PDA

View Full Version : Benevolent sexist? Guilty, as charged!

Tear Down This Wall
1/25/2006, 03:01 PM
Ready for the Ambivalent Sexism Inventory? I was. I discovered that I am a benevolent sexist - i.e., one that believes in "knight in shining armor" types of stuff regarding de womens! :D

Freaking hi-larious:

http://www.understandingprejudice.org/index.php?section=asi&action=takeSurvey

yermom
1/25/2006, 03:06 PM
wow, i am like totally sexist

i don't think i like the questions on that survey

TheHumanAlphabet
1/25/2006, 03:08 PM
Hostile Sexism Score: 4.91
Benevolent Sexism Score: 2.27

critical_phil
1/25/2006, 03:08 PM
well whaddaya know......... i'm average.

like i've never heard that from a woman before.

.........or a test for that matter.

Pricetag
1/25/2006, 03:12 PM
Would you like those questions plain, or loaded?

mdklatt
1/25/2006, 03:23 PM
The scaling is stupid. Is a 3 neutral? Or does anything above 0 mean you somewhat agree with the question? If that's a research project I hope they lose their funding. Terrible polling technique.

Ike
1/25/2006, 03:31 PM
does this quiz make my *** look fat?

Tear Down This Wall
1/25/2006, 03:32 PM
What, Pricetag? You mean like question #18

(18) There are actually very few women who get a kick out of teasing men by seeming sexually available and then refusing male advances.

Disagree strongly
Agree strongly

Tear Down This Wall
1/25/2006, 03:36 PM
Or, #15:

(15) Once a woman gets a man to commit to her, she usually tries to put him on a tight leash.

Disagree strongly
Agree strongly

Stoop Dawg
1/25/2006, 03:46 PM
The scaling is stupid. Is a 3 neutral? Or does anything above 0 mean you somewhat agree with the question? If that's a research project I hope they lose their funding. Terrible polling technique.

It's not just the scaling, the entire thing is poorly done. Asking "agree or disagree" to a statement with "not" in it is just asking for a wrong answer.

And "Men should be willing to sacrifice their own well being in order to provide financially for the women in their lives." Well, I also believe women should be willing to sacrifice their own well being in order to provide financially for the men in their lives, but they failed to ask that question. Presumably, my response of "agree strongly" makes me a "Benevolent sexist". Whatever.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/25/2006, 03:49 PM
That's why I was laughing when I did this. The questions are so skewed that they lead people to answer a certain way. And if you don't answer that way, you beg for scorn becuase you don't conform. I also jacked their post quiz questions. So if they try to publish this, they will be publishing jacked data...

skycat
1/25/2006, 03:56 PM
My dad sent me a bunch of sexist jokes today and I laughed at a couple of them. Does that mean I don't get to put the "benevolent" in front of "sexist"?

NormanPride
1/25/2006, 03:59 PM
Do I look fat in this?

a) No. (read as: But you ARE fat, so the dress doesn't matter)
b) You're not fat. (read as: Yes.)
c) I want to sleep on the couch/get my face kicked in

Okla-homey
1/25/2006, 04:15 PM
I don't understand this kind of crap. Women run the planet because they control the poonanny supply. Simple economics. If a woman isn't smart enough to figure that out and gives it away for free without conditions, she's asking to be treated like a piece of meat. All the really powerful wimmins in history have demonstrated they understood that simple fact. Everything else is psycho-babble rubbish.

GottaHavePride
1/25/2006, 06:17 PM
I thought all the statements were wildly leading, so all my answers were either a 3 or a 4 - barely to the agree or disagree side. So I'm about a 2.0 in both categories. Which means I'm apparently an average Australian or German male.

mdklatt
1/25/2006, 06:28 PM
Which means I'm apparently an average Australian or German male.

You must drink a lot of beer.

Tailwind
1/25/2006, 07:54 PM
You must drink a lot of beer.
If that's the criteia for being an average German or Australian man, 90% of the posters on this board are average German or Australian men. :D

bigdsooner
1/25/2006, 08:40 PM
Hostile Sexism Score: 4.09
Benevolent Sexism Score: 4.18
:confused:
this test is gay