PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the OU/Tx game will stay in the Cotton Bowl

NickZeppelin
1/25/2006, 06:41 PM
OU regents OK Cotton Bowl talks

By Susan Simpson
The Oklahoman

The University of Oklahoma regents authorized today athletic director Joe Castiglione to negotiate with Dallas city officials an extension of the Cotton Bowl stadium agreement.

The current agreement allows OU and the University of Texas to hold annual football games at the Cotton Bowl through 2008.
Castiglione said Dallas leaders are pledging $55 million in improvements to the stadium in the city's state fair park. Renovation would increase seating by about 16,000.

"Fans want to continue the tradition of the universities meeting in Dallas," OU President David Boren said.

http://newsok.com/article/1743246/?template=home/main

snp
1/25/2006, 07:07 PM
Still not confirmed yet...

mrowl
1/25/2006, 07:19 PM
dallas has to approve a bond package, which will NEVER happen... bastages.

snp
1/25/2006, 07:33 PM
Shhh, don't ruin my false hope, mrowl.

:(

william_brasky
1/25/2006, 07:52 PM
It's like a cartoon. Boren and Dodds putting the squeeze on Dallas and the Cotton Bowl for the almighty cheese.

I'm fine with the Cotton Bowl as is. They talk about amenities and the like. WTF? This is football. Quit being greedy pussies.

IronSooner
1/25/2006, 08:25 PM
Dude, the cotton bowl is ****ty. Literally. If OU/tx wasn't there it'd have fallen apart by now.

yermom
1/26/2006, 06:41 AM
other than the crappy seats, which i barely use, i have no problems with the condition

as long as it doesn't fall down while i'm inside :)

it's nice to hear Boren at least acknowledge that the fans don't want it to move

Octavian
1/26/2006, 08:08 AM
would also be nice to hear Dodds echo Boren

caphorns
1/26/2006, 10:48 AM
The University of Oklahoma regents authorized today athletic director Joe Castiglione to negotiate with Dallas city officials an extension of the Cotton Bowl stadium agreement.

Have they authorized him to go to the bathroom yet?

Herr Scholz
1/26/2006, 10:53 AM
The OU Regents' vote was simply a formality. UT's Board hasn't gotten this far yet. It's FAR from being a done deal. FAR.

I would love to see that place seat 92K people. That would improve the game. As far as the other amenities are concerned, I couldn't care less. If nothing were done, I would still want the game there though. Pretty sure our 2 schools won't.

william_brasky
1/26/2006, 10:58 AM
Ronnie Lott is stupid.

Herr Scholz
1/26/2006, 11:18 AM
Ronnie Lott is stupid.
I (and Texas Monthly) respectfully disagree. ;)

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/tramberg/VY.jpg

william_brasky
1/26/2006, 11:55 AM
I (and Texas Monthly) respectfully disagree. ;)[/img]

Texas Monthly? I thought that was when a Horn Co-Ed's Aunt Flo came to visit. :texan:

Texas Golfer
1/27/2006, 12:22 PM
One team's regents authorizing the AD to begin negotiations doesn't make this a done deal by any stretch of the imagination. This thread is a bit premature.

C&CDean
1/27/2006, 12:51 PM
I think this thread is Nick's version of premature ejac. He just thinks of a hot chick, and BAM! This is so far from "done" that it's laughable.

I hope the game never moves, however, the CB is the biggest POS stadium there is next to Boonesfarm. Give me a jumbotron. Why do the fags at the other end of the stadium get replay and we don't? If they're not going to do anything with the POS seats, just take them out. Nobody sits anyhow. As far as bathrooms, just take out the overflowing urinals and put in a big trench. Where I pee isn't that important to me.

Big Red Ron
1/27/2006, 12:58 PM
I think this thread is Nick's version of premature ejac. He just thinks of a hot chick, and BAM! This is so far from "done" that it's laughable.

I hope the game never moves, however, the CB is the biggest POS stadium there is next to Boonesfarm. Give me a jumbotron. Why do the fags at the other end of the stadium get replay and we don't? If they're not going to do anything with the POS seats, just take them out. Nobody sits anyhow. As far as bathrooms, just take out the overflowing urinals and put in a big trench. Where I pee isn't that important to me.Don't forget mack's big black tent he got installed so his team doesn't get their feelings hurt by soonerfans.:rolleyes:

Half a Hundred
1/27/2006, 01:13 PM
I (and Texas Monthly) respectfully disagree. ;)

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/tramberg/VY.jpg

Oh my God, I am so glad I got back to school from Houston before that issue came out, otherwise I would have had to deal with the embarrassing situation of puking all over Kroger back home... :rolleyes:

caphorns
1/27/2006, 01:15 PM
The more I think about it, the more I like the prospect of the home-and-home. I can see this only adding fuel to the fire. Just imagine how much you'll hate us after you get a whiff of the non-road fans in Austin. I'm sure the Norman locals are probably right up there with the Arkansas fans in their level of hospitality as well.

TexasLidig8r
1/27/2006, 01:24 PM
The more I think about it, the more I like the prospect of the home-and-home. .

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

Why .. oh why.. do you so hate Austin and Sweet Baby Jebus like that? Why???? (he asks in the Nancy Kerrigan "why" voice.)

Big Red Ron
1/27/2006, 01:34 PM
As a long time and well traveled Sooner. I can tell you right now, if they make it a home and home, I ain't going to Austin.

OUthunder
1/27/2006, 01:35 PM
it's nice to hear Boren at least acknowledge that the fans don't want it to move

Some fans...

TexasLidig8r
1/27/2006, 02:10 PM
Thunder.. why are you in favor of the game going home and home?

Big Red Ron
1/27/2006, 02:21 PM
Thunder.. why are you in favor of the game going home and home?Can't speak for Thunder but it does sorta bother me that the state of texas & city of Dallas receives so much money from Oklahomans that go down there. It's th principal of the thing to some.

caphorns
1/27/2006, 02:32 PM
As a Texan it bothers me that we'd be providing charity to the Dallas politicians to keep it there. Let them drown in their own incompetence as far as I'm concerned.

They could play OU-TX on Boise's f'n blue field and it would still be a huge rivalry for me. Even though I'd have to take mandatory breaks for my eyes.