PDA

View Full Version : my gym/workout peeve

usmc-sooner
1/27/2006, 10:11 AM
I hate it when I go to the gym lift, after I lift I want to get on the treadmill and run hard for about 15 to 20 minutes. You get to the cardio stuff and it's a bunch of people walking on the tread mill. Yesterday there was over 5 women who were in enough shape to run but they were walking laughing and watching TV. It was more of a social thing.

I don't mind pregnant women or older people doing this or rehabbers but man this gets me going.

picasso
1/27/2006, 10:14 AM
I hate it when I go to the gym lift, after I lift I want to get on the treadmill and run hard for about 15 to 20 minutes. You get to the cardio stuff and it's a bunch of people walking on the tread mill. Yesterday there was over 5 women who were in enough shape to run but they were walking laughing and watching TV. It was more of a social thing.

I don't mind pregnant women or older people doing this or rehabbers but man this gets me going.
walk over to the window and yell "look, it's Matthew Mchonagaghey!"

that'll clear it out.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/27/2006, 10:16 AM
What gets me going is when people leave butt sweat on the machines or a big pool of sweat on the treadmill.

Harry Beanbag
1/27/2006, 10:16 AM
Get all sweaty and walk amongst the treadmills naked.

That'll clear it out.

IronSooner
1/27/2006, 10:19 AM
What gets me going is when people leave butt sweat on the machines or a big pool of sweat on the treadmill.

They made us start carrying towels to work out. Decent idea for the butt sweat, although after HS I just didn't care a lot anymore.

My biggest peeve is gym workers (undergrads) telling me to use clamps. If I needed clamps I'd use them.

Jimminy Crimson
1/27/2006, 10:25 AM

Unless you have a glandular problem that keeps you dry, theres no excuse for not having a towel with you.

Bleh! :mack:

Taxman71
1/27/2006, 10:29 AM
I hate the guys who are over 50, yet feel the need to walk around naked until the exact moment they leave the locker room. Towels are made to fit around one's waist. There is no need to be buck-naked while you organize your bag, comb your hair or brush your teeth. You are not impressing anyone who is not already living in a nursing home, so please, cover your gray old balls and bacne for the sake of mankind.

Taxman71
1/27/2006, 10:30 AM
After reading my post, I must add that guys under 50 must also use a towel IMO. They just don't seem to like being naked around other men as much as the older folks.

crawfish
1/27/2006, 10:31 AM
http://www.comics.com/comics/getfuzzy/archive/images/getfuzzy20061831750126.gif

Harry Beanbag
1/27/2006, 10:32 AM
There is no need to be buck-naked while you organize your bag...

Well it is easier with no clothes on.

IB4OU2
1/27/2006, 10:35 AM
I hate the guys who are over 50, yet feel the need to walk around naked until the exact moment they leave the locker room. Towels are made to fit around one's waist. There is no need to be buck-naked while you organize your bag, comb your hair or brush your teeth. You are not impressing anyone who is not already living in a nursing home, so please, cover your gray old balls and bacne for the sake of mankind.

You sound like my wife............:(

Why do people hate us old guys, I thought women liked the more mature male.....

Taxman71
1/27/2006, 10:39 AM
It is not the old guy people dislike, just their saggy clackers swaying in various directions while you're trying to get dressed.

william_brasky
1/27/2006, 10:41 AM
I split my vote with 1) sweat left on workout machinery and 2) gray old balls.

Harry Beanbag
1/27/2006, 10:43 AM
What about gray old ball sweat left on machinery? I don't think I'd like that very much.

william_brasky
1/27/2006, 10:44 AM
It is not the old guy people dislike, just their saggy clackers swaying in various directions while you're trying to get dressed.

and old man ***. that's friggin' sick. I almost vomit when I walk into a locker room and see that ****.

Spray
1/27/2006, 10:48 AM
I know it doesn't apply to the social club you were referring to, but many people walk on treadmills instead of run because running on treadmills can make you more prone to developing stress fractures.

Jimminy Crimson
1/27/2006, 10:50 AM

On the flip side of this, I wonder if the **** soccer moms walk around buck naked in the womens lockers?

I'll go do some recon work and report back. :cool:

Okla-homey
1/27/2006, 10:50 AM
See, here's the dealio, us old guys from back in the day once went to schools that had PE. At the end of class, you took a shower in an open bay shower. Therefore, we all got used to being nekkid around other d00ds. I understand that sort of PE-then-shower thing doesn't occur these days. Perhaps thats why young whippersnappers today are traumatized by seeing a nekkid man. Or not. Who knows?

I'm Spartacus!

picasso
1/27/2006, 10:52 AM
oh man that's the truth. I workout with my gf sometimes at the Siegfried Center at St. John's in Tulsa, those old dudes walk around in the lockeroom like they're on the catwalk.

Howzit
1/27/2006, 10:53 AM
My pet peeve is not in the gym but in the pool. For some reason there are two or three dudes at my gym that will get in the pool - after I've already swam about a mile - and sit there in another lane waiting until I am swimming toward their end to push off and race me for one friggin' lap to impress the kiddies or wife.

Dudes. You're awesome.

Taxman71
1/27/2006, 10:55 AM
Actually, we showered after PE, football and basketball back in the 80's. No bid deal since we all wrapped a towel around our units after we got out. Not just to save others from having to see our business, but to avoid the inevitable skin-on-skin butt-clap that happens in a crowded locker room.

An old guy once told me that walking around naked is a military thing. Not sure why though.

In Through The Out Door
1/27/2006, 10:56 AM
I can't take the gym anymore. There was a good six or seven year span in my life when I went four to five times a week. I got tired of waiting on treadmills, weight stations, etc. due to people standing around talking instead of lifting. I wasn't looking to spend half the day there, just run, lift, and go home.

I finally bought enough weights and equipment to just workout at home. I can choose the music I like. I can get a workout done in about 45 minutes. No one else's freaky sweat is all over. And the only naked person after a shower is me. It's perfect.

I got my Olympic plates at local sporting goods places. I ordered my bars from this excellent outfit in Iowa: http://www.jesupgym.com/bars.htm .

picasso
See, here's the dealio, us old guys from back in the day once went to schools that had PE. At the end of class, you took a shower in an open bay shower. Therefore, we all got used to being nekkid around other d00ds. I understand that sort of PE-then-shower thing doesn't occur these days. Perhaps thats why young whippersnappers today are traumatized by seeing a nekkid man. Or not. Who knows?

I'm Spartacus!
I get where you're coming from man. I'm 36 and back in the day we always had to shower after basketball, football, anything!
I was painting my old high school football lockeroom many a year ago and those punks all rolled out after practice without showering. I gave them a hard time about it.
now, it's different walking about after a shower and getting dressed as opposed to an old geezer walking into the tv room in the locker and standing next to you when you're sitting on the couch with his package in your face.

soonerbrat

why do you hate women that work out?

william_brasky
1/27/2006, 10:59 AM
It's just the older fellahs hang out for like 20 minutes with their weiners and hairy white asses hangin' out. I'll go workout, return to the locker room, and there's old dudes hanging out in the raw. I go take a shower, get dressed, and while leaving the same old dudes are still sans clothing. What up with that? It's different old dudes every time. And alot of times they're having conversation. With eye contact and stuff. Just seems strange to me. Perhaps it is a generational thing.

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/27/2006, 11:03 AM

I just found my new troll handle.

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/27/2006, 11:05 AM

Some of us PE in the shower. Saves time.

Taxman71
1/27/2006, 11:07 AM
The worst is the 10 minute naked geezer to naked geezer conversation when each of them has one leg up on a stool. I don't know if this is to make things look bigger or allow the unreachable flaps of skin to air dry.

Howzit
1/27/2006, 11:15 AM
I think it was OUDoc that once told a story about the old guy in the gym that used the hair dryer to dry his...um...saggy clackers.

Taxman71
1/27/2006, 11:15 AM
A guy could make a killing selling these at the gym:

Nut Bra (http://www.lemonzoo.com/funny_videos/340/the_nut_bra.html)

Harry Beanbag
1/27/2006, 11:16 AM

I'm Spartacus!

We had the gang showers in boot camp. Some guys were traumatized by this. :)

We also had female recruits asking us to check out packages of the guys they were interested in and inform them of sizes. :eek: No thanks.

william_brasky
1/27/2006, 11:17 AM
I think it was OUDoc that once told a story about the old guy in the gym that used the hair dryer to dry his...um...saggy clackers.

you've never done that? Not to an old guy, but to your own clackers. I have. It's all good.

Harry Beanbag
1/27/2006, 11:18 AM
On the flip side of this, I wonder if the **** soccer moms walk around buck naked in the womens lockers?

I'll go do some recon work and report back. :cool:

My wife says yes. And it's the same deal as the men. Only the old flabby ones walking around and bending over au natural.

The hot chicks like my wife and her friends have figured out how to put their undergarments on without taking their towel off.

Howzit
1/27/2006, 11:19 AM
you've never done that? Not to an old guy, but to your own clackers. I have. It's all good.

No. I've never done that.

william_brasky
1/27/2006, 11:22 AM
No. I've never done that.

Live a little and :les:

Howzit
1/27/2006, 11:23 AM
ok.

crawfish
1/27/2006, 11:26 AM
My wife says yes. And it's the same deal as the men. Only the old flabby ones walking around and bending over au natural.

The hot chicks like my wife and her friends have figured out how to put their undergarments on without taking their towel off.

Yeah, that's what I've heard. It's sooooo disappointing. :)

Taxman71
1/27/2006, 11:30 AM

That will never erase my vision that all hot chicks take group showers like the ones in [i]Porky's]/i].

Oldnslo
1/27/2006, 11:32 AM
the ball-bag-blow-dry is the shiznit

My peeve was the preeners. You know the ones, they lift a gazillion pounds for one set of one rep and then check their awexome look in the mirror for 74 minutes while taking up all the plates that I needed.

And the folks who talk while on the machine instead of trading out sets with me, the guy standing there waiting for them to be finished.

The peeve at karate class? Dude, wash your uni. For reals. Plus, jiu-jitsu with the hygenically challenged is the worst. The. Worst.

It's sooooo much better working out at home. I've got my bicycle trainer, a half-cage and a TV. Gonna break out the gameBike system once football is 100% over. That's a fun workout.

skycat
1/27/2006, 11:41 AM
The peeve at karate class? Dude, wash your uni. For reals. Plus, jiu-jitsu with the hygenically challenged is the worst. The. Worst.

Heh. Back in my high school wrestling days, I'd wear the same stuff to practice for weeks at a time without washing it. I wasn't the only one. After just a few minutes of practice there would be so much fresh sweat that you didn't really notice the stink. :mack:

Harry Beanbag
1/27/2006, 12:30 PM
Heh. Back in my high school wrestling days, I'd wear the same stuff to practice for weeks at a time without washing it. I wasn't the only one. After just a few minutes of practice there would be so much fresh sweat that you didn't really notice the stink. :mack:

Nothing better than a crusty, funk ridden unitard. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/wuerg/vomit-smiley-007.gif

SoonerInKCMO
1/27/2006, 12:43 PM
And the folks who talk while on the machine instead of trading out sets with me, the guy standing there waiting for them to be finished.

Yep. That's the one. They even have signs up at the gym telling people not to do this yet they still do.

Another is women that lift like 10-15 pounds on the machines when it's obvious that it isn't causing them the least bit of strain. Don't they understand that you have to push yourself for the lifting to do any good?

skycat
1/27/2006, 12:49 PM
Nothing better than a crusty, funk ridden unitard. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/wuerg/vomit-smiley-007.gif

You have no idea. :O

n8v_ndn
1/27/2006, 12:53 PM
...as opposed to an old geezer walking into the tv room in the locker and tea bagging you when you're sitting on the couch as he's trying to switch the channel to the 700 Club.

FIXED :mack: