PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy is trying to succ slightly less

Norm In Norman
1/28/2006, 11:31 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20060126/tc_zd/170077

Norm In Norman
1/28/2006, 11:32 AM
Is this a new feature of the board? Highlight a word in the edit box and press <crtl><b>. See?

I learn something new at least once a week.

RacerX
1/28/2006, 11:37 AM
circuit city is always cheaper on movies/music anymore.

OklahomaTrombone
1/28/2006, 12:01 PM
For now, however, the electronic rebate program for laptops will apply just to rebates Best Buy itself offers, and not third-party suppliers.

Over time, Best Buy will ask third-party vendors to get on board with Best Buy's electronic rebate system. However, the ability of Best Buy to process rebates from third-party vendors will vary by vendor, as the retailer works to establish the program with each manufacturer over time, Lucas added.

Heh.

Most of the rebates on computers are third party anyway..so this isn't really gonna help that much.

Oh and it sounds like they are competing with the Staples Easy Rebates

GrapevineSooner
1/28/2006, 12:12 PM
How about we just eliminate rebates all together?

SOONER44EVER
1/28/2006, 12:18 PM
How about we just eliminate rebates all together?
How about we just eliminate Best Buy? :D

lexsooner
1/28/2006, 12:27 PM
So when are they going to do something about their unhelpful, unfriendly, youthful staff in the blue polo shirts? Duuuude?

BajaOklahoma
1/28/2006, 12:32 PM
Best Buy > Circuit City in our area.

CompUSA rolled out a new store in Frisco that has a huge area devoted to non-computer audio/video (TVs and accessories). They are planning to expand this concept to all of their stores.

OUthunder
1/28/2006, 01:42 PM

Yes, and there website with the customer reviews is very helpful and insightful.

Widescreen
1/28/2006, 01:47 PM
So when are they going to do something about their unhelpful, unfriendly, youthful staff in the blue polo shirts? Duuuude?
This week, I had to tell the same kid 3 times within a 5 minute span that I was fine and didn't need any help. PAY ATTENTION, MORAN!

GottaHavePride
1/28/2006, 02:25 PM
How about we just eliminate Best Buy? :D

What, the only large electronics store in Norman? No thanks. I like not needing to drive to I-240 and Shields to buy crap for my computer.

yermom
1/28/2006, 02:58 PM
What, the only large electronics store in Norman? No thanks. I like not needing to drive to I-240 and Shields to buy crap for my computer.

i generally only go there for computer stuff in an emergency, stuff online is usually like 1/2 the price that it is there

i hate Best Buy, i always end up buying DVD's when i go there :(

Widescreen
1/28/2006, 03:07 PM
i hate Best Buy, i always end up buying DVD's when i go there :(
You say that like it's a bad thing. There's never a wrong time to buy DVD's. :D

Norm In Norman
1/28/2006, 03:37 PM
CompUSA rolled out a new store in Frisco that has a huge area devoted to non-computer audio/video (TVs and accessories). They are planning to expand this concept to all of their stores.
The compusa in the OKC has been selling TVs home theater stuff for a while now.

Penguin
1/28/2006, 04:27 PM
I hate mail-in rebates. I'm still waiting on a $50 rebate check for that Tivo I bought 2 years ago.

I've gotten about 20% of the mail-in rebates that I have sent away for.

Widescreen
1/28/2006, 05:40 PM
I hate mail-in rebates. I'm still waiting on a $50 rebate check for that Tivo I bought 2 years ago.

I've gotten about 20% of the mail-in rebates that I have sent away for.
I followed all the rules on a hard-drive rebate from Frys and they sent me back a card saying the item didn't match the rebate. From now on, I'm photocopying everything before I send it off. Bastages. :mad:

47straight
1/28/2006, 06:17 PM

And they seem to be an order of magnitude more helpful.

Czar Soonerov
1/28/2006, 06:21 PM
Is this a new feature of the board? Highlight a word in the edit box and press <crtl><b>. See?

I learn something new at least once a week.

u suck

cool

BajaOklahoma
1/28/2006, 06:42 PM
I followed all the rules on a hard-drive rebate from Frys and they sent me back a card saying the item didn't match the rebate. From now on, I'm photocopying everything before I send it off. Bastages. :mad:

We've done that for years.
And Frys is the devil. They lie to you. They have crappy return and exchange policies. I hate them. I hope they all die a slow and painful death.

Norm In Norman
1/29/2006, 12:27 AM
u suck

cool
I'm glad someone read that.

OklahomaTrombone
1/29/2006, 12:33 AM
This week, I had to tell the same kid 3 times within a 5 minute span that I was fine and didn't need any help. PAY ATTENTION, MORAN!

You should have told him to tell his supervisor to stop telling him to come over to you.

Stoop Dawg
1/29/2006, 09:49 AM
I used the electronic system to enter a rebate on a printer I bought last week. We'll see if it actually works.