PDA

View Full Version : The Dusty Dvoracek Fan Club thread . . .

KingDavid
1/28/2006, 12:26 PM
A brief, but great interview with DD at www.soonerscoop.com. I think he just became my favorite Sooner. What a solid dude.

I'm not sure how he stacks up pound for pound (physically) with what NFL teams want in a first round selection; but mentally and emotionally you have to love him. Here's a guy who has already shown that he has the patience, persistence, and humility to own up to some big-time blunders and significant personal weaknesses and do what is necessary to overcome them. That has to be a huge advantage for NFL teams who care about chemistry and character as much as they do about talent. Dusty is the kind of player that is going to settle in with one team for his whole career (probably the one that drafts him), work his arse off wherever the coaches want him to play, be a pro-bowler for about 5-8 years, and be one of the team's most popular players when he retires.

Depending on what his draft stock looks like when its time, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Steelers or one of the other late-round play-off teams pick him up in the first round. Cower loves this type of player, and I think they have a couple of aging DTs that will need to be replaced.

We need either Dusty or Davin to get in the first round so we can keep our streak alive . . .

StoopTroup
1/28/2006, 12:47 PM
I could see DD as a Raider, Steeler, Bears type guy.

He's got some work to do.

I wish him luck with the NFL and in his life.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/28/2006, 01:35 PM
The man was born to be a Raider.

KingDavid
1/28/2006, 01:57 PM
The man was born to be a Raider.

Exactly. Like I said, Dusty has proved that you can get away with all sorts of irresponsible, wreckless, self-centered behavior and still make it rich and be a great athlete. Who cares what happens to the team, right?

He's a born Raider for sure.

MojoRisen
1/28/2006, 02:20 PM
I wouldn't mind him being a Steeler, Kevin Greene type- sick bastage. Love em and wish him luck...

okienole3
1/28/2006, 02:49 PM
The off the field incidents will catch up with him come draft day.

snp
1/28/2006, 03:11 PM

Like punching a guy that raped a friend? Big deal.

Unless there's more I haven't heard about Dusty.

KingDavid
1/28/2006, 03:14 PM

If that is the case, those incidents will make him a bargain because its clear that he didn't just "skate" through that incident. he dealt with it and is the better man for it, if you ask me. he's no Marcus Vick.

everyone has skeletons in their closets. the people who make me the most nervous are the ones who come off like they have no problems.

let's put it this way: if the Packers could take Michael Hawkins with a 4th round pick, with almost no college experience and very little assurance that he had overcome his emotional issues; then how high will Dusty go - a proven all-american who has gone a full year in the lime-light as a team captain after his "off-the-field" incidents?

At this point, it would be silly for his status to be affected by more than 2-3 slots, if you ask me.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/28/2006, 03:20 PM
Exactly. Like I said, Dusty has proved that you can get away with all sorts of irresponsible, wreckless, self-centered behavior and still make it rich and be a great athlete. Who cares what happens to the team, right?

He's a born Raider for sure.:confused: I was just referring to his biker-type physical image. He APPEARS to be taking a more responsible and team-oriented role than before-dealing with his problem.

yermom
1/28/2006, 04:00 PM
If that is the case, those incidents will make him a bargain because its clear that he didn't just "skate" through that incident. he dealt with it and is the better man for it, if you ask me. he's no Marcus Vick.

everyone has skeletons in their closets. the people who make me the most nervous are the ones who come off like they have no problems.

let's put it this way: if the Packers could take Michael Hawkins with a 4th round pick, with almost no college experience and very little assurance that he had overcome his emotional issues; then how high will Dusty go - a proven all-american who has gone a full year in the lime-light as a team captain after his "off-the-field" incidents?

At this point, it would be silly for his status to be affected by more than 2-3 slots, if you ask me.

they both got into trouble and had to basically sit out a year right?

look at them both now.

SoonerStormchaser
1/28/2006, 06:31 PM
Personally, I think Dusty will get drafted...by Vince McMahon in the first round of the WWE Draft! #1 pick!!!

Collier11
1/28/2006, 06:39 PM

Where did you get that from, Ive never heard anything like that about the dusty incident

okienole3
1/28/2006, 06:48 PM

Where did you get that from, Ive never heard anything like that about the dusty incident

That is because it isn't true. Well, I guess it could be true about the second incident, but not the first.

snp
1/28/2006, 06:48 PM

One of my friends went to HS with him and all the people invovled with it.

Take that for what it is she could be full of it, but I'll tend to believe it.

In other gossip news, Jamaal Brown bought a house in Wood Creek and is finishing his degree. So let's start a fan club for him too.

Collier11
1/28/2006, 09:16 PM
Ummm, dusty got a beer poured on him then his best friend from hs pushed him, thats why he beat his ***. No one got raped, that is rediculous

KingDavid
1/29/2006, 01:46 AM
they both got into trouble and had to basically sit out a year right?

look at them both now.

Hawkins never came back to D-I. He want to the arena league from what i understand.

bigdsooner
1/29/2006, 01:55 AM
i wish dusty had another year of eligibility

yermom
1/29/2006, 02:40 AM
Hawkins never came back to D-I. He want to the arena league from what i understand.

i was responding to the "he's no Marcus Vick" comment.

i think DD has shown that he can stay out of trouble

they talk about him being a good comeback story, i think he should be OK

OUthunder
1/29/2006, 10:11 AM
I was watching Dusty in the Senior Bowl yesterday and he was basically double teamed on every down. When he wasn't, he either blew up the play or got to the QB. He made the Penn State DE look all world.

TXBOOMER
1/29/2006, 03:31 PM
One of my friends went to HS with him and all the people invovled with it.

Take that for what it is she could be full of it, but I'll tend to believe it.

In other gossip news, Jamaal Brown bought a house in Wood Creek and is finishing his degree. So let's start a fan club for him too.

Your friend is a liar. Take this advice. Don't believe a word your friend says.

Some drinking going on. Mouths running and a dude got punched. There was nothing about rape in this incident.

bigdsooner
1/29/2006, 03:34 PM
I was watching Dusty in the Senior Bowl yesterday and he was basically double teamed on every down. When he wasn't, he either blew up the play or got to the QB. He made the Penn State DE look all world.

yep, and got no love for it. dusty has been thru some sh*t over the last 2 years and is a better person and fb player cause of it. give the guy his due, he's an animal. but yet, the talk was the psu player even though you could see dusty was the reason for his success. the only good thing is dusty doesnt have to prove himself, people know what he's capable of and how dominant he can be.
thanks for being a Sooner Dusty, good luck

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/30/2006, 04:44 PM
Dusty Dvoracek played Russian Roulete with a fully loaded gun and won.

Dusty Dvoracek is the only man to ever defeat a brick wall in a game of tennis.

When Dusty Dvoracek jumps into a body of water, he doesn't get wet. The water gets Dusty instead.

Dusty Dvoracek was originally cast as Aragorn in Lord of the Rings. He was fired for eating the Hobbits between takes and making Orlando Bloom his bitch.

Dusty Dvoracek owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 2003 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoloy card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game UNO

Dusty Dvoracek once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.

SoonerStormchaser
1/30/2006, 05:49 PM
oh man...too damned funny

okienole3
1/30/2006, 06:38 PM
Dusty Dvoracek played Russian Roulete with a fully loaded gun and won.

Dusty Dvoracek is the only man to ever defeat a brick wall in a game of tennis.

When Dusty Dvoracek jumps into a body of water, he doesn't get wet. The water gets Dusty instead.

Dusty Dvoracek was originally cast as Aragorn in Lord of the Rings. He was fired for eating the Hobbits between takes and making Orlando Bloom his bitch.

Dusty Dvoracek owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 2003 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoloy card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game UNO

Dusty Dvoracek once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.

Dusty Dvoracek once nearly put a man in a coma for no good reason.

Dusty Dvoracek once broke a man's nose for no good reason.

GottaHavePride
1/30/2006, 06:43 PM
Dusty Dvoracek once nearly put a man in a coma for no good reason.

Dusty Dvoracek once broke a man's nose for no good reason.

okienole3 has never seen the Vin Diesel Random Fact Generator website.

okienole3 is not good at spotting a running joke.

okienole3
1/30/2006, 06:45 PM
I have seen it and I spotted the joke. I just didn't think it was funny. There is a difference.