PDA

View Full Version : Any word on how "Mr. Recruiting Genius" Boo Blake is doing...

Big Red Ron
1/27/2006, 07:40 PM
I haven't heard that he's been involved in scoring any of Oklahoma's best. Is he losing his touch or has he been reassigned to anothe region?

Widescreen
1/27/2006, 07:49 PM
If nothing else, I'm sure he's given out a lot of hugs.

stonecoldsoonerfan
1/28/2006, 05:18 AM
and lessons on who lines up where on the sidelines so everyone on the punt team can actually make it onto the field....

Big Red Ron
1/28/2006, 11:39 AM
and lessons on who lines up where on the sidelines so everyone on the punt team can actually make it onto the field....Remember the twister mat on the sideline...OMG:eek:

Ardmore_Sooner
1/28/2006, 03:26 PM
and lessons on who lines up where on the sidelines so everyone on the punt team can actually make it onto the field....

Wasn't that after a timeout?

okienole3
1/28/2006, 07:31 PM
He is helping Nebraska to be "the best football team in the whole wide world."

RacerX
1/29/2006, 06:28 PM
kidz

lexsooner
1/29/2006, 09:05 PM
Don't you know books and stories will be written about the Callahan/Blake era at Nebraska? No, the Big Guy has not done anything remarkable yet with recruiting or coaching, but I have heard he has improved the accuracy of his bed checks, much better than he did with the Dallas Cowboys.

stoopified
2/1/2006, 02:52 PM
Don't you know books and stories will be written about the Callahan/Blake era at Nebraska? No, the Big Guy has not done anything remarkable yet with recruiting or coaching, but I have heard he has improved the accuracy of his bed checks, much better than he did with the Dallas Cowboys.Is that bed checks or bad checks,or both?

lexsooner
2/1/2006, 05:35 PM
Is that bed checks or bad checks,or both?

I don't know if the big guy wrote bad checks, but I know his most important task with Dallas was doing bed checks for the team. The shame of the Blake era at OU was he did not clean up the off the field madness which occurred under Switzer and Gibbs. The word from good sources was lack of discipline was rampant, and Blake often tried to get others to cover up or go easy on his players who got arrested or in other trouble. When the players stayed in an OKC hotel the night before a home game, I heard they made a mess of the dining facilities and then got into a fistfight once on the bus over which rap music song to play. Actually, I take it back, Blake probably did not even do a good job with bed checks.

soonerjoker
2/4/2006, 02:02 PM
how did "Gibbs" get in there ?????

Collier11
2/4/2006, 03:11 PM
exactly, gibbs' main job was to clean house and he did a pretty good job if you ask me, I still think he got F'd

okienole3
2/4/2006, 04:37 PM
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewcoach.asp?Year=2006&Sport=1&Coach=2

BoomerJack
2/4/2006, 04:48 PM
Just out of curiosity, how did the Huskers' do recruiting this year? Where were they ranked by rivals or ESPN or elsewhere?

Flagstaffsooner
2/5/2006, 08:03 AM
Rivals has the corn-apes as #20.

OUstud
2/26/2006, 09:47 PM
Remember the twister mat on the sideline...OMG:eek:

What was with the Twister mat? Spek to whoever answers it.