PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Freshman Impact?

kelloggOUballa
1/26/2006, 02:06 AM
Adrian Peterson or Courtney Paris?

I'd say both have great arguments.

critical_phil
1/26/2006, 02:08 AM
this is an unfair comparison.

courtney is 2 inches taller and out-weighs AD by 20 lbs.........

AllAboutThe'O'
1/26/2006, 02:29 AM
It's hard to compare the two but I will say that Courtney has given her respective team a much bigger impact on her team than A.D. has had. Courtney joined a team that went 17-13 last year, a team that was sorely lacking in size, and has been a big reason why OU is on pace to win at least 25 games this season and maybe a darkhorse Final Four candidate. She is also shattering freshman records left and right. A.D. joined a team that was coming off an appearance in the BCS national title game and, granted, while he was the man we needed for our running game, we still would have been a pretty good team last year even without A.D.
Now, another comparison can be made. A.D. finished 2nd in the Heisman balloting his freshman year. I'm not sure Courtney will finish 2nd in the women's college player of the year voting. Heck, she may not even get picked as the nation's top freshman. The media gave Tennessee's Candace Parker plenty of preseason hype and it's essentially a two-horse race between her and Courtney for that honor.
Again, it's hard to compare the two, but I think I will give a slight edge to Courtney. She's a bigger freak of nature on the hardwood than A.D. is on the football field. Plus, if she can just stay injury-free.....

shavedmarmoset
1/26/2006, 03:40 AM
I agree. But AD's injury problems came in his sophomore year. Freshman year, he was hurt for one game, the NU game, in which he still gained like 50 yards. On top of that, he still broke the NCAA freshman record and the school record for yards in a season.

But I will still go with Paris since her team had to climb up the ladder to get where they are.