1/29/2006, 12:30 AM
arrogant texas fans, thats all

IronSooner
1/29/2006, 12:37 AM
Don't forget Miss America Factory.
http://www.ruggedelegantliving.com/a/images/Miss.America.2006.waves.jpg

Soonerus
1/29/2006, 12:42 AM
Horns just returning to their recently familiar frustration with OU...funny...

yermom
1/29/2006, 12:50 AM
they act like we've never beaten them at basketball...

now all we need to do is win out and the Big 12 is ours ;)

TheGodfather889
1/29/2006, 12:57 AM
So many stupid Horn fans.Texas Sucks!!!

bigdsooner
1/29/2006, 01:23 AM
well, since 96 we are 6-4 in football and 17-8 in basketball against fag u. so...i guess that makes us a football and a basketball school

Soonerman08
1/29/2006, 01:25 AM
Lol, stuck at home on a message board on Saturday night? Yes we're on here, stuck at home? Hardly, hell they're on the boards too! Freakin' idiots!

We're just a middle class football team in the Big 12? Oh man, I am sad now considering we're 6-1 odds of going to the National Championsip next year and they're either 8-1 of 10-1. Stupid Whorns!

BASSooner
1/29/2006, 01:26 AM
i guess whorn fans just cant get over the fact that we are better than them in both sports.

wishbonesooner
1/29/2006, 08:26 AM
We're better than them in so many ways, I can't count them all.

roostercogburn
1/29/2006, 08:37 AM
typical texican attitude.

BajaOklahoma
1/29/2006, 08:49 AM
Thanks Nick. I love a good laugh in the morning. Especially if it involved the whorns as the butt of the joke.

OUthunder
1/29/2006, 10:07 AM
Why any of you cheered for them is totally beyond me.

But I forgive you. :D

mojohornfan
1/29/2006, 10:38 AM
We're better than them in so many ways, I can't count them all.

I have to disagree with the above statement, as does others from your great state!!!!

Okie news...props UT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...didnt see it posted elsewhere.

By Berry Tramel
The Oklahoman

NORMAN - Great news, Sooners and Cowboys. The University of Texas has no plans to add wrestling as an intercollegiate sport.
At least there’s something left for us Oklahomans to win.

The Longhorn basketball team hits Lloyd Noble Center tonight on a collision course with a 16-0 Big 12 record. Hope Rick Barnes’ boys don’t expect a parade. Nothing short of a national title is big burnt-orange news these days.

Austin has become Titletown. The Longhorns are reigning champs in football and reigning champs in baseball. Now Barnes’ hoops squad shows signs of doing the same.

North of the Red River, it’s the sum of all fears. Total domination by the Evil Empire.

“I have always hated UT and so does the rest of the Big 12. I basically hate them because they rub it in your face when they beat you, and, well, they are good at everything.”

That’s from a message board - an OSU message board. Common ground in the Bedlam Series: contempt for the Longhorns.

Thank the Lord for Miss Courtney Paris and her Sooner women’s basketball teammates, who sent Texas’ traditional powerhouse home a big loser the other night.

Almost three years ago, I wrote a column saying what a high time it must be for Longhorn fans. That was after Mack Brown managed UT’s first top-10 finish in almost 20 years, to go along with a baseball national title and a swell basketball squad.

Now again the Longhorns rule baseball and play a mean game on the hardwood, plus Brown has scaled Mount Stoops and slain USC.

It might get worse before it gets better. Texas also is defending NCAA champion in women’s track, and softball ace Cat Osterman is back for another strikeout marathon, and the ’Horns finished second nationally in women’s tennis, and the UT swim teams always are good, and well, the message board was right. Texas is just danged good in everything.

Still, said DeLoss Dodds, “I don’t think it’s been this good before.”

No kidding.

Dodds is the UT athletic director and quite the unassuming fellow. Low key. Quiet. All cattle and no hat.

Oklahoma legend Abe Lemons couldn’t stand Dodds, but every Texas fan from Dalhart to Brownsville should adore their CEO. Dodds is the AD who hired Brown, Barnes, baseball’s Augie Garrido and most every coach in the Longhorn corral.

Dodds lists four reasons for the Texas uprising.

1. In the mid-1980s, UT started a foundation that now generates $20 million a year.

2. The Big 12 formed.

“We were not recruiting Texas kids when we were in the Southwest Conference,” Dodds said. “They were going to UCLA and Florida State. We got into a new conference, gave us a new lease on life.”

3. New facilities, virtually across the board, including an $18 million renovation to Disch-Falk Field, UT’s baseball home.

4. Quality coaches, lured by reasons 1, 2 and 3.

Can Texas win another NCAA title in basketball and sweep the three major men’s sports?

“That would be a dream come true,” Dodds said. “Be almost impossible to think about.”

Barnes coached Texas and T.J. Ford to the 2003 Final Four, where the ’Horns were felled by Carmelo Anthony, who that season burned the Big 12 the way Sherman burned Atlanta. This year, the ’Horns again are talented enough to reach the Final Four, and so far, no Carmelo seems to be hanging out on a college campus.

“Some day, everything’s going to go right, we’re going to win one,” Dodds said. “Hang around at the top, and you’re going to win one. Oklahoma found that out (in football). We did, too.”

And Dodds indeed confirmed that Texas has no plans to roll out a wrestling mat.

“No, huh-uh,” he said. “You can tell Mike (Holder) and Joe (Castiglione), we’re not doing wrestling.”

All of us north of the Red are grateful.

Quote:
posted by (sooner) BarryBnds on Nov. 22, 2005

yermom
1/29/2006, 10:58 AM
NORMAN - Great news, Sooners and Cowboys. The University of Texas has no plans to add wrestling as an intercollegiate sport.

The Longhorn basketball team hits Lloyd Noble Center tonight on a collision course with a 16-0 Big 12 record. Hope Rick Barnes’ boys don’t expect a parade. Nothing short of a national title is big burnt-orange news these days.

you do realize you guys lost that game, right?

mojohornfan
1/29/2006, 11:09 AM
you do realize you guys lost that game, right?

I hope you have something better to argue about than last night...come on.

I was just arguing a post about how OU is better at everything. One game in a basketball season means nothing. Football, yes. Basketball, no. Besides, I didn't write the article...Did you even read the entire thing!

P.s. It was a great win for the Sooners.

yermom
1/29/2006, 11:19 AM
i read the article... it's some hideous love fest with the whorns assuming a loss in that game last night, apparently

i don't think anyone North of the Red River is all that afraid of anything Texass is doing... after a streak of 3 in basketball and 5 of the last 6 in football i think recent history shows we can hold our own

i can't talk for baseball, i don't watch it, but it's not like we haven't won the whole thing there before either

Big Red Ron
1/29/2006, 12:00 PM
I hope you have something better to argue about than last night...come on.

I was just arguing a post about how OU is better at everything. One game in a basketball season means nothing. Football, yes. Basketball, no.Well, we don't have a swim team and you don't wrestle so everything is a bit much but we have beat texas in bball, like you were Baylor over the last 10 years and football, we are clearly a greater program. Last year was the exception not the rule.

oumartin
1/29/2006, 12:01 PM
All will be right in the world come the second Saturday in October.
Then the excuses on how we beat them only because they have a freshman quarterback or some crap like that.

Flagstaffsooner
1/29/2006, 12:09 PM
Why any of you cheered for them is totally beyond me.

But I forgive you. :DDidn't cheer for them, cheered against suc. You may now go and find something else to bitch about.;)

Big Red Ron
1/29/2006, 12:34 PM
Texas < Oklahoma in Football and Basketball programs. Those are just plain facts.

Octavian
1/29/2006, 12:37 PM
I was just arguing a post about how OU is better at everything.

In the 10 year existence of the BigXII OU leads the head-to-head series against Texas in both football and basketball.

You guys are hella good swimmers though.

One game in a basketball season means nothing. Football, yes. Basketball, no.

Whats your point? OU's been more successful than Texas in football since Japan surrendered.

Big Red Ron
1/29/2006, 12:41 PM
Whats your point? OU's been more successful than Texas in football since Japan surrendered.Heck we've beaten UT in BBall like 26 of the last 40 games.

BajaOklahoma
1/29/2006, 12:57 PM
Mojohornfan lied when he said he was leaving our boards. That post was only semi-redeming thing about that thread on OF.

I don't like being lied to..... and I don't forget.

mojohornfan
1/29/2006, 12:58 PM
All will be right in the world come the second Saturday in October.
Then the excuses on how we beat them only because they have a freshman quarterback or some crap like that.

Worked for you guys this past year.

mojohornfan
1/29/2006, 01:02 PM
In the 10 year existence of the BigXII OU leads the head-to-head series against Texas in both football and basketball.

You guys are hella good swimmers though.

Whats your point? OU's been more successful than Texas in football since Japan surrendered.

If you are going to use the overall head to head record in B-ball, why not use the overall head to head record in football? Nevermind, I already know.

Big Red Ron
Worked for you guys this past year.Burry your head and keep telling yourself that as you prepare to go back to your full time duty as chief pillow biter. Horns at least are slightly more than a fart in the wind of College Football history. Enjoy but realize that the better team going into the cotton bowl next season wears Crimson. Don't believe me? Look at the vegas favorites to win it all in 2007.

JohnnyMack
Worked for you guys this past year.

I never made excuses, you were better than we were. So **** off.

mojohornfan
1/29/2006, 01:03 PM
Heck we've beaten UT in BBall like 26 of the last 40 games.

stOOPS...I meant to quote Big Red There!

Big Red Ron
1/29/2006, 01:04 PM
If you are going to use the overall head to head record in B-ball, why not use the overall head to head record in football? Nevermind, I already know.Your smack is as weak as your football and basketball tradition when compaired to Oklahoma's.:mack:

mojohornfan
1/29/2006, 01:04 PM
I never made excuses, you were better than we were. So **** off.

Thank you...you are in the minority of soonere fans.

mojohornfan
1/29/2006, 01:06 PM
S**T...Didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest.

Big Red Ron
1/29/2006, 01:06 PM
S**T...Didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest.Well, we are in Oklahoma City and the Hornets do play here...

oumartin
1/29/2006, 01:07 PM
Can't you get on your own board there mojo?

Octavian
1/29/2006, 01:08 PM
If you are going to use the overall head to head record in B-ball, why not use the overall head to head record in football? Nevermind, I already know.

We can get into a OU-Texas historical football discussion if you want. Basketball too.

You'd lose both.

mojohornfan
1/29/2006, 01:17 PM
Can't you get on your own board there mojo?

Sure...the only problem is, everyone agrees with me and is quite boring.

What is wrong with a little friendly chit chat?

Truth is...I work with several sooner fans ( one alumni) and we can talk all damn day and argue Texas/Ou and in the end, its all in fun and end up laughing. I'm finding it hard to do that on this board. That is the ONLY reason I'm here.

oumartin
1/29/2006, 01:20 PM
we dont' find you fun. we find you annoying. but whatever works for you I guess.

mojohornfan
1/29/2006, 01:25 PM
We can get into a OU-Texas historical football discussion if you want. Basketball too.

You'd lose both.

Bottom line...OU 7...TEXAS 4. I understand that. Bud Wilkinson is the difference. You guys have had some great coaches and still do. We haven't been so fortunate, BUT I gaurantee you, if Ou had the better overall record of 59-36, we would never hear the end of it.

Octavian
1/29/2006, 01:25 PM
Sure...the only problem is, everyone agrees with me and is quite boring.

What is wrong with a little friendly chit chat?

Truth is...I work with several sooner fans ( one alumni) and we can talk all damn day and argue Texas/Ou and in the end, its all in fun and end up laughing. I'm finding it hard to do that on this board. That is the ONLY reason I'm here.

SF allows all comers as long as they're not overly disrespectful. You havent been perma baned or anything.

I dont blame you for not wanting to go on HF. The site blows. But dont think the Sooners here arent armed w/ the same facts that you are. And if you're trying to get into a broad historical football argument...well, you're sunk. Stick to 2005 and the 60s...you'll have more luck.

Octavian
1/29/2006, 01:27 PM
Bottom line...OU 7...TEXAS 4. I understand that. Bud Wilkinson is the difference. You guys have had some great coaches and still do. We haven't been so fortunate, BUT I gaurantee you, if Ou had the better overall record of 59-36, we would never hear the end of it.

Its 56-39 ;) ..and no you wouldnt.

mojohornfan
1/29/2006, 01:32 PM
SF allows all comers as long as they're not overly disrespectful. You havent been perma baned or anything.

I dont blame you for not wanting to go on HF.

I've posted this before but here goes again. The horn equiv. for soonerfans is www.burntorangefanzone.com. It is not as progressed as soonerfans, but we are spreading the word. There are several sooners logged on.

Octavian
1/29/2006, 01:53 PM
Most users ever online was 79, 12-16-2005 at 08:53 PM.

You've got a lot of spreading of the word to do.

Soonerman08
1/29/2006, 02:04 PM
Never trust a Whorn to do a man's job!

Soonerman08
1/29/2006, 02:08 PM

My oh my how I wish we could have the rich football tradition that the University of Texas has. What ever will we do with ourselves knowing that we can't match their "such" rich tradition. :rolleyes:

I guess we will just have to settle for our 39 conference championships, 7 national championships, 4 Heisman trophy winners, and our 47 game win streak. :D

It really is a shame fellow Sooners.

proudsoonergal
1/29/2006, 02:23 PM
Yup, we totally suck.

mojohornfan
1/29/2006, 02:36 PM
56-39 head to head...............And we DO have a pretty DECENT tradition. If we didn't, that 56 to 39 would be a major embarassment to ya.

mojohornfan
1/29/2006, 02:41 PM
Your missing my point. I'm not saying which football team has a better tradition...its pointlesss. Hell, actually, I lost track of what the ff**k I was trying to say. I'm leaving. (for now).

Flagstaffsooner
1/29/2006, 03:11 PM
[quote=mojohornfan I'm leaving. (for now).[/quote]Bye, don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out.

bigdsooner
1/29/2006, 03:17 PM
Your missing my point. I'm not saying which football team has a better tradition...its pointlesss. Hell, actually, I lost track of what the ff**k I was trying to say. I'm leaving. (for now).

please keep your word on the other thread and LEAVE FOR GOOD!!!
maybe you havent been reading here much, alot of sf posters have given props to ut...that said, thats about all you get here. what do you want us to do, suck your d*** and claim ut as the greatest school ever assembled. you guys happened to win it in our down year, congrats, nice win, etc etc, whatever.

goingoneight
1/29/2006, 03:28 PM
Thank you...you are in the minority of soonere fans.

I do believe the excuses go both ways...

Texas Excuse:
"Well, you know OU pays their players... how else do they get Adrian Peterson (Think tradition)?"

OU Excuse (it pains me, but yes, they do exist):
"Our team was just young and inexperienced (Think Adrian Peterson, Jamelle Hollaway, Roy Williams, etc.)."

Texas Excuse:
"Well we still have the series record, so we're okay (So dropping a 63-14 loss to OU didn't send them (OU) to the National Championship?)..."

OU Excuse:
"People are awful quick to worship a one-time National Champion and hold them as the best team ever (Anyone with a 12-0,13-0,14-0 record holds the title "best team ever," god bless the press)...

Texas Excuse:
"Well, we are academically superior to you (Hmmm, is that why the scoreboard reads 12-0 OU, or are you changing the subject?)...

Personally, I see that the OU/TX rivalry is only heated when fans/students argue. I have been to 12 OU/Texas rival games in numerous sports, and OU has only lost one game that I have attended, 45-12... they had it coming the way they entered that game playing, but I was not going to let the lop-sided score discourage me from shaking those young guys hands and telling them to keep their heads up and be proud to wear the crimson and cream.

Fans= those who bail when their team is down by 21 or more points in the 3rd quarter.
Real fans= those who bite the bullet, and congratulate the better team... even if their colors are brown-orange and white.

I've said it many times, and I'll say it again... Anyone who gets away with a victory against Bob Stoop's OU teams better watch their backs going into the next meeting...

1. Texas wins 38-28, Bob delivers a stinging 5-year blowout on the whorns.
2. Nebbish escapes OU after Jason White goes down for the count, next two meetings favor OU in double digits (combined of course).
3. aTm escapes OU at College Station, 77-0, nuff said.
4. OSU boasts a back-to-back win against OU, 52-9 more than triples their two-years' "scoreboard" against us...

Hate to stick my foot in my mouth early, but I would hate to be Mike Leach or Mack Brown next year...

Stitch Face
1/29/2006, 07:00 PM
I have to disagree with the above statement, as does others from your great state!!!!

Putting that "Top 10 Schools In The Universe" education to good use, I see.

josh09
1/29/2006, 07:07 PM
Horns just returning to their recently familiar frustration with OU...funny...

yes, because after the game last night i went to the whorns boards and they were being soar losers. for example, saying things like "miss america looks like she has down syndrome" and "those refs graduated from owho" and also "every single shot was lucky, ou still sucks"

i just sat there and LAUGHED. :D

:texan: :mack: :texan: :mack:

Cam
1/29/2006, 07:07 PM
Why is it that we hear about the overall series record from UT fans? Cause when you're talking about the prigrams as a whole, it's all they've got to hang their hat one, period.

Ground_Attack
1/29/2006, 07:35 PM
Why is it that we hear about the overall series record from UT fans? Cause when you're talking about the prigrams as a whole, it's all they've got to hang their hat one, period.

they have had more racists coaches as well haven't they?

Soonerman08
1/29/2006, 08:16 PM

They think the overall series thing is important or something, heck OU-Texas has never been as good a rivalry as OU-Nebraska, more so these days (is not the case) because the two programs are highly ranked when they play but Texas just can't realize that OU-Nebraska was always THE rivalry.

Stitch Face
1/29/2006, 09:21 PM
They have beaten us more than we've beaten them; it's just that we've beaten the whole country several more times than they have.

GDC
1/29/2006, 09:33 PM
Good god the whorn boards truly suck, no wonder so many of them come over here.

Big Red Ron
1/30/2006, 01:25 AM
They think the overall series thing is important or something, heck OU-Texas has never been as good a rivalry as OU-Nebraska, more so these days (is not the case) because the two programs are highly ranked when they play but Texas just can't realize that OU-Nebraska was always THE rivalry.I grew up in the late seventies to the early ninties and I never really thought of OU-UT as a big game. It was Nebraska, Colorado, Miami, Stanford...there were always bigger games before and after the OU-tex game.

stoopified
1/30/2006, 01:28 AM

Okie news...props UT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...didnt see it posted elsewhere.

By Berry Tramel
The Oklahoman

Austin has become Titletown. The Longhorns are reigning champs in football and reigning champs in baseball. Now Barnes’ hoops squad shows signs of doing the same.

North of the Red River, it’s the sum of all fears. Total domination by the Evil Empire.

“I have always hated UT and so does the rest of the Big 12. I basically hate them because they rub it in your face when they beat you, and, well, they are good at everything.”

That’s from a message board - an OSU message board. Common ground in the Bedlam Series: contempt for the Longhorns.

Thank the Lord for Miss Courtney Paris and her Sooner women’s basketball teammates, who sent Texas’ traditional powerhouse home a big loser the other night.

Almost three years ago, I wrote a column saying what a high time it must be for Longhorn fans. That was after Mack Brown managed UT’s first top-10 finish in almost 20 years, to go along with a baseball national title and a swell basketball squad.

Now again the Longhorns rule baseball and play a mean game on the hardwood, plus Brown has scaled Mount Stoops and slain USC.

It might get worse before it gets better. Texas also is defending NCAA champion in women’s track, and softball ace Cat Osterman is back for another strikeout marathon, and the ’Horns finished second nationally in women’s tennis, and the UT swim teams always are good, and well, the message board was right. Texas is just danged good in everything.

Still, said DeLoss Dodds, “I don’t think it’s been this good before.”

No kidding.

Dodds is the UT athletic director and quite the unassuming fellow. Low key. Quiet. All cattle and no hat.

Oklahoma legend Abe Lemons couldn’t stand Dodds, but every Texas fan from Dalhart to Brownsville should adore their CEO. Dodds is the AD who hired Brown, Barnes, baseball’s Augie Garrido and most every coach in the Longhorn corral.

Dodds lists four reasons for the Texas uprising.

1. In the mid-1980s, UT started a foundation that now generates $20 million a year.

2. The Big 12 formed.

“We were not recruiting Texas kids when we were in the Southwest Conference,” Dodds said. “They were going to UCLA and Florida State. We got into a new conference, gave us a new lease on life.”

3. New facilities, virtually across the board, including an $18 million renovation to Disch-Falk Field, UT’s baseball home.

4. Quality coaches, lured by reasons 1, 2 and 3.

Can Texas win another NCAA title in basketball and sweep the three major men’s sports?

“That would be a dream come true,” Dodds said. “Be almost impossible to think about.”

Barnes coached Texas and T.J. Ford to the 2003 Final Four, where the ’Horns were felled by Carmelo Anthony, who that season burned the Big 12 the way Sherman burned Atlanta. This year, the ’Horns again are talented enough to reach the Final Four, and so far, no Carmelo seems to be hanging out on a college campus.

“Some day, everything’s going to go right, we’re going to win one,” Dodds said. “Hang around at the top, and you’re going to win one. Oklahoma found that out (in football). We did, too.”

And Dodds indeed confirmed that Texas has no plans to roll out a wrestling mat.

“No, huh-uh,” he said. “You can tell Mike (Holder) and Joe (Castiglione), we’re not doing wrestling.”

All of us north of the Red are grateful.

Quote:
posted by (sooner) BarryBnds on Nov. 22, 2005
____________________________________________You should note that Tramel is a horn..I mean Idiot.As usual he was also wrong (82-72,bye-bye 16-0).As for UT fielding a wrasslin'team who cares?This ain't the Payne County Tractor Driving Academy.UT would however be well advise to stick with their Cement Pond jumpin' and splashin' team.

Big Red Ron
1/30/2006, 01:38 AM
You should note that Tramel is a horn..I mean Idiot.As usual he was also wrong (82-72,bye-bye 16-0).As for UT fielding a wrasslin'team who cares?This ain't the Payne County Tractor Driving Academy.UT would however be well advise to stick with their Cement Pond jumpin' and splashin' team.
Where you goin' city boy? They don't call it a "Tulsa Ride" fer nuthin. :D

mojohornfan
1/30/2006, 11:12 AM

As i've posted before, if Ou had the lead in the overall series, we would NEVER hear the end of it.

And speaking of the series record, (56 to 39), how could a team that "sucks" and a tradition "not even comparable to OU's" lead the series by that margin.

mojohornfan
1/30/2006, 01:34 PM
I know, it's a tough one. That's okay...I already know the answer!

Flagstaffsooner
1/30/2006, 02:17 PM
I know, it's a tough one. That's okay...I already know the answer!You remind me of a bowel movement I had yesterday.

Herr Scholz
1/30/2006, 02:53 PM
We're 3rd in all time wins behind Michigan and Notre Dame. Doesn't sound like an insignificant football program to me. BTW, OU is 8th on that list.

GDC
1/30/2006, 03:21 PM
You remind me of a bowel movement I had yesterday.

I had one of those, and then I wiped my Herr.

It amazes me when two or more whorns come to a Sooner board to **** each other's *****.

Herr Scholz
1/30/2006, 03:28 PM
...to **** each other's *****.
More homosexual man love imagery from you. Interesting. That seems to pervade most of your posts. Combine that with the stalking and you're kind of Jeffrey Dahmerish.

GDC
1/30/2006, 03:32 PM
More homosexual man love imagery from you. Interesting. That seems to pervade most of your posts. Combine that with the stalking and you're kind of Jeffrey Dahmerish.

Actually, I just typed in a bunch of asterisks, you're the one jumping to conclusions. Funny though that you got the idea you did.

Herr Scholz
1/30/2006, 03:39 PM
Actually, I just typed in a bunch of asterisks, you're the one jumping to conclusions. Funny though that you got the idea you did.
Just basing it on the rest of your posts. There's ample history there Mr. Closet Homo.

Stitch Face
1/30/2006, 06:16 PM
Just basing it on the rest of your posts. There's ample history there Mr. Closet Homo.

So it's come to this, the pinnacle of football forum bardinage: "Mr. Closet Homo."

"Your argument is suspect."

"I wholeheartedly disagree."

"Well, then...you're a fag."

Herr Scholz
1/30/2006, 06:30 PM
"Your argument is suspect."

"I wholeheartedly disagree."

Yeah, this kind of conversation comes from gdc a lot.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/30/2006, 06:42 PM
Please whorns...buh bye. Go home. This ain't your home.

Cam
1/30/2006, 09:47 PM
As i've posted before, if Ou had the lead in the overall series, we would NEVER hear the end of it.

And speaking of the series record, (56 to 39), how could a team that "sucks" and a tradition "not even comparable to OU's" lead the series by that margin.
Sorry it took me so long, but I have a job, so...

Cause it's not how many wins against one team that count, it's the big picture.

Not too difficult to figure out.

Cam
1/30/2006, 10:03 PM
We're 3rd in all time wins behind Michigan and Notre Dame. Doesn't sound like an insignificant football program to me. BTW, OU is 8th on that list.
So you have more wins, great for you.

Until this year, you were behind us in winning percentage. We'll see how that stands after next year. What's the margin between the two you ask? That's a good question Herr. It's a whopping 0.002%

Why were you behind us for so long? The "vaunted" SWC.

Overall winning percentage, UT is now # 3. The next closest former SWC is A&M at # 24.

After a lack luster year, OU is # 6 with Nebraska # 7. The 3rd former Big 8 school on that list? That would be # 20 Colorado.

No matter how you slice it, you greatly benefitted from a conference that was quite a bit less than stellar for many, many years.

It's a circular argument dude. Neither of us is going to win it, period. Depends on what you hold most dear. For me, it's the 4 MNC's that we've won since I've been born. For you, it's wins. Congrats to ya.