PDA

View Full Version : What If You Won the Freaking Lottery?

Pieces Hit
1/26/2006, 01:17 PM
It's like, what, 135 million now?

What would you do?

What WOULD you do??

After taxes, I would give everyone here at work, (except that dick in charge), $100,000.00 and I would give the dickhead guy an exact envelope with a card that said "No soup for you."

I would not put in a 2 weeks notice.

I would give each member of my immediate family (the one's who show up at Christmas) 1 million each and half a million for each additional child.

(I've thought about this.)

My sister's slow adult child that works at the recycle plant - i would figure something out because a bag of peanut brittle would mean just as much.

After that - I would tell them "NO MORE, EVAR."

I would give my best friend half a million even though he has really not been much of a friend the last few years.

That would leave me a lot of money.

And then I would sell the house and get a nice place over by Garth in Keetonville, travel the world as I saw fit, get me a season pass to Silver Dollar City :) and enjoy life.

I would also perform random acts of kindness but make sure they were tax deductible.

Whatever was left when I died would be equally divided to my family but I wouldn't tell them or they might have me killed.

I would also have a money tub I could swim in.

soonerbrat
1/26/2006, 01:40 PM
you can only give a money gift to someone up to $10K/year or they have to pay taxes on it.

yermom
1/26/2006, 01:43 PM
so they pay taxes on $1,000,000, wah ;)

Pieces Hit
1/26/2006, 01:46 PM
That's right...

So I should figure out how much extra to pad it so they wind up with a million.

I would probably need a calculator.

soonerbrat
1/26/2006, 01:49 PM
so they pay taxes on $1,000,000, wah ;)

yeah..after he pays more than 50% of his winnings to taxes...then they pay 50% on what he gives them..that's way too much taxes.

and they only end up with about $500K

that wouldn't last 6 months with most people. seriously.

Pricetag
1/26/2006, 01:49 PM
I would give each member of my immediate family (the one's who show up at Christmas) 1 million each and half a million for each additional child.
That right there would be the hardest part. At what point to you draw the line and say, "Nope, not family enough."

mdklatt
1/26/2006, 01:50 PM
If I won the lottery I'd be worried about being struck by lightning, because that's far more likely to happen.

soonerbrat
1/26/2006, 01:52 PM
my mom has 5 living siblings and i have 20 first cousins on my mom's side alone. no way i could dole out that much money.

i'd give some to my parents, my kids and 5 million is promised to someone else. the rest..i would blow some and invest some.

NormanPride
1/26/2006, 01:52 PM
Lots and lots to medical research. I think I'd join with a friend and start an activist group or something. I've always said the rich have all the power, so if I became rich, I'd use that power to make people happy.

Probably donate some to OU, but mainly set up a scholly fund for underprivileged kids.

Pieces Hit
1/26/2006, 01:53 PM
That right there would be the hardest part. At what point to you draw the line and say, "Nope, not family enough."Like I said, the one's who show up at Christmas.

Oh dang, there's my wife's inbred family too.

Okay, 100,000.00 plus padding for them that show up over thar for Christmas Eve. But no more for no one EVARRRR.

1stTimeCaller
1/26/2006, 01:54 PM
First thing I'd do is I'd buy the duplex that sits caddy corner SE of the Fock. It sits on the SW corner of Boyd & Jenkins. I demolish it and build a super sweet area to tailgate and above it would be my house.

1stTimeCaller
1/26/2006, 01:55 PM
the rest..i would blow some and invest some.

people or money? ;)

Pricetag
1/26/2006, 01:56 PM
Like I said, the one's who show up at Christmas.

Oh dang, there's my wife's inbred family too.

Okay, 100,000.00 plus padding for them that show up over thar for Christmas Eve. But no more for no one EVARRRR.
I think I'd just pay off everyone's houses and cars. They'd gain a ton of disposable income on a monthly basis from that point on, the gift that keeps on giving, so to say. What they do with that is up to them.

Pieces Hit
1/26/2006, 01:59 PM
I would buy socks and just wear them once.

Sometimes I might go to The Golden Corral, get a buffet, and just have a salad and then tip the waitress 2 dollars.

Pieces Hit
1/26/2006, 02:01 PM
I think I'd just pay off everyone's houses and cars. They'd gain a ton of disposable income on a monthly basis from that point on, the gift that keeps on giving, so to say. What they do with that is up to them.Yeah but that would vary on the status of their debt.
My brother for instance has his home paid off but my sister can hardly make the payment.

One time gift and then don't bother me EVARRRRR.

ultimatesooner1
1/26/2006, 02:03 PM
I would buy a suite @ the Fock and we could have some type of Soonerfans.com contest for seats in the suite

soonerbrat
1/26/2006, 02:06 PM
people or money? ;)

um..money

i only blow one person

1stTimeCaller
1/26/2006, 02:09 PM
I would buy a suite @ the Fock and we could have some type of Soonerfans.com contest for seats in the suite

Wouldn't it be fun to get the entire suite and not let anyone watch it with you until the 1st quarter was over?
Just once.
I bet everyone would think you were weird but nobody would tell you that being as you're now Sexy McMoneybags.

Stanley1
1/26/2006, 02:10 PM
um..money

i only blow one person

One person after another.

:D

mdklatt
1/26/2006, 02:15 PM
i only blow one person

At a time?

yermom
1/26/2006, 02:15 PM
37?!

bigdsooner
1/26/2006, 02:17 PM
2 chicks at the same time :D

i would pay off every bill all of my family has, build my mom and 3 siblings new homes ( cap of $250,000.00), give them 2 mil each and enjoy life. i would also designate several million to go towards helping people out, not like a million each, but like poor people who need a new roof and a car, clothes... i'd give genuine people like that 25-50,000.00 just to make someones life a little easier. i would also pay the HMFIC 2 million to ban the whorns

Pieces Hit
1/26/2006, 02:20 PM
And just think of all the lottery tickets you could buy...

Stanley1
1/26/2006, 02:25 PM
Buy a pro baseball team.

mdklatt
1/26/2006, 02:36 PM
Buy a pro baseball team.

I didn't know you had White House aspirations?

OhU1
1/26/2006, 02:37 PM
I'd buy season football tickets!

sanantoniosooner
1/26/2006, 02:38 PM
It would trully be a miracle for me to win the lottery.

Since I refuse to play it and all............

proud gonzo
1/26/2006, 02:47 PM
i might buy things for family but I don't think i'd just give them money unless they had a specific need for it.

I'd buy a ****load of savings bonds. I'd buy the 30 acres of my grandpa's farm that my aunt owns. And then I might just build me a castle in the swamp there. :D

sanantoniosooner
1/26/2006, 02:48 PM
A castle and huge tracts of land............

Pieces Hit
1/26/2006, 02:54 PM
And think of the coke habit you could support.

Pricetag
1/26/2006, 02:56 PM
Yeah but that would vary on the status of their debt.
My brother for instance has his home paid off but my sister can hardly make the payment.

That's true, but if your brother has a home paid off at his age, he's probably decently well off. Does he really need your money?

Ike
1/26/2006, 02:58 PM
after taxes I'd:

put 10% in a long term interest bearing account with the idea that its not to be touched except in times of dire need, until retirement.
give 10% to my parents, and 10% to my wifes parents.
give 10% each to my 3 sisters and my wife's sister.

give the rest to charity.

Pieces Hit
1/26/2006, 02:59 PM
He would use it to make more.

To each his own I think.

And besides, I'm very generous with imaginary money.

Mjcpr
1/26/2006, 03:00 PM
And besides, I'm very generous with imaginary money.

Not to mention what constitutes "two chicks at once".

Pieces Hit
1/26/2006, 03:05 PM
after taxes I'd:

put 10% in a long term interest bearing account with the idea that its not to be touched except in times of dire need, until retirement.
give 10% to my parents, and 10% to my wifes parents.
give 10% each to my 3 sisters and my wife's sister.

give the rest to charity.Charity who?

I might know her.

SOONER44EVER
1/26/2006, 03:18 PM
I'd buy hornfans and shut it down.
I'd be a big donor to Soonerfans.com.
I'd buy some razzles.

soonerbrat
1/26/2006, 03:24 PM
37?!

heh

sanantoniosooner
1/26/2006, 03:25 PM
I'd drop some Hamiltons on some Pibb and red vines.

SOONER44EVER
1/26/2006, 03:29 PM
I actually did win some $ on last night's lottery drawing. I matched the powerball and won $15. I'm up $13. Woohoo. :D

frankensooner
1/26/2006, 04:30 PM
Step one: Move to Hawaii
Step two: Come back for game days.

The End.

soonerbrat
1/26/2006, 04:33 PM
i might buy things for family but I don't think i'd just give them money unless they had a specific need for it.

I'd buy a ****load of savings bonds. I'd buy the 30 acres of my grandpa's farm that my aunt owns. And then I might just build me a castle in the swamp there. :D

i'm with you on the family thing. family members i know would just waste all the money in a few weeks and be broke again.

Mjcpr
1/26/2006, 04:34 PM
I'd give my family money but I'd give them jobs like mowing my yard or cleaning my toilets. That way, it wouldn't seem like charity.

Viking Kitten
1/26/2006, 05:20 PM
I'd give my family money but I'd give them jobs like mowing my yard or cleaning my toilets. That way, it wouldn't seem like charity.

Yeah. You got to let 'em preserve their dignity and whatnot.

StoopTroup
1/26/2006, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't tell anyone I had the ticket.

I'd put it in a safety deposit box.

I'd slowly start to sell off some of my possessions stating that I had financial trouble.

Once I had everything with sentimental value in a POD and stored I would sell my home and pay off all my debts.

Then...I would retire stating I thought I was having a nervous breakdown.

I would wait approximately 1 month after that and quitely cash in my winnings on a Tuesday.

Are any of you buiying this?

Because I'd probably never make it in to work again and be headed to Norman to secure my new Skybox seats after cashing in. :D

Jimminy Crimson
1/26/2006, 06:12 PM
I'd endow something with an OU name at OSU, perhaps the Athletic Director's position, so it would be: Mike Holder, University of Oklahoma Athletic Director, Oklahoma State University.

I'd get a good laugh out of it. :texan:

StoopTroup
1/26/2006, 06:15 PM
I'd endow something with an OU name at OSU, perhaps the Athletic Director's position, so it would be: Mike Holder, University of Oklahoma Athletic Director, Oklahoma State University.

I'd get a good laugh out of it. :texan:
Or...

Remember the guy who spelled OU in the new brick wall in aggieville?

Boone's farm will be doing a little remodeling soon.....it would be cool if your "New" ;) Construction Company got the contract for something at the stadium. :D

OklahomaTrombone
1/26/2006, 06:19 PM
I'd give some cash to my brother
Build my parents their dream house
Buy cars for my family
Set money aside to pay for the rest of my education
Put money in different interest bearing accounts at different banks
Give a large amount of money to The Univeristy of Tulsa
Give a not as large amount of money to OU

sanantoniosooner
1/26/2006, 07:00 PM
Why don't you hillbillies just quit bouncing checks and see where it goes from there?

royalfan5
1/26/2006, 07:14 PM
First of all, I would pay back my parents for the money spent of raising me.
Secondly, I would set aside money for my remaining first cousins college education.
Thirdly, I hear cocaine's a hell of a drug
four, buy a feedlot
fifth-invest the rest so I don't have to make money feeding cattle.
sixth-try to buy Nebraska a decent basketball coach if funds permit.

mdklatt
1/26/2006, 07:17 PM
http://www.flying-colors.org/GJKU_200x300.jpg

http://www.sbsail.com/images/c32sail.jpg

BudSooner
1/26/2006, 08:52 PM
I'd buy a large percentage in a business that used to have me as an employee, fire everyone who worked there who treated me like dirt,
then shut the place down, only to reopen it as a tittay bar.

I'm just kidding.

No, i'm really not.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/26/2006, 09:49 PM
I would buy a Membership to this webpage and I would pay the producers of Lost to tell me what the HELL is going on ;)

GottaHavePride
1/26/2006, 10:31 PM
$135 million? Easy. Hire a financial advisor (probably Froze if he'd do it) and have him invest all but 3 million. With that three million I'd pay off everything I have that needs to be paid off (which isn't that much), and buy dad, mom, sis, and myself new cars. Then I'd upgrade my trombone arsenal. After that I'd probably give sis some money to go get set up in California or New York as a screenwriter. A few hundred grand should do it.

Then I'd learn several languages and start taking auditions all over the world. I'd be bored as hell without a job.

Pfff. Like any of that's ever gonna happen.

proud gonzo
1/26/2006, 10:45 PM
$135 million? Easy. Hire a financial advisor (probably Froze if he'd do it) and have him invest all but 3 million. With that three million I'd pay off everything I have that needs to be paid off (which isn't that much), and buy dad, mom, sis, and myself new cars. Then I'd upgrade my trombone arsenal. After that I'd probably give sis some money to go get set up in California or New York as a screenwriter. A few hundred grand should do it.

Then I'd learn several languages and start taking auditions all over the world. I'd be bored as hell without a job.

Pfff. Like any of that's ever gonna happen.

see? what'd I say. presents and money with reasons.

I'm not going to throw money at relatives to get them to leave me alone. Hell, I'll make em beg. Have them submit applications and proposals of why they deserve my money. Have contests! Feats of strength!!!
(I'm talking about extended family, of course.)

IB4OU2
1/26/2006, 10:53 PM
I'd keep farmin' till the money ran out........

GDC
1/26/2006, 10:57 PM
I'd buy a large percentage in a business that used to have me as an employee, fire everyone who worked there who treated me like dirt,
then shut the place down, only to reopen it as a tittay bar.

I'm just kidding.

No, i'm really not.

I'd just skip the first part and buy a tittay bar.

RacerX
1/26/2006, 11:42 PM
Suite at Memorial Stadium.

BajaOklahoma
1/26/2006, 11:49 PM
Suite at Memorial Stadium.

And a party house in Norman for game weekends.

SOONER44EVER
1/26/2006, 11:53 PM
If I won the Powerball Lottery I'd go to the concession stand at an OU game and buy stuff for all my friends. I'd pray that I had enough money left to get gas for the trip home. :D

Mjcpr
1/27/2006, 08:47 AM

.....says the youngster. :)

I'd be outta here in a heartbeat. It's not that I hate my job, I don't. But it's a job. I do it because I have to, not because I love it. If I no longer needed the income, I'd bolt. Travel, golf, new hobbies, new interests....stuff I want to do, not stuff I have to do.

Taxman71
1/27/2006, 10:03 AM
you can only give a money gift to someone up to $10K/year or they have to pay taxes on it.

Actually, you can now give up to $12k per year per person without triggering Gift Tax. No income tax will apply to either of you. If you give more than $12,000, then the donor (i.e. you) have to pay tax on the gift (46% rate) when your total gifts exceed $2,000,000. The donee doesn't get hit unless you fail to pay the tax due.

Thus, I would buy houses for all my family members (in my name) and let them live there for free indefinitely. Each year, I would give a fractional interest to them so as to not trigger any tax.

After paying off all debts, I would invest the balance in tax-free municipal bonds and live solely off the income until I was at least 55 while paying minimal tax. Then, in my old age, I would start giving it away to charity, schollys, etc.

Oh, I would also buy a suite at Owen Field and David Boren's house (fumigated and remodeled of course).

Pieces Hit
1/27/2006, 10:09 AM
If you had 135 million you could afford to include the gift tax and still smile at the end of the day.

Taxman71
1/27/2006, 10:18 AM
True, but since the govt gets nearly half when you first get the cash, do you really want them getting another half the next year for gift tax? Since you would not have to work, playing mind games with the govt could be your passion.

Does anyone know if the Oklahoma lottery offers a lump-sum payout instead of the 20-25 year payout? Generally, a lump sum payout is about half of the announced winnings. Thus, you are already down from $135mm to $67.5mm. Then, the govt gets around 39% total and brings you to $41mm. Blow $1mm in the first year for fun and you have $40mm. At 5%, your annual income will be $2mm. Live off the $2mm annually (easy to do) and leave your $40mm for charity work, etc.

All I need is the winning ticket.

critical_phil
2/6/2006, 12:22 PM
if one of you hillbillies win, will you buy this watch for me?

Buddy Holly artifacts on auction

Last Updated Sun, 05 Feb 2006 17:29:35 EST CBC Arts (http://www.cbc.ca/arts/credit.html)

Buddy Holly's wife is selling the watch he was wearing when he died in 1959, in an auction of personal artifacts from the pioneer of rock 'n' roll.

The diamond-and-white-gold Omega wristwatch was a gift from Maria Elena Holly, who married the singer just months before the air crash that killed him.

Holly died Feb. 3, 1959, when he and singers Ritchie Valens and J.P. (The Big Bopper) Richardson went down in a plane in Iowa. Holly was 22.

His wife will auction the watch, unreleased musical recordings, his passport and other personal items. "I would like the fans of Buddy's to have something of him," she told the Associated Press. "At least I know that the people who are going to buy this are going to treasure it and keep it forever, and pass it down to their children. That's the reason why I'm doing this."
Maria Elena married again and had three children.

The watch is inscribed "Buddy Holly 12-1-58," the date she gave it to him as an early Christmas present, and was recovered at the crash site.

In his short career, Holly wrote the legendary songs Peggy Sue, That'll Be The Day and Maybe Baby. As one of singers who created the sound of early rock 'n' roll, he influenced a generation of artists, including The Beatles and The Rolling Stones.

Heritage Auction Galleries and Auctioneers in Dallas will sell the items on April 14 and 15. Doug Norwine, director of entertainment memorabilia with the auction house, thinks the watch could sell in "six figures."

soonerbrat
2/6/2006, 12:39 PM
if one of you hillbillies win, will you buy this watch for me?

no, but i'll buy it for someone else ;)

IB4OU2
2/6/2006, 12:46 PM
Powerball is up to 210 Million now. I'm tempted to buy a ticket and if I win we'll have a huge Soonerfans Partay.......If Dean doesn't mind bringing his camper.

soonerbrat
2/6/2006, 12:50 PM
if you win you can buy your own camper :D

IB4OU2
2/6/2006, 01:15 PM
if you win you can buy your own camper :D

I'd have to have the upside down whorn in my terlet too......:D

SoonerWood
2/6/2006, 01:31 PM
First I'd pay off all debt for my close family and friends.

I'd start up an animal rescue shelter for unwanted pets.

I'd buy a lot of land in central Oklahoma and NW Washington State. Then I'd build everything I needed to be completely off-grid and self sufficient in both locations. Both houses running off solar, wind and biodiesel.

I'd also buy a few of these:
http://www.airscooter.com/pages/airscooter_main.htm

Mjcpr
2/6/2006, 01:32 PM
First I'd pay off all debt for my close family and friends.

I'd start up an animal rescue shelter for unwanted pets.

I'd buy a lot of land in central Oklahoma and NW Washington State. Then I'd build everything I needed to be completely off-grid and self sufficient in both locations. Both houses running off solar, wind and biodiesel.

Sounds like you should have plenty of trees to hump.

critical_phil
2/6/2006, 01:34 PM
no, but i'll buy it for someone else ;)

crossing brat off of the list of people that will get something if i win..

it's a shame really. you would've looked haWt driving around town in an Aston Martin.....

soonerbrat
2/6/2006, 01:39 PM
crossing brat off of the list of people that will get something if i win..

it's a shame really. you would've looked haWt driving around town in an Aston Martin.....

Awww....there was a winky smiley at the end of that, you know!

Of course I would buy buddy holly's watch for you.

critical_phil
2/6/2006, 01:55 PM
it's a deal.

critical_phil
2/8/2006, 11:40 PM
sorry brat.

no aston martin this week.

http://x7.putfile.com/2/3822395792.jpg

soonerbrat
2/8/2006, 11:44 PM
sorry brat.

no aston martin this week.

http://x7.putfile.com/2/3822395792.jpg

awwwww...i was looking forward to that, too :(

Jimminy Crimson
2/8/2006, 11:51 PM
I WON! I WON! I WON!

What should I spend my winnings on?
...all $7 worth.

Should have gone with the power play. :mack:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/9/2006, 12:12 AM
I won $3 last week

salth2o
2/9/2006, 01:08 AM
Pay all immediate family bills.
Make a huge donation to Oklahoma Athletics.
Get back our Section 5 season tickets.
Travel the world in May-August.
Follow the Sooners each Saturday in August-January.
Fish for trophy trout in Jan-Mar.
Rest up in April to do it all over again.
Have an entourage.
Pimp my ride.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/9/2006, 03:00 AM
Buy Dolemite a car that actually works :(

Shamrock
2/9/2006, 03:13 AM
I'd put 50% of the after tax winnings in a trust fund that would pay all my relatives (and in-laws) a percentage every year. They'd get a yearly check instead of constantly bugging me for money for stupid crap.

Then I'd buy about 1000 acres and a bunch of cows. I'd put the mean ones with the biggest horns on the long driveway up to the house to discourage visitors.

A double coon hound porch dog alarm system, with ankle biting Cocker Spaniel backups in the house - to go along with strategically placed shotguns - would do the trick for anyone brave enough to run the driveway bull gauntlet.

Running water, TV, satellite dish and a generator. Oh, I'll need toilet paper too. That's about it.

Pieces Hit
2/9/2006, 08:55 AM
I won 7 dollars!

Now I'm only down 13 for the week.

Don't even ask about last week...

proud gonzo
2/15/2006, 07:09 PM
I just bought $15 of tickets--it's up to $300 million. I'd like that.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/15/2006, 07:10 PM
Did you know that if you pick the right numbers you win 100% of the time...I will take those odds anytime

proud gonzo
2/15/2006, 07:16 PM
hehe

I just took random numbers.... maybe if nobody wins it this time I'll try picking some numbers. :rolleyes:

walkoffsooner
2/15/2006, 07:30 PM
Free beer at ou osu games for all sooner fans and Eddie I like it when he drinks.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/15/2006, 07:48 PM
I always pick the Top 10 drivers in Nascars car numbers......kind of lame but one day it will work ;)

47straight
2/15/2006, 08:17 PM
Sorry for late entry in the thread

Pay off the debts, buy up low risk securities to guarentee 100k a year (inflation adjusted), yadda yadda yadda....

- Give enough money to OU to get great football seats and to coerce Joe Castig to bring back Top Dawg

- Every Saturday in the fall, attend the OU game, home or away. On bye weeks, pick a new stadium to go visit. Repeat till I've seen all 117 Div-1 programs.

- Set up my high school band with nice little checks

- Maybe start up my own kolache shop and cafe, though small business is a ton of work, and isn't part of being ridiculously rich not having to work?

- Build a fancy retreat center for youth in my diocese, near water (and upgrade Lake Murray's back home)

- Pay for any relative's college or vo-tech-type education

- Pay my brother back for floating me and mom when times were really tough financially. As in the giant frickin RV he's always dreamed about

If I ever just want to blow the cash, I'd run for Senate as an independent - I cannot be bought.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/15/2006, 08:35 PM
Mr. Abramoff line 2 Mr. 47Straight....he wants to know if you can help out some Indian friends ;)

BudSooner
2/15/2006, 09:21 PM
Pay some Nascar teams tire bill for Daytona just to get the words "CDIAB RAWKS MY FACE OFF" on the rear quarter panels for the 500.

Put $10,000 on the Lions to reach the Super Bowl next year, cause I could afford to lose the cash....but IF THE DO get there...oh man the payoff?????

Two words- POWER TOOLS! No man can ever have enough power tools.

Build a shop just big enough for those days when working in the driveway in the cold just won't cut it....nothing too big though.

Tickets to the game 1 of the World Series, somewhere close to home plate would be nice.

A hammock out in the yard, one that will support my fat butt.

Oh, and season tickets to all OU home games.

lexsooner
2/15/2006, 09:30 PM
Build a gaudy mansion with Elvis decor, give away millions to friends and relatives who crawl out of the woodwork like roaches, see these friends and relatives o.d on drugs, sit around and get fat and drunk, become addicted to Oxycontin, and be found wandering in the streets mistaken for a homeless person, go broke, and appear on Oprah and tell everyone I am in rehab and they should not waste their money on lotto tickets - it ruined my life.

proud gonzo
2/15/2006, 11:13 PM
I WON $7!!

:rolleyes:

GDC
2/16/2006, 08:56 AM
It's well over $300 million now.

Harry Beanbag
2/16/2006, 09:00 AM
365 I believe. I could probably get season tickets with that kind of money.

opksooner
2/16/2006, 09:03 AM
Spending the money would be the easy part. My quiestion would be this:

You have a check for 135 large in your hand (before or after taxes, no me importa). Where do you deposit SAFELY an amount like that?

GDC
2/16/2006, 09:08 AM
Spending the money would be the easy part. My quiestion would be this:

You have a check for 135 large in your hand (before or after taxes, no me importa). Where do you deposit SAFELY an amount like that?

You hire Froz as your financial adviser.

Pieces Hit
2/16/2006, 09:17 AM
Think of all the surgeries I could afford....

Harry Beanbag
2/16/2006, 09:45 AM
You hire Froz as your financial adviser.

Yeah, you would have to have a financial advisor. Put it in the lowest risk deal as possible. The interest off a chunk of change like that would be more than most people would be able to spend in a year.

critical_phil
2/16/2006, 09:53 AM
Yeah, you would have to have a financial advisor.

you could be your own mutual fund w/ that kind of money.....

GDC
2/16/2006, 10:47 AM
I would buy lots of real estate, just to hear c_p gripe about it.:)

So would the dream team of SO financial advice be Froz, c_p, and Phil as attorney?

critical_phil
2/16/2006, 11:08 AM
I would buy lots of real estate, just to hear c_p gripe about it.:)

after spending some fun money, i'd put most of the money in historically stable dividend paying stocks.

for instance, GE has paid a dividend every quarter for a lot of years (over a hundred).

IF you had 100M in GE stock on 01/01/05 and only took the dividend throughout '05:

~2.6 large in dividend. the stock itself would be worth ~104.6M.

in the past 10 years, GE has also had a 3-1 and 2-1 split:D

this is without any management at all. if you were to play higher yielding dividend stocks, it'd be much more (i used GE because they've never missed a dividend...and there are others that haven't either).

Pieces Hit
2/16/2006, 03:45 PM
I'd buy a new gaming PC every 3 months.