PDA

View Full Version : Jason Sutherland Hate Thread

OUTromBoNado
1/25/2006, 10:20 PM
I still hate that guy.

Discuss.

NormanPride
1/25/2006, 10:21 PM
I concur. Where is he now? 5th, 6th circle?

OUTromBoNado
1/25/2006, 10:22 PM
I think he has very own special circle.

sanantoniosooner
1/25/2006, 10:24 PM
He's one of those players you love if they are on your team and you hate if they are on the other team. Every teams had a few of those.

OUTromBoNado
1/25/2006, 10:27 PM
But, you know, there's never been another player in any sport on any other team, that I dislike more than Sutherland. Just something about that guy.

I get p***ed off still thinking about him. The best was how he was always booed whenever he touched the ball no matter where he played in the country...outside of Columbia.

Newbomb Turk
1/25/2006, 10:27 PM
He's one of those players you love if they are on your team and you hate if they are on the other team.

Damn straight! Same thing I always said about the guy.

Paperclip
1/25/2006, 11:12 PM
I felt about Sutherland the way I did about Gabe Muoneke.

Rhino
1/26/2006, 12:58 AM
Haha. My co-worker (Nebraska fan) and I were talking about how much we hated him today.

Jason Keep and Gabe Mouneke also made appearances in the convo.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/26/2006, 01:04 AM
i'm sorry, but anyone that took out brooks thompson was okay in my book ;)

GottaHavePride
1/26/2006, 01:40 AM
But, you know, there's never been another player in any sport on any other team, that I dislike more than Sutherland. Just something about that guy.

Not even Rick Fox?

Collier11
1/26/2006, 02:29 AM
one thing you wouldnt do was get an uncontested layup on jason sutherland, a mean SOB.

Collier11
1/26/2006, 02:30 AM
And he could shoot from anywhere in the frickin gym, wasnt it sutherland and minor that almost got into it at the big 12 tourney diving for a ball under the scorers table??

sanantoniosooner
1/26/2006, 07:57 AM
Gabe was a hothead that lost control at times.

Jason was somebody that would do whatever it took to win.

You can hate both, but for different reasons.

Sooner04
1/26/2006, 09:36 AM
And he could shoot from anywhere in the frickin gym, wasnt it sutherland and minor that almost got into it at the big 12 tourney diving for a ball under the scorers table??
It was Sutherland and Erdmann.

And honorable mention goes to Derek Grimm.

Rhino
1/26/2006, 10:49 AM
Not even Rick Fox? Rick Fox is #1 on my list, all by his lonesome.

There's few things in this world I hate more than him.

kbsooner
1/26/2006, 05:36 PM
I concur. Hate may be too light a word in this case...

colleyvillesooner
1/26/2006, 05:40 PM
Rick Fox is #1 on my list, all by his lonesome.

My buddy is the same with with Joe Morgan. I don't know why but it's his hate barometer. He'll say "I hate ____ almost as much as I hate Joe Morgan, and you know how much I hate Joe Morgan."

SoonerDood
1/26/2006, 06:51 PM
rofl
Muoneke = pwned by OU student section.:D

King Crimson
1/26/2006, 11:40 PM
at tigerboard.com they always get a little misty eyed for Norm's teams and their spiritual purity.....and a moral outrage for the thugs OU put on the floor like Eduardo or Renzi Stone.

and at the same time sing wild hoots for the improbable Big 8 tournament runs engined by Norm's genius and the wholesome puritan play of Sutherland, the Haley Twins, Monte Hardge, Stipo, etc. none of it had to do with a basic homecourt against anyone but KU--which even then was a draw to KU's normal Allen East Kemper "joke".

and the officiating of Jim Bain (Norm's hunting buddy and Big 8 ref).....none of those things factored into it.

Salt City Sooner
1/27/2006, 12:26 AM
Monte Hardge
Dang, forgot all about that dude. He was a 2 legged sequoia. :eek:
Sandbothe & Greg Church were a couple of other Tigers that got under my skin for unknown reasons as well. Matter of fact, the only one I can say that I really liked was Sundvold. That guy was a ridiculously good shooter, & a good announcer too. ESPN screwed the pooch in letting him go, IMO.

OUTromBoNado
1/27/2006, 04:03 AM
Not even Rick Fox?

I dont' remember Rick Fox, but I'm sure if I did, I'd hate him.

There were numerous conversations in my apartment where I compared my hate for something to hating Sutherland. NormanPride can attest to that. Those were some funny conversation....especially when liquor was involved.

I still hate that f'in guy.

Harry Beanbag
1/27/2006, 07:15 AM
Rick Fox is #1 on my list, all by his lonesome.

Danny Manning would be one of those few things for me. :mad: :mad: :mad:

CtheB
1/27/2006, 09:17 AM
Lemme give you all another name to spew venom about.....Derek Grimm. How many freakin' times did this guy hit a 30 footer against us with the shot clock at zero?

Harry Beanbag
1/27/2006, 09:19 AM
I don't remember Grimm, who'd he play for and when?

Salt City Sooner
1/27/2006, 10:34 AM
Grimm played for Mizzou from the '93-94 season through '96-97. 6'10" forward who had 3 point range.

Harry Beanbag
1/27/2006, 10:37 AM
Grimm played for Mizzou from the '93-94 season through '96-97. 6'10" forward who had 3 point range.

Thanks. I was out of the country a lot during that time.

NormanPride
1/27/2006, 11:22 AM
I dont' remember Rick Fox, but I'm sure if I did, I'd hate him.

There were numerous conversations in my apartment where I compared my hate for something to hating Sutherland. NormanPride can attest to that. Those were some funny conversation....especially when liquor was involved.

I still hate that f'in guy.

Is Fox the same guy that played for the Lakers recently? Or are we talking about a different Fox? Because if we go into pro ball, I can go on for a while.

Rhino
1/27/2006, 11:36 AM
I think the Morning Animals read this thread.

This morning they were talking about if Kobe would be booed when he comes to town. They said Sutherland, Muoneke and Fox would probably get bigger boos.

Is Fox the same guy that played for the Lakers recently? Or are we talking about a different Fox? Because if we go into pro ball, I can go on for a while. Same Fox. Ulrich Fox.

Don't forget, he also hit that last-second shot against OU in '90.

Harry Beanbag
1/27/2006, 12:27 PM

That's why I don't like him.

OUTromBoNado
1/27/2006, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I admit Kobe pretty high up there on my list, but I don't really watch pro ball. I didn't really start watching NFL regularly until this year. I'm much more into college sports.

Good to know that Sutherland hate is still goin' strong after 10 years.

I would rather live in College Station than look at Sutherland. That should tell you a lot. I loathe a&m.

NormanPride
1/27/2006, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I admit Kobe pretty high up there on my list, but I don't really watch pro ball. I didn't really start watching NFL regularly until this year. I'm much more into college sports.

Good to know that Sutherland hate is still goin' strong after 10 years.

I would rather live in College Station than look at Sutherland. That should tell you a lot. I loathe a&m.

Would you give up Dr. Pepper to erase him from the timeline?

King Crimson
1/27/2006, 02:44 PM
That's why I don't like him.

i watched that game in Salina, Utah. on the way back to Denver with a friend who couldn't care less about sports. I'll never forget the next morning going for a swim in the motel pool full of leaves and cold as hell. a beautiful sunrise and mountains...pure serentiy.....and i was so ****ed off i couldn't even talk until about noon and we'd been on the road for several hours.

Pricetag
1/27/2006, 05:01 PM
I'll never get the image of him hitting that shot over the outstretched arm of Jackie Jones out of my head. I ran to my room and ripped the tournament bracket I had on the wall to shreds almost immediately.

Taxman71
1/27/2006, 05:08 PM
Obviously, most puke basketball players are too obvious in hate category to mention (Gottlieb, Big country, Sean Sutton), but John Potter always ****ed me off just seeing him on the court. I don't know why, but it did.

OUstud
1/27/2006, 07:03 PM
Anyone remember an A&M player, around 1996-1997, who had a last name that started with a Q, and he looked really thuggish? I just remember his looks scared me when I was little.

OUTromBoNado
1/27/2006, 08:04 PM
Would you give up Dr. Pepper to erase him from the timeline?

Dude, DO NOT bring the Dr. into this. That is below the belt.

Nobody talks to me about me giving up Dr. Pepper. Them's fightin' words!:mack:

Brasky7
1/28/2006, 06:55 PM
i remember hating Jared Haas from Kansas as well...

(though not as much as Sutherland, Muoneke, or Gottlieb)

OUTromBoNado
1/31/2006, 02:27 AM
bump

CtheB
1/31/2006, 09:44 AM
I'll never get the image of him hitting that shot over the outstretched arm of Jackie Jones out of my head. I ran to my room and ripped the tournament bracket I had on the wall to shreds almost immediately.

What a crapper that year was. End the season ranked #1 and then get sent to Austin, Texas for the subregional. Then get North Carolina in the second round (with seven losses as an EIGHT SEED!).

Man, we just let Ricky Fox waltz across the lane didn't we?

CtheB
1/31/2006, 09:47 AM
i remember hating Jared Haas from Kansas as well...

(though not as much as Sutherland, Muoneke, or Gottlieb)

Kansas has a bunch of stiffs that had careers against us...Chris Piper comes to mind as well. But the one guy that really ticks me off is Clint Normore. The kid was a DB on the football team, and a scrub for the first 35 games of his senior year in basketball. Plays one game. The national championship game. And has like eight points or something.

And, yes, I'm still waiting to see if they would call a fourth foul on Danny Manning. He got his third with about 11 minutes left in the FIRST HALF!

stonecoldsoonerfan
2/20/2006, 06:02 AM
Man, we just let Ricky Fox waltz across the lane didn't we?

go back and look at that game and you'll find the refs let george lynch camp out in the lane for a full NINE seconds straight too! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

stonecoldsoonerfan
2/20/2006, 06:05 AM
Dang, forgot all about that dude. He was a 2 legged sequoia. :eek:
Sandbothe & Greg Church were a couple of other Tigers that got under my skin for unknown reasons as well. Matter of fact, the only one I can say that I really liked was Sundvold. That guy was a ridiculously good shooter, & a good announcer too. ESPN screwed the pooch in letting him go, IMO.

kelvin called monte hardge the largest man he'd ever seen on a basketball court. ever.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/20/2006, 05:08 PM
If any of you ever have the misfortune of being licked by a Vietnamese Pot-Bellied Pig, that smell that is left is Jason Sutherland.

OUTromBoNado
2/22/2006, 04:36 AM
If any of you ever have the misfortune of being licked by a Vietnamese Pot-Bellied Pig, that smell that is left is Jason Sutherland.

heh.