PDA

View Full Version : Derek Trucks to tour in Clapton's band in 2007.

Hatfield
1/26/2006, 10:19 AM
Derek Trucks is in Clapton’s touring band, and is featured on Clapton’s new record, produced by JJ Cale, due out latter in year. The tour will start in Europe, then US in Fall. It will run into 2007. Not sure what this means for the ABB at this current time.

so uhmmm Derek Trucks/Eric Clapton record produced by JJ Cale.....this has the making of some fantastic music.

Beef
1/26/2006, 10:42 AM
Should be cool, but the ABB fan in me doesn't like the sounds of it.

Hatfield
1/26/2006, 10:57 AM
yeah, I don't know what that is going to do for the allmans next year...but I am sure he won't be committed to clapton all year.

Herr Scholz
1/26/2006, 11:01 AM
Derek Trucks is allsome. He plays in Austin a lot. Played with the Allmans at the ACL Fest last September.

Howzit
1/26/2006, 12:56 PM
Interesting mix, kind of like Warren Haynes and The Grateful Dead.

And who knows to whom Derek Trucks' is married?

Hatfield
1/26/2006, 01:18 PM
I won't spoil your question since I know, but i will offer a hint....HOT and great voice.

Howzit
1/26/2006, 01:43 PM
psst, there's spek at stake, hat...

Beef
1/26/2006, 02:22 PM
Is he banging Susan Tedeschy? I never have good seats for ABB shows, so I don't recall if she's hot or not.

Hatfield
1/26/2006, 03:13 PM
beef in not just for dinner....its a winner.

critical_phil
10/28/2006, 01:02 AM
from the things i learned today file:

first of all, i don't guess i'd ever heard the name derek trucks before tonight.

my daughter is doing a family tree-type project for school, and was asking me questions about my grandparents etc. tonight. anyway, she asked me if i was related to anyone famous. i said, well my dad's first cousin was a major league ball player that won a couple of world series games. she kind of giggled when i said his name was virgil trucks.

http://www.gritz.net/subscribers_area/MAY2006/virgiltruckscard.jpg

i was getting some info off of the web for her tonight and i ran across this interview with derek trucks:

“Who pitched two no-hitters in the 1950’s in the American League?”
“That’s beautiful. (laughing) Virgil Trucks. 1952. The second one against the New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium. He’s my great uncle. He’s still alive in Birmingham, Alabama. I got to throw out the first pitch at Fenway Park when Ted Williams inducted Virgil Trucks. Ted Williams has his own Hall Of Fame in Florida, and Virgil couldn’t make it so Butch and I got to throw out the two first pitches. That was a blast. Susan sang the anthem, and we got to throw out the first pitch on Virgil Trucks Day at Fenway Park! Ted Williams said that he was one of the two hardest pitchers to hit against, so he was a bad-***.

i guess i'll give him a listen.......

PhilTLL
10/28/2006, 01:57 AM
http://www.archive.org/details/DerekTrucksBand

Howzit
10/28/2006, 06:04 AM
I've been a little ambivalent on Derek Trucks' solo efforts...not bad but not great. There's some good guitar work, the music itself just doesn't floor me.

But his slide work on Hittin' the Note by The Allman Bros is phenomenal. I didn't go to their concert down here a few years ago because it was the night before an OU/tu game, and I still kick myself. I have seen his Desdemona solo listed as one of the top 100 solos of all time.

Mixer!
10/28/2006, 07:12 AM
Derek & The Dominoes? :eddie: