PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe 5 years have passed...

Jimminy Crimson
1/27/2006, 09:57 AM
http://www.okstate.edu/memorial/images/spacer.jpg

http://www.okstate.com/fls/200/memorial/remembered.htm

This is a day to put school colors aside and honor our neighbors from the north.

May they rest in peace. :(

colleyvillesooner
1/27/2006, 10:04 AM
Prayers for their families and the school :(

IB4OU2
1/27/2006, 10:06 AM
Yes, it all comes down to one common denominator, we are all still Oklahomans and are a great people no matter what school we go to.
I still mourn their loss.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/27/2006, 10:17 AM
So sad.

I wonder how hard it is for them to go to Colorado every year.

Jimminy Crimson
1/27/2006, 10:22 AM
I visited the Colorado memorial on the way home from our football game @ CU in 2003. Sad, sad stuff.

BoomerJack
1/27/2006, 11:11 AM
So sad.

I wonder how hard it is for them to go to Colorado every year.

I'm sure it's quite hard for the coaching staff, especially Coach Sutton and others in the Ath. Dept. who are still around. I would think that most, if not all of the players on the current roster weren't at OSU at the time. But then there is memorial/statue on the ground floor at the GIA that is awful hard to miss going in and out of the building.

Regardless, it is sad to recall this tragedy as well as all the others that have befallen athletes travelling to and from competitions.

BillyBall
1/27/2006, 12:17 PM
One of my closest friends is married to Nate Flemmings sister..... That tragedy REALLY hit our circle of friends hard.

Sooner_Bob
1/27/2006, 12:21 PM
The memorial in GIA is awesome. It's hard to not get emotional when you see it.

I can't believe it has been that long.

:(

Newbomb Turk
1/27/2006, 12:23 PM
Good post JC...you're right, doesn't seem that long ago.

1stTimeCaller
1/27/2006, 03:13 PM
When I heard about it I was sick. A good friend from HS was a trainer for them and I thought Kevin might not have made it. About the time I learned Kevin was OK my good buddy Cody was learning that his cousin Nate wasn't so fortunate.

God bless.

King Crimson
1/27/2006, 03:23 PM
i remember listening to that game on the radio here in Colorado....and then hearing about it the next day. really sad.