PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone recall the play AP was injured

sugarlakes
1/28/2006, 01:16 AM
in the opening game...what happened and at what point in the game?

Please help settle an argument! I remember he looked great on the opening drive of the second half, but my memory dims after that.

KingDavid
1/28/2006, 01:53 AM
in the opening game...what happened and at what point in the game?

Please help settle an argument! I remember he looked great on the opening drive of the second half, but my memory dims after that.

It was on the next series that OU had the ball; they were driving again and Peterson took a hand off off-tackle left; cut it up inside and was angling slightly back to the right about 5-6 yards when he started to gather horned-frogs onto his shoulders. I think he had about 2 weighing on his left side that he would have carried for another 4-5 yards if somebody hadn't come in from the right and his ankle seemed to give way underneath the weight of everything. It wasn't one of those violent looking things; his foot was like it would normally be - planted; but he was falling forward with 500 pounds of horned frog on his back - he was leaning way forward on it and it just got caught up underneath him, only still facing relatively forward, downfield - if that makes any sense. That's what it looked like to me.

If I recall, that play was going to take the ball inside the TCU 40 - maybe around the 35 or so is where he went down. If he stays healthy that play, we slam it in for 6, break their wills, and I swear we would have won by 21 or more. That touch would have had us up by 7.

so it goes.

birddog
1/28/2006, 03:07 AM
Who is this AP fella people are talking about? Perk is back?

yermom
1/28/2006, 06:12 AM
i don't remember Allen Patrick playing in that game :confused:

chriscappel
1/28/2006, 06:15 AM
Allen Parsons????

AlbqSooner
1/28/2006, 07:27 AM
Allen Parsons????
Nahhhh. He is still a project.

OUGreg723
1/28/2006, 09:18 AM
Associated Press?

sugarlakes
1/28/2006, 10:47 AM
It was on the next series that OU had the ball; they were driving again and Peterson took a hand off off-tackle left; cut it up inside and was angling slightly back to the right about 5-6 yards when he started to gather horned-frogs onto his shoulders. I think he had about 2 weighing on his left side that he would have carried for another 4-5 yards if somebody hadn't come in from the right and his ankle seemed to give way underneath the weight of everything. It wasn't one of those violent looking things; his foot was like it would normally be - planted; but he was falling forward with 500 pounds of horned frog on his back - he was leaning way forward on it and it just got caught up underneath him, only still facing relatively forward, downfield - if that makes any sense. That's what it looked like to me.

If I recall, that play was going to take the ball inside the TCU 40 - maybe around the 35 or so is where he went down. If he stays healthy that play, we slam it in for 6, break their wills, and I swear we would have won by 21 or more. That touch would have had us up by 7.

so it goes.

Thanks. I have since found the game log. The series after the 3Q TD, Sooners drove 14 yards from own 20 to own 34 before punting. Peterson carried twice for short yardage. I think it is the next possession you're thinking about. TCU punter mishandles snap and Sooners start at TCU 16. Peterson gains 6 yards down to the 10 and then we see only Jones rest of that possession as well as the next one. Peterson returns to play until about five minutes left in the game. I think it was the 6 yard gain to the TCU 10 where he was hurt and that when he returned to the game in the 4Q, he was playing injured.

The argument is whether he was injured in the third or fourth quarter. I think that third is correct and that he played injured in the fourth.

birddog
1/28/2006, 12:15 PM
Well done Nancy Drew!!