PDA

View Full Version : Morning Animals

Mjcpr
1/27/2006, 01:27 PM
There was an article in the Tulsa World today about them. In it, it mentioned that Pork weighed almost 450lbs at one time (like recently) and is now on a diet. It also mentioned his and Jelly's real names.

Bet you all didn't know that.

oumartin
1/27/2006, 01:29 PM
nope. is jelly hawt?

soonerbrat
1/27/2006, 01:31 PM
I know pork's real name is todd with a "ski" on the end, i believe. and i know he's going to the broadway clinic for weight loss. and i know that some doctor from the broadway clinic offered to trade some advertising to treat him some time last year.

i don't know nothin' bout jelly except she works at al's restaurant and sounds like sherri coale.

Mjcpr
1/27/2006, 01:31 PM
nope. is jelly hawt?

I don't know, it didn't say.

:D

oumartin
1/27/2006, 01:32 PM
they should at least have a picture of them in the newspaper. what a waste

soonerbrat
1/27/2006, 01:34 PM
well i was gonna go read the article but since i'm not a subscription holder, they wanted me to pay $7. forget that, i don't care about them that much.

Mjcpr
1/27/2006, 01:36 PM
Lifestyle change helps WWLS' Pork
By BILL HAISTEN World Sports Writer
1/27/2006

At 433 pounds, Todd Lisenbee had a 54-inch waist and wore a size XXXXXL shirt. He says he rarely slept soundly because he never felt comfortable.
"When I ate, I never felt full," he says. "I'd just eat until I got tired of it. I decided that I needed a change."
To listeners of the "Morning Animals" radio show -- the 5:30-9 a.m. staple of the Oklahoma City-based Sports Animal network -- Lisenbee is better known as Pork, who produces the program and has become a prominent and likable show presence. The show can be heard in Tulsa on KYAL am1550.
Pork admits to having had terrible eating habits and a strong preference for fast food. During an on-air stunt, he downed 12 hot dogs in 12 minutes. He took part in a grilled-cheese eating contest.
His lifestyle was adjusted considerably in November, when he enlisted the help of a nutritionist and began to adhere to a 2,000-calorie-a-day diet. This week, the 6-foot-2 Pork tips the scales at 390 pounds -- a loss of 43 pounds. He says his weight loss will be gradual, spanning a period of two years. His target weight is 250. He hasn't seen 250 since he was 14 years old.
"I want to be able to do things like play basketball again," said the 23-year-old Pork, who was a 330-pound center and place-kicker for the Luther High School football team. "And getting back in shape really doesn't hurt with the ladies. I just feel better about everything in general. I even sleep better at night. "I love to travel, and it's really a pain to fly when you weigh 400 pounds. My sister lives in Japan, but there's no way I'm getting on a plane to Japan if I weigh 400 pounds."
Pork answers a 3:30 a.m. alarm each weekday and arrives at the WWLS studio by 4:30. Fueled no longer by pizzas and cheeseburgers but by grilled chicken and rice, he also does high school basketball play-by-play and helps the station with its coverage of the NBA Hornets.
"The pay is not the greatest, but I love this job," he said. "I get paid to go to Hornets games and come in here and shoot the bull with the guys in the morning. It's not like sitting in a cubicle all day, that's for sure."
Pork's "Morning Animals" cohorts include host Mike Steely, Jay Lynch (Lump), Curtis Fitzpatrick and an unpaid female intern whose on-air nickname is Jelly. Her actual name is Brittni Bullard, and she is a 22-year-old OU student from Empire. On live radio, Steely & Co. have goaded Jelly into eating cat food, dog food, baby food and a page from the UCLA football media guide.

soonerbrat
1/27/2006, 01:38 PM

critical_phil
1/27/2006, 01:39 PM
brat, do you know any doctors willing to treat their collective comedy deficiency disorder?

soonerbrat
1/27/2006, 01:41 PM
brat, do you know any doctors willing to treat their collective comedy deficiency disorder?

Is it an emergency? I know a couple of ER docs....

if it's chronic, i know a couple of internal med docs too.

just let me know

oumartin
1/27/2006, 01:44 PM
the only thing funny about the morning animal is the intro part thats obviously from a movie.
"i'm going to avoid an awkward situation by going to go peeping"

King Crimson
1/27/2006, 01:46 PM
i've listened to it a couple times and had trouble talking in complete sentences the rest of the day.

but, i gotta admit, "team" morning radio shows count among my pet peeves.

Rhino
1/27/2006, 01:51 PM
There's a pic of Jelly in a thread somewhere on here.

soonerbrat
1/27/2006, 01:54 PM
There's a pic of Jelly in a thread somewhere on here.

will ya look it up for us?

TIA

OklahomaTuba
1/27/2006, 01:59 PM
http://whatscookingamerica.net/LavenderJelly.JPG

You're welcome.

Mjcpr
1/27/2006, 02:01 PM
will ya look it up for us?

TIA

Yeah, I missed that one too.

colleyvillesooner
1/27/2006, 02:01 PM
http://whatscookingamerica.net/LavenderJelly.JPG

You're welcome.

Yeah, but what does Chinese Jelly pictures look like? ;)

OklahomaTuba
1/27/2006, 02:03 PM
Yeah, but what does Chinese Jelly pictures look like? ;)
Its yellow. ;)

oumartin
1/27/2006, 02:04 PM
well jelly looks good enuff to eat!

Fish
1/27/2006, 02:39 PM
must be you still have some on your face!;)

Mjcpr
1/27/2006, 02:39 PM
Somebody should be able to find her in that OU thingy facebook thingy shouldn't they?

handcrafted
1/27/2006, 02:50 PM
The MA show is so lame...

(how lame is it?)

..that I'd rather listen to National People's Radio on my drive to work.

KaiserSooner
1/27/2006, 03:52 PM
For the most part, the Morning Animals are annoying. They occasionally have something funny going, though Pork is the best thing going for that show.

I mostly can't stand that whiny pipsqueak, Cutis Fitzpatrick, and I'm sure Jelly is hawt and everything, but I can't get over how completely dumb she is. I hope it's an act, otherwise my sister's rat terrier has a more complete and fully functioning brain than her.

NormanPride
1/27/2006, 03:58 PM
Since 1430 in Tulsa brought back a different team in the morning, the animal is about all the radio I can stomach on the ride to work. This morning they had "James the Marvel" in studio with them... I'm not sure about that, man. I've never really liked how they treat that guy, though I admit to chuckling at his antics a few times. :(

Mjcpr
1/27/2006, 04:00 PM
Since 1430 in Tulsa brought back a different team in the morning, the animal is about all the radio I can stomach on the ride to work. This morning they had "James the Marvel" in studio with them... I'm not sure about that, man. I've never really liked how they treat that guy, though I admit to chuckling at his antics a few times. :(

Me too. You can hear it pretty clearly if you drive right in front of the antenna. :rolleyes:

Soonrboy
1/27/2006, 04:05 PM
those guys know how to beat a dead horse or run a joke into the ground more than anyone I've ever heard.

Skysooner
1/27/2006, 04:07 PM
James the Marble....bleh

yermom
1/27/2006, 04:09 PM
Somebody should be able to find her in that OU thingy facebook thingy shouldn't they?

yes :)

Mjcpr
1/27/2006, 04:10 PM
yes :)

So what are you waiting for?

KaiserSooner
1/27/2006, 04:16 PM
those guys know how to beat a dead horse or run a joke into the ground more than anyone I've ever heard.

Yep.

oumartin
1/27/2006, 04:42 PM
i miss mark shannon! that was his name wasn't it?

Rhino
1/27/2006, 04:42 PM
If I were the PM of the Sports Animal, this is about how it would look:

6-10 - ESPN's Mike & Mike In The Mornings
10-11 - BBJ, Hale
11-12 - BBJ, Steely
12-1 - Steely, Rodgers, Gottlieb
1-2 - Steely, Rodgers
2-3 - Traber, Rodgers
3-4 - Traber
5-6 - Traber, Eschback
6-?? - Eschback, Rohde

Find a place for Pork.
Drop Hump, Lump, Curtis, Mildren, Blevins
Never allow Andy Dillard to be on the radio ever again.

oumartin
1/27/2006, 04:46 PM
i'd never let gottleb or rodgers on either.

Rhino
1/27/2006, 04:50 PM
Mmm. Homer-FM.

handcrafted
1/27/2006, 05:06 PM

It's gotten to the point now where they're just copying Howard Stern and Gary the Retard. It's really pretty sick and someone needs to call them on it, but, I guess since Citadel owns every doggone station in this town, there's no competition for ratings.

NormanPride
1/27/2006, 05:14 PM
Corporate Radio makes me sad in the pants. :(

Oldnslo
1/27/2006, 05:39 PM
It's gotten to the point now where they're just copying Howard Stern and Gary the Retard. It's really pretty sick and someone needs to call them on it, but, I guess since Citadel owns every doggone station in this town, there's no competition for ratings.
Lex and Terry found a home with Clear Channel after it didn't work out so well for them with Cox. Personally, I don't think their show works on 1430, but, oddly enough, nobody from Clear Channel called me for my input.

Dave & Nina on MIX 96 (with Attorney Adam Wednesday Mornings from 7-8 for What's Your Problem Wednesday) are a great team. :)

oumartin
1/27/2006, 05:43 PM
you can listen to lex and terry on satelite radio.
or are they where you can here them regular time in tulsa?

Petro-Sooner
1/27/2006, 05:45 PM
Speaking of the sports animal, why does mildren have to repeat 90% of the things he says. Man that guy is annoying.

oumartin
1/27/2006, 05:50 PM
did you just bag on a former sooner?
tsk tsk tsk!

yermom
1/27/2006, 05:52 PM
you can listen to lex and terry on satelite radio.
or are they where you can here them regular time in tulsa?

i think they were on in Tulsa before they were here

NormanPride
1/27/2006, 05:53 PM
I miss the Morning Extravaganza...

oumartin
1/27/2006, 05:56 PM
well i listened to them when i lived around tulsa. i am not close enuff to hear okc radio.. what station are they on there?

NormanPride
1/27/2006, 06:01 PM
well i listened to them when i lived around tulsa. i am not close enuff to hear okc radio.. what station are they on there?

1430 AM in the mornings until what... 10?

oumartin
1/27/2006, 06:02 PM
cool, maybe i can pick them up... i'll have to give er a try. course gotta wait till monday now.