PDA

View Full Version : I've gotta give it up to the Athletic Department.

TopDawg
1/28/2006, 11:23 PM
Those court-"side" student sections did look kinda cool tonight. And since their main reason for putting them there was to give a more exciting look to our big-time games...well, mission accomplished so far.

IronSooner
1/28/2006, 11:28 PM
It looked a lot better on TV I gotta say. Much better than OU games have looked in the last year or so. Good game fans. Now keep that up.

Mjcpr
1/28/2006, 11:28 PM
That's a lot better than "Joe C sucks".

TopDawg
1/28/2006, 11:39 PM
It looked a lot better on TV I gotta say. Much better than OU games have looked in the last year or so. Good game fans. Now keep that up.

Are you comparing it to what you've seen in person at other games this year? 'Cuz the reason it looked better tonight than in person at other games this year is 'cuz there were about 200 more students down there tonight.

Soonerus
1/29/2006, 12:11 AM
Students did a great job tonight, they were rabid.....

walkoffsooner
1/29/2006, 09:42 AM
It did look great on TV not quiet Duke but Dukeish.

MojoRisen
1/29/2006, 02:26 PM
Are they going to keep it that way? Sounds like we are turning the corner... Hell of an Atmosphere....

StoopTroup
1/29/2006, 02:31 PM
Are they going to keep it that way? Sounds like we are turning the corner... Hell of an Atmosphere....
Lets hope they continue to improve it even more.

I'll never understand folks who go to the games and just sit and watch.

Unless they are physically impaired that is.

Brasky7
1/29/2006, 02:49 PM
was it just me or did it actually look brighter?

it was like the white shirts helped the place look, how do you say, ah yes, less dimly lit... :D

TopDawg
1/29/2006, 03:36 PM
was it just me or did it actually look brighter?

it was like the white shirts helped the place look, how do you say, ah yes, less dimly lit... :D

If you're talking about the TV feed, I think the white shirts had something to do with it, but you also can't discount the fact that it was being filmed with ESPN cameras and broadcast on the ESPN network...not with ESPN+ cameras on UPN.

Brasky7
1/29/2006, 04:27 PM
If you're talking about the TV feed, I think the white shirts had something to do with it, but you also can't discount the fact that it was being filmed with ESPN cameras and broadcast on the ESPN network...not with ESPN+ cameras on UPN.

yeah, i was talkin about on tv...

did it appear any "less dim" in person?

OUstud
1/29/2006, 05:23 PM
Great chants too...G-P-A was my favorite.

StoopTroup
1/29/2006, 06:38 PM
GPA = Grand Pa Aggie?

Jay C. Upchurch
1/29/2006, 06:42 PM
Some of you folks evidently haven't been to an OU home game the last two seasons. The Lloyd Noble got a whole new lighting system prior to the 2004-05 season and it is one of the better lit venues in the Big 12 now.

birddog
1/29/2006, 07:23 PM
I imagine Kelvin wanted it to be as dim as a strip bar until we got accustomed to the Depression Era-like :) scores.

OUstud
1/29/2006, 08:53 PM
Some of you folks evidently haven't been to an OU home game the last two seasons. The Lloyd Noble got a whole new lighting system prior to the 2004-05 season and it is one of the better lit venues in the Big 12 now.

Save for KSU, I can see the upper levels of every other Big XII arena even when the game's on the WB.

StoopTroup
1/29/2006, 09:41 PM
I went to the Texas game last year Jay.

LNC is much improved.

The entrance to Kelvin and Sherri's office areas was awesome too.

The trophy cases bring back some very cool memories.

I saw a huge framed pick of Najera in the Office that day.

I think it was signed by Ed.

I wonder who got to keep that?

GottaHavePride
1/29/2006, 10:07 PM

Most are probably just going off what they see on TV. The difference is that on tv the court is so freaking bright that it completely washes out the stands (and red shirts disappear into the red seats) and it looks like there aren't any lights on in the rest of the arena. White shirts fixed that on tv.

Sooner04
1/30/2006, 09:38 AM
The Lloyd Noble got a whole new lighting system prior to the 2004-05 season and it is one of the better lit venues in the Big 12 now.
I've been to all of the Big 12 South venues and we still have the worst lighting in the division, but that shouldn't matter.

It used to be ten times darker in there when I first started going to games. They dimmed every light over the crowd except for the lamps around the upper concourse right at tip-off.

IronSooner
1/30/2006, 12:23 PM

Actually I haven't. I graduated in December '03, so the '03-'04 season was my last. I remember they improved it from what it used to be, which was awful, but haven't seen it since. I now only get to watch when it's on national ESPN. Big 10 games generally seem more raucous on TV than OU games have in the past, so I was surprised at how the crowd looked at the UT game.

Vegas Sooner
1/30/2006, 12:36 PM

........Havent been to a game since I graduated and left Norman, but I do watch everygame that is televised. It was just the white out theme I think.