PDA

View Full Version : When you get a call from a wrong number...

royalfan5
1/27/2006, 05:18 PM
A. Are you nice to the person

or

B. Make the person feel as small as possible for dialing the wrong number?

Personally I go with choice A.

Beef
1/27/2006, 05:19 PM
I usually call them a tard. And then call them back and call them a tard again.

Petro-Sooner
1/27/2006, 05:20 PM
Depends on how early it is in the morning or how much beer I've had in the evening. But most of the time I'm A.

jk the sooner fan
1/27/2006, 05:20 PM
i usually say who they are asking for isnt there, and take a message.....

colleyvillesooner
1/27/2006, 05:21 PM
My favorite is when you tell them they have the wrong number and they say "You sure? This isn't Mike's phone?"

No, ****stick, I'm not sure. Let me go looking around my house for a dude name "Mike" who's cell phone I've been using for the last 4 years.

Beef
1/27/2006, 05:21 PM
I've also written down the number of the person they were trying to reach and called them to let them know their friends are tards.

Fugue
1/27/2006, 05:22 PM
My favorite is when you tell them they have the wrong number and they say "You sure?"

No, ****stick, I'm not sure. Let me go looking around my house for a dude name "Mike" who's cell phone I've been using for the last 4 years.

word, they think you've made the mistake.

yermom
1/27/2006, 05:25 PM
in the dorms my buddies would always get repeated wrong numbers so they started answering as goofy characters

it kinda started backfiring though :)

BoomerJack
1/27/2006, 05:25 PM
I can't remember the name of the movie but in it, Danny DeVito answers a telephone:

"Hello. You want to speak to Carolyn? She can't talk right now. She has my **** in her mouth."

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/27/2006, 05:29 PM
It depends on how late it is for me. Someone had the wrong number last Saturday night and I ended up calling them back and chatting.

lexsooner
1/27/2006, 07:39 PM
It depends on their attitude. More than once a person who called my number asked me if I knew the correct number. Okay, let's think about that one for a minute. That sort of thing really wears on my patience, but I generally try and be polite. Everyone makes mistakes.

RacerX
1/27/2006, 08:26 PM
I can't remember the name of the movie but in it, Danny DeVito answers a telephone:

"Hello. You want to speak to Carolyn? She can't talk right now. She has my **** in her mouth."

Ruthless People

jrsooner
1/27/2006, 08:28 PM
Depends on the time of day, and how many times they've tried calling.

If it's late at night (early morning) waking me up, and a guy is asking for a girl...my usual comment is something like this...

"We've had a long night and she's sleeping right now. After such a great time, I don't want to wake her. Once she wakes up I can tell her that you called."

BeetDigger
1/27/2006, 08:41 PM
Depends whether it is a guy or a chick. If it is a guy, I go with A. After all, he has your number and if he wants to be a jerk, he can do all sorts of jerkish things with it.

If it is a chick, and I think she's hot, I try to keep the conversation going and turn it into some phone sex.

soonerbrat
1/27/2006, 09:04 PM
I tried to call my dad on Father's Day from Italy and got a wrong number. the guy sounded kinda like my dad so i was like "happy father's day, daddy!" the guy said "um..i flattered but I don't think i'm your father" we talked for a second and I told him I was calling from Italy and he said "oh, can you chat for a few minutes? I've never talked to anyone from Italy before" I said "i'm not from Italy, I'm from Oklahoma" and he was like "OK, nevermind."

just kidding..he still wanted to chat but at half a euro a minute, it was a nogo.

OUthunder
1/27/2006, 09:07 PM
I'm nice unless they do it again and again. Then I get nasty.

lexsooner
1/27/2006, 09:34 PM
True wrong number story: A friend of mine from college got himself hooked up with a girl after he started chatting with her during a wrong number phone call. It turns out she was a fellow college student, fairly attractive. After a long period without a girlfriend or sex, he eventually started dating and sleeping with her. It had all the looks of a fairy tale story in which a wrong number call led to a life long romance and marriage, a great story they could tell their grandchildren.

Well, sometime during this fairy tale romance she runs through a red light and crashes her car. The cop realized she was not drunk but rather had experienced a psychotic episode. She spent some time in a psychiatric hospital. It turns out she had a history of paranoid schizophrenia and previous psychiatric hospitalizations. Anyway, my friend drops her like a ton of bricks.

Sometime later, the top of his Mustang covertible got slashed to bits by her vindictive friends or the girl herself. Even worse, having sex with this schizophrenic girl got my friend really interested in dating and sex again, so he re-entered the dating scene with vigor, and he immediately started dating a teenaged student and got her knocked up and had to marry her.

Moral of this story: People who dial a wrong number you answer probably do so on a regular basis, and if so, are probably defective either in intelligence, mental stability, or both. So, no matter how glib and charming you are, when it is a wrong number from the opposite sex, just hang the d--- phone up, Romeo.

OUinFLA
1/27/2006, 09:39 PM
in the dorms my buddies would always get repeated wrong numbers so they started answering as goofy characters

You mean like.........."Hello, this is doLeMiTe"

BoogercountySooner
1/27/2006, 09:40 PM
Here's my wrong number story. In my home town we have a liquor store that is named Y-Liquor. Y-Liquor's phone number is one number different than mine. My phone rings one night and this female voice say's is this Y-Liquor and I respond "is this a invitation? and she hangs ou. No sense of humor I guess.

OUinFLA
1/27/2006, 09:47 PM
I get a wrong number call several times at our home number.
Now when my wife answers, I can understand, but when I answer with a rather deep baritone voice level and the caller says........"Catherine???", then I know Catherine has some friends without much common sense.
Once I just said " Yes, who is this?"
after a bit of hesitation, they said "This isnt Catherine, is it?"
I said, "Sure it is, why do you ask?"
She hung up before we could get aquainted.

yermom
1/27/2006, 09:52 PM
You mean like.........."Hello, this is doLeMiTe"

doLeMiTe was barely out of diapers when i was in teh dorms

he was like 12 :D

OUinFLA
1/27/2006, 09:55 PM
doLeMiTe was barely out of diapers when i was in teh dorms

he was like 12 :D

How much later before he learned to answer the phone?

:D

1/27/2006, 10:27 PM
Way back when, I was trying to call our property manager and dialed the wrong number. The guy answers with "There ain't no 'Renda' here, you dump ****."

Then he hung up.

At first I was angry, but realized my anger could easily be remedied with a little revenge.

Nothing like the redial function of late-80s phones.

"Hello."

"Hey, **** YOU!"

I got an ear full, but it was all worth it.

MamaMia
1/27/2006, 10:29 PM
I'm usually nice unless its late, and then I'm not mean or anything. I just hang up.

Frozen Sooner
1/27/2006, 10:41 PM
I'm always nice on wrong numbers. Lord knows I've dialed a couple. Usually I just say "I'm very sorry you have a wrong number. Have a nice day!"

TheHumanAlphabet
1/28/2006, 05:50 AM
I answer as in A

I am nice the first 2 times, I even give you the return call if you don't know if you dialed the wrong number OR were given/wrote down the wrong number.

After that, I let the answering machine take it unless it is an ungodly hour. Then I'm not so nice...Caller ID is great!

Al Gore
1/28/2006, 10:56 AM
I ask them "what are you wearing".....

Flagstaffsooner
1/28/2006, 11:08 AM
When I lived in hOUston I used to get wrong number calls from some mexican dude asking for Maria. I tried many times to explain to him that he had the wrong number. Finally I got sick of it and when he called and asked if Maria is there I said ,"Yes, but she is in the bedroom f***ing Pedro.". Needless to say, the calls only increased.

Now I have Vonage with a 405 area code. Some f'ing hillbilly Okie keeps calling me and asking for Junior.:eddie:

Hatfield
1/28/2006, 11:09 AM
really all depends on them.

if they are nice about their mistake and speak in proper phone language then they receive a nice little A.

However....

if the wrong number starts out with "WHO IS THIS?"....well friends....let's just say option B doesn't even begin to describe the wrath that person is about to endure.

Flagstaffsooner
1/28/2006, 11:09 AM
I ask them "what are you wearing".....Crotchless panties, if you must know.;)

Hatfield
1/28/2006, 11:10 AM
a friend of mine also has a phone number that is 1 off of the local papa john's.....needless to say he has a lot of fun with that.

Al Gore
1/28/2006, 11:11 AM
Crotchless panties, if you must know.;)Hawt!!!!!

usmc-sooner
1/28/2006, 01:02 PM
sometimes for fun if it's girl asking for a guy. I'll say he left with Jill or whoever. If it's guy asking for a girl I'll say she doesn't want to talk to you anymore. Or she left with Dave. I've had some pretty strange responses.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/28/2006, 01:22 PM
I used to get a wrong number from an old man in a nursing center. He would call at like 3:00 and wonder why I never came to visit.