ASooner4Life
1/31/2006, 03:52 PM
The two or three games a year I don't make it to (usually road games) I take my famiup to the sports bar to catch the game. Anywhere between 70-200 of us taking up the entire 2nd floor. The best part is that between my wife and the all the other Sooner wives up there I hardly have to hold my daughter... mainly so I don't scare leaving hell out of her as I am screaming profanities. :D

You know that family in church that nobody wants to sit next to because of the terrible behaving kids? You got it. Me being incommunicable/staring at a big screen TV (remember, I'm the goof that sits in front of my PC clicking reload on the browser to electronically watch updates) while my kids throw food and hassle the other guests isn't quite Mrs Since71ASooner4Life's idea of having fun. You being 25 years old, probably means you've got a well behaved young wife that still hasn't figured out that she doesn't have to hold the daughter all by herself. My 1967 model wife has it all figured out :rolleyes: that it's much easier to give me a hard time so that I'll help with the kids. :D Nope, even Sooner games aren't fun when she's breathing fire :mad::eek:

I think my best bet is to find the satellite broadcasts everyone else is talking about

Scott D
1/31/2006, 05:33 PM
I've got direct TV, but it looked like only one or maybe two Sooner games were televised last year. I thought they have a FOX Sports Southwest channel or another channel that televised Big 12 Games every week, but alternating which teams it showed. Are you seeing these OU games live? What channel? TIA

Sports Pack + NCAA Gameplan.

MojoRisen
2/1/2006, 10:02 AM

I got every game, ESPN package covered 11- I had to watch Baylor and KState on Fox Sports package- it has about 10 sports channels it is about 10 $ the espen package is 125.. So 135 for all the games if you have DTV- somewhere in that range.