PDA

View Full Version : McCoy? I got yer update...

GottaHavePride
1/28/2006, 09:54 PM
So a good friend of mine just got hired by McCoy's school. That's right, he's Gerald McCoy's new band director. (I didn't realize McCoy's also the drumline captain...)

All I've heard so far: USC was at the school all last week. McCoy's still leaning toward OU.

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/28/2006, 10:04 PM
Go away USC fag's

Hes OUr's

GottaHavePride
1/28/2006, 10:14 PM
From what I understand being near his family is important to him, so he's pre-disposed to stay local.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/28/2006, 10:33 PM
URGENT to McCoy:

Sonics in southern CA are few and far between! No one here has heard of tater tots!
Whataburgers are nonexistent!
There is NOTHING called "barbecue" that is worthy of the name!
Every other person is NOT wearing a USC shirt!
MOST people here that I've met (except bandwagoners) do NOT care about college football! :eek:

Go to OU and soak up the love!

And make our shared high school alma mater proud!!! (Oh Southeast High School is the school for me, I know no other place I'd rather be...etc.)

Desert Sapper
1/28/2006, 10:47 PM
Wonder if he'll be in the pride...maybe change into his band uniform before halftime, then leave the field early to change back into pads? :cool:

Who wouldn't want to see a superstar D-Lineman leading the Pride in a rendition of "OKLAHOMA!" Sweet.

JohnnyMack
1/28/2006, 11:11 PM
Whataburgers are nonexistent!

They do have In-N-Out Burger. :O

Cam
1/28/2006, 11:14 PM
They do have In-N-Out Burger. :O
Overrated (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap), overrated.

JohnnyMack
1/28/2006, 11:16 PM

I dunno, in a no-holds barred cage match I think Whataburger vs. In-N-Out Burger would be closer than you think.

sooner518
1/28/2006, 11:16 PM
Was Mccoy at the game tonight? they mentioned on TV that Stoops was there with some recruits.

Frozen Sooner
1/28/2006, 11:24 PM
Supposedly he was. Apparently a chant went up for him and he acknowledged the fans with a big smile and a bow.

McCoy is coming to OU. No way no how is he going elsewhere.

Cam
1/28/2006, 11:24 PM
I dunno, in a no-holds barred cage match I think Whataburger vs. In-N-Out Burger would be closer than you think.
IMO, In-n-out is no contest for Whataburger.

Tailwind
1/28/2006, 11:27 PM
In-n-out rocks, but Sonic kicks *** too.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/28/2006, 11:30 PM
IMO, In-n-out is no contest for Whataburger.

Amen. In-n-out is disgusting. I ate there once because I'd heard all the hype. Never again. <retches>

william_brasky
1/28/2006, 11:36 PM
Wonder if he'll be in the pride...maybe change into his band uniform before halftime, then leave the field early to change back into pads? :cool:

Who wouldn't want to see a superstar D-Lineman leading the Pride in a rendition of "OKLAHOMA!" Sweet.

They'd have to special order the band uni. He's a big kid.

Flagstaffsooner
1/28/2006, 11:37 PM
They do have In-N-Out Booger. :O
fixed it

Frozen Sooner
1/28/2006, 11:38 PM
By the way, this is a minor but valid reason to show up and be loud and crazy at basketball games: Bob loves basketball, and he loves to take recruits to games. Kids are going to have a better time at a place that's going ape**** than at a mausoleum.

ArklahomaSooner
1/28/2006, 11:41 PM
Obviously I hope McCoy inks with the Sooners and shines so bright people say Tommy Harris who? But does anyone on this board have any info on what's going on with the search to replace Wyatt? With Long and he gone, settling the staff on the offensive side of the ball is HUGE.

OklahomaTrombone
1/28/2006, 11:55 PM
The only good thing at In-and-Out is their fries.

they RMFO

KingDavid
1/29/2006, 01:39 AM
Obviously I hope McCoy inks with the Sooners and shines so bright people say Tommy Harris who? But does anyone on this board have any info on what's going on with the search to replace Wyatt? With Long and he gone, settling the staff on the offensive side of the ball is HUGE.

I agree. I saw some stuff at rivals that had some short list of people and I couldn't make much sense of it to tell you the truth. it's a complex dynamic - here's what we need, based on all of the moving parts:

1) a great WR coach who can continue the momentum of our new 3 and develop the young crowd like e-hug and tunnell.

2) an awesome recruiter

3) someone who can give the o-line his full attention since KW will be more big picture.

I personally think it's going to require 2 coaches - one for the WR's and one FT for the o-line (even if that's a Grad. Assistant). Both have to come ego-free.

But back to your question, has any one seen any print on this? Point us to a link?

NS5
1/29/2006, 10:38 AM
Size-wise what a burgers are bigger, taste-wise
in and out are better, especially with the big slice
of onion.
BUT who cares I think Smitty will not let you
eat either of them anyway.

Soonrboy
1/29/2006, 10:48 AM
Nevermind...

MamaMia
1/29/2006, 11:55 AM
So a good friend of mine just got hired by McCoy's school. That's right, he's Gerald McCoy's new band director. (I didn't realize McCoy's also the drumline captain...)

All I've heard so far: USC was at the school all last week. McCoy's still leaning toward OU.
Are the recruiters at USC allowed to stay in a kids hometown at his school for an entire week?

OUGreg723
1/29/2006, 12:07 PM
Size-wise what a burgers are bigger, taste-wise
in and out are better, especially with the big slice
of onion.
BUT who cares I think Smitty will not let you
eat either of them anyway.

What Shmitty won't know, won't hurt him...:D ;)

TripleOption14
1/29/2006, 01:13 PM
You don't go to So Cal and eat burgers and fries. When you go you eat the MEXICAN food people. :D Jilberto's is to DIE for!! But if you insist on wanted burgers and fries theres a little family owned joint in Escondido (north of Mira Mesa) called George's Burgers. Funny thing is he's a mexican guy but cooks one HELL of a burger!! They put In n Out and Whataburger to shame. Trust me i've lived in both region for a number of years and George's is the best out of both.

Zing
1/29/2006, 01:24 PM

Heh... You might be surprised. I'm 6'7" (tight end bone structure) and my uniform's a little long on me. They got some gartantuas in that closet up there.

Jimminy Crimson
1/29/2006, 02:17 PM
They got some gartantuas in the closet up there.

Them theres some big gays. ;)

OklahomaTrombone
1/29/2006, 02:37 PM
I'll never forget when we first got the new uniforms right before the Rose Bowl and we all had clown pants.

goingoneight
1/29/2006, 03:40 PM
SUC wanted Reggie from us, now they want McCoy? And they claim there is no such thing as Oklahoma-born talent...

EstablishedSooner1967
1/29/2006, 06:09 PM
GottahavePride....... sounds like you are well informed, I know this guy from 31flavors that knows McCoys sister and she said he was thinking about going to OU.

KStatePike
1/29/2006, 06:36 PM
Amen. In-n-out is disgusting. I ate there once because I'd heard all the hype. Never again. <retches>

how in the world do you think in n out is disgusting?? Its the best fast food I've EVER had... EVER. They only sell 4 things, burgers, fries, shakes, and cokes, and it is all perfect. I do wish that there were more jack in the box's out here tho. The commercials alone for jack in the box are awesome.

Collier11
1/29/2006, 06:44 PM
IN N OUT is without a doubt OVERRATED!! ITs quality food but it is not anything to call home about. I had it when I was in LA for the UCLA game and was pretty much neutral. Good but nothing special

OklahomaTrombone
1/29/2006, 06:56 PM
Seriously...their fries are the best thing there.

If Red Robin had I&O fries...I don't think I'd ever leave

MojoRisen
1/29/2006, 06:56 PM
NEW JACK CITY

SoonerDood
1/29/2006, 07:45 PM

I'm batting 1.000 when it comes to eating at Whataburger and getting crippling diarrhea. Not so with In-N-Out Burger, although you would think with the name...

SoonerDood
1/29/2006, 07:47 PM
SUC wanted Reggie from us, now they want McCoy? And they claim there is no such thing as Oklahoma-born talent...
I guess Eshbach was wrong about USC and OU never going head to head for recruits.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/29/2006, 08:58 PM
how in the world do you think in n out is disgusting?? Its the best fast food I've EVER had... EVER. They only sell 4 things, burgers, fries, shakes, and cokes, and it is all perfect. I do wish that there were more jack in the box's out here tho. The commercials alone for jack in the box are awesome.

I think it's that yukky orange sauce.

RiddlerOK
1/29/2006, 09:25 PM
URGENT to McCoy: Sonics in southern CA are few and far between! No one here has heard of tater tots!

Trust her on this one. I helped open the very first Sonic in California in 1990 and they never had more than 7 stores in the state. :)

OUGreg723
1/29/2006, 09:28 PM
SONIC is life

..so is my avatar. My gawd is she beautiful. I want to cry.

RiddlerOK
1/29/2006, 09:28 PM

I lived in California 8 years and I agree wholeheartedly. In-N-Out Burgers are nothing special. In fact, I thought they sucked back then and I pretty much think they suck now (especially their french fries). No comparison to Sonic or Braums in quality.

RiddlerOK
1/29/2006, 09:37 PM
You don't go to So Cal and eat burgers and fries. When you go you eat the MEXICAN food people. :D Jilberto's is to DIE for!! But if you insist on wanted burgers and fries theres a little family owned joint in Escondido (north of Mira Mesa) called George's Burgers. Funny thing is he's a mexican guy but cooks one HELL of a burger!! They put In n Out and Whataburger to shame. Trust me i've lived in both region for a number of years and George's is the best out of both.

Yep, you can't beat George's for good home-cooked burgers, a la Johnnie's Charcoal Broiler. I guarantee In-N-Out isn't going to challenge them!

Ahhh, Mexican family-owned chains in the San Dog.........

Adalberto's, Chevy's, Los Panchos, Mama Rositas, El Pollo Loco, Del Taco, Esmerelda's, Alberto's, etc. etc. etc. Love the burritos at just about all of them.

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/29/2006, 09:37 PM
You guys should try Scotty P's in Frisco, Texas

I have a hard time finishing any meal because I feel full about half way through it, but I finished every bite there because it was so freakin good.

OUGreg723
1/29/2006, 09:38 PM
Don't get me started on Braum's!!:D

You guys who live in Oklahoma and the rest of the south are SOOO LUCKY. I love Sonic and Braum's.....:(

I miss them so.....

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/29/2006, 09:38 PM
I promise to try to make this my last hamburger post on this thread :D ...

but...

another message to McCoy:

No one outside Oklahoma knows what a theta burger is.

Edited to add: Can anyone say Boomerang?

OUGreg723
1/29/2006, 09:40 PM
It is rather funny how a Gerald McCoy thread turned into Hamburgers. LOL.

bspoke1
1/29/2006, 10:05 PM
IN N OUT is without a doubt OVERRATED!! ITs quality food but it is not anything to call home about. I had it when I was in LA for the UCLA game and was pretty much neutral. Good but nothing special

When you order your burger you gotta say "Double Double,Animal Style".That means double meat with grilled onions.

GDC
1/29/2006, 10:09 PM
It is rather funny how a Gerald McCoy thread turned into Hamburgers. LOL.

In the recruiting forum it morphed into a taco joint thread.

OUGreg723
1/29/2006, 10:13 PM
In the recruiting forum it morphed into a taco joint thread.

What if Gerald sees these threads and thinks that we associate him with food, then he gets his feelings hurt, decides he likes mexican more than Sonic and Whataburger, and signs with USC!!:(

GDC
1/29/2006, 10:14 PM
What if Gerald sees these threads and thinks that we associate him with food, then he gets his feelings hurt, decides he likes mexican more than Sonic and Whataburger, and signs with USC!!:(

Naw, Norman's got Pepe's:)

OUGreg723
1/29/2006, 10:17 PM
ohh I've never been there! I'll put that on my to do list when I get down to Norman in August! The Mont is some damn fine dining too. Who could forget Del Rancho??!!

sooner518
1/29/2006, 10:34 PM
I moved to the Chicago area 5 months ago, and Sonic is one of the things I miss the most.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/29/2006, 10:39 PM

NOOOOO...we're just trying to warn him, having gone before him, what he'll miss if he leaves!!!

BASSooner
1/29/2006, 10:44 PM
hmm USC=queer land and Gerald=not-a-queer...hmmmmm

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/29/2006, 10:49 PM
NOOOOO...we're just trying to warn him, having gone before him, what he'll miss if he leaves!!!

Sorry to quote myself, but I had an afterthought:

I also miss thunderstorms. And the sweet prairie smell when the wind comes right behind the rain.

GottaHavePride
1/29/2006, 10:54 PM
Hell, I'm IN Oklahoma and I miss thunderstorms. Yesterday morning was the first time it's rained in about a month and a half. I want water falling from the skies and perhaps some weather that requires more than a light jacket at the end of January!

CatfishSooner
1/29/2006, 11:17 PM
me hungry...

panhandlesooner
1/29/2006, 11:20 PM
Is Dinco's still open? Great Darling in the 60's!!

westcoast_sooner
1/29/2006, 11:57 PM
The only good thing at In-and-Out is their fries.

Nah, In-and-Out's fries is where they come up short. The burgers are different, but I WISH we had a Whataburger out here in Cali. In-and-Out's burgers are good, but can't hold a candle to Whataburger.

GottaHavePride
1/30/2006, 12:01 AM
I've never been to a Whataburger. I don't want to get beat up by an OSU football player. ;) but I did think In-N-Out Burger fairly rocked my face off while I was in California. There's a place in Wichita that will do a "California-style" burger. It's just not the same.

snp
1/30/2006, 01:00 AM
You guys do know that at In-N-Out you can have however many patties and slices of cheese you want? I've conquored everything up to the 6 by 6. Next time I make it out to California I'm taking out the 7 by 7.

Ruuuuuufus
1/30/2006, 01:05 AM
sorry, the best thing on whataburger's menu is their breakfast taquitos :o

Soonerfan1993
1/30/2006, 01:20 AM
You guys do know that at In-N-Out you can have however many patties and slices of cheese you want? I've conquored everything up to the 6 by 6. Next time I make it out to California I'm taking out the 7 by 7.

Sounds like a Heart Attack Waiting To Happen :eek:

stoopified
1/30/2006, 01:36 AM
Supposedly he was. Apparently a chant went up for him and he acknowledged the fans with a big smile and a bow.

McCoy is coming to OU. No way no how is he going elsewhere.Well I also have heard him talk about how close he is to Tommie Harris,so I tend to agree.Sure hope we are right Froze.

Collier11
1/30/2006, 02:29 AM
I'm batting 1.000 when it comes to eating at Whataburger and getting crippling diarrhea. .

EEEWWWW I heard that brother, whataburger breakfast raped my colon and it had me in knots

Scott D
1/30/2006, 07:00 AM
I moved to the Chicago area 5 months ago, and Sonic is one of the things I miss the most.

in the Chicago area you are closer to a Sonic than I am in Detroit.

RacerX
1/30/2006, 07:50 AM
Keep it up and this thread will get moved to the South Oval.

sooner518
1/30/2006, 08:17 AM
in the Chicago area you are closer to a Sonic than I am in Detroit.
very true. I think the closest one is in Champaign, IL, which is about 2 hours from me. Im thinking road trip.

BermudaSooner
1/30/2006, 09:05 AM

I thought those unis start at size XL and just go up from there. I'm pretty sure it is the size medium band unform that you have to special order.

mrowl
1/30/2006, 09:07 AM
I thought those unis start at size XL and just go up from there. I'm pretty sure it is the size medium band unform that you have to special order.

:D :D :D

Norm In Norman
1/30/2006, 09:18 AM
I'm batting 1.000 when it comes to eating at Whataburger and getting crippling diarrhea. Not so with In-N-Out Burger, although you would think with the name...
My wife and I ate at the short lived Whataburger on Lindsey about 2 or 3 weeks after it opened. We were both so sick that neither of us could hardly move (unless it was between the toilet and the bed) for a week. being poor college students, we couldn't go to the doctor either. I think we were both on the verge of dying from dehydration.

Needless to say, that was the first and last time I go to a whataburger. My intestines are aching just thinking about it.

okienole3
1/30/2006, 09:21 AM
Whataburger is the nuts. Sonic is good too. Never had In-and-Out.

Norm In Norman
1/30/2006, 09:23 AM
Seriously...their fries are the best thing there.

If Red Robin had I&O fries...I don't think I'd ever leave
Talk about overrated. RR makes an average burger that they cover up with about any type of topping you can think of to make it taste good THEN they charge you $9 for it. Just imagine what pineapple and jalepenos would taste like on an above average burger.

bspoke1
1/30/2006, 09:25 AM
very true. I think the closest one is in Champaign, IL, which is about 2 hours from me. Im thinking road trip.
There used to be one in Ft Wayne.I used to live in munster and that was the closestfor me;)

okienole3
1/30/2006, 09:25 AM
Talk about overrated. RR makes an average burger that they cover up with about any type of topping you can think of to make it taste good THEN they charge you $9 for it. Just imagine what pineapple and jalepenos would taste like on an above average burger.

All you can eat fries though. Don't forget about that.

Norm In Norman
1/30/2006, 09:26 AM
ohh I've never been there! I'll put that on my to do list when I get down to Norman in August! The Mont is some damn fine dining too. Who could forget Del Rancho??!!
Never been to PePe's? The loco burrito is crazy. holy cow it's good.

AllDay28
1/30/2006, 09:29 AM
What about "Big Kahuna Burger?" I here they make a tasty burger.:cool:

AllDay28
1/30/2006, 09:30 AM
Sorry, I meant "hear." It's Monday.

Norm In Norman
1/30/2006, 09:36 AM
All you can eat fries though. Don't forget about that.
This is like the greatest marketing ploy ever, and everyone falls for this type of stuff. Why pay $9 for a crappy hamburger at a hamburger joint so you can have $0.25 worth of fries? I went to county line BBQ last week and they have about the worst bbq I've ever had the displeasure of eating. Although the bread was good and the sides were good, I WENT THERE TO HAVE BBQ! What good is a BBQ place if your BBQ succs?

I just don't want to suffer through an expensive burger just so I can get unlimited french fries.

okienole3
1/30/2006, 09:42 AM
This is like the greatest marketing ploy ever, and everyone falls for this type of stuff. Why pay $9 for a crappy hamburger at a hamburger joint so you can have $0.25 worth of fries? I went to county line BBQ last week and they have about the worst bbq I've ever had the displeasure of eating. Although the bread was good and the sides were good, I WENT THERE TO HAVE BBQ! What good is a BBQ place if your BBQ succs?

I just don't want to suffer through an expensive burger just so I can get unlimited french fries.

Touche'. Unless, you like fries more than burgers.

OUGreg723
1/30/2006, 10:21 AM

:eek:

you tha man!

JohnnyMack
1/30/2006, 11:12 AM
http://texasburgerguy.blogspot.com/2005/01/review-8-kincaids-hamburgers-fort.html

much as I hate to admit it, this place is the ****.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/30/2006, 11:17 AM
Hey, anybody ever heard of Goldies? :D

Seriously, I thought I read that McCoy told Notre Dame that he wasn't going there because he was looking to go somewhere closer to home. South Bend is quite a bit closer than So Cal. Seems to me if we can convince him not to go to Central Okla or Mid America Bible College then he is ours.;)

OUFan22
1/30/2006, 01:26 PM
Hey, anybody ever heard of Goldies?
Yes. Goldies is very good. There is a Goldies near Grand Lake and Grove, OK. There are many more throughout Oklahoma, but that is probably the closest one to Webb City. I don't recall if Joplin or Miami has one.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/30/2006, 02:31 PM
I think there used to be a Goldies in Joplin like 20 years ago but it folded. Too bad because it is good stuff. Unless we opt to tailgate my brother and I usually hit the Goldies in Norman before the game. I've been to the one in Claremore and one in Pryor and I think Shawnee might have one. Of course the Norman Goldies is a good shrine to OU so it is an added bonus.

Actually for a semi-fast food place I think Backyard Burgers is pretty good.

This thread was about McCoy wasn't it? This is like the Kevin Bacon Lettuce & Tomato game.

bspoke1
1/30/2006, 03:05 PM
All this talk about burgers has made me hungry.We have sonic out here in tarheel country but we dont have taco bueno.Yum Yum.Someone needs to tell Mr. McCoy that you dont think you will miss the hometown food joints until you cant get it. Believe me, there is notta thing in South Bend or LA that comes close to mamas cooking.:)

Sooner Born & Sooner Bred
1/30/2006, 03:52 PM
Awwwwwww SONIC!! I miss sonic... Up here in Yankeeland we have 1 Sonic... 2 hours away from me, and it's just not the same.. a month and a half, I will be enjoying a footlong cheese coney with Mustard & Onions, and some Tater Tots with cheeseeeeeeee! Yummm Gawd I miss Sonic.. Ok sorry .... McCoy better come to OU!! USC Sucks! LOL :P

MiccoMacey
1/30/2006, 04:20 PM
Awwwwwww SONIC!! I miss sonic... Up here in Yankeeland we have 1 Sonic... 2 hours away from me, and it's just not the same.. a month and a half, I will be enjoying a footlong cheese coney with Mustard & Onions, and some Tater Tots with cheeseeeeeeee! Yummm Gawd I miss Sonic.. Ok sorry .... McCoy better come to OU!! USC Sucks! LOL :P

I will be visiting a Sonics (one of the many in my immediate driving area) in about 35 minutes when the children awake from their afternoon slumber.

I believe I will have a refreshing beverage from that fine establishment. Possibly of the Route 44 persuasion. :D

bspoke1
1/30/2006, 04:32 PM
Happy Hour at Sonic .I sure miss that.:rolleyes:

OUFan22
1/30/2006, 07:19 PM
I think there used to be a Goldies in Joplin like 20 years ago but it folded. Too bad because it is good stuff. Unless we opt to tailgate my brother and I usually hit the Goldies in Norman before the game. I've been to the one in Claremore and one in Pryor and I think Shawnee might have one. Of course the Norman Goldies is a good shrine to OU so it is an added bonus.

Actually for a semi-fast food place I think Backyard Burgers is pretty good.

This thread was about McCoy wasn't it? This is like the Kevin Bacon Lettuce & Tomato game.
I used to eat at the Goldies in Claremore all the time. Claremore is my hometown. I moved away two years ago. My wife is from Pryor. Cool!!!

OUFan22
1/30/2006, 07:21 PM
I will be visiting a Sonics (one of the many in my immediate driving area) in about 35 minutes when the children awake from their afternoon slumber.

I believe I will have a refreshing beverage from that fine establishment. Possibly of the Route 44 persuasion. :D
My favorite drink at Sonic is a Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. The sonic on Peoria in Tulsa is the place to be on Friday nights when all of the classic and musclecars come out to fill the place. Gotta love it!

One last thing! Come on Gerald McCoy, please join the Sooner Nation!

sooner518
1/30/2006, 07:29 PM
Goldies and Sonic are great, but I miss Ron's hamburgers more than anything. Best burgers ever.

okienole3
1/30/2006, 07:34 PM
I will tell you a good burger place in Dallas. Spek to anyone who has ever been there.

Bailey's 1st and 10

MiccoMacey
1/30/2006, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=OUFan22]My favorite drink at Sonic is a Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.QUOTE]

Had one on Friday (diet DP of course). Deeeelicious!!!