PDA

View Full Version : McCoy/Gresham ?? Any news?

Dallas
1/27/2006, 03:05 PM
Now that Walker is a commit - has there been any news on McCoy and Gresham and where they are leaning?

When are they going to announce?

Harry Beanbag
1/27/2006, 03:12 PM
Next Wednesday.

Big Red Ron
1/27/2006, 05:02 PM
I just heard (Mark Rodgers on the Sports Animal) that Gresham is going to Miami and McCoy is almost a lock for OU.

BASSooner
1/27/2006, 05:08 PM
It isnt on rivals

Big Red Ron
1/27/2006, 05:13 PM
It isnt on rivalsHe said he talked to an ABC affiliate in Miami that said Gresham has quietly given the coaches the same sort of "feel" that McCoy is giving OU.

BASSooner
1/27/2006, 05:15 PM
hmmmm I still think gresham could come to OU, he won't play at all if he becomes a cane.

BASSooner
1/27/2006, 05:17 PM
They already have two tight ends that committed this year

Big Red Ron
1/27/2006, 05:20 PM
Well, given the lack of our offense using the TE in the passing game. I could see how other schools are recruiting against us. Also, those other two tight ends aren't in the same class as JG.

BASSooner
1/27/2006, 05:23 PM
What do you mean? They are both in high school, we had to play against the one of them(and we lost:() they also had a REALLY good guy that signed last year

LSUdeek
1/27/2006, 05:29 PM
Well, given the lack of our offense using the TE in the passing game. I could see how other schools are recruiting against us. Also, those other two tight ends aren't in the same class as JG.

According to those on the recruiting board here, "Gresham isn't a football player".

SeattleOUstudent
1/27/2006, 05:52 PM
hmmmm I still think gresham could come to OU, he won't play at all if he becomes a cane.

I see it as the exact opposite. I will preface this by saying I am obviously a huge Sooner fan, but that OU doesnt really have a history for developing TEs...at least in the same capacity as Miami. Sure, we get a stud every decade (Jackson, Stephen Alexander, Trent Smith) that ends up being NFL caliber. Miami is famous for turning out Pros...this is the kind of mentality that appeals to players like Gresham.

If you want to win championships, Id say OU is the better choice. From what Ive heard/read about Gresham, Im not too sure he wants the laid-back OU vs. the flashy South Beach/hoppin/celebrity Miami.

BASSooner
1/27/2006, 06:13 PM
Yeah I see your point and it is good BUT he said he would love to play early. He won't get to play until like his junior year at UM. Miami is just stacked with tight ends.

PDXsooner
1/27/2006, 06:16 PM
just curious, how can you say he "wouldn't play" if he went to miami?

BASSooner
1/27/2006, 06:17 PM
Their is so much talent at tight end already( I know I wondered about that myself)

MiccoMacey
1/27/2006, 06:25 PM
Would love to have both...but I'd rather have McCoy.

BASSooner
1/27/2006, 06:25 PM
Crap I meant not play until his junior/senior year...sorry I don't know why I said that

Ruuuuuufus
1/27/2006, 06:54 PM
One of the guys listed as a TE on Miami's recruitment list this year is being recruited at offensive tackle. I think Gresham is visiting Miami right now.

Big Red Ron
1/27/2006, 07:17 PM
What do you mean? They are both in high school, we had to play against the one of them(and we lost:() they also had a REALLY good guy that signed last yearClass meaning calibure not actually age or Jr./Sr. Sorry for the ambiguity.

BASSooner
1/27/2006, 07:25 PM
ooo gotya. nahh thats alright

okienole3
1/27/2006, 08:03 PM
I see it as the exact opposite. I will preface this by saying I am obviously a huge Sooner fan, but that OU doesnt really have a history for developing TEs...at least in the same capacity as Miami. Sure, we get a stud every decade (Jackson, Stephen Alexander, Trent Smith) that ends up being NFL caliber. Miami is famous for turning out Pros...this is the kind of mentality that appeals to players like Gresham.

If you want to win championships, Id say OU is the better choice. From what Ive heard/read about Gresham, Im not too sure he wants the laid-back OU vs. the flashy South Beach/hoppin/celebrity Miami.

I will give you Keith Jackson, but the other two I don't know about. Yes, Trent Smith and Stephen Alexander are in the league. Alexander has even had a fairly solid career. But, Shockey > Smith and Bubba Franks > Alexander. OSU has sent as good of tight ends as OU recently.

I think Gresham may know what he is doing.

SeattleOUstudent
1/27/2006, 08:16 PM
Bubba Franks > Alexander.

Slander ;)

Ardmore_Sooner
1/27/2006, 10:31 PM
According to those on the recruiting board here, "Gresham isn't a football player".

Until you played with the kid you can't ever really say anything about him.

Soonerus
1/27/2006, 11:20 PM
Gresham will sign with OU, mark it down...

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/27/2006, 11:22 PM
I can't say I blame the kid. I visited Miami and loved it, had I gone to the campus and met a guy that told me I could goto college there for free it would be hard if not impossible to pass up.

Of course I have a bias toward OU so in that reguard the kid should be a Sooner :D

Soonerus
1/27/2006, 11:29 PM
I can't say I blame the kid. I visited Miami and loved it, had I gone to the campus and met a guy that told me I could goto college there for free it would be hard if not impossible to pass up.

Of course I have a bias toward OU so in that reguard the kid should be a Sooner :D

Are you joking, the Miami "campus" is in downtown Miami in a rough area almost as bad as USC's campus...Miami campus sucks....

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/27/2006, 11:47 PM
Are you joking, the Miami "campus" is in downtown Miami in a rough area almost as bad as USC's campus...Miami campus sucks....

I didn't visit the campus. I was only talking about the girls/celebrity stuff that someone else was talking about.

Soonerus
1/28/2006, 12:40 AM
The campus area where the students spend a significant amount of time is a cess-pool...

KingDavid
1/28/2006, 01:17 AM

how many great TE's can we expect them to turn out since they've fired their whole coaching staff? exactly how is THAT a predictable scenario for JG?