PDA

View Full Version : thursday golf rant

fadada1
1/26/2006, 03:06 PM
so the USA network opens today's golf coverage with bob seager's "turn the page" while cupping tigger's golf ballsack. HEY USA, it's the 4th tournament of the year and he's finally showed up at his job!!!!!! then of course, the PGA's coverboy tosses his club after a sub-par bunker shot. way to open the coverage up, asshats!!!!!

with this attitude, you'd think i wasn't in the golf industry.

actually, maybe that's why i'm so cynical.

Newbomb Turk
1/26/2006, 03:18 PM
I got sick of seeing Tiger all of the time about 4 years ago. But, he's the reason many viewers tune in.

King Crimson
1/26/2006, 03:32 PM
well, there's always the Tiger green damage story at the US Open at Pinehurst #2--and even though it's been posted by me before not only on this board that i sat at a table with 6 USGA rank and file walking rules officials in the USGA tent AT the tournament the day it happened who ALL said they would have penalized him....and endangered him making the cut.....i've learned from a variety of posters on a variety of boards that caving to the networks and letting it slide was BEST for the game of golf.

Okieflyer
1/26/2006, 03:33 PM
Golf?:confused:

picasso
1/26/2006, 03:35 PM
on a side note, at the urging of Hairy I hit the range today.
started with sand wedge and worked my way up the ladder to driver. tried a few different things. it's obvious you're getting old when it takes about 20 balls to start hitting them decently.
finished up with some target shots with the sand wedge. then putted a bit.
had nearly another bag of balls left but my right forearm was fried.

well, see ya.

King Crimson
1/26/2006, 03:40 PM
had nearly another bag of balls left but my right forearm was fried.

:eek:

i bought a new sun mountain carry bag with some leftover x-mas $. pretty stoked. nice bag. gonna get the red x regripped and i'm gonna be bad news come springtime.

picasso
1/26/2006, 03:43 PM
I'm a lefty in all sports other than golf.:D

mdklatt
1/26/2006, 03:55 PM
while cupping tigger's golf ballsack

That's just how they measure your inseam.

fadada1
1/26/2006, 03:57 PM
little cold up here today to be hitting outside.

just practicing putting in the proshop while watching the tourney. not a bad way to spend the day.

colleyvillesooner
1/26/2006, 03:57 PM
That's just how they measure your inseam.

Yeah, in prison!!

picasso
1/26/2006, 04:00 PM
little cold up here today to be hitting outside.

just practicing putting in the proshop while watching the tourney. not a bad way to spend the day.
no Gin Rummy in the grill room?

fadada1
1/26/2006, 04:00 PM
Yeah, in prison!!
what's yer point?

fadada1
1/26/2006, 04:12 PM
no Gin Rummy in the grill room?
kinda quiet here today for the flamingo kid. we gotta general membership meeting tonight, so i'm sure it'll liken to the "airing of the grievences" ala frank costanza. maybe we'll get a card game going for that.

OU4LIFE
1/26/2006, 04:18 PM
glad to hear you hit it ok, Pic....how was the practice green? They're going to be light years better this year....new super.

Hey fad, what's the golfing weathe likely to be like around march the 11th in DC? I'm probably making a weekend trip with the wife, but she has to work all day saturday..........so if it's palatable, i'll hit a golf course...if not i'll just do the tourist thing.

OU4LIFE
1/26/2006, 04:19 PM
:eek:

i bought a new sun mountain carry bag with some leftover x-mas $. pretty stoked. nice bag. gonna get the red x regripped and i'm gonna be bad news come springtime.

I bought the Nike carry bag last year, and regret ever giving up my hoofer.....but the hoofer was heavy, and the nike is 3.4 lbs, and has a sort of hoof bottom like the ping....it's been a pretty solid bag so far.

1stTimeCaller
1/26/2006, 04:23 PM
Hairy knows nothing of the physics behind the golf bag.

OU4LIFE
1/26/2006, 04:23 PM
well said.

picasso
1/26/2006, 04:26 PM
glad to hear you hit it ok, Pic....how was the practice green? They're going to be light years better this year....new super.

Hey fad, what's the golfing weathe likely to be like around march the 11th in DC? I'm probably making a weekend trip with the wife, but she has to work all day saturday..........so if it's palatable, i'll hit a golf course...if not i'll just do the tourist thing.
not bad at all, but I'm a driving range All-American.

practice green was like glass. putting into that wind today, same putt broke 2 different ways.

Mjcpr
1/26/2006, 04:27 PM
putting into that wind today, same putt broke 2 different ways.

That's called a pull and a push.

:D

OU4LIFE
1/26/2006, 04:30 PM
not bad at all, but I'm a driving range All-American.

practice green was like glass. putting into that wind today, same putt broke 2 different ways.

You remember how good Lakesides were last year? We stole their assistant..and it's already making a difference. I look forward to seeing what it's going to look like this spring and summer. It's still a bombers course, you can hit driver for says and still have a shot at your own green, but some nasty bermuda rough would sure help tone that down.

fadada1
1/26/2006, 04:34 PM
it's hit and miss that time of year up here. you might get snow, you might get 80 and sunny. not sure of too many courses in the DC area except congressional (obviously very private) and the army/navy course (or whatever they call it... also very private). if you know someone in the area, try to get yourself on "caves valley". haven't been there myself as yet, but it's suppose to be awesome. if you get up to the philly area, let me know, you're welcome to play here at french creek.

picasso
1/26/2006, 04:40 PM
You remember how good Lakesides were last year? We stole their assistant..and it's already making a difference. I look forward to seeing what it's going to look like this spring and summer. It's still a bombers course, you can hit driver for says and still have a shot at your own green, but some nasty bermuda rough would sure help tone that down.
yep, Lakeside has been pure cherry. might influence where we go this year.

and Mj, heh.:D

oh yeah and Hairy, there was one car there, I also had a hard time finding the stacked blonde in the clubhouse, she was upstairs painting. one young fella did pull up and tee off as I was putting, had his cart winterized, I probably could have got in a game but not today boy.

King Crimson
1/26/2006, 04:53 PM
I bought the Nike carry bag last year, and regret ever giving up my hoofer.....but the hoofer was heavy, and the nike is 3.4 lbs, and has a sort of hoof bottom like the ping....it's been a pretty solid bag so far.

it's funny you say that....cause I've carried a PING bag since high school (15 years) except the Miller leather/canvas bags the team carried (which were sweet)....but i was all set to buy the hoofer lite....and my dad talked me into the sun mountain.

i liked the styling of the PING bag better but i got a deal on the SM.

GDC
1/26/2006, 04:55 PM
http://www.golfcircuit.com/art/nike/sq.jpg

You cannot stop me, you can only hope to contain me.

fadada1
1/26/2006, 05:08 PM
i got an titleist X56 bag when i got up here last year. love it. very light. sweet double strap.

we're getting some of the new nike bags in this year - they look pretty sweet. and getting the updated X56. again, very cool.

picasso
1/26/2006, 05:49 PM
http://www.golfcircuit.com/art/nike/sq.jpg

You cannot stop me, you can only hope to contain me.
can't miss the ball with that hogleg.

IB4OU2
1/26/2006, 05:57 PM

Hey, I didn't know that........less than a month to go before you see me out there.