PDA

View Full Version : Jerk's safe driving tip for today

Jerk
1/28/2006, 02:51 PM
I just want to let you guys know that when it is raining, my 18 wheeler produces a rather large rooster tail behind me.

If you do not have your head-lights on, I cannot see you until you're right next to my door. Of course, you had to pass 48 feet of trailer to get there before you became visible. A sudden lane switch would have gained you a net 27 tons of cement powder, and that doesn't inlcude the weight of the vehicle.

Just something to think about b/c you'd be surprised how many people don't use their lights in the rain.

yermom
1/28/2006, 02:53 PM
i thought you didn't work if it rained?

Jerk
1/28/2006, 02:54 PM
The concrete mixers don't work in rain (usually). But, If there is still room for a load of cement powder in the silo, I do.

My company does not let me drive on ice.

These guys don't like rain:
http://www.truckstopmodels.com/images/catalog/at93112_lg.jpg

I drive something like this:
http://www.schwendinc.com/images/truck_home.gif

Nab'R
1/28/2006, 02:56 PM
You get spoiled with the new vehicles that have daytime running lights and forget to turn them on when you drive your old vehicle.

crawfish
1/28/2006, 03:11 PM
The guy in the semi right behind me had problems seeing me this morning, too, which was obviously why he felt he needed to drive 5 feet behind my bumper in the pouring rain at 55mph. :mad:

Newbomb Turk
1/28/2006, 03:14 PM
The guy in the semi right behind me had problems seeing me this morning, too, which was obviously why he felt he needed to drive 5 feet behind my bumper in the pouring rain at 55mph. :mad:

What a jerk.

soonerscuba
1/28/2006, 03:15 PM
I've got automatic lights, but I've never thought about it before as far as rain during the day.

SoonerInKCMO
1/28/2006, 03:23 PM
I've got automatic lights, but I've never thought about it before as far as rain during the day.

:confused: You mean you haven't thought of using your lights in the rain?

soonerscuba
1/28/2006, 03:27 PM
:confused: You mean you haven't thought of using your lights in the rain?

they gots a mind of their own man, I don't know if they are on or not during the day, when it rains.

85Sooner
1/28/2006, 06:14 PM
I just want to let you guys know that when it is raining, my 18 wheeler produces a rather large rooster tail behind me.

If you do not have your head-lights on, I cannot see you until you're right next to my door. Of course, you had to pass 48 feet of trailer to get there before you became visible. A sudden lane switch would have gained you a net 27 tons of cement powder, and that doesn't inlcude the weight of the vehicle.

Just something to think about b/c you'd be surprised how many people don't use their lights in the rain.

Thanks for the FYI. Alot of people don't show enough respect for you all out there. sometimes to their detriment.

olevetonahill
1/28/2006, 09:34 PM
No matter what turn em on when it rains

Sooner_Bob
1/28/2006, 10:32 PM
Exactly. Turn 'em on . . .

sanantoniosooner
1/28/2006, 11:51 PM
Some morons don't realize that the lights are for other peoples benefit, during the rain anyway.

soonerbrat
1/29/2006, 10:38 AM
i always drive with my lights on. rain or shine.