PDA

View Full Version : Toby Keith

soonerhubs
1/29/2006, 10:01 PM
Does anyone know the best way to get Back Stage passes to any of his concerts? Perhaps a friend? Connection? Anything? I think it'd be cool to meet him.

(I suppose this will get the usual "Toby Keith is a redneck who's music sucks." comments, but I really don't care.)

OU-HSV
1/29/2006, 10:04 PM
I like Toby's music...the only problem with his newer CD, (Honkytonk U), is that a lot of the songs on it sound an awful lot alike,but it's still good. And I'm a big Toby fan :) .

Edit: Oh, and I'm no help as far as back stage tickets go. That would be pretty cool though.

GDC
1/29/2006, 10:08 PM
I don't care for his music, but I don't go out of my way to criticize what someone else likes, and obviously he has many fans. Plus, he's a Sooner supporter.

soonerhubs
1/29/2006, 10:08 PM
I figured we'd may see a few fans with connections on this board. But who knows... I'll let you know if I find any though.

I've not bought his newest CD. Just bought the I-tunes.

Czar Soonerov
1/29/2006, 10:11 PM
If I'm not mistaken, he posts here.

or so I'm told...

OklahomaTrombone
1/29/2006, 10:15 PM

or so I'm told...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=36527

?

GDC
1/29/2006, 10:16 PM

or so I'm told...

I've often wondered how many important or well-known Sooners post or at least lurk here, any others?

yermom
1/29/2006, 10:18 PM

or so I'm told...

we probably would get a few hits on the old vanity search...

oumartin
1/29/2006, 10:20 PM
Let me give him a shout and see what I can do ;)

OU-HSV
1/29/2006, 10:20 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=36527

?
Is that supposed to be Toby?

GottaHavePride
1/29/2006, 10:28 PM
Yeah. didn't you know Toby Keith founded Poser Gym? I hear he can get you a great deal on tires for your Ford truck, too.

OU-HSV
1/29/2006, 10:37 PM
Yeah. didn't you know Toby Keith founded Poser Gym? I hear he can get you a great deal on tires for your Ford truck, too.
Edit: I get it now, a little birdy told me Boarder doesn't like Toby.

soonerhubs
1/29/2006, 10:45 PM
Let me give him a shout and see what I can do ;)

I considered Just Peeming you... ;)

okienole3
1/29/2006, 11:19 PM
I have been back stage at a Toby concert. One of my friends from high school used to date one of Toby's daughters and he got us back. It was a who's who of Oklahoma back there. The King, Mike Stoops, Toby, the Governor, Steve Owens, etc... and my three friends and I. We refer to it as the night we got drunk with The King and "Coors Light" Henry. Great night....great night.

soonerhubs
1/29/2006, 11:26 PM
I have been back stage at a Toby concert. One of my friends from high school used to date one of Toby's daughters and he got us back. It was a who's who of Oklahoma back there. The King, Mike Stoops, Toby, the Governor, Steve Owens, etc... and my three friends and I. We refer to it as the night we got drunk with The King and "Coors Light" Henry. Great night....great night.
Wow...

Just... wow! That's too cool.

OU-HSV
1/30/2006, 08:45 AM
Awesome

okienole3
1/30/2006, 06:26 PM
It was pretty cool. I wish that we would have had a camera. I feel kind of bad because Toby's daughter broke up with our buddy shortly after that. I hope we weren't the cause.

On a side note, Mike Stoops wouldn't tell us where the beer was when we asked him.