PDA

View Full Version : OU wrestling

MiccoMacey
1/25/2006, 06:37 PM
The Sooners are home again next weekend Sat. Jan. 28, when it hosts No. 9/12 Iowa State at 4 p.m. inside the Howard McCasland Field House.

Anyone going? I have to work unfortunately.

GDC
1/25/2006, 08:07 PM
I'm vowing to catch at least one match before Ware graduates.

MiccoMacey
1/25/2006, 09:36 PM
I'll be seeing him in OKC March 16-18th as he wins his third NCAA title.

critical_phil
1/26/2006, 01:38 AM
The Sooners are home again next weekend Sat. Jan. 28, when it hosts No. 9/12 Iowa State at 4 p.m. inside the Howard McCasland Field House.

Anyone going? I have to work unfortunately.

i may be heading to KC on saturday a.m., if not i'm gonna try to make it.

I'm vowing to catch at least one match before Ware graduates.

well, saturday should've already been on your calendar. he wrestles #2 ranked nate gallick.

teyon is 1-6 lifetime against gallick. the lone win was at last year's nationals......

GDC
1/26/2006, 04:57 PM
If I could score a basketball ticket I'd come up and make an entire Saturday out of it.

LSUdeek
1/26/2006, 04:59 PM
I went to high school with Leonce Crump. He should be graduated by now ('99).

Son of a **** told my current wife once to sit on his lap in class. She laughed at him. ;)

MiccoMacey
1/27/2006, 02:17 PM
Son of a **** told my current wife once to sit on his lap in class. She laughed at him. ;)

Before or after she sat on his lap. :D

I may be able to go to the OU-OSU match on the 19th. Still have to clear it with the boss (Mrs. MiccoMacey, not the work boss).

LSUdeek
1/27/2006, 03:13 PM
And look at this crap!

http://www.nfleurope.com/teams/story/AMS/8293678

The last time the Baton Rouge native played football was as a freshman in high school but he still maintains it is the love of his life.

“I have loved football my whole life,” he said. “My earliest memories are with a football. I played a little in high school, but when I went to a different school there wasn’t a football team and my mom wanted me to concentrate on school.”

There hasn't been a football team at Baton Rouge Magnet since 1980.

critical_phil
1/28/2006, 07:24 PM
cyclones win 19-16.

with the exception of haze and flaggert, the sooners look out of shape and technically unsound.

MiccoMacey
1/28/2006, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the update.

Sounds like there were several close matches, score-wise anyway.

Vernon nearly beat #3 Paulson, Dyer lost by one to Backes. I'm hoping Shane can become an outstanding wrestler...soon. And by soon I mean by March 16-18th.

usmc-sooner
1/29/2006, 01:42 PM
We lost again to another Big 12 team. Ware lost again to Gallick. I'm getting pretty dissapointed in Spates. OU has a good tradition in wrestling but I guess there are only a few of us who care about it anymore.

MiccoMacey
1/30/2006, 04:56 PM
I totally agree.

It's hard to complain when you place third at the NCAAs as we have been doing as of late (and currently we are projected second according to wrestlers receiving points based on current rankings).

Howeer, we have never had a "dominant team", much less a dominant team that maintains domination over a three or four year period.

We have never been a threat to win it all under Spates.

A National Champ here and there sprinkled with some late round AA's isn't enough.

I'd like to see two or three in the finals every year, or at least most years. Until then, I won't be happy.