PDA

View Full Version : Who here exercises?

william_brasky
1/26/2006, 09:16 AM
Anyone here exercise, and what do you do?

Okieflyer
1/26/2006, 09:18 AM
Watch my son play sports.:D

Ok, ok bowflex...no really!:O

mrowl
1/26/2006, 09:19 AM
I hope everyone does...

Tailwind
1/26/2006, 09:19 AM
I do Cardio Rehab twice a week. 20 minutes on the Aero-Schwin, 9 minutes on the armogometer, and 20 minutes on the Recumbent Total Body Stairstepper. It feels great.

Tailwind
1/26/2006, 09:20 AM
Oh yeah....and 10 minutes of cool-down stuff.

IB4OU2
1/26/2006, 09:26 AM
I watch my wife on the bowflex occasionally........I haven't been able to exercise the last 3 months or so but I've been in rehab for my knee and back, does that count?

Pieces Hit
1/26/2006, 09:27 AM
I walk from my car to the elevator and vice versa then go home and rest up.

HoserSooner
1/26/2006, 09:29 AM
Does running out a double in mixed slow-pitch count? If not, then no.

Okieflyer
1/26/2006, 09:30 AM
I watch my wife on the bowflex occasionally........I haven't been able to exercise the last 3 months or so but I've been in rehab for my knee and back, does that count?

Yes that definately counts! :D

nmsoonergirl
1/26/2006, 09:31 AM

I didn't realize you had hurt you back, also:( How's the rehab coming along?

I'm pretty good about getting my cardio in (an hour 4-5 times a week), but less good about doing weights...

Pieces Hit
1/26/2006, 09:35 AM
I watch my wife on the bowflex occasionally........Was that her on the commercial?

picasso
1/26/2006, 09:36 AM
I jazzercise.

Okieflyer
1/26/2006, 09:37 AM
Was that her on the commercial?

Yeah, 50 my a**. I gotta believe there is a lot of plastic involved. Maybe I wrong.

william_brasky
1/26/2006, 09:39 AM
Yeah, 50 my a**. I gotta believe there is a lot of plastic involved. Maybe I wrong.

She sure makes me happy in the pants regardless.

OUAndy1807
1/26/2006, 09:40 AM
I'm working my way up to a 10k this year. I was running in 5k's, but then my job got hectic and I stoped running for a year or so.

Okieflyer
1/26/2006, 09:45 AM
She sure makes me happy in the pants regardless.
Agreed! :D

OUthunder
1/26/2006, 09:46 AM
Speed golf.

william_brasky
1/26/2006, 09:46 AM
Anyone do any Swiss/Exercise ball stuff?

I've been thinking about trying it out. Anyone have any thoughts on the thing?

Pieces Hit
1/26/2006, 09:56 AM
Yeah, 50 my a**. I gotta believe there is a lot of plastic involved. Maybe I wrong.My granny never looked like that and she was in good shape.

Harry Beanbag
1/26/2006, 10:06 AM
Every morning.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d8/Richard_Simmons-Sweatin_to_the_Oldies_3.jpg/180px-Richard_Simmons-Sweatin_to_the_Oldies_3.jpg

critical_phil
1/26/2006, 10:09 AM

http://www.fitgrandmother.com/

BeetDigger
1/26/2006, 10:14 AM
Anyone do any Swiss/Exercise ball stuff?

I've been thinking about trying it out. Anyone have any thoughts on the thing?

I work out regularly. Although I just took my fitness assessment and I am really diappointed in the results. :mad: My body age is still less than my actual age however.

I work out three to five times a week. A mix of cardio and weights.

I use the swiss ball on some exercises and like it (am actually considering getting one for the bedroom as a marital aid :D ). Seriously, the swiss ball is highly recommended. I work my chest on it and also use it to work my thighs. Look at Men's Fitness and some of the other mags for ideas on exercises. You cannot lift as much weight with it because you have to balance, but that works your core - which is mucho good.

Also, you should work the bosa ball - flat on one side, rounded on the other. Stand on it and do shoulder presses, curls, reverse curls.... When you get more comfortable, stand on one leg when you do it. It is a b!tch to balance, but that is the point as it works your core.

Basically, I work out a lot, but am too fat as I don't eat right and drink too much beer and wine. I need to eating better.

Pieces Hit
1/26/2006, 10:17 AM
I've lost 11 pounds since Christmas.

Not that you could tell.

Does my *** make these pants look fat?

frankensooner
1/26/2006, 10:18 AM
I walk 3-4 miles a day and then we have an elliptical machine at home I ride for about 40 minutes 4-5 days a week. I also do crunches and some light dumbell work.

Nothing will make you feel better than regular exercise, well besides the love of a good woman. :D

GDC
1/26/2006, 10:21 AM
Elliptical bike twice a day on weekdays, weights on weekends.

IB4OU2
1/26/2006, 10:34 AM
I didn't realize you had hurt you back, also:( How's the rehab coming along?

I'm pretty good about getting my cardio in (an hour 4-5 times a week), but less good about doing weights...

Rehab for the knee is done........it's fixed. The back is Ok after the routine every three month injections are performed. I can live with the back but the knee was the biggest problem but it's fixed now and in another month I can play golf and that's my real excercise.......Yeehaw!

sanantoniosooner
1/26/2006, 10:58 AM
Sometimes I respond to threads I haven't even read just to keep the pace up.

Penguin
1/26/2006, 01:36 PM
I work with a guy who works out every day. He is also sore 100% of the time. Why work out so hard that you feel like **** all of the time?

King Crimson
1/26/2006, 01:42 PM
I work with a guy who works out every day. He is also sore 100% of the time. Why work out so hard that you feel like **** all of the time?

i hear that. i see this guy at the gym (i go a couple times a week--swim, shoot the basketball, take a sauna) who's got ice on his knees everytime i see him....and he's always there in the AM when i go. he looks great, but i think your body is telling you something if you are icing your knees everyday.

i need to get back into it, that having been said. i'm usually around 190 and closer to 205 about right now. lazy fall, i admit.

Rhino
1/26/2006, 02:16 PM
After about 18 months of no exercise, I started back at the gym a couple weeks ago. I'm still in the sore faze right now, but it feels good to get back in a routine.

Mostly, I just hangout on the elliptical and watch Wheel of Fortune. Then I go lift weights and maybe jump back on the elliptical for a while longer. The other day, I played some basketball in a pickup game. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. That night, I couldn't point my toes because my calves were so sore.

Glad I'm getting back into things though.

OhU1
1/26/2006, 02:25 PM
I do, despite my signature. I'm 25 out of 25 days this year working out. The more often I workout the more routine it seems. In the fall I would get home, procrastinate, then more often then not blow off working out. If I do it every day it becomes taboo not to exercise and I "just do it". My short term goal now that I've done 25 days is to make it through February without missing a single day. That would be 59 in a row and break DiMaggio's hit streak!

I have a Precore home eliptical machine. Set me back a few bucks last year. Now that I'm back on the program I'll say it has been worth it.

OhU1
1/26/2006, 02:32 PM

Joint pain, feet, or shin pain is couter productive and not much fun. The muscle soreness you get after a good hard workout feels good to me (unless it is the extreme first time back in the gym kind).

sanantoniosooner
1/26/2006, 02:35 PM
No Pain......

No Pain.

fadada1
1/26/2006, 02:52 PM
gotten back in the gym for the past month and a half. hadn't seen a weight room for six months prior.

start the day by running for 20+ minutes - then 10 minutes on the bike. want to do more... getting there. have changed my strategy with lifting. going MUCH lighter than i ever have doing more endurance/burnout lifting - helps keep the sweat going from the run. i'm also doing more of a whole body focus - rather than the 3 day cycle of chest/tris, back/bi, shoulders/legs. i feel much better and am slimming and toning up - which is what i'm after. now, if the Y only had a pool!!!!

Red October
1/26/2006, 03:56 PM
12 oz or 16 oz. curls. On Wednesdays, it is Big *** beer at Molly's pub, which means 20 oz. curls.

:D

Howzit
1/26/2006, 04:17 PM
Inspired by LubTex, I got back into triathlon last year. I had kept up running over the years, combined with weights, but had not been on a bike or in the pool since moving to Dallas in '99.

Anyway, I was training for the OKC half marathon (after wimping out of the full marathon) and somehow got fired up because I saw the inaugural Redman Triathlon at Lake Hefner being pushed at the OKC event. This is where I put in many an hour and mile when I lived in Edmond. I always thought it would be the perfect place for a tri, and I already had a good running base, so pulled down the bike, jumped back in the pool and started training.

It wasn't until about a month later I found out it was an Iron Distance event, with a half ironman event also. I decided to stick it out, and was able to finish it, though that's about all I can say.

It was ok through the bike, but that run was 13.1 miles of pure freakin' hell that I though would never end. I had to walk almost as much as I ran because the temperatures that day had pushed up well into the 90's - that was the same weekend Rita hit the Texas coast and stalled some unseasonably warm weather over Oklahoma and N Texas. But it was very cool running into and meeting people that were in the same boat. I ran into a couple of young pilots from Tinker, one of them an Aussie, that had blown up and we helped talk ourselves through the final 5 miles or so to the finish line. There were photographers there and I got a good pic of the of us at the finish line.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4624/finish1qp.jpg

So, now I'm kind of in post-tri mode, running and pushing my mileage back up on the weekends, looking at new bikes, and pondering what sort of madness I'll find myself in the throes of by March...

colleyvillesooner
1/26/2006, 04:26 PM
Started running/walking with the gf. Two days in a row, watch out!

picasso
1/26/2006, 04:32 PM
So, now I'm kind of in post-bi mode, running and pushing my mileage back up on the weekends, looking at new ****, and pondering what sort of madness I'll find myself in the throes of by March...
:eek:

Howzit
1/26/2006, 04:33 PM
see fantasy thread

OUthunder
1/26/2006, 04:38 PM
My wife and I exercised this morning.

C&CDean
1/26/2006, 05:01 PM
Inspired by LubTex, I got back into triathlon last year. I had kept up running over the years, combined with weights, but had not been on a bike or in the pool since moving to Dallas in '99.

Anyway, I was training for the OKC half marathon (after wimping out of the full marathon) and somehow got fired up because I saw the inaugural Redman Triathlon at Lake Hefner being pushed at the OKC event. This is where I put in many an hour and mile when I lived in Edmond. I always thought it would be the perfect place for a tri, and I already had a good running base, so pulled down the bike, jumped back in the pool and started training.

It wasn't until about a month later I found out it was an Iron Distance event, with a half ironman event also. I decided to stick it out, and was able to finish it, though that's about all I can say.

It was ok through the bike, but that run was 13.1 miles of pure freakin' hell that I though would never end. I had to walk almost as much as I ran because the temperatures that day had pushed up well into the 90's - that was the same weekend Rita hit the Texas coast and stalled some unseasonably warm weather over Oklahoma and N Texas. But it was very cool running into and meeting people that were in the same boat. I ran into a couple of young pilots from Tinker, one of them an Aussie, that had blown up and we helped talk ourselves through the final 5 miles or so to the finish line. There were photographers there and I got a good pic of the of us at the finish line.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4624/finish1qp.jpg

So, now I'm kind of in post-tri mode, running and pushing my mileage back up on the weekends, looking at new bikes, and pondering what sort of madness I'll find myself in the throes of by March...

So, who's the fag in the red shirt?

Howzit
1/26/2006, 05:31 PM
Careful, dude. I won the highjump at Sky Ranch elementary.

StoopTroup
1/26/2006, 05:39 PM
I just did 50 sit ups and 20 push ups when I got home from work.

I stretch out every morning before work and sometimes get a few sit-ups and push ups in too.

I need to walk/run more. I'm thinking about getting a Basketball Goal for the kids so we can all get out and shoot in the driveway when it's nice. Heck I used to shoot hoops in the snow.

We usually swim 3-4 times a week in the summer...sometimes more.

I can't wait for Summer.

Al Gore
1/26/2006, 08:58 PM
I work out 3 times a week to maintain my 6' 1" 210 body......Sometimes I wonder if I am getting too old to keep it up..........

proud gonzo
1/26/2006, 09:10 PM
i walk to my classes.

lexsooner
1/26/2006, 09:11 PM
I run about five days a week; run organized races of varying distances - 5K up to a full marathon; lift weights and do machines about two days a week; play in a USTA tennis league; play golf sometimes, although that is really a quasi-sport because cart-riders do not need any physical conditioning to participate, and most of my partners are too fat and/or lazy to walk.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/26/2006, 09:33 PM
I work out 3 times a week with Al Gore's wife

royalfan5
1/26/2006, 09:44 PM
I lift 3 days a week, do a core workout later in the same day as the lifting, and then I do cardio three days which I do on an ellicptical trainer because I have always struggled with shin splits. I will probably work in some swimming this summer. For the next couple of weeks I am replacing one of the cardio workouts with broomball. Thanks to this regimine I have dropped 30 lbs since the beginning of August(Some credit needs to go to an improved diet, though)

Oldnslo
1/26/2006, 09:44 PM
kickboxing 2 nights a week. 5 mornings a week I'm on the bike trainer for 30 minutes, then 50 crunches, 50 no-weight squats, 35 pushups, a set of military press, a set of curls and a set of upright rows.

sooneron
1/26/2006, 09:54 PM
I ride on the bike in the Sooner Lounge about 2-3 hours a week. Plus, occaisional weight training.

Al Gore
1/26/2006, 10:58 PM
I work out 3 times a week with Al Gore's wifeIt's a great workout!!!!!!

Penguin
1/27/2006, 12:23 AM
My wife and I exercised this morning.

Just laying there does not count as exercise.

sooneron
1/27/2006, 04:43 PM
Just laying there does not count as exercise.
Well, not on her part! :texan: