PDA

View Full Version : This is Texas Tech Red Raider football...

shulaball
1/25/2006, 03:16 PM
It is ZERO National Championships.

It is being 8-20-1 in Bowl games.

It is being 0-3 in the Cotton Bowl.

It is being Southwest Conference Co-Champions twice.

It is having NO Big 12 Conference Championships.

It is having NO Tradition.

It is being 14-41 against Texas.

It is being 3-10 against Oklahoma.

It is being 29-34 against Texas A&M.

It is having a tied 4-4 series with North Texas.

It is filling your roster with players that Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and North Texas didn't want.

It is losing the Cotton Bowl and a prize qb recruit to the same team in the same year.

It is total disrespect for the running game in your offense.

It is total disrespect for the opposing team's running game.

It is getting beat 24-17 by Oklahoma State who rushed 50 times against you and averaged 5.8 ypc.

It is getting beat 62-31 by Missouri.

It is allowing 50+ points in 17 games and losing all of them.

It is padding your offense's stats by playing Div IAA schools.

It is having everyone in the nation thinking you are a Div IAA or Div II school.

It is playing in a 2 team conference and TT NOT being one of those teams.

It is having a coach roller blading down the middle of a busy section of road because "that's where the smooth spot is".

It is having players draw up plays on an X-box.

It is the coach implementing plays drawn up on an X-box.

It is Zorro on a horse for a mascot.

It is endangering the life of the mascot's horse and having the animal die at a game.

It is acting like you invented the forward pass.

It is having silly opposing team player "look-a-like" threads on message boards.

It is having half the fan base embracing the Pirate logo and the other half embarrassed by it.

It is having half the fan base slinging tortillas and the other half embarrassed by it.

It is tearing down the goalpost and assaulting the opposing team's fans with it.

It is being the "ginger kids" of NCAA football.

just thought all the Sooners here would get a kick out of this... :)

1stTimeCaller
1/25/2006, 03:19 PM
It is endangering the life of the mascot's horse and having the animal die at a game.

never heard of this one. what happened there?

shulaball
1/25/2006, 03:35 PM
from a texas tech poster on another message board...

"1994 was a strange year, 5-way first place tie (TECH won the tie-breaker) and our mascot lost its rider and hit it's head in the tunnel, dying during the game..." :eek:

not sure which game...

westcoast_sooner
1/25/2006, 03:44 PM
Great post. That's some research. Wonder if someone has done something like that for boone state?

PDXsooner
1/25/2006, 03:44 PM
actually, it is 2-11 against OU. in case you didn't watch the game this year, OU actually won.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/25/2006, 03:53 PM
from a texas tech poster on another message board...

"1994 was a strange year, 5-way first place tie (TECH won the tie-breaker) and our mascot lost its rider and hit it's head in the tunnel, dying during the game..." :eek:

not sure which game...

Yep, Zorro steed got spooked and reared and bucked zorro. The horse bolted and whacked on the stadium wall. I think it was put down...

NickZeppelin
1/25/2006, 03:58 PM
That gif of the Tech fan behind the bell tells you all you need to know about Tech football.

Harry Beanbag
1/25/2006, 04:02 PM
I didn't realize they'd been to that many bowl games.

NickZeppelin
1/25/2006, 04:04 PM
Here's the infamous Tech bell ringer

Link (http://media.putfile.com/bellringer)

RooseveltRoughRider
1/25/2006, 04:32 PM
Poor Tech....lol

But in Texas Tech's Defense..they are ALSO.....

The ONLY school in the Big 12 to be Bowl eligible every single year that the Big 12 has existed...

Also the ONLY team to have a winning season every year the Big 12 has existed..

and they hung 70 on Nebraska AND TCU last year..

other than that...they suck.

SeattleOUstudent
1/25/2006, 04:34 PM
never heard of this one. what happened there?

Happened abouuuuuuut.....1994? The horse got spooked in a game, ran full-steam into the brick wall...killed it instantly.

Beef
1/25/2006, 04:37 PM

That never ceases to be comically disturbing.

Desert Sapper
1/25/2006, 04:40 PM
actually, it is 2-11 against OU. in case you didn't watch the game this year, OU actually won.

The record books will always say that Tech beat us in 2005, no matter how many times we point out that we really won. Although it may be true, and anyone that saw the game would agree (and anyone that even saw the ESPN highlights that played again an again would agree), continuing to beat this dead horse puts us in the same category as *cough* *choke* Mizzzzou, whose fans continue (16 years later) to point out that Missouri really 'beat' Colorado in 1990 (the infamous 5th down) and really 'beat' Nebraska in 1997 (the infamous 'kicked' ball). The fact that we are doing it about Tech makes it even worse.

GDC
1/25/2006, 04:50 PM
I've always liked Tech, after UTEP and OU.

NormanPride
1/25/2006, 05:02 PM

Have you gone partying with Mike Price yet?

GDC
1/25/2006, 05:03 PM
Have you gone partying with Mike Price yet?

Mikey couldn't keep up with me in Juarez.:texan:

opksooner
1/25/2006, 05:14 PM
......it is having your name given undeserved notariety in the title of a SF thread.

PDXsooner
1/25/2006, 05:30 PM
The record books will always say that Tech beat us in 2005, no matter how many times we point out that we really won. Although it may be true, and anyone that saw the game would agree (and anyone that even saw the ESPN highlights that played again an again would agree), continuing to beat this dead horse puts us in the same category as *cough* *choke* Mizzzzou, whose fans continue (16 years later) to point out that Missouri really 'beat' Colorado in 1990 (the infamous 5th down) and really 'beat' Nebraska in 1997 (the infamous 'kicked' ball). The fact that we are doing it about Tech makes it even worse.

true...however, i will continue to bring this up over and over every time i encounter a tech fan. even though they'll say "scoreboard" and point out that a win is a win, it will get under their skin. that's my only intention.

same thing with USC claiming the 1939 national title. i will never acknowledge it. no chance, no way.

TexasLidig8r
1/25/2006, 05:42 PM
Amazing how close their series record with aggy is though.

The Ensuing Kickoff
1/25/2006, 07:50 PM
Who could possibly give this much of a crap about Texas Tech?

tbl
1/25/2006, 10:06 PM
On the list of schools they get the scraps of, you forgot TCU.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/25/2006, 10:33 PM

GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW SOMEONE WOULD POST IT! I KNEW WHAT WAS ON IT!!!!!!!!!! I"VE SEEN IT TIME AND TIME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

STILL FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Consumate Showman
1/25/2006, 11:14 PM
I did have some respect for Leach until this years game.

I thought he handled the whole situation VERY wrong after the game saying that they had to score twice just to get it to count....anybody have the exact quote he used after the game?

I think Bob will end the whole "I respect Mike Leach" crap will end this year when Tech rolls into Norman. I know he'll say it to the media (that he respects Mike), but behind closed doors you know he's got to be ready to whip their AZZES this year.

Good Luck Mikey Leach....HANG HALF A HUNDRED ON 'EM BOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason White's Third Knee
1/25/2006, 11:31 PM
I did have some respect for Leach until this years game.

I thought he handled the whole situation VERY wrong after the game saying that they had to score twice just to get it to count....anybody have the exact quote he used after the game?

I think Bob will end the whole "I respect Mike Leach" crap will end this year when Tech rolls into Norman. I know he'll say it to the media (that he respects Mike), but behind closed doors you know he's got to be ready to whip their AZZES this year.

Good Luck Mikey Leach....HANG HALF A HUNDRED ON 'EM BOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, that's just Leach's sense of humor. He's another one of those guys that you love or hate. I love the guy. He's hilarious. He reminds me of Barry, but with a straight face. He always says crazy stuff. Brilliant football mind though.

NickZeppelin
1/25/2006, 11:32 PM
GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW SOMEONE WOULD POST IT! I KNEW WHAT WAS ON IT!!!!!!!!!! I"VE SEEN IT TIME AND TIME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

STILL FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can watch that vid 100 times it's still just as funny.

The Consumate Showman
1/25/2006, 11:33 PM
Nah, that's just Leach's sense of humor. He's another one of those guys that you love or hate. I love the guy. He's hilarious. He reminds me of Barry, but with a straight face. He always says crazy stuff. Brilliant football offensive mind though.

Fixed

Jason White's Third Knee
1/25/2006, 11:36 PM
You can watch that vid 100 times it's still just as funny.

I swear, I've seen it 700 times. It may be the single funniest piece of video footage ever recorded. Sure there might be one that I laugh harder at, but I laugh at this thing every ****ing time. Someone needs to track that hippy down for a "Where are they now?" recap.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/25/2006, 11:37 PM
Fixed

Oh, yeah. What's defense? Big time. Still great though.

The Consumate Showman
1/25/2006, 11:41 PM
Oh, yeah. What's defense? Big time. Still great though.

For me, I want a coach that's more defensive minded like Stoops or Carroll. A great D is more important to me than an offense that can score 70 on a D1AA team. Look at Stoops, we have had some good OC's come through and all leave for HC jobs. Only ONE D Coordinator has left.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/26/2006, 12:07 AM
For me, I want a coach that's more defensive minded like Stoops or Carroll. A great D is more important to me than an offense that can score 70 on a D1AA team. Look at Stoops, we have had some good OC's come through and all leave for HC jobs. Only ONE D Coordinator has left.

What. Bo doesn't count? I agree with you. D is the way to go. I do like him for TT though. They needed a way to get butts in the seats and a lot of points is a good way to do it.

sanantoniosooner
1/26/2006, 12:23 AM
Have anything to do with their tortilla fetish?:D

Vaevictis
1/26/2006, 03:00 AM
What. Bo doesn't count?

I imagine that Bo was invited to leave after some of the sorry showings his area of responsibility sometimes made.

The Consumate Showman
1/26/2006, 11:35 AM
I imagine that Bo was invited to leave after some of the sorry showings his area of responsibility sometimes made.

DITTO

In Through The Out Door
1/26/2006, 11:41 AM
Tech sucks. They should be in the WAC or Mountain West. Throw Tech and Baylor out.

Desert Sapper
1/26/2006, 12:29 PM

I don't know. I think Bo saw his opportunities for advancement as pretty limited. He realized he was never going to own the defense like he does now at LSU. His defense was pretty good this year, 5th Total, 8th Scoring, 7th Rushing. I think he was trying to do his old buddy Bob a favor, and he didn't have the personnel to make it happen.

NickZeppelin
1/26/2006, 01:31 PM
Here's another version of that video that makes it even funnier.

Ring My Bell (http://www.zippyvideos.com/2296853191096496/ringmybell3555/)

SoonerStormchaser
1/26/2006, 01:36 PM
Oh man...that was too damned funny!

caphorns
1/26/2006, 01:44 PM
It is filling your roster with players that Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and North Texas didn't want.

FALSE.

This needs updating badly.

GDC
1/26/2006, 01:47 PM
I love Tuesday.

Coloradosker
1/26/2006, 01:58 PM
Nah, that's just Leach's sense of humor. He's another one of those guys that you love or hate. I love the guy. He's hilarious. He reminds me of Barry, but with a straight face. He always says crazy stuff. Brilliant football mind though.
Leach definitely has a twisted sense of humor but it is the way he delivers it that ****es some people off. I'm the same way so I can appreciate him, but it ruffles some people's feathers to no end.

caphorns
1/26/2006, 02:09 PM
I wan my mommie

fixed

TexasLidig8r
1/26/2006, 02:53 PM
I kind of like sand aggy...

Their coach likes pirates. He used to be a mouthpiece. He knows the quality of a good drink. He goes for it on 4th and 40 from his own 10 yard line. You get good quotes out of him.

The sand aggy coeds were known (probably still known) for being morally bankrupt sex machines since let's face it.. there's not much to do in Lubbuttocks.

sand aggy always gives aggy a good game and in fact, has been the dominant team the last 10 years or so with aggy.

Sure, their uniforms are hideous and change on a weekly basis and their helmets look like a bass boat but at least they aren't Okie Lite Whataburger Orange or the flourescent yellow of Oregon.

And.. they will always be battling for the most part for third place in the Big XII south with aggy.

GDC
1/26/2006, 04:09 PM
We need No:texan:Thursday also.