PDA

View Full Version : Why do we score 82 against Texas

oumartin
1/29/2006, 11:58 AM
and then limp through other games at about 60pts?

Its just my take on it but when OU got down early it put a little urgency into getting back in the game. Gone was the set offense to work the ball in low against their sinking zone and They were taking the open shots that were allowed to them. be it a three or a 15footer. The pace was also a little quicker as well. Texas pushed the ball and OU pushed the ball. This got the crowd into the game as well. The crowd was never out of the game once OU scored its first basket. Of course the shots were falling and people can say the guards don't hit their threes most nights but I'll say this.
Last night there were taking three in rhythm and not taking contested threes with 4 on the shot clock.

Great win and I would love to see the trend continue.
If I bag on Kelvin for the losses I'll give him some credit for the style of play they played last night. I liked watching it.

BillyBall
1/29/2006, 12:01 PM
This was the first game that I've seen where this team played up to it's true ability. I realize that there have been injury issues throughout the season, but last night they looked REALLY good.

Frozen Sooner
1/29/2006, 12:04 PM
The offense looks a ****load better when the ball goes through the hoop.

BillyBall
1/29/2006, 12:08 PM
The intensity on both sides of the floor is what really impressed me. They didn't take that many possessions off as they knew it would bite them on the *** in the long run if they did. In previous games it seems that they felt that they could take possessions off and ultimately get away with it. They showed the intensity last night that I expect to see out of Kelvin Sampson coached teams.

josh09
1/29/2006, 02:00 PM
kelvin sampson said that the team has been working extra hard to get better in the past week. i think we are just BETTER. thats it.

SoonerObsession
1/29/2006, 02:05 PM
It's amazing what a team can do when they feel supported. I realize that we should beat Mizzouri on any court, but if we had a large and noisy crowd at that game we would have won. I wish I had the money and lived a little closer, so I could show my support.

BajaOklahoma
1/29/2006, 02:08 PM
I wish I had the money and lived a little closer, so I could show my support.

Me too.

MikeInNorman
1/29/2006, 02:10 PM
Because Chuck Long is in San Diego?

StoopTroup
1/29/2006, 02:11 PM
OU - 0

tu - 4

18:43 1st qtr.

What's this abOUt 82? ;)

MojoRisen
1/29/2006, 02:14 PM
We have solid Athletes, Guards played great..... We are better with Guard Play....

Truth be told that was a Huge/Must win for us, the last 4 games were and I believe we have now turned the coner and will expect to play at a high level....

Scoring 82 points was a product of Texas wanting to play uptempo and after every made basket they were down the court and must have scored 16 points or more before we actually even got back in transition.

Scoring 82 is fun~ That is all I want 70s-80s great Dfense and we are a force...

Big win for KELVIN and the boys- I like scoring 80- b/c 60 wouldn't have got it done!!!

StoopTroup
1/29/2006, 02:16 PM
Should we wear white the rest of the way?

GDC
1/29/2006, 02:32 PM
Why do we score 82 against Texas

and then limp through other games at about 60pts?

Michael Neal?

jthomasou78
1/29/2006, 05:08 PM
Thats what happens when you are healthy and get more comfertable with each other.

StoopTroup
1/29/2006, 06:37 PM
I think it was the white shirts.

josh09
1/29/2006, 06:54 PM
I think it was the white shirts.

me too, i wanna keep doing that at home games:D

GDC
1/29/2006, 07:29 PM
While trying to not sound like he was making excuses, Sampson has been pointing out all along this is a completely diffrent team with Neal.

GottaHavePride
1/29/2006, 10:04 PM
Should we wear white the rest of the way?

Hell yes. You could actually see fans in the stands and LNC didn't look like a cave.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/29/2006, 10:45 PM
i was curious about something so i went back and looked. with 13:39 left in the game we had 47 points.

usmc-sooner
1/29/2006, 11:50 PM
i was curious about something so i went back and looked. with 13:39 left in the game we had 47 points.

as long as you keep a play chart, and stay in contact with the coaches it's all good ............:D :D

NUSooner
1/30/2006, 01:30 AM
I realize that we should beat Mizzouri on any court, but if we had a large and noisy crowd at that game we would have won.

Maybe we would have, but I think to say we would have for sure is a stretch. We really were playing TERRIBLE then...it would have been fair to say after that game if the season ended then, we were NIT-bound. We didn't have our best shooter and really we weren't gelling. Missouri was playing their best basketball of the season, beating KU less than a week later.

The good news is, we would beat them now, because we have our best shooter, and we are also NCAA-bound now that Sampson has allowed/encouraged Everett to be more assertive and he has responded ever since when he told him to take over the A&M game in the second half.

Sooner04
1/30/2006, 09:33 AM
The offense looks a ****load better when the ball goes through the hoop.
Ding!