PDA

View Full Version : Best team ever...what a joke

sooner13f
1/29/2006, 07:07 AM
I guess I knew it was coming sooner or later.....:rolleyes:

OU in 2000 has wins over 4 top ten teams and ends up behind texas 2005.

Look at the elite teams wins and Quality team wins for OU VS UT
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5242552

okiedead
1/29/2006, 08:00 AM
It's only an opinion, any formula can be fixed, I'm befuddled at the 56 sooners being ranked 69/70 and I believe those seniors played their careers without losing a game.
The point of this BS survey was to enhance the fabled dynasty of USC, which is a delusion.

1991SOONER
1/29/2006, 07:28 PM
Typical biased media. If (insert team here______) had won that game by 1 point, they would probably be listed as the #1 team of all time. What a joke the media is :rolleyes:

RooseveltRoughRider
1/30/2006, 09:58 AM
If you reead the article, it says best SEASONS...not best team.

All rankings are opinion based...but this past seasons Horns scored 40 points or more in every single game except 1, regardless of who they were playing. I have not seen that occur since I have been alive, and thats about 30 years.

SoonerBBall
1/30/2006, 10:54 AM
Leaving your starters in and throwing up 40+ points a game does not make you greater than a team than one that doesn't feel the need for complete adolation.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/30/2006, 11:02 AM

All rankings are opinion based...but this past seasons Horns scored 40 points or more in every single game except 1, regardless of who they were playing. I have not seen that occur since I have been alive, and thats about 30 years. www.whornsb.us.suckbig is over on another web site. When you type it in at the top of the computer screen, then you must click on the mouse to make it work for you. Buh bye.

OUstud
1/30/2006, 04:43 PM
I love how the media forgets every year how the championship team before the present one was THE BEST ONE EVER, and they will continue to do it even with the losing team, as was the case this year.

Coloradosker
1/30/2006, 04:48 PM
That's pathetic. Good to see the "what have you done for me lately" attitude is still going strong. On the upside, it's nice to see the top four be big XII teams...

fadada1
1/30/2006, 04:49 PM
yeah, we're biased, but given where we came from... and the way we did it... and the teams we beat... 5 top 10 teams (including kstate twice) and a&m in little berlin (and a drubbing of your top rival by 49 points)... a comlete shutdown of the most dominant offense in the history of ncaa football in the orange bowl:rolleyes: ... the TEAM (more importantly - the team that played as a team) and SEASON were among the most amazing ever.

anyone who thinks that october WASN'T the most amazing 3 game stretch isn't a fan of college football.

OUstud
1/30/2006, 06:19 PM
Little Berlin...nice.

Salt City Sooner
1/30/2006, 07:05 PM

All rankings are opinion based...but this past seasons Horns scored 40 points or more in every single game except 1, regardless of who they were playing. I have not seen that occur since I have been alive, and thats about 30 years.
'88 OSU. If they'd had any semblance of a defense, they'd have walked home with the trophy.

Dio
1/30/2006, 07:56 PM
UL Lafayette, Kansas, and Colorado were quality wins last year?

Coloradosker
1/31/2006, 10:12 AM

I know I'm a little biased here, but the 95 Huskers team OUTSCORED their opponents by almost 40 points per game (38.8). They averaged 52.4 points per game and threw up 556.3 YPG and that's with a rushing offense! So if we're talking about greatest seasons, the whorns just got blown out of the water.

Big Red Ron
1/31/2006, 10:25 AM
I know I'm a little biased here, but the 95 Huskers team OUTSCORED their opponents by almost 40 points per game (38.8). They averaged 52.4 points per game and threw up 556.3 YPG and that's with a rushing offense! So if we're talking about greatest seasons, the whorns just got blown out of the water.But you played a crappy schedule. Heck, so did Texas. I'd go with the teams that played the hardest schedules but that's just me.

Coloradosker
1/31/2006, 10:56 AM
But you played a crappy schedule. Heck, so did Texas. I'd go with the teams that played the hardest schedules but that's just me.
Actually, we played CU (#7), KSU (#8), KU (#10), and Florida (#2).
I know OU's 2000 schedule was worse, but I'd hardly consider that a crappy schedule. BTW: If you're going to make some asinine claim that 2000 OU > 1995 NU, you're nucking futs.

C&CDean
1/31/2006, 11:03 AM
If another one of you mentions "that which shall not be mentioned on Tuesdays" you're gonna get some hard time in the hoosegow. Consider yourself/s warned.

Big Red Ron
1/31/2006, 11:37 AM
Actually, we played CU (#7), KSU (#8), KU (#10), and Florida (#2).
I know OU's 2000 schedule was worse, but I'd hardly consider that a crappy schedule. BTW: If you're going to make some asinine claim that 2000 OU > 1995 NU, you're nucking futs.Whatever dude. Half of our schedul was top 10 and 2000 was the only and first team to beat #1 and #2 in back to back weeks. We also had to play a conference championship game BEFORE we had to play #2 for the second time that season. Three games against #1 or #2 and several in the top ten.

2000 OU would have beaten 95 Neb.

Dan Thompson
1/31/2006, 02:44 PM
If they had looked at the 1956 team they would need a formula.6 shutoutsave score 47-6total points 466-51

Coloradosker
1/31/2006, 02:49 PM
Whatever dude. Half of our schedul was top 10 and 2000 was the only and first team to beat #1 and #2 in back to back weeks. We also had to play a conference championship game BEFORE we had to play #2 for the second time that season. Three games against #1 or #2 and several in the top ten.

2000 OU would have beaten 95 Neb.

:D :D :D Thanks, I needed a good laugh today. Hey, how come the rest of the country wouldn't even put them in the top 10 best all time? Oh, that's right, they're not delusional.

Big Red Ron
1/31/2006, 04:10 PM
:D :D :D Thanks, I needed a good laugh today. Hey, how come the rest of the country wouldn't even put them in the top 10 best all time? Oh, that's right, they're not delusional.UHM THEY'RE NUMBER THREE ON THAT LIST AND I'VE SEEN THEM RANKED NUMBER ONE ON OTHERS YA FRICKIN CORN DOG!

2000 OU HAD THE BEST DEFENSE IN HISTORY BY MANY NATIONAL OBSERVERS.

Coloradosker
1/31/2006, 04:17 PM
UHM THEY'RE NUMBER THREE ON THAT LIST AND I'VE SEEN THEM RANKED NUMBER ONE ON OTHERS YA FRICKIN CORN DOG!

2000 OU HAD THE BEST DEFENSE IN HISTORY BY MANY NATIONAL OBSERVERS.

Yep, number three BEHIND 95 NU. Ummm...what other ones, exactly? Cause when ESPN did their match ups of the best teams of all time against 05 USC, you weren't on there. So if you'd like to prove to me that you're not just talking out your a$$, get me some links. BTW: There's no need to resort to name calling, you f***ing hillbilly.

Big Red Ron
1/31/2006, 04:28 PM
Yep, number three BEHIND 95 NU. Ummm...what other ones, exactly? Cause when ESPN did their match ups of the best teams of all time against 05 USC, you weren't on there. So if you'd like to prove to me that you're not just talking out your a$$, get me some links. BTW: There's no need to resort to name calling, you f***ing hillbilly.Scoreboard pal, scoreboard and I hope you stay keenly awaire of what ESPN thinks too. A real virtue of knowledge there.

BTW, this isn't the only list of greatest teams that I've seen 2000 OU and 1995 (geez that was a long time ago) ranked near or at the top.

Somehow you're the only college football fan that thinks it's crazy to compare the two.

I can tell you this 1995 neb. didn't play in the BCS or a conference championship game and played a less difficult schedule but I'm crazy to compare the two?

You need to get laid or something dude.

BTW

Heupel > Frazier

Coloradosker
1/31/2006, 04:35 PM
Scoreboard pal, scoreboard and I hope you stay keenly awaire of what ESPN thinks too. A real virtue of knowledge there.

BTW, this isn't the only list of greatest teams that I've seen 2000 OU and 1995 (geez that was a long time ago) ranked near or at the top.

Somehow you're the only college football fan that thinks it's crazy to compare the two.

I can tell you this 1995 neb. didn't play in the BCS or a conference championship game and played a less difficult schedule but I'm crazy to compare the two?

You need to get laid or something dude.

BTW

Heupel > Frazier

No proof so you go to the scoreboard. Weak. The teams selected for that contest, BTW, were from a nationwide poll. So although I agree with you that ESPN is crap, apparantly the rest of the country outside of, say, Tulsa, also believes they should be left off the list.
95 Nebraska did not play in a BCS or Conference championship game because they did not exist. However, they did take the #2 team in the country and paste them worse than any in championship history. I never said it was crazy to compare them, I just said you lose.

BTW

Frazier with 2 rings > Heupel with 1

tommie15
1/31/2006, 05:04 PM
o dear God, here we go again

RooseveltRoughRider
1/31/2006, 05:56 PM
I was gonna stay out of this little portion of the catfight...but ummmm

How can you compare Nebraska 95's defense to Oklahoma 2000's?
There really is no comparison.

Nebraska 95' did some things offensively but defensively they are behind OU 2000 and offensively they are behind Texas 2005. In fact NU gave up 20 points or more in SEVERAL games in the 1995 season. They were great, but the reason I think they were behind UT is because UT set an NCAA Record this year offensivley..

And OU 2000...well thats the greatest defense in recent history. Anyone who shuts Florida State out and then spots them 2 charity points...when FSU was at it's prime. Well, it does not get much better than that. I think UT 05' and OU 2000 could bost beat Nebraska 95'. When you think about it...Nebraska dominated because OU and UT were in down spells. The next 2 years in a row NU lost to Texas (who had Ricky Williams and Priest Holmes on the same offense with neither one playing Tail back ) how idiotic.

OU_Sooners75
1/31/2006, 06:08 PM

Nebraska 95' did some things offensively but defensively they are behind OU 2000 and offensively they are behind Texas 2005. In fact NU gave up 20 points or more in SEVERAL games in the 1995 season. They were great, but the reason I think they were behind UT is because UT set an NCAA Record this year offensivley..

And OU 2000...well thats the greatest defense in recent history. Anyone who shuts Florida State out and then spots them 2 charity points...when FSU was at it's prime. Well, it does not get much better than that. I think UT 05' and OU 2000 could bost beat Nebraska 95'. When you think about it...Nebraska dominated because OU and UT were in down spells. The next 2 years in a row NU lost to Texas (who had Ricky Williams and Priest Holmes on the same offense with neither one playing Tail back ) how idiotic.

What record did Baja Oklahoma U set this year offensively?

tommie15
1/31/2006, 06:17 PM

Ok...

Texas
275 rushing ypg
237 passing ypg
502 total ypg

Nebraska
441 rushing ypg
131 passing ypg
572 total ypg

Texas
50 ppg

Nebraska
53 ppg

And yet Texas>Nebraska Offensively????

stupid whorn

Big Red Ron
1/31/2006, 06:36 PM
Okay, you can talk about ESPN so, I will too. Go look at your Xbox or whatever. Break out the latest version of NCAA football and see if 1995 neb or 2000 OU is rated higher. I even ran a simulation and the score was OU-5 NU-3.

Big Red Ron
1/31/2006, 06:41 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_balance.gif - "I throw a tighter spiral than Heupel you hilbilly."

Ha Ha, you have any Davey O'brian or Maxwel awards too?

What's funny is you spek is so insignificant it shows up as gray. Good Times.

How's that "forward pass" thingy working out for you inbreds?

Will Neb. ever be back?

OU_Sooners75
1/31/2006, 06:49 PM

http://www.ncaa.org/library/records/football_records_book/2005/2005_d1_football_records.pdf

read it and weap

OU_Sooners75
1/31/2006, 06:55 PM
Ha Ha, you have any Davey O'brian or Maxwel awards too?

What's funny is you spek is so insignificant it shows up as gray. Good Times.

How's that "forward pass" thingy working out for you inbreds?

Will Neb. ever be back?

Mine is green, but it too is meaningless for ya...but what the hell....LOL

Salt City Sooner
1/31/2006, 07:05 PM
NU '95's D is getting sold short on this one. Yes, 6 teams scored over 20 points on NU that year, but a large portion of that was due to backups or scoring not attributable to the defense. Let's take a closer look at them:

1. NU 64, OSU 21. The game was 50-7 in favor of NU when OSU scored their 2nd TD very late in the 3rd quarter.

2. NU 77, ASU 28. This is the only game I see where you could say that the defense actually struggled even a bit, & even then, it was NU 63, ASU 21 at the HALF. Plummer went deep (only 12 completions, but over 270 yds.) time & time again, & did connect on a few of them. NU had 28 on the board before ASU got their first score.

3. NU 35, Wazzu 21. This is NU's "closest" game of the year. I put closest in quotes because it wasn't that close. NU led 28-6 entering the 4th quarter before the Cougs put up a couple of meaningless scores sandwiched around another NU TD. Incidentally, Wazzu's QB was ex-Sooner Chad Davis, FWIW.

4. NU 49, KSU 25. NU led this game 42-6 entering the 4th quarter, & one of KSU's scores in the last frame was a blocked punt. For the game, KSU had MINUS 19 yards rushing.

5. NU 44, CU 21. 7th ranked CU scored 14 points on NU's D in Boulder, bookending TD passes by John Hessler around a fumble recovery for a score.

6. NU 62, UF 24. The Huskers gave up 2 TD's and a FG to the Heisman winner, on a team that put up over 44 PPG. UF's other TD was the last score of the game, a kickoff return. UF actually had a Fool's Gold lead of 10-6 after the first quarter before NU put up a 29-0 2nd quarter.

One thing to add is the fact that NU gave up 20 fewer points that year, while playing 1 less game than OU '00. Opponent scoring averages? NU 14.5, OU 14.9.

Bottom line for me is that NU '95 was VERY comparable to '00 OU defensively. They just get overlooked because Frazier & co. spent the year making the scoreboard look like a pinball machine. Terrell Farley especially was a freakin' BEAST.

tommie15
1/31/2006, 07:43 PM
NU '95's D is getting sold short on this one. Yes, 6 teams scored over 20 points on NU that year, but a large portion of that was due to backups or scoring not attributable to the defense. Let's take a closer look at them:

1. NU 64, OSU 21. The game was 50-7 in favor of NU when OSU scored their 2nd TD very late in the 3rd quarter.

2. NU 77, ASU 28. This is the only game I see where you could say that the defense actually struggled even a bit, & even then, it was NU 63, ASU 21 at the HALF. Plummer went deep (only 12 completions, but over 270 yds.) time & time again, & did connect on a few of them. NU had 28 on the board before ASU got their first score.

3. NU 35, Wazzu 21. This is NU's "closest" game of the year. I put closest in quotes because it wasn't that close. NU led 28-6 entering the 4th quarter before the Cougs put up a couple of meaningless scores sandwiched around another NU TD. Incidentally, Wazzu's QB was ex-Sooner Chad Davis, FWIW.

4. NU 49, KSU 25. NU led this game 42-6 entering the 4th quarter, & one of KSU's scores in the last frame was a blocked punt. For the game, KSU had MINUS 19 yards rushing.

5. NU 44, CU 21. 7th ranked CU scored 14 points on NU's D in Boulder, bookending TD passes by John Hessler around a fumble recovery for a score.

6. NU 62, UF 24. The Huskers gave up 2 TD's and a FG to the Heisman winner, on a team that put up over 44 PPG. UF's other TD was the last score of the game, a kickoff return. UF actually had a Fool's Gold lead of 10-6 after the first quarter before NU put up a 29-0 2nd quarter.

One thing to add is the fact that NU gave up 20 fewer points that year, while playing 1 less game than OU '00. Opponent scoring averages? NU 14.5, OU 14.9.

Bottom line for me is that NU '95 was VERY comparable to '00 OU defensively. They just get overlooked because Frazier & co. spent the year making the scoreboard look like a pinball machine. Terrell Farley especially was a freakin' BEAST.

kind words SLC...those were the days (for Husker fans anyway)...

I don't know why it's so hard for BRR to admit that 95 NU was damn good. I have no problem saying 00 OU was damn good. 00 OU played arguably the toughest schedule ever, while 95 NU dominated like no team has in the modern era. The 05 whorns, on the other hand...

Big Red Ron
1/31/2006, 09:40 PM
kind words SLC...those were the days (for Husker fans anyway)...

I don't know why it's so hard for BRR to admit that 95 NU was damn good. I have no problem saying 00 OU was damn good. 00 OU played arguably the toughest schedule ever, while 95 NU dominated like no team has in the modern era. The 05 whorns, on the other hand...Never said 95 wasn't a very good team.

Frazier with 2 rings > Heupel with 1

I thought Scott Frost won one of those.;) Psst...Heupel only played two years at OU.

tommie15
1/31/2006, 10:04 PM
Frazier won 2, Frost won 1

Sooner fans really did skip the 90s ;)

goingoneight
1/31/2006, 11:18 PM
sources say, according to survey...
2000 OU owns.

RooseveltRoughRider
2/1/2006, 09:19 AM
http://www.ncaa.org/library/records/football_records_book/2005/2005_d1_football_records.pdf

read it and weap

OK..I rea don there that the 2005 Texas team scored more points in a season than any other team.

and that Ut has more wins than any other program except Notre Dame and Michigan. Anything else?